April 20, 2024, 01:33:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 8  (Read 418374 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1660 on: November 17, 2009, 12:14:54 PM »

CC here!   

I think he has duct tape over his mouth. 

Maybe he is trying to stay out of trouble.........or maybe he is photoshopping  the A's againg.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1661 on: November 17, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »

Over the top birdhouse

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zA1Go-f1kZc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/zA1Go-f1kZc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1662 on: November 17, 2009, 12:16:17 PM »

So do I.  They make me smile when I look at them.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1663 on: November 17, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »

Artist assistants stand next to 3,604 cups of coffee which have been made into a giant Mona Lisa in Sydney, Australia.

The 20 foot high by 13 foot wide replica of the painting was created with 3,604 cups of coffee and 564 pints of milk. Artist assistants stand next to 3,604 cups of coffee which have been made into a giant Mona Lisa in Sydney , Australia. The 3,604 cups of coffee were each filled with different amounts of milk to create the different shades. Each cup of coffee was used as one pixel in the image and had varying amounts of milk in it to give it a different shade, from white to black and it took 8 people 3 hours to create it. This is an amazing portrayal of the Mona Lisa and amazing art made from non-traditional mediums.

http://www.crazyjunkyard.com/tag/amazing-art/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1664 on: November 17, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »

Waiting for CC to type something.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1665 on: November 17, 2009, 12:25:23 PM »

I think I am mostly dreading time away from the monkeys. I thought about asking for a laptop, since we fought over my mom's in DC  . Plus if worse comes to worse, I can try and look at Monkeys on my blackberry.

She is having surgery at my hospital so I can go back and forth like I did with my stepmom.

I did find out that there are beer stores where we are going, so maybe I have a glimmer of hopeMonkey Devil!
Well, there ya go! You're all set. And pond skating rules!! I think maybe you're afraid of the cold? Remember, outside skating puts roses in your cheeks and raspberries on your butt! It's way more fun than rink skating, what with all the little cracks and bumps and kids playing crack-the-whip!
I am afraid of the cold, crack and bumps?  that scares me I may fall through and drown. 
I'm with Tevye, playing crack the whip and having fun on the ice outside. You will enjoy JSM. Prayers are with your mom  an angelic monkey
Thanks No Rose. I just have a feeling I will fall through the ice like George Bailey's brother on It's a Wonderful Life. 

I think if you are going to a resort and they have an outdoor place for you to skate, they will make sure it is safe and you won't fall through. Have you looked at the resort link? Surely you are not the only skater that goes to Colorado.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1666 on: November 17, 2009, 12:26:20 PM »

stuffing dilema solved
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1667 on: November 17, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »

Night Monkeys. I pray for Shaniyah and that her killer is brought to justice.

I am very very tired and worried about my Mom's surgery Wednesday. She will be fine, but I still worry.

Thanksgiving is coming and then Christmas and then I have to go on vacation. I always have an overwhelming sense of doom when I go away.

Why the doom?  I will take your vacation if you don't want it. 
12 hour car ride with my family. 

Better load up the Ipod and get an audio book and put on your headphones 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1668 on: November 17, 2009, 12:32:13 PM »

CC come out come out where ever you are.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1669 on: November 17, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »

What's wrong with 'meep'? It's all in how you say it

By Ethan Forman
Staff writer

DANVERS — It's no surprise that using bad language in school can get you into hot water. But "meep"?

Danvers High parents recently got an automated call from the principal warning them that if students say or display the word "meep" at school, they could face suspension.

Meep doesn't mean much, unless you are Beaker — the hapless, orange-haired assistant to Dr. Bunsen Honeydew on "The Muppet Show."

While meep may be nonsense, what it represented was no laughing matter to the high school's administration. High school Principal Thomas Murray said students were using it and other words to disrupt school in a particular part of the building on Cabot Road. The term later became part of a disruption some students were planning online.

"It's really not about the word in particular," Murray said. "The reason for the message (was) a group of students were instructed to refrain from that language and other language in a particular part of the building."

Murray gave students "a reasonable request" not to use the word to disrupt school in a hallway, and to stop other behaviors, but they did not listen, Murray said.

"Students were not going along with the direction or refraining from a particular type of language," he said.

Murray did not elaborate on how the students were acting out. But he did say the phone call home was an attempt to head off a disruption being planned on the social networking Web site Facebook.

