April 25, 2024, 06:38:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 8  (Read 418703 times)
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: November 10, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »

Hello guys, Please pardon the intrusion in your thread. I was looking to see if there had been a link posted to watch the memorial. I missed it live, and would really like to see it. Anyone found one yet?

Also, thought you'd be interested in this. Remember Lisa Nowak? She was sentenced today. I thought she should have really gotten some jail time!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573623,00.html?test=latestnews
GIZ! Why would you think you are intruding? You used to post here all the time and we have missed you.  an angelic monkey How are you doing?

I saw where Lisa Nowak was sentenced and she got a slap. They should have let the other woman use pepper spray on her! Hold her down and give her a big snootful.

I don't know where to find the memorial, but I am sure it is somewhere.

Aww, how sweet for you to say that Fanny! I am good, thanks for asking! I lurk mostly cause you guys are just too funny not to!

I really thought she would have been charged with something more serious, and she would have deserved it! This is an example of why people do what they do, because they aren't punished the way they should be! 

I'll check later for the memorial. I'm sure it will show up sooner or later! Got busy doin stuff, and I should be busy doin stuff right now, sigh...

If you find the memorial, be sure to have a big box of tissues with you. 

I can only imagine!  an angelic monkey

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #681 on: November 10, 2009, 05:15:05 PM »

Walking back to the waiting room. BBL.

Let us know what is happening JSM  an angelic monkey
Sorry just got back from seeing her in ICU. She is sore, and everything went well. She had a 90% stenosis, which was bigger than they thought it was.

I asked last night and you may not have seen, but did she have the surgery where they open the artery, or did she have the balloon procedure? Not trying to be personal, but my hubby is close to needing it and I am terrified.
Where they open the artery and peel the plaque out is the way it was described to me. Sorry I didn't see it last night or I would have posted then.  She seems fine, just can't move her neck. I'm not sure about the baloon procedure as I am not smart in these kind of procedures.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #682 on: November 10, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »

BBL Monkeys.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #683 on: November 10, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »

Hello guys, Please pardon the intrusion in your thread. I was looking to see if there had been a link posted to watch the memorial. I missed it live, and would really like to see it. Anyone found one yet?

Also, thought you'd be interested in this. Remember Lisa Nowak? She was sentenced today. I thought she should have really gotten some jail time!

I take it she took the plea deal, because the trial was to start in Dec? If that is what happened, I'm glad she took the deal.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: November 10, 2009, 05:18:42 PM »

Sorry just got back from seeing her in ICU. She is sore, and everything went well. She had a 90% stenosis, which was bigger than they thought it was.
Very glad to hear that JSM  an angelic monkey I'm sure she will be sore for awhile, how long does she have to stay in the hospital?
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: November 10, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

I asked last night and you may not have seen, but did she have the surgery where they open the artery, or did she have the balloon procedure? Not trying to be personal, but my hubby is close to needing it and I am terrified.

Sorry to butt in but is this reguarding pulmonary stinosis?? if so Fanny, my lil sister had the balloon surgery twice.

Worked great the second time and she is soooooooooooo much better
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: November 10, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »

I just got an e-mail from NORTHERN ROSE. Things are bad, and she needs our prayers.  an angelic monkey

Her hubby is sick, and probably has H1N1. He and oldest son went to hospital, and they are keeping her son in hospital as his breathing isn't good. She can't visit because they have been exposed to H1N1. Her other son who was sick with a collapsed lung, is better, and back at work. Her younger son is better, not as much fever. Now NORTHERN is running fever again.  Pray for them all.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: November 10, 2009, 05:22:20 PM »

Hi all.  I have not read back yet but thank you all for the prayers.  A quick update.  Oldest son came over last night as I thought he would. Sicker than a dog.  Hubby also broke out in a high (104.2) fever last night.  I sent then both to the emergency dept as oldest had open heart surgery when he was 15 and he had passed out twice since Sunday which he never told me about until last night.  Dr told hubby he was 99% sure he had H1N1 but would not know for sure without a culture. They are keeping oldest son in hospital as his heart rate is irregular and they want him monitored. We are not allowed in the cardiac unit due to all of us either having or being exposed to H1N1.

