April 26, 2024, 05:19:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #827 12/9/09 - 1/28/10  (Read 596276 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_66247.php

Google translation:

KLM return uncertain

December 10, 2009, 12:45 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

ORANGE CITY - It's not 100 percent sure that airline KLM Aruba next year bond to its schedule of scheduled services. It says at least regional manager of the airline Simone Wickenhagen. This goes against the message Wickenhagen of the Dutch travel magazine Travel Revue yesterday reported that its scheduled service between the KLM Dutch Schiphol Airport and Aruba, resumed.

Today that KLM CEO Peter Hartman is not entirely correct and that there still quoted "no concrete steps" to put this change. Thus Wickenhagen to this newspaper. The travel magazine quoted Peter Hartman with a firm tone "KLM and Martinair will fly side by side on Aruba. There is enough demand for seats. The KLM regional manager has however the following Hartman 'exactly' said: "I seek the optimal operation of Aruba in 2010. Martinair flies certainly continue, but perhaps KLM Martinair addition, services will run. The question is whether there is enough potential, KLM and Martinair serve different market segments. "

The conclusion is therefore that it is not certain whether KLM Martinair can fly next. "There must be enough passengers," Wicke said Hagen. Although nothing appears to be sure, several local newspapers today brought the big news on the front page that KLM last summer abandoned scheduled Amsterdam - Aruba resumed in 2010. The Financieele Dagblad (FD) in the Netherlands has taken over the news. This quote Hartman with a quote showing that KLM "the viewing option. "If we transport a lot of airline Royal officials, who like to travel business class. That is one reason why we now see how we both KLM and Martinair both on the route to fly, "said Hartman in the FD. Government spokesman Manolo says Besselink also not aware of a final decision, but to know that the "very possible" that KLM this service is resumed. This response to the call that Premier Mike Eman (AVP) and Otmar Oduber (AVP), Minister of Tourism, Labor and Transport, the Netherlands have had with Peter Hartman, two weeks ago. "Their visit to the Netherlands has certainly helped, but I can not confirm the news," said Besselink.

Prime Minister to the Netherlands
Finally Besselink said this morning that he will ask for more information on the prime minister himself, but Eman it busy because a new visit to the Netherlands. "He flies to the Netherlands tomorrow for a mission." Why the Prime Minister in a short time visit to the Netherlands, the government spokesman did not report this morning.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_66323.php

Google translation:

Curacao

FOL-based view thorn in Chavez

December 11, 2009, 13:18 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

PHILIPSBURG - The U.S. FOL based on Hato airport can not escape local and international discussion. That is being fueled mainly by the Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez, who recently reiterated uitliet negatively on the operations of the U.S. Air Force as close to Venezuela. The U.S. base stationed here in the past F-16 fighter planes. Today it is mainly specialized in aircraft gathering intelligence. Formally, these services are combating trafficking from Colombia. Venezuela are open to doubt and see the Americans here as a threat. The picture on the ground a Boeing RC-135 Rivet Joint surveillance aircraft with some regularity Hato state.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2009, 05:05:31 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_66283.php

Action plan FATF urgently required’

10 Dec, 2009, 07:33 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

The committee FATF Aruba and the Central Bank of Aruba (picture) wants an action plan on short term for the combating of laundering and terrorism.

ORANJESTAD — Aruba must come up with a detailed action plan in order to comply with the recommendations of Financial Action Task Force (FATF) still, regarding laundering and terrorism combating before the next plenary meeting of the FATF in February.

That is the recommendation of, amongst others, de committee FATF Aruba and the Central Bank of Aruba (CBA) to the Permanent States-committee Economical Affairs. The States-committee had recently held conversations with a number of entities, amongst which Aruba Financial Center, the Public Prosecutor, Aruba Bankers Association and the tax department in order to chart the situation. The latter regards the publication of the Mutual Evaluation Report from FATF on Aruba, which had been published on October 14th.

