April 27, 2024, 04:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas 11/05/09 13 dead, 43 wounded-(Murder Charges)  (Read 732993 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2009, 12:38:49 AM »

Bump

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2009, 05:05:31 AM »

an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2009, 05:08:14 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting
Fort Hood: Another victim of shooting rampage dies
  By APRIL CASTRO and DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writers April Castro And Devlin Barrett, Associated Press Writers   – 20 mins ago

FORT HOOD, Texas – A military official says one more person has died after being injured during a shooting rampage at Fort Hood in Texas.

Post spokesman Tyler Broadway said early Friday that the toll now stands at 13 dead and 30 wounded. Late Thursday, officials said 12 people had been killed and 31 wounded in the afternoon attack.

The victims' identities haven't been released.

The suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was on a ventilator and unconscious in a hospital late Thursday. The Army psychiatrist was shot four times after the rampage began around 1:30 p.m.

The motive for the shootings isn't clear, but Hasan was apparently set to deploy soon. He also had expressed some anger about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Military officials were starting Friday to piece together what may have pushed an Army psychiatrist trained to help soldiers in distress to turn on his comrades in a shooting rampage that killed 12 people and wounded 31 in Texas.

The suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was on a ventilator and unconscious in a hospital after being shot four times during the shootings at the Army's sprawling Fort Hood, post officials said. In the early chaos after the shootings, authorities believed they had killed him, only to discover later that he had survived.

In Washington, a senior U.S. official said authorities at Fort Hood initially thought one of the victims who had been shot and killed was the shooter. The mistake resulted in a delay of several hours in identifying Hasan as the alleged assailant.

Authorities have not ruled out that Hasan was acting on behalf of some unidentified radical group, the official said. He would not say whether any evidence had come to light to support that theory.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss matters that were under investigation.

Officials are not ruling out the possibility that some of the casualties may have been victims of "friendly fire," that in the mayhem and confusion at the shooting scene some of the responding military officials may have shot some of the victims.

The gunfire broke out around 1:30 p.m. at the Soldier Readiness Center, where soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening. Nearby, some soldiers were readying to head into a graduation ceremony for troops and families who had recently earned degrees.

Pastor Greg Schannep had just parked his car along the side of the theater and was about to head into the ceremony when a man in uniform approached him.

"Sir, they are opening fire over there!" the man told him. At first, he thought it was a training exercise — then heard three volleys and saw people running. As the man who warned him about the shots ran away, he could see the man's back was bloodied from a wound.
Schannep said police and medical and other emergency personnel were on the scene in an instant, telling people to get inside the theater. The post went into lockdown while a search began for a suspect and emergency workers began trying to treat the wounded. Some soldiers rushed to treat their injured colleagues by ripping their uniforms into makeshift bandages to treat their wounds.

Fort Hood Lt. Gen. Bob Cone praised the soldiers for their quick reaction.

"God bless these soldiers," Cone said. "As horrible as this was it could have been worse."

Video from the scene showed police patrolling the area with handguns and rifles, ducking behind buildings for cover. Sirens could be heard wailing while a woman's voice on a public-address system urged people to take cover. Schools on the base went into lockdown, and family members trying to find out what was happening inside found cell phone lines jammed or busy.

"I was confused and just shocked," said Spc. Jerry Richard, 27, who works at the center but was not on duty during the shooting. "Overseas you are ready for it. But here you can't even defend yourself."

The wounded were dispersed among hospitals in central Texas, Cone said. Their identities and the identities of the dead were not immediately released.

Jamie and Scotty Casteel stood outside the emergency room at the hospital in Temple waiting for news of their son-in-law Matthew Cooke, who was among the injured.

"He's been shot in the abdomen and that's all we know," Jamie Casteel told The Associated Press. She said Cook, from New York state, had been home from Iraq for about a year.

Amber Bahr, 19, was shot in the stomach but was in stable condition, said her mother, Lisa Pfund of Random Lake, Wis.
"We know nothing, just that she was shot in the belly," Pfund said. She couldn't provide more details and only spoke with emergency personnel.

Ashley Saucedo told WOOD-TV in Michigan that her husband was shot in the arm, but she couldn't discuss specifics. Saucedo said she and the couple's two children weren't permitted to leave their home at Fort Hood during the shootings.

The motive for the shooting wasn't clear, but Hasan was apparently set to deploy soon, and had expressed some anger about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said generals at Fort Hood told her that Hasan was about to deploy overseas. Retired Col. Terry Lee, who said he had worked with Hasan, told Fox News he was being sent to Afghanistan.