Youngest still has a fever, but mild compared to where he was, I have been successful at keepig his fever under 102 for a full day now   

Second oldest who had the collapsed lung went to work again today and he has another xray scheduled Friday to see where his lung is at.

I feel like I am going to drop as it has been one thing after another with each of the kids and now hubby.  I am stressed beyond my max right now and my fever is back today as well.

JSM so glad you liked Battle of the Blades.  It is going to be a good one next week.
Prayers go out to your step mom and your family.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: November 10, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »

I take it she took the plea deal, because the trial was to start in Dec? If that is what happened, I'm glad she took the deal.

Why?? She was sentenced to two days, time served. How fair is that???

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: November 10, 2009, 05:28:41 PM »

Sorry to butt in but is this reguarding pulmonary stinosis?? if so Fanny, my lil sister had the balloon surgery twice.

No, it is Carotid blockage. He has had a stroke, and one side is completely blocked. They have been monitoring his "good" side, and it is getting close. The surgery can cause another stroke. He was in rehab with many people that went in to have their artery cleared, and then they had a stroke from loose plaque. The surgery hasn't changed much since that time, and the odds are about the same. They had a new balloon proceedure but there haven't been enough statistics to make us change our mind. We are more interested in quality of life, than quanity of life. So there is the conundrum. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: November 10, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »

Hi all.  I have not read back yet but thank you all for the prayers.  A quick update.  Oldest son came over last night as I thought he would. Sicker than a dog.  Hubby also broke out in a high (104.2) fever last night.  I sent then both to the emergency dept as oldest had open heart surgery when he was 15 and he had passed out twice since Sunday which he never told me about until last night.  Dr told hubby he was 99% sure he had H1N1 but would not know for sure without a culture. They are keeping oldest son in hospital as his heart rate is irregular and they want him monitored. We are not allowed in the cardiac unit due to all of us either having or being exposed to H1N1.

Youngest still has a fever, but mild compared to where he was, I have been successful at keepig his fever under 102 for a full day now   

Second oldest who had the collapsed lung went to work again today and he has another xray scheduled Friday to see where his lung is at.

I feel like I am going to drop as it has been one thing after another with each of the kids and now hubby.  I am stressed beyond my max right now and my fever is back today as well.

JSM so glad you liked Battle of the Blades.  It is going to be a good one next week.
   an angelic monkey My prayers are with you and your entire family. Do you have anyone that can come and help you, so you don't collapse from exhaustion?
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: November 10, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »

Why?? She was sentenced to two days, time served. How fair is that???

Hi Fanny Mae.  I agree with you.  That nut stalked the victim across the country, had a whole torture and murder kit with her and sprayed her with pepper spray.  What would she have had to have done to get some jail time?  I don't care if she is an astronaut or not.  In fact, that should hold her to a higher standard.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: November 10, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »

I just got an e-mail from NORTHERN ROSE. Things are bad, and she needs our prayers.  an angelic monkey

Her hubby is sick, and probably has H1N1. He and oldest son went to hospital, and they are keeping her son in hospital as his breathing isn't good. She can't visit because they have been exposed to H1N1. Her other son who was sick with a collapsed lung, is better, and back at work. Her younger son is better, not as much fever. Now NORTHERN is running fever again.  Pray for them all.  an angelic monkey

Thank you for posting the update  an angelic monkey  Not sure when I will get a chance to stay longer. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: November 10, 2009, 05:35:25 PM »

Astronaut To Enter Plea In Love Triangle Case
Posted: 1:30 pm EST November 9, 2009
Updated: 9:12 am EST November 10, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Lisa Nowak case heads back to court at 1:30pm Tuesday, where she will enter a plea in connection to her attempted kidnapping charge. Eyewitness News confirmed Monday that she will plead guilty to one felony charge and one misdemeanor charge.

