March 29, 2024, 05:29:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 8  (Read 417012 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2240 on: November 22, 2009, 10:31:34 PM »

JSM I'm glad your headache is better, sometimes it is so hard to get rid of, mine are usually sinus headaches, but irritating. Trimm be careful, my daughter is putting the hooks on some of the ornaments for a little tree upstairs, this is the first time I ever put a tree up this early, but I figured why not, I love to look at the lights. I put garland on the stair railings last year, thought it looked pretty, didn't realize that one of the family would use the rail, which I never do, and pulled it all down, so I won't waste my time on that this year 
I think it was more stress than sinus, but I did take a bit of cough medicine and it cleared up my stuffed up head. I think it is great y'all are all putting up your decorations so early. Since I won't be hear for Christmas  I won't have a tree, but will put lights outside on the off chance I could win a prize. Most others have put out their lights a strand or two, but JSM is a Griswold and will blind them by the lights.  Monkey Devil!
The association does that here, and the prize winners are still waiting for their money from last year's competition 
  Monkey Devil! They should take it out of their association dues. I won the year before last, but last year it was even better. I guess they give extra points for big blow up Polar bears that take up half the balcony and mismatched colors. I always have a color scheme, blue, green and icicle lights with twinkling stars on the walls of the balcony. Oh well, it is fun decorating and if I don't win, to heck with them. It makes me happy I don't have to put up a tree. 

Hi JSM.  Glad you're better.  By a strange coincidence, my sister-in-law in Augusta is a massage therapist.  She puts rocks or something like that down your back.  I don't know, something like that.

Just yesterday I passed a house which had one of those big blow-up things on their lawn which had deflated and was just a big plastic glob on the ground.  I hate those things, but to each his own.

I think it was No Rose who has trouble with her HOA.  Here's the story about  mine.  We had an association but we only met maybe once every ten years or so.  This is Tennessee, the rules are different here.  We just more or less live and let live.   So some busy-bodies decided that we had to meet to stop some neighbors from selling some lots they own.  They are big lots, about two acres each and will go for about $250,000 so nobody will put a shack on them.  Anyway, we vote according to the number of lots we have.  I only have one five acre lot, but some of my neighbors have 10 and 12 lots.  To make a long story short, when a vote was taken to sue the people who wanted to sell their lots, they and one other neighbor and the rest were tied.  I held the remaining deciding vote, which of course I voted against this silly thing which was going to cost a lot of money and we would get countersued.  It was clear when I learned that the law firm my neighbors who wanted to sue had hired was the firm where their two lawyer sons work.  Not too subtle, if you ask me.  Needless to say, now some of my neighbors love me and some not so much.

So the people who want to sell their lots are now putting in a road to have access to them.  They are going to name the road after my neighbor who died last month and who opposed suing.  I think that's so nice.  I take his widow by there once in a while so she can see the progress on the road named for her husband. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2241 on: November 22, 2009, 10:40:15 PM »

Nite monkeys. I gotta get up early tomorrow. See you monks in the AM. Prayers for you all.

JSM and Josef.
Good night JSM and Josef  an angelic monkey  Northern Rose, we have a neighbor with two small yappy dogs, and she feels it isn't necessary to put them on a leash, and a couple times they came after Zoe, and the woman looks at me like my dog is causing trouble, even though my dog never goes without a leash. Some people don't get it about leashes especially in an area like where I live, taking a chance of the dog getting run over, it is frustrating.

I am still furious because if Riley would have hurt the other dog I would have felt bad and yet the owned did not give a carp even after the first encounter where it became airborne.

JSM sleep well.  Prayers going out to you   an angelic monkey
I understand, you would feel bad about Riley hurting another dog, but the owners are just lucky the dog went airborne. I don't know the rules up there, but if your dog is on a lead, the other one is not you are not responsible. I would feel responsible, but it would irritate the H*ll that with the first encounter, they did nothing about it. 

