March 19, 2024, 01:36:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas 11/05/09 13 dead, 43 wounded-(Murder Charges)  (Read 730158 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1840 on: August 27, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »

Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan gets last chance to talk at court martial
Published August 27, 2013

His victims' loved ones spent the morning telling of the grief Army Maj. Nidal Hasan caused in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage, leaving the rest of the day for the self-confessed "soldier of Allah" to make his own case - possibly for martyrdom.

<snipped>

It is unlikely that there will be a verdict Tuesday since there is still the rebuttal, closings and additional jury instructions before the panel is handed the case.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/27/with-death-sentence-on-line-widows-fort-hood-slain-describe-lost-moments-with/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1841 on: August 27, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1842 on: August 27, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 36m
#Hasan is not using any evidence that a number of experts compiled on his behalf over more than 3 years.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 38m
#hasan's standby attorneys wanted to speak with him "urgently" so we are in quick 15 minute recess.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 44m
There won't be a sentence today; jury will reconvene tomorrow morning for closing arguments. #hasan

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 45m
Judge asks Hasan if decision was voluntary. He says yes. Judge says, "You're the captain of your own ship, do you understand that?" He does

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 56m
Hasan puts on no case in punishment phase. "The defense rests," he says.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 1h
Heading into courtroom for #hasan's possible statement. 2 pm CT.

Summary of today's action so far: http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/more-family-members-slated-to-testify-in-hasan-tri/nZdLy/

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 3h
This morning's sketch. https://vine.co/v/hiJ2DgVTu0p

#Hasan may give unsworn statement without being cross examined.

Gaffaney's widow: "We never thought we'd be apart until we grew old together. As soon as he died I became very lost and I'm still v. lost."

Miranda Strickland ‏@MLStrickland 4h
@FtHoodShootings has been my only TIMELY way of keeping track of what's going on. Thank you @CentralTXHarley for sharing the tweets!
 Retweeted by Fort Hood Shootings

Final prosecution witnesses describe collateral damage of shootings: divorce, PTSD, alcoholism, families torn apart. #hasan

#Hasan will present defense at 2 p.m. CST. He will NOT call any witnesses.

#Hasan had previously asked for more time, but as soon as prosecution rested he told judge: "The defense is ready to proceed."

BREAKING: Prosecution has rested. #Hasan will present his defense after lunch. Unclear if he will take the stand.

Traci Chadbourne ‏@TChadbourne 4h
@FtHoodShootings I am crying while reading your tweets, cant imagine sitting through days of witnessing their pain & anger. My heart hurts.
 Retweeted by Fort Hood Shootings

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 4h
Just 2 in-person prosecution witnesses left (plus the written statement of a family member who couldn't come). #hasan

Krueger's mom: "When a parent loses a child, it creates an...irreplaceable void. Part of you is missing. I live with that every day."

Sgt. Amy Krueger joined after 9/11. Her mom told her: "You can't take on Bin Laden all by yourself." She answered: "Watch me."

Mom of Pfc. Pearson: "We always wanted to see who he would become."

J. Cahill: I need to fight to show "that (Hasan) is not going to win; that I am in control."

Joleen Cahill, wife of Michael Cahill, has attended almost every pre-trial hearing over last 3 years. She took the stand today.

Warman's husband went to rehab and received recovery coins from Alcohlics Anonymous: "I would push them into the ground at my wife's grave."

Husband of Lt. Col. Warman started drinking heavily after her death and had a friend take the guns out of his house.

Testimony from husband of Lt. Col. Juanita Warman was very, very hard to listen to. "It was like I had something ripped out of me."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1843 on: August 27, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KenKalthoffNBC5

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 56m
#hasan could still make a #forthood closing statement tomorrow. He's said nothing of substance since his opening statement. @NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 57m
#hasan #forthood jury will return at 9 am for sentencing closing arguments, jury instructions and closing arguments. @NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 1h
#hasan rests and says nothing in #forthood sentencing phase! @NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 3h
So now, what will #hasan do? Another religious speech? #forthood judge gave him time for afternoon prayers before court resumes at 2.@NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 4h
#hasan defense will begin at 2pm. He says he has no witnesses or documents. #forthood prosecutors rested before lunch break. @NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 4h
#hasan says he is ready to go with a defense in sentencing phase of his #forthood mass shooting trial. Prosecution has rested. @NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 5h
2 more #forthood #hasan sentencing witnesses were scheduled. One will be a statement read in court, not in person. Hasan's turn soon?@NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 5h
Relatives of 4 #forthood mass shooting victims have testified in #hasan sentencing today.. All shaken by loss of loved ones.@NBCDFW