Nowak is pleading to the judge, which means they couldn’t come to a full agreement with prosecutors in plea negotiations. As a result, she is expected to be sentenced Tuesday by the judge.

Nowak is accused of trying to kidnap romantic rival Colleen Shipman at Orlando International Airport in 2007.

Shipman is expected to attend the hearing.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: November 10, 2009, 05:36:29 PM »

an angelic monkey My prayers are with you and your entire family. Do you have anyone that can come and help you, so you don't collapse from exhaustion?

With H1N1 in the house I don't dislike anyone enought to ask them to come on in to ground zero.  I have a neighbour looking after my Mom for me right now which is a huge relief to me as I don't want her to be exposed to this.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: November 10, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »

an angelic monkey

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: November 10, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »

No, it is Carotid blockage. He has had a stroke, and one side is completely blocked. They have been monitoring his "good" side, and it is getting close. The surgery can cause another stroke. He was in rehab with many people that went in to have their artery cleared, and then they had a stroke from loose plaque. The surgery hasn't changed much since that time, and the odds are about the same. They had a new balloon proceedure but there haven't been enough statistics to make us change our mind. We are more interested in quality of life, than quanity of life. So there is the conundrum. 

I see i see, sorry to be off subject. my sister had a procedure with the balloon, where they enter thru her inner thigh and on the other side the insert a camera in her inner thigh, both float up to the vein in her heart that would not open and close properly therefore blood swirrled around instead of passing thru she in turn did not get enough oxygen.

She would get exausted way too quick and her lips would turn blue, she would just fall asleep on the sidewalk or where ever we were playing.

she had the balloon surgery at a couple yrs old i believe, IIRC it was a new procedure and they f'ed it up the balloon popped and the just pull it out and it caught on the valve below the one they were trying to fix and ripped a hole in it.

She had the surgery redone a few yrs back now for the second time, worked perfectly, she was able to be a cheer leader and do dance team she is not suffering those symptoms anymore and the other valve has healed its self almost all the way.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: November 10, 2009, 05:43:47 PM »

With H1N1 in the house I don't dislike anyone enought to ask them to come on in to ground zero.  I have a neighbour looking after my Mom for me right now which is a huge relief to me as I don't want her to be exposed to this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you 

On the other hand if you have any friends or neighbors who have already had the H1N1 to help you, they cannot re-get the virus. dont know if anyone qualifies, just know from havin it already that you cannot get it again unless seasons or yrs from now a new strand of it goes around.

Hope all get better soon. miss ya and take care   an angelic monkey
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »

Oh goodness Northern Rose you are going thru alot - please please take care of yourself - this H1N1 is not good stuff.  I will say lots of prayers for your son and the entire family for that matter but please be sure to get some rest.  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2009, 05:49:06 PM »

I am bumping this from the Ft Hood thread, because I think it is so important. It was posted by HEART. an angelic monkey

The Military Wire
ArmyNavyAir ForceMarinesMarine CorpsNational GuardSeattle

Army Wife Responds to Fort Hood

Last week's shooting at Fort Hood was one of the worst shooting sprees on a military installation. It has had a tremendous impact on those serving, both in the trenches and at the home front.

The following letter is from an Army wife who's husband is on his third deployment. This is her call to action. Please note, this is not an "official" statement on behalf of the Army but rather one wife's response to Fort Hood. And one to heed.

"We are going out on a mission and I won't be able to talk to you for three or four days. Sorry I missed you. Just wanted to tell you I love you." The cursor blinks on and off in the blue background on the monitor screen. I look at the time of his last message. 7:03. It is now 7:07. We overslept.
    "I'm here!" I type back, hoping to see his response and hear the familiar alerting pop of the messenger. Nothing. I missed him. Again.
    I hear the words form in my head. "What if that was the last time?" What if he dies on the side of the road in Iraq and I never had a chance to say those all important words?
    "I love you, too," I whisper.
    And so my day begins, as every day begins: with fear and panic. That familiar feeling originally gripped me one clear day in September 2001; then again with the first deployment, the second, now the third. It lives seething and swirling, toward Iraq and Afghanistan the moment my husband enlisted and left to fight two wars.

