April 19, 2024, 10:51:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 8  (Read 418367 times)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1160 on: November 13, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »

Monkey prayers needed for my dad, who was rushed to the hospital at 1:30 this morning - possible stroke.
Prayers up, CC. Good luck to all of you. Your dad's in FL, right?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2009, 09:08:39 AM »

FDNY News
http://www.thebravest.com/fdny.htm

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: November 13, 2009, 09:11:08 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_guantanamo_us_trial
AP Source: Gitmo 9/11 suspects heading to NY trial
  By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer Devlin Barrett, Associated Press Writer   – 20 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Self-proclaimed Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other Guantanamo Bay detainees will be sent to New York to face trial in a civilian federal court, while five other suspects will be sent to military commissions, an Obama administration official said Friday.

The official said Attorney General Eric Holder plans to announce the decision later in the morning. The official is not authorized to discuss the decision before the announcement, so spoke on condition of anonymity.

Without confirming details of the decision, President Barack Obama said it was a legal and national security matter. "I am absolutely convinced that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be subjected to the most exacting demands of justice," Obama said at a joint news conference in Tokyo with Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama.

Bringing such notorious suspects to U.S. soil to face trial is a key step in Obama's plan to close the terror suspect detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Obama initially planned to close the detention center by Jan. 22, but the administration is no longer expected to meet that deadline.
It is also a major legal and political test of Obama's overall approach to terrorism. If the case suffers legal setbacks, the administration will face second-guessing from those who never wanted it in a civilian courtroom. And if lawmakers get upset about notorious terrorists being brought to their home regions, they may fight back against other parts of Obama's agenda.

The New York case may also force the court system to confront a host of difficult legal issues surrounding counter-terrorism programs begun after the 2001 attacks, including the harsh interrogation techniques once used on some of the suspects while in CIA custody. The most severe method — waterboarding, or simulated drowning — was used on Mohammed 183 times in 2003, before the practice was banned.

Holder will also announce that five other detainees, including a major suspect in the bombing of the USS Cole, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, will face justice before a military commission, the official said.

It was not immediately clear where commission-bound detainees like al-Nashiri might be sent, but a military brig in South Carolina has been high on the list of sites under consideration.

The actual transfer of the detainees from Guantanamo to New York isn't expected to happen for many more weeks because formal charges have not been filed against most of them.
The attorney general has decided the case of the five Sept. 11 suspects should be handled by prosecutors working in the Southern District of New York, which has held a number of major terrorism trials in recent decades at a courthouse in lower Manhattan, just blocks from where the World Trade Center towers tumbled on Sept. 11, 2001.

Holder had been considering other possible trial locations, including Virginia, Washington, D.C., and a different courthouse in New York City. Those districts could end up conducting trials of other Guantanamo detainees sent to federal court later on.

The attorney general's decision in these cases comes just before a Monday deadline for the government to decide how to proceed against 10 detainees facing military commissions.

In the military system, the five Sept. 11 suspects had faced the death penalty, but the official would not say if the Justice Department would also seek capital punishment against the men once they are in the federal system.

The administration has already sent one Guantanamo detainee, Ahmed Ghailani, to New York to face trial, but chose not to seek death in that case.

At the last major trial of al-Qaida suspects held at that courthouse in 2001, prosecutors did seek death for some of the defendants.

Mohammed already has an outstanding terror indictment against him in New York, for an unsuccessful plot called "Bojinka" to simultaneously take down multiple airliners over the Pacific Ocean in the 1990s.

Some members of Congress have fought any effort to bring Guantanamo Bay detainees to trial in the United States, saying it would be too dangerous for nearby civilians. The Obama administration has defended the planned trials, saying many terrorists have been safely tried, convicted, and imprisoned in the United States, including the 1993 World Trade Center bomber, Ramzi Yousef.
Mohammed and the four others — Waleed bin Attash, Ramzi Binalshibh, Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi and Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali — are accused of orchestrating the attacks that killed 2,973 people on Sept. 11, 2001.