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1844 on: August 27, 2013, 04:15:53 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KDHCrime

Rose L. Thayer ‏@KDHmilitary 1h
No closing statement from #Hasan in his sentencing phase.
 Retweeted by Philip Jankowski

Rose L. Thayer ‏@KDHmilitary 1h
#Hasan: "The defense rests."

Rose L. Thayer ‏@KDHmilitary 43m
Judge to #Hasan: "You are the captain of your own ship."

Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 2h
Here's the latest from the Nidal #Hasan trial on #FortHood: http://kdhnews.com/military/hasan_trial/hasan-says-he-is-ready-to-proceed-with-sentencing-phase/article_c62861a6-0f2e-11e3-9fa6-001a4bcf6878.html

Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 4h
Nidal #Hasan will begin presenting his case in sentencing at 2pm CST. He told court he is not calling either of his 2 witnesses. #FortHood

#Hasan will present his case NOW. "The defense is ready to proceed." #FortHood

Government rests. #Hasan #Forthood

We're on the last prosecution witness in Nidal #Hasan's sentencing trial. #FortHood

Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 5h
We have taken a brief recess in Nidal #Hasan's sentencing. Four have testified today. #FortHood

Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 5h
Here's the morning report on #Hasan sentencing trial from #FortHood. Update incoming http://kdhnews.com/blogs/case_files/morning-report-aug/article_b560ad7e-0f15-11e3-ba8e-001a4bcf6878.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1845 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/chrissadeghi

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 1h
Jury will receive instructions tomorrow morning and begin deliberating life sentence vs. death penalty. #Hasan.

NO STATEMENT from #Hasan. Defense rests. Jury has been released for the day.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 2h
http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/hasan-wont-present-evidence-in-punishment-phase … - Summary of Tuesday's #Hasan trial so far. Families continue to express pain. Hasan statement anticipated at 2pm.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 3h
#Hasan says he'll not present evidence or call witnesses. He can still make an unsworn statement and testify himself. We'll find out at 2pm

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 3h
Prosecution rests. Judge gave #Hasan option if when he wants to start and he said he is ready to proceed now.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 4h
Philip Warman turned to alcohol after wife Juanita died at Ft Hood. Took guns out of home. "I wasn't suicidal, but I didn't trust myself."

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 5h
We were also told the early ending to court Monday was because #Hasan had to deal with a "hygiene issue."

Jerri Krueger's daughter Amy joined Army after watching twin towers fall. Jerri: "You can't take on Bin Laden by yourself."  Amy: "Watch Me"

More raw emotion @ #Hasan trial. Joleen Cahill says she never canceled husband's Michael's cell. Kids call, leave messages & hear his voice

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1846 on: August 27, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/RachelCoxKWTX

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 50m
#hasan takes 15 min recess after his standby counsel says it's urget to talk to him following no comment in sentencing

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 1h
#hasan says nothing in sentencing, jury panel released until tomorrow when they'll start deliberations on if he'll live or die

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 3h
Aaron Nemelka's mom: I had honor & privilege of raising him & being the mother of such a wonderful boy & nobody can take that away from me

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 4h
#hasantrial recess until 2, up next #hasan may tell his side of story, unrestrained by court, says he won't call witnesses

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 5h
Testimony in #hasansentencing will be heard from 3 more ppl...but will #Hasan give a statement?...

Warman's husband has been sober since 2010, says he pushes sobriety coins in ground at her grave

Lt Col Juanita Warman's husband: "like I had something ripped out of me I started drinking and pretty much drank until the following June

Pfc Michael Pearson's mom: "We just wanted to see who he was gonna be..."