Lee said Hasan had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars.

For six years before reporting for duty at Fort Hood, in July, the 39-year-old Army major worked at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center pursuing a career in psychiatry, as an intern, a resident and, last year, a fellow in disaster and preventive psychiatry. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001.

But his record wasn't sterling. At Walter Reed, he received a poor performance evaluation, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly. And while he was an intern, Hasan had some "difficulties" that required counseling and extra supervision, said Dr. Thomas Grieger, who was the training director at the time.
At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

Investigators had not determined for certain whether Hasan was the author of the posting, and a formal investigation had not been opened before the shooting, said law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2009, 07:56:42 AM »

snipped.......
http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-fort-hood-shootings6-2009nov06,0,4341651.story?page=2&track=rss

"It scares me to death," Sullens said. "There was nothing they could have done to keep him off post because he belonged here. It's terrifying to think he's the one who is supposed to be making sure everyone is OK, and he himself is insane."

~~~~~~~~~~~
INSANE?? oh no no no nooooo, not at all! He's a 'plant'. They are everywhere, right under our noses in everyday life. The man was on a mission ... PERIOD!

and no, I am not insane either...I am crazy, but not insane.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »

Yes with FT Hood the info is BOUND to change frequently and it will say what they want it to say. I can say this from my own personal heartache. In 1989 May to be exact,(i was 15, it was one week b4 my 16 birthday) my dad was shot in the back of the head on West Range road in Ft Hood territory. The initial report(before either myself or grandma was notified) Was "according to ft Hood press authority Mr K_____, died of a self inflicated wound early monday morning"  The only correction ever made was to say the report may have been inaccurate. (now I dont know guns etc) But I do know a person can NOT hold a rifle(which is what dad was killed with) and shoot theirself in back of head. My dads car was dumped in a nearby lake. (this wasnt found out till several yrs later and never told officially to us his family) The official report was no one knew what happened to the car, it must have gotten stolen while they were trung to treat dad. My mom(who was divorced from my dad) went to Ft Hood wanting them to atleast correct the statement that he killed himself. She worked at a convience store close to Ft Hood, that night at work one of her regular customes came in adn said, I saw u at the base today. He continued to tell her, for my and my grandmother saftey she needed to not "push" the issue.  My dad was never in the military, it was just back in the day when we could use the base as a short cut. We still do not know why my dad got killed. we haev ideas...

One last note. The day we buried dad, (a week later, due to some problem with the autopsy) Ft Hood was locked down, BECASUE a "gun" was missing. When we get the autopsy back, low and behold, the missing gun was same caliber that killed dad. So I dont trust any word from Ft Hood.

TXsflame,
I'm very sorry about your father's death.      My father passed on five years ago, but he had been in ill health.  We miss him still.  I'm  remarking on my own father's passing because it's hard enough to lose a parent, but it sounds like in the case of your father's death, there are too many questions unanswered and so it leaves dark clouds around his memory of him  for you and your family.  From what you are describing, I fear you may never have the answers you want and need, and I'm so sorry.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2009, 08:17:13 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21537156/detail.html
Army: Suspect Said 'Allahu Akbar!' Before Shooting
Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan On Ventilator, Unconscious
APRIL CASTRO, Associated Press Writers

POSTED: 11:03 pm EST November 5, 2009
UPDATED: 7:36 am EST November 6, 2009
FORT HOOD, Texas -- The base commander at Fort Hood says soldiers who witnessed a shooting rampage that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire at the Texas post.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone told NBC's "Today" show on Friday that suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, made the comment, which is Arabic for "God is great!" before the rampage Thursday that also left 30 people wounded.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »

Imagine that...if you will Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2009, 08:26:24 AM »

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/69365492.html
November 6, 2009

Fort Hood: All Survivors in Stable Condition
FORT HOOD (November 06, 2009)-Fort Hood officials said in Friday morning’s press conference that all survivors of the violent shooting incident on post were in stable condition.

KBTX News 3 reporter Meredith Stancik was at Scott and White early Thursday and reported that out of the ten patients that arrived Thursday at the hospital, six were recovering in the Intensive Care Unit while four others were stable and receiving standard in-patient care

When the ten patients arrived at Scott and White on Thursday, all but one were unconscious

There were no surgeries scheduled for Friday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2009, 08:27:40 AM »