Shortcomings
In this report, which was based on findings from the FATF-evaluation team that had visited the island in December 2008, a number of serious shortcomings are concluded regarding the combating of laundering practices and terrorism financing. To top that, of the sixteen FATF-nuclear recommendations, Aruba had had thirteen, which had been assessed as partially sufficient or even entirely insufficient. For example, the financing of terrorism is not a penal act on Aruba and certain crimes are lacking in the Penal Code as main criminal offence for laundering. The lacking of regulations on Aruba with regard to the identification and verification of the eventual concerned party with transactions is a thorn in the flesh of FATF. The same applies for the lacking regulation of and supervision on the electronic exchanges and brokers or advisors in stocks and insurances operational on Aruba. In addition, there are non-transparent and inadequate statutory regulations for trading partnerships that amongst others issue shares and make it impossible to discover the people behind the company.

Abu Dhabi
According to Juan David Yrausquin (AVP), Chairman of the Permanent States-committee Economical Affairs, there is a lot to be done. “It appeared from all conversations that the previous government had done little to nothing to improve the situation. They had clearly not given this priority.” However, Yrausquin is convinced that the Aruban delegation, which will be traveling to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates for the next plenary meeting of FATF during the first week of February, will present a plan of approach. This plan should be based on risk assessment at national level. In addition, the States-committee wants to present an explanation during the plenary meeting on everything that had been accomplished during the past months in order to comply with the so-called ‘40+9’ recommendations of the task force.

Aruba is a member of FATF through the Kingdom of the Netherlands. In addition, the island is a member of the Caribbean pendant of FATF, the CFATF. This group had also participated with the investigation, which had been carried out in December last year.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »

Posted by Fierljepper at RU:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:36 pm         

Joran! Those shoes are made for walking...
I was triggered by that DeVries snippet from the police tape, that shows Joran being interrogated about his shoes. These detectives must have had good reasons to keep asking him about them.

Let's go back to the simplest scenario possible:

Premises:
1. More people involved = more complex
2. Natalee didn't make it back to the hotel alive (otherwise violates 1.)
3. K2 are innocent and have spoken the truth >6/12/05 (otherwise violates 1.)
4. The 2:26 call to Deepak was made in the vicinity of MacDonalds.
4. Natalee died in the presence of Joran ( no suicide/accidental drowning)
5. Body disposal in the sea is simpler than any form of land disposal.
6. Wind, tide and current that night could have taken the body into the ocean.

Based on these premises the simplest scenario seems to be:
* K2 dropped J. off at the beach and only joined the HI-lie to cover for a friend.
* N. fatally collapsed on the beach with Joran.
* J. pushed N.'s body a certain distance into the sea (make it look like drowning).
* J. had a good fall back lie in case the body would be found (I left her perfectly ok!?!).
* J. rushed home barefoot, called Deepak at 2:26 near MDonalds and went on his PC.
* Telling Deepak he'd left her "passed out" on the beach, is precisely the right thing to say (shifts responsibility for getting into the sea to N.)
* N's body was picked up by the current and disappeared in the wide ocean. That's why J. tells Patrick that he really 'got lucky'.
* No body, no case. Add a few simple smoke curtains and you're save.

But why tell Deepak about walking home barefoot?
J. must have gotten into trouble with his shoes one way or the other. There must have been some compelling reasons to compensate for a 4kms of barefoot discomfort and not simply taking a taxi. Losing one or both shoes during the sea disposal is a very good reason for his behaviors. His cloths were soaked and he couldn't be spotted by a witness and he was barefoot. What other options did he have in such a situation, than to sneak home all those 4kms?

