March 18, 2024, 10:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas 11/05/09 13 dead, 43 wounded-(Murder Charges)  (Read 730130 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: November 09, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »

Fort Hood Shooting Suspect Awake, Talking
Army Increasingly Believes Maj. Hasan Acted Alone

By PETER SANDERS and YOCHI J. DREAZEN

FORT HOOD, Texas – A U.S. Army hospital spokesman said the man suspected in a deadly shooting spree at Fort Hood is conscious and able to talk.

Dewey Mitchell, a spokesman at Brooke Army Medical Center, said Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan remains in stable condition. Mr. Mitchell said Maj. Hasan has been awake and able to talk since he was taken off a ventilator Saturday.

Maj. Hasan is at Brooke Medical Center in San Antonio, about 150 miles southwest of Fort Hood.

Authorities say the 39-year-old Maj. Hasan opened fire at a processing center Thursday at Fort Hood, the country's largest military installation. Thirteen people were killed and 30 were wounded.

The rampage ended when civilian police shot Maj. Hasan.

Army officials said their investigators increasingly believe that Maj. Hasan was the lone gunman in the carnage. "Right now we're operating on the belief that he acted alone and had no help," said a military official familiar with the Army Criminal Investigation Division probe.

The military read the names of the 13 people killed in the shooting and said the suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, had been taken off a ventilator. Video courtesy of Fox News.

To help settle the question more definitively, the official said, military investigators were trying to determine where Maj. Hasan had purchased his handguns and the large quantity of ammunition used in the attack.

At least one weapon, an expensive semiautomatic handgun, came from gun store Guns Galore in Killeen, where the Army base is located, law-enforcement officials said. A person who answered the phone at the store Friday said it was cooperating with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and had been asked by law-enforcement officials not to comment.

Military and civilian law-enforcement authorities are examining Maj. Hasan's phone and computer records to see if he had communicated with any extremist elements in the days before the attack, according to a military official familiar with the matter.
More

The official said the investigators who seized Maj. Hasan's home computer during a recent search of his Texas apartment have been conducting a forensic reconstruction of every Web site he visited and every email he sent in the run-up to the rampage. The official cautioned that there was no hard evidence, at present, of any suspicious communications.

Maj. Hasan, a U.S.-born Muslim of Jordanian and Palestinian ancestry, was slated to deploy to Afghanistan in November. Some witnesses told investigators that he shouted "Allahu Akbar," Arabic for "God is great," before he opened fire on the unarmed soldiers waiting for medical treatment Thursday.

Investigators haven't announced a motive for the shootings but believe Maj. Hasan was almost certainly the author of an Internet posting that expressed general support for suicide bombings.

Investigators have interviewed hundreds of witnesses, including victims, but officials caution that the probe remains in a preliminary stage. Much of the Army's attention has been focused on helping the families of the deceased and injured.

In Washington, the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs plans to investigate the shootings, the motive and whether the Army overlooked any warning signs, said Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, the committee's chairman.

"It's premature to reach conclusions about what motivated Hasan," Mr. Lieberman, an independent, said on "Fox News Sunday." "But it's clear that he was, one, under personal stress and, two, if the reports that we're receiving of various statements he made, acts he took, are valid, he had turned to Islamist extremism."

Army officials have warned troops not to jump to any conclusions about Maj. Hasan's motives and what role, if any, his faith might have played in the shootings.

Rep. John Carter, whose congressional district includes Fort Hood in central Texas, said he personally considers the shooting rampage on the Army base a "terrorist act" because witnesses said they heard Maj. Hasan say "Allahu Akbar."

"When he shouted 'Allahu Akbar,' he gave a clear indication that his faith or Muslim view of the world had something to do with it," said the congressman, a Republican. Mr. Carter added that he would wait until the official criminal investigation is concluded before rendering an official opinion.

In Killeen, grieving has only begun for the victims of the mass shooting. At church services around the city Sunday, pastors talked about strength and service and how to pray in the face of evil.

More than 200 people have already attended counseling sessions at the base, officials said.

"There were a lot of tears," said Jill Cone, the wife of the general

The Army base prepared for a memorial service on Tuesday, which President Barack Obama is expected to attend. The victims' bodies will be released to their families the following day, and the 12 who were soldiers will be buried with full military honors.

Sixteen victims were still hospitalized Sunday, seven of them in intensive care, officials said.

