March 28, 2024, 11:43:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 8  (Read 416953 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: November 12, 2009, 11:58:12 AM »

Thoughts on yesterday, Veteran's Day:

As I was running errands, I was listening to my XM radio, the classic radio shows (channel 164). They were doing a Veteran's Day special, a broadcast of the Armed Forces show they did every week. This one was from VE day. Ernie Pyle (for you youngers, a great war correspondent who got down in the trenches with the boys, and told their story, from their perspective, he was greatly admired by the folks at home and the guys in service. He did die during the war, but after VE day, he went to Japan and was shot there -OMG, I'm sorry I know so much history!)

Anyway, Ernie was talking about winning "this war (WWII) so there would never be another great war. He said "We won this war because..." and then listed all the sacrifices.

That made me think. I actually came up with this myself...scary!! Being profound while not stoned is so not like me!!! . If When we win these wars, it will be because we DARED to fight! I think that's a great motto, not just for the military wars, but for the battles we all fight daily. DARE to fight!!!!!!

And this concludes my patriot rant for the day!

Watched Kelly's Heroes after golf yesterday.

Kelly´s Heroes-Soundtrack(Burning Bridges)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhKnEo9ZyEs

I remember that movie. I think I will revisit it.   an angelic monkey

It comes on today at noon. I have DVR'ed it!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #961 on: November 12, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »

As I was running errands, I was listening to my XM radio, the classic radio shows (channel 164). They were doing a Veteran's Day special, a broadcast of the Armed Forces show they did every week. This one was from VE day. Ernie Pyle (for you youngers, a great war correspondent who got down in the trenches with the boys, and told their story, from their perspective, he was greatly admired by the folks at home and the guys in service. He did die during the war, but after VE day, he went to Japan and was shot there -OMG, I'm sorry I know so much history!)

Anyway, Ernie was talking about winning "this war (WWII) so there would never be another great war. He said "We won this war because..." and then listed all the sacrifices.

That made me think. I actually came up with this myself...scary!! Being profound while not stoned is so not like me!!! . If When we win these wars, it will be because we DARED to fight! I think that's a great motto, not just for the military wars, but for the battles we all fight daily. DARE to fight!!!!!!

I'm doing my part to fight. If you only knew what I have been doing. 

On another fighting note, I have been out on three different excursions in the past week by myself. The last trip was yesterday to KROGER!!! For a pretty good shopping trip, and I did just fine all three times. I refuse to let this take charge of me.   
Fanny, I am SO PROUD of you!!! You go, girl!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: November 12, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »

I hope this didn't interfere witht the deposition...
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/11/12/courthouse_briefly_locked_down.html
 Courthouse Briefly Locked Down
Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:46:40 AM
ORLANDO -- The Orange County Courthouse in downtown Orlando was on lockdown for 30 minutes Thursday morning.

Workers and visitors were not permitted to enter the building from around 8:30 a.m. Thursday, until the lockdown was lifted around 9 a.m.

Deputies have not released details on the lockdown, but an unconfirmed report said someone entered the building with a weapon.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has not released an official incident report, but deputies said they were working on releasing more details on what exactly happened to cause the courthouse to shut down for a half-hour.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: November 12, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »

On another fighting note, I have been out on three different excursions in the past week by myself. The last trip was yesterday to KROGER!!! For a pretty good shopping trip, and I did just fine all three times. I refuse to let this take charge of me.   

Me to!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: November 12, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »

Watched Kelly's Heroes after golf yesterday.

Kelly´s Heroes-Soundtrack(Burning Bridges)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhKnEo9ZyEs

I remember that movie. I think I will revisit it.   an angelic monkey
CC, I love that movie. Maybe it's cos Clint is so hot, and Donald Sutherland is so stoned funny! Thanks, CC!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #965 on: November 12, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/11/12/courthouse_briefly_locked_down.html
ORLANDO -- The Orange County Courthouse in downtown Orlando was on lockdown for 30 minutes Thursday morning.

Workers and visitors were not permitted to enter the building from around 8:30 a.m. Thursday, until the lockdown was lifted around 9 a.m.

Deputies have not released details on the lockdown, but an unconfirmed report said someone entered the building with a weapon.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has not released an official incident report, but deputies said they were working on releasing more details on what exactly happened to cause the courthouse to shut down for a half-hour.

I wonder who did that?
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #966 on: November 12, 2009, 12:08:20 PM »

Me to!   

Me too!  Now you can go out and buy me those golf balls that you promised me.

Do No Evil 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #967 on: November 12, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »

Subway for lunch!!!!

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: November 12, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »

Me to!   

You want me to rub them up real good before I send them to you? 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: November 12, 2009, 12:15:55 PM »

Subway for lunch!!!!

You have to take the subway to get to lunch? What? Did your car get towed again?  Monkey Devil!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: November 12, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »

I wonder who did that?

I wonder if Georgie is at it again? 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: November 12, 2009, 12:17:33 PM »

There, fixed it!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: November 12, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »

We're getting blown away and flooded here in the mid-Atlantic region.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: November 12, 2009, 12:21:24 PM »

We're getting blown away and flooded here in the mid-Atlantic region.

Yes, I've been watching on TV. So sorry you are getting it. Those tropical storms can sometimes be worse than hurricanes as far as rainfall and flooding. Are you on high ground?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »

Please light a candle for Morgan Harrington.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Morga

~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #975 on: November 12, 2009, 12:24:57 PM »

Subway for lunch!!!!

You have to take the subway to get to lunch? What? Did your car get towed again?  Monkey Devil!

Smart ass, it wasn't towed.

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: November 12, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »

Please light a candle for Morgan Harrington.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Morga
an angelic monkey

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #977 on: November 12, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »

That is great news - good job. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #978 on: November 12, 2009, 12:26:38 PM »

There, fixed it!

Another smart ass.

Do No Evil 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #979 on: November 12, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »

Wait till you see the story about Hasan sending money to Pakistan. 

Oh No Doubt.        He sure as hell didn't spend any money on living expenses.   What a pig.

Not really trying to take up for him as I despise the man. But he had given most of his furniture to his neighbor, and those pics were after the FBI got though with their search in there. I am sure they were not very "gentle" with their investigation. They have a reputation of leaving a mess. JMO

Oh I knew he gave stuff away, but he was making a Major (0-4) salary and getting Housing allowance.   That's a nice chunk of change - where did it all go?     Most O-4s live in nice surroundings.   just saying. 

He had the opportunity of living on base, but chose to live in a $350 a month shabby apartment complex.  They are reporting investigating him sending his money to Pakistan on Fox  News.

Well isn't that just spiffy! if it turns out to be true not only was he allowed to be a terrorist, in our army (due to pc bs) he was put in a situation where he killed many of OUR soldiers, and all the $$ he was making while WE (O) allowed him to do this is going to support those that are killing OUR soldiers over seas! Wonderful, just fan-freakin-tastic, jee we sure have a bright f*ckin president! 

Yep he is a real gem isnt he? 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.