So, why bring up the shoe story voluntarily to Deepak and ALE?
That is pretty simple in this scenario. His biggest fear was that the shoe(s) he had lost in the ocean would wash ashore (maybe even around the same time as the body and connections could be made). That's pretty difficult to explain (no car pick ups in his head then). Since he actually was walking home barefoot when he rang Deepak (and someone would ask questions about his expensive shoes sooner or later), he had to pre-emptively state that he left his shoes on the beach (e.g. the flood could have picked them up, somebody had thrown them in the ocean, loads of effective bullshit stories to explain why they found your shoes on the beach). At that moment he didn't know that neither his shoe(s), nor Natalees body would ever come ashore. Bu once the shoe-''genie" was voluntarily released from the bottle, it could never be reversed.

Was it a smart idea to dream up the HI-lie in this scenario?
At that moment in time, J. couldn't have known how lucky he would get with the current at that time. What if her body would be found on the beach the next day (most likely scenario in J.'s head)? Yes, then it still is a very smart idea to invent the HI-lie since it places yourself away from the beach and the HI-drop off also transfers your personal accountability nicely towards somebody else (MB-ers, hotel staff, security guards, etc.). This is precisely what happened (guards got arrested) and Deepak was happy (naive) enough to back up his friend, since contrary to J. he didn't have a clue that she had already died at that time (so it was an innocent lie from Deepak).

Was it smart to continue to incriminate the K2 until he got stuck on the 'Satish picked my up story'?
Yes, in hind sight it probably was. The simple fact that K2 had joined the HI lie made them a very easy target for J. to raise further accusations against them. J. tried everything to firstly keep himself away from the beach ("they drove off with her in their car") and when that was all falsified, his only option to not be totally alone in the case and on the beach was to incriminate the K2 (and this also kept him very nicely away from the risky "I walked home barefoot scenario".

Why did he tell Patrick that he kept his shoes and then threw them away in a sewer?
He told Patrick during the 'confession' that the shoes were really a non-event and that he actually walked home on them and never lost them. Joran could easily say this, since 4 years after the event he was pretty sure the shoes had indeed turned into a non-event and would never be found again. He must have realised himself that keeping them was a risky tweak in the bullshit story to Patrick and to bend it closer towards the truth, he decided to tell him that he'd thrown them away.

Are there bits of evidence to support this scenario?
1) A remarkable element of J.'s formal statement is that he carried Natalee for a while and that she asked him to put her down (it's a very save bet to say this if you have indeed carried a body to the sea and you're not yet 100% sure someone hasn't seen you doing that). He also told ALE that he went to the sea to wash his hands (make's sense if you need to explain your moves in case someone has seen you coming out of the sea after the disposal).
2) Joran told his headmaster already the next day (May 31st), that 'maybe she went for a swim and drowned'. This is also a scenario he puts forward in the 'what could have happened' chapter in DZNH. Why would that scenario be so prevalent in Joran's head the next day after she disappeared...? Why so fatalistic? Did American girls drown all the time on Aruba...

...or did Joran know Natalee's real fate and was he a little too eager to cover his ass as liers often do...?

Thanks Klaas! 

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2009, 05:22:15 PM »

Awww.  Maybe Ms Brennan could put herself to some good use for the island she loves so much?  Like maybe encouraging them to do right by Natalee and her family?

That would go a LONG way in righting a 4 1/2 year wrong.

Every day they don't, it just hurts them more.  Hopefully it won't take an island of 100% unemployment before they figure that out!

Hey Jan, here's a thought.  Why don't you and yours encourage the poor suffering souls on Aruba who know what these criminals did to Natalee to finally come forward and put their foot down regarding the coverup they were afforded?

Now THAT would be a wonderful project in thwarting a Boycott.

A person cannot help those who refuse to help themselves...

Medley posted this at Scrux.  This may be what they are "up to"    Sorry for blowing the margins 

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »

Please!!!  I don't mind if people develop scenarios regarding Natalee's possible demise....however...please exclude the accidental overdose and panic!

Joran, the sporter lived on an island.

Joran, the academic lived on an island with a high percentage of cocaine use.

Joran, the sporter was an intern at the Racquet club.