Mohammed admitted to interrogators that he was the mastermind of the attacks — he allegedly proposed the concept to Osama bin Laden as early as 1996, obtained funding for the attacks from bin Laden, oversaw the operation and trained the hijackers in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The charges against the others are:

• Bin Attash, a Yemeni, allegedly ran an al-Qaida training camp in Logar, Afghanistan, where two of the 19 hijackers were trained. Bin Attash is believed to have been bin Laden's bodyguard. Authorities say bin Laden selected him as a hijacker, but he was prevented from participating when he was briefly detained in Yemen in early 2001.

• Binalshibh, a Yemeni, allegedly helped find flight schools for the hijackers, helped them enter the United States and assisted with financing the operation. He allegedly was selected to be a hijacker and made a "martyr video" in preparation for the operation, but was unable to get a U.S. visa. He also is believed to be a lead operative for a foiled plot to crash aircraft into London's Heathrow Airport.

• Ali allegedly helped nine of the hijackers travel to the United States and sent them $120,000 for expenses and flight training. He is believed to have served as a key lieutenant to Mohammed in Pakistan. He was born in Pakistan and raised in Kuwait.

• Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi, a Saudi, allegedly helped the hijackers with money, western clothing, traveler's checks and credit cards. Al-Hawsawi testified in the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, saying he had seen Moussaoui at an al-Qaida guesthouse in Kandahar, Afghanistan, in early 2001, but was never introduced to him or conducted operations with him.

The official said the four others headed to military commissions are:
• Omar Khadr, a Canadian who was 15 when captured after allegedly killing an American soldier during a 2002 battle in Afghanistan.

• Ahmed Mohammed al Darbi, who allegedly met with Osama bin Laden, trained at an al-Qaida terrorist camp, and plotted to blow up a ship in the Strait of Hormuz or off Yemen.

• Ibrahim Ahmed Mahmoud al Qosi, accused of acting as al-Qaida's accountant, paymaster and supply chief during the 1990s when the terror network was centered in Sudan and Afghanistan.

• Noor Uthman Muhammed, charged with being a weapons instructor and deputy commander at an al-Qaida training camp.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1163 on: November 13, 2009, 09:11:38 AM »

Monkey prayers needed for my dad, who was rushed to the hospital at 1:30 this morning - possible stroke.

Prayers for your Dad and you & your Mom this morning.   an angelic monkey  Be strong. You know you have a special place in my heart.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1164 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:34 AM »

Txs all for the prayers for papa Chuck.  Yes, in Cocoa Beach.  My mom is scheduled for knee surgery on 11/24, his b-day.  My sister is driving down from Charlotte to assist - not sure at this point my plans.  All depends on diagnosis.

Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQfERb9HVk

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1165 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »

Txs all for the prayers for papa Chuck.  Yes, in Cocoa Beach.  My mom is scheduled for knee surgery on 11/24, his b-day.  My sister is driving down from Charlotte to assist - not sure at this point my plans.  All depends on diagnosis.

Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQfERb9HVk

I am dancing CC. And I am remembering my sister dancing. And I am remembering that whole room of non-dancers dancing. And it brings back wonderful memories. Believe it or not, you will dance again too.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1166 on: November 13, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »

Prayers for your Dad and you & your Mom this morning.   an angelic monkey  Be strong. You know you have a special place in my heart.  an angelic monkey

Of course I do, happy butt.

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: November 13, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »

I know that Papa Chuck is getting the best of care. Please make sure that he is getting clot busters. They were not available when my hubby had his stroke, and they make all the difference in the world.

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1168 on: November 13, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »

I know that Papa Chuck is getting the best of care. Please make sure that he is getting clot busters. They were not available when my hubby had his stroke, and they make all the difference in the world.

My mom will keep me informed of updates throughout the day as necessary.  From what I've heard so far, he was headed to the bathroom aroun 1:00 in the morning with a severe headache and dizziness.  Paramedics called, blood pressure sky high.  Doing an MRI on his head.

Do No Evil 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1169 on: November 13, 2009, 09:43:06 AM »

CC, my thoughts and prayers are with your dad and your entire family  an angelic monkey
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1170 on: November 13, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »

CC, my thoughts and prayers are with your dad and your entire family  an angelic monkey

Txs, NRCG.  The power of Monkey prayers.

Do No Evil 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1171 on: November 13, 2009, 09:59:38 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Happy Friday.