Now, since the incident at Fort Hood, that fear has come home to possess our military families within the gate. The online chat rooms, websites, and military support groups are filled with fear, rage, disbelief, compassion, and visceral pain. All previews of the impending implosion writhing beneath the surface.

Driving through the gates of another base, I feel the thick, heavy silence. The questions of "Why?" and "How?" ruling our minds. We have done all we can to serve, uphold, defend, remain steadfast and loyal. Hasn't that been enough?

Every military family held their breath while watching a tragedy unfold. All the while, begging the public to understand our pain. Not just document it.

I feel their pain. Hear their cries thundering in my ears. I fight the urge to curl up in a ball, hoping it all goes away and the opposing, relentless want to rip and shred until someone or something can feel the raw explosion in our already tired hearts.
    But now is not the time.

For every family member who loves one in uniform, every wife, mother, father, sister or brother who has watched a loved one walk away from your empty arms, I implore you: do not give in to the hate you feel. Do not give in to the fear racking our bodies. Do not give in to the overwhelming need to give up and walk away, allowing another to carry an extra burden for freedom. We are already weary, already torn and ripped apart, each of us playing a vital role in these wars. I understand, deeply. With my husband deployed, now wondering if his fellow soldier could shoot him, I am ready to crumble.

I ask you, one more time, to rise, stand. Find it within you to push aside the fear and the hatred. I implore you; do not let it eat you. Do not give into the frustration so that only a few carry this burden. Do not hate a group of people who had no role in pulling the trigger. We all want our marriages back. Our sanity. A sense of peace and a moment to breathe. We all want our children to feel like children again, rather than "military children" set apart from the rest. Once again, too much will be asked of us as we pull that familiar concrete armor over us and rise as the ambassadors and heart and soul of America.

I have no doubt you will. As you always have.
    For every civilian, every friend, every protestor, every media outlet in America, and our own President and First Lady, I beg of you, help us stand.

Now is not the time to "think of us." Now is not the time to wonder "I just don't know how you do it."

Now is the time to reach out and touch us. Yesterday, at my son's preschool a teacher reached out, her warm hand gripping my shoulder, and touched me. Her warmth and compassion released my tears. Finally.

Send flowers. Walk past your yellow ribbon and to our door. We need you to do this. We need a chance to feel our humanity when we have performed as an entity for too long.

Do not allow this to remain a "military tragedy." We have put our lives on hold and on the line for every American citizen. Do not let our pain go unnoticed because another story becomes more "newsworthy." Do not let us fall because we feel forgotten.

Remember us today and past Veteran's Day. Because we need you. If you can't drive to us, call. Listen when we finally break. See past our protective exterior and past our "can do" attitude and fierce pride. We are still standing, but not for long. Our legs are steady and true, but they are faltering. Our hearts are pounding with love for our country. But they are bleeding. We can carry the weight. But not right now.

I beg of you, rally behind us and give us new legs. Bleed with us. We need to hear you. We need to feel you. We may have put that line in the sand between us, but I am asking you to now step over it.

For every person welcoming home a soldier in the airport, we feel you. Every motorcycle thundering in front of a funeral procession, we hear you. For every person who creates postcards for our hurting children, stuffs dolls with images of their deployed parent, salutes a flag when a fallen one comes home to us, hugs a family member carrying the burden, we feel it. Do not stop.

America, we need you to stand not just with us, but for us. No, we will not ask for help. We will not reach out to you. We have already given all we have.

Put aside the politics, the newsroom breakdowns, the play-by-play tickers, and the right and left wing ideologies. Pull from your humanity. I beg of you. Because we cannot do this alone.

To learn more, visit the blog Her War ( http://www.herwarhervoice.com/ ) and hear the voices of our military spouses.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/militarywire/archives/184495.asp?source=mypi

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.