I surmise that Joran, the academic, sporter was well trained in CPR and care of the drug overdose. Joran was trained in CPR including calling for help.

The only reason, at the age of seventeen, to not perform as trained, is because the trained teen caused the death and did not want anyone to know.  If it was an accident, he would have performed as trained (it is a rote memory action).

Now the question is, what did he do to Natalee.  It must be worse than disposal or selling because he freely talks of those things.  Perhaps aspiration from something in her mouth or a head injury.  The hypoxia caused by either thing would cause seizure-like activity.  Perhaps GHB.

There is a reason the sporter did not act as trained.  Her survival would have been worse than her disposal.

or...he did act as trained and his father (the person he called) decided disposal was the best action. Either way "something bad happened" and it was not accidental.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »

Good Morning....!

Maybe there was an announcement of the wedding or the birth in the local Birmingham newspaper.

You are thinking of "public interest" stories like that when a zoo animal gives birth. I wouldn't look under the "Vital Statistics" section.

I've checked and haven't found wedding or birth announcements in the Ratcliff name.  Still looking.

WHERE IS THE "PUKING" AVATAR?   

This made me sick.   

(If it is true Congrats is in order) I have my doubts though.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »

Please!!!  I don't mind if people develop scenarios regarding Natalee's possible demise....however...please exclude the accidental overdose and panic!

I surmise that Joran, the academic, sporter was well trained in CPR and care of the drug overdose. Joran was trained in CPR including calling for help.

The only reason, at the age of seventeen, to not perform as trained, is because the trained teen caused the death and did not want anyone to know.  If it was an accident, he would have performed as trained (it is a rote memory action).

Now the question is, what did he do to Natalee.  It must be worse than disposal or selling because he freely talks of those things.  Perhaps aspiration from something in her mouth or a head injury.  The hypoxia caused by either thing would cause seizure-like activity.  Perhaps GHB.

There is a reason the sporter did not act as trained.  Her survival would have been worse than her disposal.

or...he did act as trained and his father (the person he called) decided disposal was the best action. Either way "something bad happened" and it was not accidental.

I agree Buckeye.  This was an outright premeditated murder.  No accident.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:24:36 PM by San » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: December 11, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

We all knew this was a murder from day one.  We are all here because Aruba never did a damn thing for Natalee as far as justice.

Why?  Tourism? 

BECAUSE OF WHO WAS INVOLVED IN THE MURDER.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #269 on: December 11, 2009, 06:51:11 PM »

Good post Buckeye.  I totally agree.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »

Who is Fierljepper?
A known disinformant? Or a valid theorist?
Anyone????
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »

Who is Fierljepper?
A known disinformant? Or a valid theorist?
Anyone????

He is a theorist, who posts at RU.  As for the validity of his theories, he is guessing, just like the rest of us.  IMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »

This guy's been in jail for murder since July.  He was released today, maybe temporarily.  The victim was shot in the head.  If I understand it correctly some of the DNA evidence was negative but some is still under investigation.  And it seems that some witnesses are not sticking with their original statements?

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/14456/29/

eddie "wakata" ras his detencion not owing to wordo prolonga

friday, 11 december 2009 - 14:35

according vocero of ministerio publico, huez owing to suspende the detencion provisional of eddie "wakata" ras, that owing to stay deteni because; sospechoso of is responsible for asesinato of one man antiyano, fast of kooyman techniek at tarabana in month of july. click read more for more info...

according huez the pruebanan was sufficient for owing to as ras deteni till at the instant cu el'a leave pound. huez owing to tell esey cu enfasis because; reaccion on the ponencia of the advocate cu ras will is inocente. if provided that berdad ras is inocente, then will not owing to as in detencion, according ministerio publico. ministerio publico is follow tell cu the rapportnan of police is encera the investigacion of dna y the investigacion of the schiethanden. interesting is naturlamente the dna, cu owing to resulta parcialmente negative, but cu parcialmente is still in investigacion. dus the investigacion of dna still is andando for one part. the schiethanden owing to resulta negative. for thing is the declaracionnan, is so cu now here have testigonan is come back on they word. the investigacion is continua y on 12 of feburary the tratamento will take lugar. is more tanto one cuestion bewijstechnisch. ministerio publico is follow completamente convenci cu they have the sospechoso y cu is the, but have cu proof this convincentemente at huez. we will stay pendiente for her conclusion of the caso interesting here, as cu already owing to wordo anuncia, day 12 of feburary, this will continua.