The disruption never happened, and Murray credited students for heeding his warning.

Murray said the school must react when online activity crosses paths with the school day. To that end, some students — Murray did not say how many — were suspended, but there were additional factors involved in their suspension unrelated to simply saying "meep."

"There were multiple reasons why students have been disciplined," Murray said.

And, he said, the matter was not about banning meep at Danvers High.

"It has nothing to do with the word," Murray said. "It has to do with the conduct of the students. We wouldn't just ban a word just to ban a word."

Murray said he called parents via the automated message phone system warning students not to use the term because "it would be seen as going against the request of the administration and cause a disruption to the school day."

Murray said students were not using the term to harass another student or a teacher.

"It's really about language and conduct," Murray said. "For me, it boils down to respectful conduct."

It's unclear what meaning "meep" has, other than it is a popular thing for kids to say when they are at a loss for something to say, according to various Web sites.

A group on Facebook called Meep has 370 members, for instance, and lists three Danvers High students as members. The category heading is: "Just for Fun — Totally Random," and it involves people just typing the word "meep" in various ways and expressing their fondness for the word.

Entries for the word "meep" in the online Urban Dictionary include "ouch," "uh-oh," a substitution for a swear word, a greeting, an exclamation or "a random expression of happiness used to fill gaps in conversation."

Some Danvers High students said yesterday they were not sure what "meep" means.

"No one really knows," said sophomore Melanie Crane, who said some freshmen used the term, but she has not heard the term used herself.

Other students outside Danvers High who declined to give their names said they got the phone message from Murray saying they risked suspension if they uttered the word.

They said the term is meaningless, comes from the Muppet Beaker or is a sound Japanese anime characters make. One student said nearly all the students think the whole thing is ridiculous.

Murray said the matter should be a wake-up call to parents about how kids are using social networking sites.

"I'm not sure parents are aware of what students are getting into on the Facebook sites," Murray said.

In the near future, Murray is planning a student-and-parent forum on the pitfalls of Facebook.

http://www.school-survival.net/blog/p/whats-wrong-with-meep-its-all-in-how-you-say-it/1504
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1670 on: November 17, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »

CC said to tell everyone HI! and THANKS! For some reason, he can now log on, he just cannot post.   

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1671 on: November 17, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »

an angelic monkey
Northern Rose, sometimes your pics are so beautiful they make me want to cry. I think that might be cos I want to be IN the pictures, way out west in the mountains. Alaska west, to be specific. Thank you SO much for posting them. I look at them as therapy.  an angelic monkey

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1672 on: November 17, 2009, 12:40:22 PM »

They make me think of Norbert in your freezer.     

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1673 on: November 17, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »

One thing I learned from my country relatives is never name an animal you plan to eat. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1674 on: November 17, 2009, 12:48:01 PM »

I think I am mostly dreading time away from the monkeys. I thought about asking for a laptop, since we fought over my mom's in DC  . Plus if worse comes to worse, I can try and look at Monkeys on my blackberry.

She is having surgery at my hospital so I can go back and forth like I did with my stepmom.

I did find out that there are beer stores where we are going, so maybe I have a glimmer of hopeMonkey Devil!
Well, there ya go! You're all set. And pond skating rules!! I think maybe you're afraid of the cold? Remember, outside skating puts roses in your cheeks and raspberries on your butt! It's way more fun than rink skating, what with all the little cracks and bumps and kids playing crack-the-whip!
I am afraid of the cold, crack and bumps?  that scares me I may fall through and drown. 
I'm with Tevye, playing crack the whip and having fun on the ice outside. You will enjoy JSM. Prayers are with your mom  an angelic monkey
Thanks No Rose. I just have a feeling I will fall through the ice like George Bailey's brother on It's a Wonderful Life. 

I think if you are going to a resort and they have an outdoor place for you to skate, they will make sure it is safe and you won't fall through. Have you looked at the resort link? Surely you are not the only skater that goes to Colorado.
I have looked and they say that the river freezes and you can skate on it. That's all I have found. I don't think this place is a "resort", because the ski lifts are miles away from where we are staying.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1675 on: November 17, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »

Night Monkeys. I pray for Shaniyah and that her killer is brought to justice.