A few year back the National Park Service put some grey wolves in an area of the park known as Cades Cove.  It's an area of early settler homes still standing, vacant, although owned and maintained by the NPS.  However, the grey wolves have multiplied until they have been seen in my neighborhood, about 15 miles away.  So when I take Charlie out late at night I take my car keys with the panic button hoping the horn will startle them enough for Charlie and me to get back in the house.  I also carry a big stick.  Charlie is never off his leash outside.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2242 on: November 23, 2009, 07:10:17 AM »

Come Monday - Jimmy Buffett
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhiTsLr29XA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/hhiTsLr29XA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2243 on: November 23, 2009, 07:13:56 AM »

Jimmy Buffett - Bama Breeze     
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vfhNKK7rkhw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vfhNKK7rkhw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #2244 on: November 23, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »

Happy Monday, Monks!

I sure enjoyed reading of all your Griswold-esque adventures this weekend! As for me and my house, the decorating process goes on until Christmas. The tree is up, upstairs (fake). The real tree will go downstairs and wait until after Thanksgiving. The antique Santa mug collection (Howard Holt, Blinking Santa) is up. Most of the old Gurley candles are up. In short, my living room looks like Christmas threw up in there! 

We have to wait to put the manger up, as that requires a grandchild to help. The grandson has to take Baby Jesus out for a spin in a dump truck, Hummer, or whatever wheeled vehicle the GS prefers. It's a tradition. All the while, we're talking about Jesus and God and that stuff. It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

Have a great Monday!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2245 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »

Good morning, hope everyone had a nice weekend. Trimm, Come Monday, is my all time favorite Jimmy Buffett song, I'm going to listen to it after my daughter goes to work  Tevye hope you are doing good  an angelic monkey There was always a big manager scene in the downtown little park, and my parents would take me to see it, I would cry that the baby Jesus was cold, and would always ask my mom to take me home to get a blanket to cover him   
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2246 on: November 23, 2009, 10:07:32 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  I hope everyone had a good weekend I have to catch up.  I put the tree up and decorated the house - lots of work, my arms, legs and azz are sore but it is all so worth it - I sit and stare at all the pretty lights and decor.  I have my family coming for Thanksgiving and even managed to get the house all cleaned and ready so needless to say I was happy to come to work today so I can rest. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2247 on: November 23, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  I hope everyone had a good weekend I have to catch up.  I put the tree up and decorated the house - lots of work, my arms, legs and azz are sore but it is all so worth it - I sit and stare at all the pretty lights and decor.  I have my family coming for Thanksgiving and even managed to get the house all cleaned and ready so needless to say I was happy to come to work today so I can rest. 
    Lot of work you did, I'm sure your family will appreciate all you did. I have to finish decorating the upstairs tree, and then the rest will be done on Friday. It's bad when you have to go to work to rest, I use to feel that way when I would go to work sometimes.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2248 on: November 23, 2009, 10:18:48 AM »

Lot of work you did, I'm sure your family will appreciate all you did. I have to finish decorating the upstairs tree, and then the rest will be done on Friday. It's bad when you have to go to work to rest, I use to feel that way when I would go to work sometimes.

Mornin NoRose I have been thinking about you and wondering how your dad is doing back in Wisconsin. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2249 on: November 23, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »

Mission, thank-you, I just talked to him and he is doing very good  an angelic monkey
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2250 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:46 AM »

Mission, thank-you, I just talked to him and he is doing very good  an angelic monkey

I'm so glad to hear that NoRose, that helps that you don't have to worry about him so much if he is doing good  an angelic monkey

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2251 on: November 23, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »

Come Monday - Jimmy Buffett
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhiTsLr29XA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/hhiTsLr29XA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1</a>
  I love that song, when I saw him he did the best version of Brown Eyed Girl that I have ever heard. Van Morrison is great, but Jimmy's version in concert of that song is stunning.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2252 on: November 23, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »

Good Morning Parrot Heads!! Amazing to find out who and how many are in the world. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2253 on: November 23, 2009, 11:13:52 AM »

Good Morning Parrot Heads!! Amazing to find out who and how many are in the world. 

Good Morning Fanny!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2254 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:55 AM »

Happy Monday, Monks!

I sure enjoyed reading of all your Griswold-esque adventures this weekend! As for me and my house, the decorating process goes on until Christmas. The tree is up, upstairs (fake). The real tree will go downstairs and wait until after Thanksgiving. The antique Santa mug collection (Howard Holt, Blinking Santa) is up. Most of the old Gurley candles are up. In short, my living room looks like Christmas threw up in there! 