Imagine that...if you will Rolling Eyes

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »

FORT HOOD, Texas -- The base commander at Fort Hood says soldiers who witnessed a shooting rampage that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire at the Texas post.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone told NBC's "Today" show on Friday that suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, made the comment, which is Arabic for "God is great!" before the rampage Thursday that also left 30 people wounded.
<snipped>

"Allah Akbar" no longer translates to "God is great!" for me.  If I'm out and I hear "Allah Akbar", to me it means "Run like he77".   

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2009, 09:02:29 AM »

<snipped>

"Allah Akbar" no longer translates to "God is great!" for me.  If I'm out and I hear "Allah Akbar", to me it means "Run like he77".   
Me too Muffy, run as fast as you can.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2009, 10:48:01 AM »

Yes with FT Hood the info is BOUND to change frequently and it will say what they want it to say. I can say this from my own personal heartache. In 1989 May to be exact,(i was 15, it was one week b4 my 16 birthday) my dad was shot in the back of the head on West Range road in Ft Hood territory. The initial report(before either myself or grandma was notified) Was "according to ft Hood press authority Mr K_____, died of a self inflicated wound early monday morning"  The only correction ever made was to say the report may have been inaccurate. (now I dont know guns etc) But I do know a person can NOT hold a rifle(which is what dad was killed with) and shoot theirself in back of head. My dads car was dumped in a nearby lake. (this wasnt found out till several yrs later and never told officially to us his family) The official report was no one knew what happened to the car, it must have gotten stolen while they were trung to treat dad. My mom(who was divorced from my dad) went to Ft Hood wanting them to atleast correct the statement that he killed himself. She worked at a convience store close to Ft Hood, that night at work one of her regular customes came in adn said, I saw u at the base today. He continued to tell her, for my and my grandmother saftey she needed to not "push" the issue.  My dad was never in the military, it was just back in the day when we could use the base as a short cut. We still do not know why my dad got killed. we haev ideas...

One last note. The day we buried dad, (a week later, due to some problem with the autopsy) Ft Hood was locked down, BECASUE a "gun" was missing. When we get the autopsy back, low and behold, the missing gun was same caliber that killed dad. So I dont trust any word from Ft Hood.

TXsflame,
I'm very sorry about your father's death.      My father passed on five years ago, but he had been in ill health.  We miss him still.  I'm  remarking on my own father's passing because it's hard enough to lose a parent, but it sounds like in the case of your father's death, there are too many questions unanswered and so it leaves dark clouds around his memory of him  for you and your family.  From what you are describing, I fear you may never have the answers you want and need, and I'm so sorry.   an angelic monkey

TY I acpeted long ag, that I would never know the truth. I do not want ANYONE to think I bashing FT Hood, what happened thereis tragic. I just know that information will be contaminated. SRRY these post are so messed up I can not see what I am typing on the screen??

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: November 06, 2009, 11:06:34 AM »

Txsflame ~  You say you are having trouble seeing what you are typing on the screen?  Is it jumping around?  Or is  there something else going on? 

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #313 on: November 06, 2009, 11:17:56 AM »

I HAVE to get this off my chest in a safe place. I do not know if Hasan's "faith" has anything to do with the WHYS of what he did. But it just keeps happening.  It is scary. I found myself explaining over and over again to my 16 yr old son last night, that NOT all Muslims/islams are like that. It is gonna be hard to convince this generation of that though. One of their earlies memories is of 9/11, and now kids my sons age ate getting ready to decided what to do with their life, and the ARMY has been attacked.  Now if this war of the Muslims against America every works itself out...my sons generation IS GONNA be prejudice...how could they not. Their entire childhood has been Muslims attacking America..the HOME of the free and the Brave..and supposed to be safe. I am sorry I am not making any sense. It just hurt so bad to hear my son so angry at a whole nationality/religion. It is also hard to defend them to him, knowing what so many of them have done. I did defend them and explain, they were not ALL evil. I used the examples of nice ones we have met in stores and stuff.. His reply well mom I am sure they thought this one was nice until he wasn't anymore. How do you argue that or defend that..it is true. Both 9/11 and 11/5 have hit my son hard. Living near the biggest military base in the world, he and his peers get the after shock. It is their schools locked down, and they do not understand. There were so many rumors around us after 9/11 and of course we all realized how in danger we were with the base so near..oh and then president Bush's ranch is 30 minutes the other direaction. Please note I am NOT saying all Muslims are bad, or that all are killers. I am only trying to figure out how to help my hurting son. It was especially hard on him as his much loved and respected uncle works there, served 20 yrs in the army and then went back as a civilian worker. Thank GOD it did not take us long to know he was ok, but every minute a 16 year old boy had to wait to know if his hero was ok, was too long and was agony for my son.