Joleen Cahill-amazing woman of strength talks abt #hasan "He is not going to win I am in control"

Cahill family kept Michael's cell on so his kids could hear his voice and talk to him years after death

Sgt Amy Krueger's mom to her daughter Amy: you can't take in Bin Laden all by yourself & she said watch me

Lt Col Randy Royer was shot twice, says he can't go to pharmacy the waiting chairs remind him of Nov 5th

Judge says long recess yesterday was due to #hasans personal hygiene issues

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1847 on: August 27, 2013, 04:20:44 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/nomaanmerchant

Nomaan Merchant ‏@NomaanMerchant 3h
Our latest from another emotional day at the #Hasan trial - http://bit.ly/16OldjE  - Hasan scheduled to present defense at 2. #FortHood

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1848 on: August 27, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KCENSophia

KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 1h
All #Hasan said was "the defense rests." Court in recess until tomorrow for instructions for deliberations @KCENNews

KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 3h
#Hasan says he will use no evidence or provided witnesses in sentencing, could still take stand, he will present at 2pm @KCENNews

Correction: I meant the prosecution is done calling sentencing witnesses #Hasan @KCENNews

The defense is done calling witnesses for sentencing. #Hasan says he's ready to go @KCENNews

KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 4h
Pfc Peason was set to come home from tour and marry his HS sweetheart. His mom wept&says #Hasan robbed her of future grand kids @KCENNews

KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 4h
"I decided2fight back that his killing is not going2destroy my fam. That[ #Hasan ] is not going to win&that I'm in control." Cahill's widow

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1849 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jasonwhitely

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 1h
DEVELOPING: #Hasan waives final chance for an argument and does NOT present one. Closing, deliberations begin tomorrow. No verdict today.

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 4h
Now likely the jury will get the #Hasan case this afternoon. Verdict in sentencing could be soon after.

#Hasan trial resumes at 2p. He will not call any witnesses. Told the judge he didnt need extra prep time after all.

It now appears #Hasan might say something this afternoon - read a statememt or present an argument, his last chance before jury gets case.

.@USArmy prosecutors finish their case in #Hasan sentencing. Called 7 witnesses - loved ones of people killed in the 2009 #FortHood massacre

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: August 27, 2013, 04:24:39 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/annawerner

AnnaWernerCBS ‏@annawerner 53m
#Hasan's 3 words: "The defense rests." Jury will begin deliberating in the morning at #FortHood. #FtHood

AnnaWernerCBS ‏@annawerner 2h
Heading back to court to hear #Hasan's case if any. He can testify under oath or make unsworn statement at #FortHood trial.

AnnaWernerCBS ‏@annawerner 4h
#Hasan's demeanor this morning: looked at witnesses but often looked down at table during testimony; sometimes flipped papers #FortHood

AnnaWernerCBS ‏@annawerner 4h
#Hasan will present no witnesses or evidence; back at 2pm to see what he says if anything for his defense at sentencing.

AnnaWernerCBS ‏@annawerner 5h
When victim Amy Krueger enlisted, mom told her "You can't take on Bin Laden all by yourself." Amy said, "Watch me." #FortHood #Hasan trial

AnnaWernerCBS ‏@annawerner 5h
#Hasan trial #FortHood: Victim's wife's will to survive: "This shooting, this killing is not going to destroy my life or my children's."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1851 on: August 27, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS

Paula Reid ‏@PaulaReidCBS 1h
Maj. #Hasan declines to give statement or testimony at sentencing.  Jury panel dismissed until tomorrow at 9am to begin deliberations.

Paula Reid ‏@PaulaReidCBS 3h
Cameras are not allowed in the court martial courtroom. So sketches are essential to journalists telling th... https://vine.co/v/hiJEzdU07P1

Judge allowed longer afternoon break to accommodate Maj. Hasan's prayer time Court to reconvene at 2 p.m..@CBSNews @CBSEveningNews #FtHood

#Hasan can make an unsworn stmt or testify under oath.  Difference is testimony is subject to cross & question’s from judge & panel #FtHood

Govt rests after testimony from 20 witnesses. #Hasan tells court he has no evidence or witnesses. Unclear whether he will speak. #FtHood

Paula Reid ‏@PaulaReidCBS 4h
Lt. Col. Warman's husband now brings his AA coins to Arlington National Cemetery & pushes them into his wife's grave. #FtHood @CBSNews

Lt. Col. Warman's husband on her murder: "Like I had something ripped out of me & I started drinking & I drank until the following June."