Link to crime scene photos (WARNING: GRAPHIC!)

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=1337&offId=0&offDate=2009-07

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2009, 10:14:23 PM »

Thanks, Klaas.   

Magnolia, I'm feeling better each day, but still have some congestion.  Getting there, though....thanks.

I'm glad you're getting better 2NJ...drink plenty of fluids!

I had a lot of distractions today and just noticed!   

Congratulations on 10,000 quality posts 2NJ, MONKEY ALL STAR !!!!!! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: December 11, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »

I guess I should have said 10,000+ since it's already 10,004.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: December 11, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »

This is an article from February 9, 2008 (right after the Joran/Patrick show aired).  I've posted a google translation of the article from Peter DeVries website.  There is also a translated version here that is a little different in parts.

http://tinyurl.com/peterrdevries-robinhood

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/peter-r.-de-vries/media/een-postmoderne-robin-hood-profiel-tv-detective-peter-r.-de-vries/

A postmodern Robin Hood "; profile TV detective Peter R. de Vries

Fri Netherlands

Byline: Marian Husken

By "solving" the disappearance of Natalee Holloway reached Peter R. de Vries, the self-appointed deputy of the Netherlands, last week his international breakthrough. What is his secret And where does research on journalism and vigilantism begins

Millions of viewers got the Sunday appalling confessions of Joran van der Sloot against an alleged friend (the undercover agent on behalf of Peter R. de Vries) to hear. She saw a boy who was proud of him until now police and judiciary had been outsmarted.

Peter Rudolf de Vries (52) and his team wrote crime history.
For days it was not only fascinated by the Netherlands announced the unveiling of crime journalist. In the United States was eagerly awaited the airing of the Dutch crime reporter who "examines, denounces, exposes and defends."

Where law enforcement failed, came to De Vries 'clear evidence'. He put an undercover operation at the truth. In previous cases he has recorded success with the use of hidden microphones and cameras, he has now hired an infiltrator into.

Database

De Vries describes in interviews are sounding results as "the happiness of the zealous." "All I can do, I will. Then I come to a certain feeling, a certain view and that appears to be generally correct. But nothing goes without saying. "

It is short for experience, intuition and hard work. "You should be curious and constantly busy with your profession." De Vries has over the last thirty years a huge and well-organized archive built. As a young reporter for The Associated Press he blinked every message that it was important. All criminal cases he has collected in plastic folders that go back hundreds of binders and boxes are numbered. And all that is later put into the computer. He did that long before the police this way of working introduced. The big advantage is that De Vries like no other linkages can explain facts and to remember that younger colleagues and investigators could not immediately find the digital search engines, which usually go back over some fifteen years ago. De Vries also has hundreds of police records on homicide, classified and put in alphabetical order. De Vries, in one of his books on the "treasure" of the journalist: "My store is holy, throw something bordering blasphemy."

De Vries has not only a great archive and a good memory, he has the best contacts in the lower and upper world, police, courts and the common man. And that takes time and effort. He read all letters, emails and also gives tips and answers. "The first thing I do when I come to the editor, the post view. Unopened letters exert a magical attraction for me, which is only broken when I read. "

He sends prisoners to contact him cards and books. "Sometimes the notes from the sudden strike gold."

He also speaks many people personally. His friend Cor van Hout, the Heineken-kidnapper, was not really any good sources in the crime scene, the first Dutch godfather Klaas Bruinsma knew him personally, and drug barons as "Hakkelaar 'and the Black Cobra.