Maj. Hasan remained in intensive care at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio but is no longer on a ventilator. Army officials say his condition, while critical, is improving, which means they may soon be able to question him in person.

Legal experts said Maj. Hasan could be prosecuted in a military or federal court. A state prosecution is less likely because the crime involves a military defendant and crimes committed on federal property, said Cynthia Orr, president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

But in any event, she said, Maj. Hasan could face the death penalty. "Anytime you have multiple victims it raises the specter of the death penalty," she said. "That is certainly one of the qualifying factors."
—Ana Campoy, Evan Perez, Ann Zimmerman and the Associated Press contributed to this article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125778227582138829.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2009, 12:03:18 PM »

Private Joseph Foster, who was wounded in the shooting at Fort Hood Army post, walks out of his house with his wife, Mandy, and their six month-old daughter Keilee on the Fort Hood Army post in Fort Hood, Texas November 8, 2009. Thirteen people died in the mass shooting Thursday at the sprawling U.S. Army base in Texas. An Army psychiatrist trained to treat war wounded is suspected in the killings. The suspect, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a Muslim born in the United States of immigrant parents, was shot four times by police. He was hospitalized and is in stable condition.
REUTERS/Larry Smith/Pool (UNITED STATES MILITARY CRIME LAW)

Injured Utahn helped other troops at Fort Hood
Weber soldier aided others after shooting despite being shot

By Joseph M. Dougherty
Deseret News
Published: Friday, Nov. 6, 2009 10:25 p.m. MST

WASHINGTON TERRACE — These emotions weren't supposed to come yet.

The worry, the heartache, the fear: They were expected later, once Aggie Foster's son deployed to Afghanistan, not on Thursday while he still was awaiting his deployment at a Texas Army base.

Aggie Foster was at work at Ogden Regional Medical Center when her daughter-in-law called to tell her that a gunman had walked into Fort Hood's Soldier Family Readiness Center and shot her youngest son, Joey, an Army private first class, in the hip.

Aggie Foster began to buckle, but Joey's wife, Mandy, assured her that Joey was OK, and the mother talked with her son Thursday and Friday.

Joey Foster, 21, has only been in the Army for a year, following in his brother's footsteps. But his training kicked in during the mayhem at Fort Hood, his mother said.

Thirteen people died and 30 were wounded when Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, believed to be the lone shooter, began firing. Included among the dead was 19-year-old Pfc. Aaron Thomas Nemelka of West Jordan.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705342691/Injured-Utahn-helped-other-troops.html

Fort Hood soldier: I 'started doing what I was trained to do'

Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) -- Pvt. Joseph Foster was filling out routine paperwork for his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan on Thursday when he heard a shout quickly followed by a burst of gunfire from just a few feet away.

"I was sitting in about the second row back when the assailant stood up and yelled 'Allahu akbar' in Arabic and he opened fire," Foster said Monday on CNN's "American Morning."

Foster, 21, said he wasn't clear about whether the gunman said those exact words, noting that "with that much adrenaline, you tend to forget things."

But the soldier did not forget his basic training, which may have saved his life and the lives of others.

" got down on the floor, moved to cover. One soldier had peeked his head around the cubicle I was hiding in ... and I pulled him in," Foster said. Foster realized he had been shot in the hip but was too consumed by adrenaline to think about his injury.

"Another soldier had come in as soon as the assailant had moved away from us," he said. "Those two got up and got out, and I got out shortly behind him."

Once outside, Foster said, he hid behind a military shipping container "and started doing what I was trained to do."

" started helping get people into the next building and get them under cover," he said.

Despite his injury, Foster, who has a wife and two young children, said he still plans to deploy to Afghanistan in January.

"I'm still a soldier day in and day out," he said. "I'll do my job."

Video:  http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/09/fort.hood.foster/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2009, 12:14:50 PM »

Olathe South grad wounded in Fort Hood shooting rampage

By DON BRADLEY
The Kansas City Star

Army Reserve Spc. Keara Bono’s family was working up to the idea of her going to Iraq.

“I didn’t know I had to worry about her getting shot down in Texas,” her mother, Peggy McCarty, said Thursday night.

Bono, 21, a 2006 graduate of Olathe South High School, was one of 31 people wounded Thursday at the Fort Hood military base in Texas. Twelve people were killed, including the shooter.

McCarty said she knew nothing about the incident until her mother called and told her to check the news. McCarty said she tried calling and texting Bono but received no response.