We have to wait to put the manger up, as that requires a grandchild to help. The grandson has to take Baby Jesus out for a spin in a dump truck, Hummer, or whatever wheeled vehicle the GS prefers. It's a tradition. All the while, we're talking about Jesus and God and that stuff. It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

Have a great Monday!

Good to see you on and if anyone is going to throw up in your living room best it is Christmas  I think we ought to name Trimm...........Holly "Trimm" Griswold. 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2255 on: November 23, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2256 on: November 23, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »

Battle of the Blades Final show - Opening

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmhR7agjquM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RmhR7agjquM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
      God Bless you Northern I will watch these in the morning.

PS. I am glad Joannie Rochette won Skate Canada. She has been my all time favorite for years!! Going to be for real not. JSM

Have a box of Kleenex handy for the clip of Barb Underhill & Paul Martini & Ron Duguay.  Barb's daughter sings the song from mid ice.  It was the song that was sang for the final time that Barb and Paul skated before retirement.  The daughter was 5 at the time.  Her twin sister died shortly after. 
That was beautiful. I cried. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2257 on: November 23, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »

I have another neighbor who has a bull terrior who is just not friendly, period. One day she didn't see me coming with Zoe, and when she took his leash off, he darted towards us, they got into a fight, but we were able to stop it quickly. I went over later to make sure Jack was okay, because even though Zoe was on a leash, I would have felt terrible if she hurt him. She was thankful that I wasn't going to cause trouble for her, and I said I would never do that, it was an accident. But some people around here just don't get it without leashes, JSM we have a leash law also, but that doesn't seem to matter.
I would be so sad if Josef ever harmed another dog, but that is why he is on his leash. We have a Mastiff in our apartments that is an angel, but they leave it off the leash and if Josef wasn't on a lead, he would charge after the dog, same as the one across the hall from me. God love him, he is plain evil and he now has to be on a leash so he doesn't hurt any other dog.

I used to let him off the leash in the middle of the night, until he made a feral cat do a back flip two stories down  . That is when I decided he has to be on a leash no matter what time of night.
I can't ever leave Zoe off a leash, I wouldn't know where she would end up. She doesn't behave, and you could call her name and she wouldn't come. She got out of the yard two times because my daughter didn't shut the gate, and it was hell getting her, she thought we were playing a game and everytime we would get closer she would run and turn around and taunt us. I was so afraid she was going to get run over. And if she saw a cat forget it.
That is what Josef would do if he were off the leash. I am afraid he is going to get run over on the leash the way people drive in my complex.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2258 on: November 23, 2009, 12:30:46 PM »

Nite monkeys. I gotta get up early tomorrow. See you monks in the AM. Prayers for you all.

JSM and Josef.
Good night JSM and Josef  an angelic monkey  Northern Rose, we have a neighbor with two small yappy dogs, and she feels it isn't necessary to put them on a leash, and a couple times they came after Zoe, and the woman looks at me like my dog is causing trouble, even though my dog never goes without a leash. Some people don't get it about leashes especially in an area like where I live, taking a chance of the dog getting run over, it is frustrating.

I am still furious because if Riley would have hurt the other dog I would have felt bad and yet the owned did not give a carp even after the first encounter where it became airborne.

JSM sleep well.  Prayers going out to you   an angelic monkey
I understand, you would feel bad about Riley hurting another dog, but the owners are just lucky the dog went airborne. I don't know the rules up there, but if your dog is on a lead, the other one is not you are not responsible. I would feel responsible, but it would irritate the H*ll that with the first encounter, they did nothing about it. 

A few year back the National Park Service put some grey wolves in an area of the park known as Cades Cove.  It's an area of early settler homes still standing, vacant, although owned and maintained by the NPS.  However, the grey wolves have multiplied until they have been seen in my neighborhood, about 15 miles away.  So when I take Charlie out late at night I take my car keys with the panic button hoping the horn will startle them enough for Charlie and me to get back in the house.  I also carry a big stick.  Charlie is never off his leash outside.
  YIKES wolves scare me.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2259 on: November 23, 2009, 12:39:09 PM »

Happy Monday, Monks!

Have a great Monday!
Hiya Tevye. That sounds beautiful. Like a Christmas wonderland. I like the part where Baby Jesus goes for a ride in a Hummer. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.