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #314 on: November 06, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »

Txsflame ~  You say you are having trouble seeing what you are typing on the screen?  Is it jumping around?  Or is  there something else going on? 

Yes it disappears below the bottom of the screen,?? Then I can scroll down, but if I try to edit it jumps back to the top.

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2009, 11:53:52 AM »

I am going thru the internet and working on a list of wounded and dead. Will post as soon as I get a good list.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »

Yes it disappears below the bottom of the screen,?? Then I can scroll down, but if I try to edit it jumps back to the top.

Txsflame you might want to try this:

Look up to your browser bar and left click on Page.  Go down to compitbility view settings.  Click on view all websites in compatibility view.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

Look up to your browser bar and left click on Page.  Go down to compitbility view settings.  Click on view all websites in compatibility view.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »

I am in about as worse shape today as I was yesterday and last night about this. I haven't really read back yet, and I don't know if this has even been brought up here.

Hasan didn't want to be deployed. He didn't want to go to war. But nobody was asking to go kill his "brothers" because he was a psychiatrist. He would have hardly been out there in a Humvee manning a gun, or a foot soldier walking the streets in the war zone. He would have been in some kind of hospital setting, probably well away from the real action.

This is just an excuse for what he did. He had been unhappy ever since he was sent to Fort Hood from being close to his home and his family. He was that ticking time bomb of "home grown" terrorist we have all become to fear.

I am more angry as ever for the President and his minions who keep saying not to  jump to conclusions. Lt General Cone was hog tied as to what he could say by the administration. You could tell he was not saying what he wanted to say. I doubt if we will ever know the real truth as to what happend at that post yesterday.

Meanwhile, the president comes out to say a few words about the massacre at Ft Hood yesterday. You would have thought from the reaction for his "shout out" speech yesterday right after the shooting he would have learned his lesson. But NO! Today he comes out to the Rose Garden to say some words about Ft Hood, said mostly not to jump to conclusions, and then went on speaking about he political agenda. Jobs, health care, etc for many more minutes than he spoke of the people at Fort Hood. Now Gibbs is giving his press briefing, and the same thing, business as usual.

Could the president not say "We are not going to leave a stone unturned to find out what happened, and let the chips fall where they may?! We will find you and get you!! Nothing like that. The great orator is a complete dud as a president. I have no, none, zilch, nada confidence in this administration. How much more can the American people take??? 

God Bless our Soldiers, God Bless us, and God Bless America, because we are going to really need it!!!!  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »

I HAVE to get this off my chest in a safe place. I do not know if Hasan's "faith" has anything to do with the WHYS of what he did. But it just keeps happening.  It is scary. I found myself explaining over and over again to my 16 yr old son last night, that NOT all Muslims/islams are like that. It is gonna be hard to convince this generation of that though. One of their earlies memories is of 9/11, and now kids my sons age ate getting ready to decided what to do with their life, and the ARMY has been attacked.  Now if this war of the Muslims against America every works itself out...my sons generation IS GONNA be prejudice...how could they not. Their entire childhood has been Muslims attacking America..the HOME of the free and the Brave..and supposed to be safe. I am sorry I am not making any sense. It just hurt so bad to hear my son so angry at a whole nationality/religion. It is also hard to defend them to him, knowing what so many of them have done. I did defend them and explain, they were not ALL evil. I used the examples of nice ones we have met in stores and stuff.. His reply well mom I am sure they thought this one was nice until he wasn't anymore. How do you argue that or defend that..it is true. Both 9/11 and 11/5 have hit my son hard. Living near the biggest military base in the world, he and his peers get the after shock. It is their schools locked down, and they do not understand. There were so many rumors around us after 9/11 and of course we all realized how in danger we were with the base so near..oh and then president Bush's ranch is 30 minutes the other direaction. Please note I am NOT saying all Muslims are bad, or that all are killers. I am only trying to figure out how to help my hurting son. It was especially hard on him as his much loved and respected uncle works there, served 20 yrs in the army and then went back as a civilian worker. Thank GOD it did not take us long to know he was ok, but every minute a 16 year old boy had to wait to know if his hero was ok, was too long and was agony for my son.
TXFLAME    an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.