Finally, Bono called and told her mother that yes, she was one of the shooting victims, hit in the back. She’d also suffered abrasions on her face.

Her brother, Dustin Bono, said his sister appeared to be fine and was “mad more than anything.”

He said she told him, “They shot me! And I’m still here in this country.”

She was scheduled to be “boots on the ground” in Iraq on Dec. 7.

Dustin Bono said he was shocked that something like this could happen on a U.S. military base. But he said his sister could handle the situation.

“She’s not a punk. She’s tough.”

Keara, who recently married, lives in the St. Paul area in Minnesota. Her family said she was on the phone with her husband, Joey Torkelson, when the shooting started. He heard shots, and then screams, and then the phone went dead.

Keara’s dad, Steve Bono, owner of KC Outdoor Living, described his daughter as “a buck-10 with a fiery heart.” He said she was an excellent student at Olathe South and could have gone to the University of Kansas on a scholarship.

“But she wanted to fight for her country,” he said.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/newsupdates/story/1042900.html#ixzz0WNoNsJBs

Minnesota soldier shot at Fort Hood to return to training
by Tim Nelson, Minnesota Public Radio
November 9, 2009

St. Paul, Minn. — One of the Minnesota soldiers wounded in the shooting rampage at Fort Hood will soon be back training to go to Iraq.

Keara Bono lives in Otsego, with her husband, Joe Torkelson. She's an Army reservist who serves with a unit from Topeka, Kansas. It is preparing to go to Iraq, and Bono was waiting for to be checked out for her deployment when she was shot. Torkelson said his wife is lucky to be alive.

"She got grazed on the top of the head and then she had another bullet, they don't know if it ricocheted off of something, [but] it was probably a half inch into her back," he said. "And I guess immediately other soldiers saw that she was in trouble and started applying pressure to her wounds and helping her out."

Torkelson said that she was treated, released and the Army is offering counseling to the victims of the shooting. He said that his wife expects to return to training soon, and could ship out on her unit's expected departure date on December 7th.
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/11/09/minnesota-soldier-shot-at-fort-hood-to-return-to-training/

Video:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/keara-bono-torkelson-ft-hood-shooting-nov-6-2009

Heart
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: November 09, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »

Can anyone tell me if there has been a coherent reason why there was gunfire in the two housing units and sirens going off hours after the initial shooting at the Readiness Center? 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #504 on: November 09, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/11/muslim-at-islamic-community-of-greater-killeen-texas-i-honestly-have-no-pity-for-victims-of-the-fort.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/npAvM-VWwhc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/npAvM-VWwhc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: November 09, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »

Can anyone tell me if there has been a coherent reason why there was gunfire in the two housing units and sirens going off hours after the initial shooting at the Readiness Center? 
Probably Chaos and Rumours Fanny.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: November 09, 2009, 12:29:11 PM »

Hoekstra Calls for Intel Review After Ft. Hood Attack

Monday, November 9, 2009 12:00 PM

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Rep. Pete Hoekstra, R-Mich., the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, following up on multiple conversations with the Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair, requested over the weekend that Blair and the heads of the FBI, the NSA and the CIA direct their agencies to preserve all documents and materials relevant to the Fort Hood attack and any related investigations or intelligence collection activities.

"President Obama said people should not jump to conclusions about what happened at Fort Hood, but the administration is in possession of critical information related to the attack that they are refusing to release to Congress or the American people," Hoekstra said. "I intend to push for intense review of this and other issues related to the performance of the intelligence community and whether or not information necessary for military, state and local officials to provide for the security of the post was provided to them."

Hoekstra said he was concerned that more information had been provided, piecemeal, to the news media by anonymous sources than had yet been provided to the Committee. He criticized the Obama administration for not being more immediately forthcoming with details and specifically requested information, and for restricting the limited information provided so far to the so-called "Gang of Eight."

"I have requested this information be preserved because I believe members of the full committee on a bipartisan basis will want to scrutinize the intelligence relevant to this attack, what the agencies in possession of that intelligence did with it, who was and wasn’t informed and why, and what steps America’s intelligence agencies are taking in light of what they know," Hoekstra said. "At some point, it becomes necessary for us as a nation to address the uncomfortable threat of homegrown terrorism and radicalism, and Congress has an obligation to review how federal agencies are handling and disseminating information related to the threat.