CC I am so sorry to hear about your dad - I will say a prayer and keep you all in my thoughts.  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1172 on: November 13, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »

TRIMM, I had just heard the news on TV about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and the four others coming to NYC for a CIVIL TRIAL. CC's news took the wind right out of my sails. I am sitting here smoldering and heartbroken for what this means for all the victims and their families from 9/11.

I have tampered down my response. 9/11 made such an impact on my life from over a thousand miles away. It was a changing of who I am and how I felt about the world. I really think it was the beginning of my recent problems with struggling to even leave the house. I know I am not alone, as it effected each of us in different ways. However bad it has been for me, I know it is thousands of times worse for the victims and their families.

Never in my life would I have believed the planners of this awful act would have been brought back to NYC, just a few blocks from yet there is still a hole in the ground, to try these war criminals with a CIVIL trial, with all our rights and privileges. It will be a mockery of justice, mark my word.

This decision was made by the Attorney General of the Obama administration. It is another "in your face" from the people that were going to give us "change." We have changed alright. Next thing you know Hasan will probably get a CIVIL trial.

This is my "cleaned up" version.   

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1173 on: November 13, 2009, 10:16:40 AM »

CC I am so sorry to hear about your dad - I will say a prayer and keep you all in my thoughts.  an angelic monkey

Txs, enough prayers, let's have some fun.

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1174 on: November 13, 2009, 10:19:32 AM »

Please go to this site and sign the letter to the president.

http://www.thebravest.com/

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1175 on: November 13, 2009, 10:37:19 AM »

Txs, enough prayers, let's have some fun.

Ok what ever you like CC but you are the fun director.........let the good times roll 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1176 on: November 13, 2009, 10:37:45 AM »

On my way!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1177 on: November 13, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »

TEVYE or other Monkeys that like to watch Figure Skating

Here is the schedule for the next two weekends. I think they are EST times, so check your channel guides just in case

Fri. Nov. 13  7-8
LIVE  Skate America
 Universal
Sports 
Fri. Nov. 13  8:30-
9:30
LIVE  Skate America
 Universal
Sports 
Sat. Nov. 14  2-3
LIVE  Skate America
 Universal
Sports 
Sat. Nov. 14  4-5
LIVE  Skate America
 Universal
Sports 
Sun. Nov. 15  2-4
LIVE  Skate America (Ladies Long)
 NBC
Sun. Nov. 15  5-7 Skate America
 Universal
Sports 
Fri. Nov. 20  8-10 Skate Canada
 Universal
Sports 
Sat. Nov. 21  8-10 Skate Canada
 Universal
Sports 

This is my PSA for the day. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1178 on: November 13, 2009, 10:44:55 AM »

done

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1179 on: November 13, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »

This country has always accepted LEGAL immigrants.  Over the years, most people who came here came for the opportunities and way of life.  They struggled to learn English and to be assimilated, keeping customs and culture from their home countries, but being sure that their children grew up as Americans.  Not too long ago there were quotas for immigrants from various countries.  English speaking countries had the largest quotas, as well as those countries where the population was educated in skills especially needed here.  Then, all quotas were removed.  That was alright, too, so long as those coming here tried their best, worked hard and learned English.  I have no problem with any of that.  However, when hordes of people illegally entered the country with no intention of becoming American, but insisting they had a right to be here just because they wanted to and we must change our lives to accommodate them.  Many of them refuse to learn English, they flood our hospital emergency rooms near the Mexican border and some hospitals have had to close because they could not financially afford to treat these illegal aliens.  They are not "Undocumented Aliens."  They have broken our laws and they are here illegally. Some years ago all illegal aliens in the country were granted amnesty, and Congress put the stipulation into law that our southern border would be guarded and no further amnesty would be forthcoming.  So, all of those people got amnesty and our government did nothing to close the border to illegal entry and even criminally prosecute border guards who tried to do what they were sworn to do, protect the border.  I recently read that President Obama plans another amnesty give away soon and all of these people who do not wish to assume our identity and culture, even refusing to learn English or working will become citizens and enter our "Entitlement" programs.  They are put on the dole in CA and we, the taxpayers, support these people who are breaking the law merely by being here.  Local police, even if they are inclined to do so, are forbidden to determine immigration status and even in areas where this is done, the Federal authorities refuse to accept custody of the lawbreakers so there is no choice but to release them to continue breaking our laws.

Snipped from Babybear's post.......................Good post Babybear

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.