Murdered Sgt. Amy Krueger told mom in '01: “I am joining the Army.” Mom: "You can’t take on bin Laden all by yourself." Krueger: “Watch me."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1852 on: August 27, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes

Stars and Stripes ‏@starsandstripes 1h
‘It was like I had something ripped out of me.’  #FortHood #Hasan http://www.stripes.com/1.237636  Via @jhlad

Jennifer Hlad ‏@jhlad 1h
Nidal #Hasan rests case without calling any witnesses or speaking in his own defense. Experts believed he would give unsworn statement.
 Retweeted by Stars and Stripes

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1853 on: August 27, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/fthoodshootings

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 3m
Standby lawyers, over #Hasan objection, seek OK to put on punishment phase evidence on his behalf.
e
 Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 35m
The 15 minute recess has stretched out to about an hour; unclear what the delay is. Hasan and his attnys finished speaking awhile ago.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1854 on: August 27, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/RachelCoxKWTX

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 38m
Odd pause in #hasantrial, hasan in courtroom by himself, judge says she's doing research on something out of court

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 2h
#hasan takes 15 min recess after his standby counsel says it's urget to talk to him following no comment in sentencing

Rachel Cox ‏@RachelCoxKWTX 2h
#hasan says nothing in sentencing, jury panel released until tomorrow when they'll start deliberations on if he'll live or die

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1855 on: August 27, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 6m

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 8m
Hasan's standby lawyer to judge: 'If nobody is making a case for life, there is only death. And that is something we cannot abide by.'

August 27, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/KDHCrime
Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 1m
“@FtHoodShootings: Judge denies #Hasan standby lawyers' request to put on mitigating evidence in punishment phase.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1856 on: August 27, 2013, 05:30:42 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 8m
#Hasan co-counsel again asks judge to let them step in & present evidence against his wishes. Judge denies.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1857 on: August 27, 2013, 06:39:27 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 42m
Military law expert Geoff Corn: "The judge is on rock solid constitutional grounds" in denying standby attorneys' motion.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 50m
Expert: In his closing argument, #Hasan can discuss prosecution's evidence, but can't introduce anything new on his own.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 51m
Expert: Because he presented no evidence, #Hasan will be limited in his closing argument tomorrow.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 52m
Judge says there is no federal authority to let standby lawyers present mitigation evidence over #Hasan's objections. He is the "captain."

Adjourned for the day. Closing arguments scheduled for tomorrow, followed by deliberation on punishment.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: August 27, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »

August 27, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KenKalthoffNBC5
Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 46m
#hasan could speak in closing arguments tomorrow. #forthood jury sentencing deliberation expected then. @NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 48m
#forthood judge: #hasan is 'Captain of his own ship.' His stand by lawyers complained he rested with no defense sentencing evidence @NBCDFW

August 27, 2013 Tweets

Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 1h
“@FtHoodShootings: Judge denies #Hasan standby lawyers' request to put on mitigating evidence in punishment phase.”

Standby lawyers, over #Hasan objection, seek OK to put on punishment phase evidence on his behalf.

August 27, 2013 Tweets
Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 52m
Final opportunity for #Hasan to speak is closing arguments, but w/ no cross-examinations or statements during trial, not much he can say.

#Hasan co-counsel again asks judge to let them step in & present evidence against his wishes. Judge denies.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1859 on: August 27, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »

Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan rests case without speaking at sentencing phase of trial
August 27, 2013

<snipped>

Army Maj. Nidal Hasan rested the sentencing phase of his case Tuesday without speaking in his own defense after his victims' loved ones spent the morning telling of the grief he caused in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage.

The self-confessed "soldier of Allah" declined to make his own case for martydom as some expected. The judge then recessed the hearing until Wednesday.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/27/with-death-sentence-on-line-widows-fort-hood-slain-describe-lost-moments-with/?test=latestnews

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.