"The horrific shootings at Fort Hood are a tragic reminder of the potential deadly consequences of the threat posed by homegrown jihadism and the failure of the government to adequately respond to it."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/hoekstra_fort_hood_review/2009/11/09/283677.html

Heart
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: November 09, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/11/muslim-at-islamic-community-of-greater-killeen-texas-i-honestly-have-no-pity-for-victims-of-the-fort.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/npAvM-VWwhc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/npAvM-VWwhc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Investigators were checking into the mosque in Virginia. They would do well to check the mosque in Killeen..

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2009, 12:41:45 PM »

Probably Chaos and Rumours Fanny.

I want a better explanation.....

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: November 09, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »

Muslim Group Starts Fund for Fort Hood Victims' Families

Monday, November 09, 2009

PLAINFIELD, Ind.  —  An American Muslim group says it has established a fund to benefit the families of victims in the Fort Hood shootings.

The Islamic Society of North America announced Monday that it's collaborating with other Muslim organizations and interfaith groups to collect donations to help the families.

The attack Thursday at the Texas military base killed 13 people and injured 29 others. Authorities say the shooting was done by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army psychiatrist who is a Muslim.

A message seeking additional comment was left with a spokesman for the Plainfield, Ind.-based Islamic Society.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573285,00.html

Heart
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »

Muslim Group Starts Fund for Fort Hood Victims' Families

Monday, November 09, 2009

PLAINFIELD, Ind.  —  An American Muslim group says it has established a fund to benefit the families of victims in the Fort Hood shootings.

The Islamic Society of North America announced Monday that it's collaborating with other Muslim organizations and interfaith groups to collect donations to help the families.

The attack Thursday at the Texas military base killed 13 people and injured 29 others. Authorities say the shooting was done by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army psychiatrist who is a Muslim.

A message seeking additional comment was left with a spokesman for the Plainfield, Ind.-based Islamic Society.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573285,00.html

WHY WON'T THEY RENOUNCE WHAT HASAN DID???? WHY?

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: November 09, 2009, 01:19:46 PM »

Who should try Nidal Malik Hasan -- military or federal courts?

November 9, 2009 | 10:06 am

Specialist Braden Purrentine of the first Cavalry trains a horse in front of flags flying at half mast at the Fort Hood Army Post in Fort Hood, Texas November 7, 2009. Investigators searched on Friday for the motive behind a mass shooting at a sprawling U.S. Army base in Texas, in which an Army psychiatrist trained to treat war wounded is suspected of killing 13 people. The suspected gunman, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a Muslim born in the United States of immigrant parents, was shot four times by police, a base spokesman said.
An Army hospital spokesman said today that Nidal Malik Hasan is now conscious and able to talk.

The 39-year-old Army major and combat psychiatrist is accused of unleashing a bloody massacre Thursday when he opened fire at a processing center at Ft. Hood Army military base, killing 13 and wounding 29.

The question now: Who will prosecute him?

Tom Kenniff, a former Army JAG officer and Iraq war veteran who served in Tikrit, said Friday he thought the judge advocate general's office on Ft. Hood will have exclusive jurisdiction over this case. "It's possible he could also be charged by the Feds with committing an act of terrorism, but my guess is the Army will get first crack at him," he said in an online chat for the Washington Post.

But Sunday, Connecticut Independent Joe Lieberman said the Homeland Security Committee he chairs will investigate whether federal officials missed any red flags that Hasan had become a terrorist threat.

“We don’t know enough to say now, but there are very, very strong warning signs (Hasan) had become an Islamist extremist and, therefore, that this was a terrorist act,” Lieberman said on Fox News Sunday.

A finding of terrorism could trigger a decision by the Obama administration to take the case to federal court, and an admission that Hasan's alleged action was the first act of terrorism on American soil since Sept. 11. President Obama flies to Texas on Tuesday to participate in a memorial for the 13 victims.

Murder in either case is punishable by the death penalty, but the appeals process in the military justice system apparently tends to discourage executions. According to  the Houston Chronicle, of the  47 service members charged with murder in recent decades, 15 have received a death sentence, and none has been executed since 1961.

"We're in for a long haul," Scott Silliman, retired career JAG Air Force officer who now directs the Center on Ethics and National Security at Duke University Law School, told the paper. The Army "will not try to move the case too quickly because that might build in a problem down the road."

Meanwhile Hasan's family is asking that he be allowed to consult with a lawyer before speaking to investigators. In a statement Saturday, Eyad Hasan, the suspect's brother, said his family has “faith in our legal system and that my brother will be treated fairly.”