I am very very tired and worried about my Mom's surgery Wednesday. She will be fine, but I still worry.

Thanksgiving is coming and then Christmas and then I have to go on vacation. I always have an overwhelming sense of doom when I go away.

Why the doom?  I will take your vacation if you don't want it. 
12 hour car ride with my family. 

Better load up the Ipod and get an audio book and put on your headphones 
Luckily I don't get seasick when I read in the car and I have been hoarding my xanax for this trip. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1676 on: November 17, 2009, 12:52:49 PM »

One thing I learned from my country relatives is never name an animal you plan to eat. 
That's why I buy it prepackaged so I don't have to see their pretty eyes.

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1677 on: November 17, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »

What's wrong with 'meep'? It's all in how you say it

By Ethan Forman
Staff writer

DANVERS — It's no surprise that using bad language in school can get you into hot water. But "meep"?

Danvers High parents recently got an automated call from the principal warning them that if students say or display the word "meep" at school, they could face suspension.

Meep doesn't mean much, unless you are Beaker — the hapless, orange-haired assistant to Dr. Bunsen Honeydew on "The Muppet Show."

While meep may be nonsense, what it represented was no laughing matter to the high school's administration. High school Principal Thomas Murray said students were using it and other words to disrupt school in a particular part of the building on Cabot Road. The term later became part of a disruption some students were planning online.

"It's really not about the word in particular," Murray said. "The reason for the message (was) a group of students were instructed to refrain from that language and other language in a particular part of the building."

Murray gave students "a reasonable request" not to use the word to disrupt school in a hallway, and to stop other behaviors, but they did not listen, Murray said.

"Students were not going along with the direction or refraining from a particular type of language," he said.

Murray did not elaborate on how the students were acting out. But he did say the phone call home was an attempt to head off a disruption being planned on the social networking Web site Facebook.

The disruption never happened, and Murray credited students for heeding his warning.

Murray said the school must react when online activity crosses paths with the school day. To that end, some students — Murray did not say how many — were suspended, but there were additional factors involved in their suspension unrelated to simply saying "meep."

"There were multiple reasons why students have been disciplined," Murray said.

And, he said, the matter was not about banning meep at Danvers High.

"It has nothing to do with the word," Murray said. "It has to do with the conduct of the students. We wouldn't just ban a word just to ban a word."

Murray said he called parents via the automated message phone system warning students not to use the term because "it would be seen as going against the request of the administration and cause a disruption to the school day."

Murray said students were not using the term to harass another student or a teacher.

"It's really about language and conduct," Murray said. "For me, it boils down to respectful conduct."

It's unclear what meaning "meep" has, other than it is a popular thing for kids to say when they are at a loss for something to say, according to various Web sites.

A group on Facebook called Meep has 370 members, for instance, and lists three Danvers High students as members. The category heading is: "Just for Fun — Totally Random," and it involves people just typing the word "meep" in various ways and expressing their fondness for the word.

Entries for the word "meep" in the online Urban Dictionary include "ouch," "uh-oh," a substitution for a swear word, a greeting, an exclamation or "a random expression of happiness used to fill gaps in conversation."

Some Danvers High students said yesterday they were not sure what "meep" means.

"No one really knows," said sophomore Melanie Crane, who said some freshmen used the term, but she has not heard the term used herself.

Other students outside Danvers High who declined to give their names said they got the phone message from Murray saying they risked suspension if they uttered the word.

They said the term is meaningless, comes from the Muppet Beaker or is a sound Japanese anime characters make. One student said nearly all the students think the whole thing is ridiculous.

Murray said the matter should be a wake-up call to parents about how kids are using social networking sites.

"I'm not sure parents are aware of what students are getting into on the Facebook sites," Murray said.

In the near future, Murray is planning a student-and-parent forum on the pitfalls of Facebook.

http://www.school-survival.net/blog/p/whats-wrong-with-meep-its-all-in-how-you-say-it/1504

What the frak???? Seriously? These admin don't have anything better to do? Sounds more like a problem at the top than a student problem. Perhaps it's a social experiment? Whatever, it's stupid! Meep Meep!!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1678 on: November 17, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »

I think this will brighten our day - it sure did mine  an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EYAUazLI9k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7EYAUazLI9k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1679 on: November 17, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »

MEEP...MEEP....MEEP!!! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.