-- Johanna Neuman

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/11/who-should-try-nidal-malik-hasan-military-or-federal-courts.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: November 09, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »

Intelligence Officials Deny Sitting on Information About Fort Hood Shooter

Rep. Pete Hoekstra, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, announced Monday that he's asked the heads of the FBI, NSA and CIA to "preserve" all documents and material connected to the attack at Fort Hood last week that killed 13 and injured 29.

U.S. intelligence officials on Monday denied that the intelligence community "sat" on valuable information about the alleged Fort Hood shooter before last week's massacre, after one lawmaker questioned whether agencies like the CIA could have done more to warn military and government officials.

Rep. Pete Hoekstra, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, announced Monday that he's asked the heads of the FBI, NSA and CIA to "preserve" all documents and material connected to the attack. He said the administration has "critical information" that it is "refusing to release" to Congress and the public about the attack, and that lawmakers will want to "scrutinize" how intelligence officials handled information about the shooter before the attack.

"I intend to push for intense review of this and other issues related to the performance of the intelligence community and whether or not information necessary for military, state and local officials to provide for the security of the post was provided to them," the Michigan Republican said in a written statement.

Hoekstra's announcement came as ABC News reported that intelligence agencies knew for months that Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was trying to contact people associated with Al Qaeda. The report said it was unclear whether the agencies informed the Army.

But a U.S. intelligence official told Fox News it would be wrong to allege the CIA had information about Hasan contacting Al Qaeda that it did not share with the Army.

"There's no sign at this point that the CIA had collected information relevant to this case and then simply sat on it," the official said.

CIA spokeswoman Marie Hard also said in a statement that "any suggestion that the CIA refused to brief Congress is flat wrong."

Military and intelligence officials are starting to come under pressure from lawmakers in the wake of the Texas attack, which killed 13 people and wounded 29.

Sen. Joe Lieberman told "Fox News Sunday" that he will launch a congressional investigation into the attack -- including into whether there were "warning signs" that the U.S. Army should have acted upon.

The Independent Democrat, who chairs the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, said that if Hasan were showing warning signs, "The U.S. Army has to have zero tolerance. He should have been gone." He said there were "strong warning signs" that Hasan was an "Islamist extremist."

In interviews Sunday, Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey urged the public not to rush to conclusions about Hasan's motives with an investigation underway. He described reports about early warning signs as "speculation" based on anecdotes.

"I don't want to say that we missed it," he said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Hasan is now awake and speaking to medical staff at Brooke Army Medical Center. He is in critical but stable condition according to the hospital.

Fox News' Justin Fishel and Steve Centanni contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/09/intelligence-agencies-deny-sitting-information-fort-hood-shooter/

Heart
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: November 09, 2009, 01:24:08 PM »

LT GENERAL CONE JUST SAID ON FOX NEWS AT HIS BRIEFING THAT THIS WAS AN "ISOLATED INCIDENT. A VERY ISOLATED INCIDENT!"

What about the failed terrorists attacks at a NJ and Va military installation? Were these isolated too?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: November 09, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »

Posting per Fanny's request.   an angelic monkey
http://thelastcrusade.org/tag/john-allen-mohammed/
BELTWAY SNIPERS EXPOSED AS MUSLIM TERRORISTS

Posted by thelastcrusade - September 17th, 2009

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: November 09, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

Posting per Fanny's request.   an angelic monkey
http://thelastcrusade.org/tag/john-allen-mohammed/
BELTWAY SNIPERS EXPOSED AS MUSLIM TERRORISTS

Posted by thelastcrusade - September 17th, 2009

John Muhammad and Lee Malvo were sheltered by the same radical mosque that Hasan attended.
It is worth the read.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: November 09, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/199515.php

Sorry if this has already been posted if so, I will just go back to lurking because I am behind

WTF?? Muslim FBI Agent leading Ft Hood massacre investigation dismisses Islam's role?If this report is accurate, it seems we now have shariah-compliant law enforcement - no infidels are allowed to investigate Muslims in the US.

Dan Friedman noted this in a post the other day:

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow quotes the FBI agent in charge of the inquiry, Ahmed Faisal, as saying, "we are now confident that Hasan's faith played absolutely no role in his state of mind leading up to this tragedy. End of subject."
Ahmed Faisal. Any bets this guy is a Presbyterian? And he's on MSNBC conclusively dismissing any role that Islam played in the matter. Shariah-compliant law enforcement indeed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: November 09, 2009, 03:50:41 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/09/AR2009110902061.html?hpid=topnews
Fort Hood suspect alert, talking to medical personnel
Army Criminal Investgation Command, FBI waiting to question Nidal Hasan

By Philip Rucker and William Branigin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, November 9, 2009; 2:20 PM
FORT HOOD, Tex. -- Nidal Malik Hasan, the Army psychiatrist who allegedly gunned down dozens of people at Fort Hood last week before being wounded by police, is conscious and talking to medical personnel at a U.S. Army hospital in San Antonio, hospital officials said Monday.

Hasan, 39, was flown to Brooke Army Medical Center at Fort Sam Houston on Friday from a hospital in Temple, Tex., where he was taken following Thursday's shooting rampage at Fort Hood's Soldier Readiness Processing Center. The Army major, an American-born Muslim of Palestinian descent, is accused of opening fire Thursday with two handguns on soldiers preparing to deploy to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, killing 13 people and injuring 38 others before civilian police shot him four times.

"He is in stable condition, and he is conversing with the medical staff, the doctors and nurses who are assisting with his medical needs," said Maria Gallegos, a spokeswoman at Brooke Army Medical Center about 150 miles southwest of Fort Hood.

She said she could not say whether Hasan has spoken to investigators about the Fort Hood shooting. She also declined to discuss Hasan's injuries.

Another hospital spokesman said Hasan has been able to talk since he was taken off a ventilator Saturday.

Investigators from the Army's Criminal Investigation Command and the FBI have been waiting to question Hasan as they try to establish a motive for the shooting and determine whether the suspect had any assistance or instigation from anyone else.
In a news conference Monday in front of III Corps headquarters, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone, Fort Hood's commanding general, said, "I believe this was an isolated incident, a very unfortunate isolated incident."

The investigators are looking into possible links between Hasan and Anwar al-Aulaqi, an American-born Muslim prayer leader who preached at the Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Va., when Hasan was attending it in 2001. U.S. authorities say Aulaqi, who left the United States in 2002 and settled in Yemen, has become a supporter and leading promoter of al-Qaeda.

In a blog posting Monday, Aulaqi called Hasan "a hero" and a "man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people." He praised "the virtue" of the Fort Hood shooting and said the only way a Muslim could justify serving in the U.S. Army was if he intended to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."

Cone declined to discuss the investigation Monday. But in response to a question, he told reporters that Hasan, who arrived at Fort Hood in July from Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, was primarily involving in writing evaluations of patients.

"He didn't have an extensive role in counseling soldiers," Cone said.

Cone spoke as Fort Hood prepared for a memorial service Tuesday to honor those killed and wounded in the shooting, a service to be attended by President Obama, top military brass, members of the victims' families and about 3,000 spectators.
Cone said 27 soldiers who were injured in Thursday's shooting have been released from hospitals and that most of them are expected to attend the service. Fifteen soldiers remain hospitalized, eight of them in intensive care, Cone said.

He said the service -- featuring remarks by Obama, prayers, a sermon, a roll call of the names of the dead and a 21-gun salute -- is aimed at facilitating "the grieving process" for soldiers, civilians and family members at Fort Hood, especially the estimated 600 people who "somehow were directly touched by this incident."

Cone said the Army is focusing on providing counseling to those who were traumatized by the massacre and is looking for other soldiers who may be under the same sort of stress that possibly could have affected Hasan.

"We're going to take a very hard look . . . at anything that might have been done to prevent this," Cone said. "We have some other soldiers that might have some of the same stress and indicators that he had."

As he spoke, soldiers were stacking large shipping containers around the perimeter of Tuesday's memorial service site in what Cone said was a measure to provide both security and privacy.

Of the intensified security measures that have been implemented at the sprawling post since the shooting, Cone said, "Our intent is not to isolate ourselves from this great local community."

The three-star general added: "This cannot become . . . a battlefield. We Will provide the right kind of security measures on post to make sure that it doesn't."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: November 09, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »

After Obama's "shout out" speech right after the shootings, and then the next day's political speech about his healthcare bill and job loses, and by the way, he did mention the shootings at the beginning, but the crux of it was "Don't jump to conclusions", I find it insulting that he and Michelle are even showing up for the memorial tomorrow. My TV will definitely be on mute during his part of the memorial. JMO

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: November 09, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »

Hasan can now speak, but he has "lawyered up" per Fox news. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.