De Vries is carefully compared with parents of missing and murdered children and victims to go visit if no long direct program is more important. De Vries in The Voice (1997): "Aftercare is the key to good contacts. You must give people the feeling that you have real interest and not just calling to one piece. "

So for years he maintained contact with the family of the decennial Petertje Oort from Purmerend in 1982 death was fished out of the ring canal. Murdered. The family went to grief under. The perpetrator was never found and the matter lapsed. But De Vries could not accept it. In the murder that he can not describe how he barred a rainy day for another matter in Purmerend and had had about half an hour. "I bought a beautiful plant and went to the tomb of Petertje. I put the pot on the tombstone, there was a card and wrote: "Petertje, I know you will always find the man who did this."

High demands

From the beginning of his career as a crime reporter De Vries put the bar high. As a journalist he starting hours on a eenkolommertje in De Telegraaf, but not long after he wrote crime stories and revealing detailed reports for the largest newspaper in the Netherlands. "Then I thought: what if I could write a book So shift your boundaries."

He was editor of the magazine Loc, wrote for the AD and now many published books: From the files of Commissioner Toorenaar to the mega-bestseller about the Heineken Kidnapping. His' skilful pen "was for him" a great lever "to the television world to come.
With his program came the national fame. In 2005 followed his failed affair with a political party. But the audience did not sit cannon be disappointed. That small crack in the hitherto shiny new coat was immediately scoops undone. In 2006, he explored the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Himself he thought he new light on this case international cast - but not everyone was convinced. In 2007 he came with an outstanding program of Gladio, a super-secret underground movement that was founded after the Second World War to the danger of a communist occupation to fight. De Vries revealed that criminals dealt with weapons from the depots of Gladio were stolen. He was furious that his blast caused no major revelation in The Hague.

And now he has his "daydream" which made, as he states on his website: he took "the bitter truth" surfaced in a case that every crime reporter in the world would like to solve - the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. A revelation that finally provides an international breakthrough.

People Entertainment

"De Vries is an ancient form of entertainment mode," said communication scientist Stijn Reijnders two years ago in his dissertation "Holland on the slope. The researcher examined many episodes of the program, Peter R. de Vries: Crime Reporter and compared them with nineteenth-century forms of popular entertainment in which crime is involved. De Vries has the same role as the singers of folk songs from the past murders, his program is similar to the "horror rooms" where traveling carnival rides with wax crimes were depicted. Like when it goes to Peter R. de Vries to true crime. The ultimate victims are young white women or children: the symbol of innocence. Who comes to them, is a beast, the personification of evil. And that should be fought by all means.

According to Reijnders De Vries is a connection between the legal system and the need for legal certainty and the associated moral. In his role as tort fighter leans on examples from De Vries (crime) fiction. Behind his desk as he sits in the studio, he recalls the literary Reijnders oerspeurder Sherlock Holmes. He analyzes the facts and use words such as "examine" and "do detective. De Vries played outside shooting during the American hard-boiled detective, said Reijnders. A fast guy in a leather jacket and jeans behind aanrent defendants to confront them with his "facts".

De Vries has the scientists in recent years emerged as the voice of the powerless. Television serves as a battleground. The crime reporter will not be too closely with the (legal) rules and can therefore do more than police and judiciary. He can direct an offender to get off and confront him with his "evidence".

He is not a storyteller like his historical predecessors, but a fighter against injustice. In the eyes of De Vries has a convicted murderer or not his right to anonymity and privacy lost.
Journalists, whether writer or broadcaster, have to abide by the so-called code of Bordeaux. They must present the facts as they are, and interviews apply. But there are no rules about obtaining information. Much material has been played in an inappropriate and improper way sometimes stolen. Sometimes it is necessary to undercover journalism business because abuse can not be otherwise exposed. Journalists have privilege. They may remain silent about their sources. In the shadowy world of cheaters, scammers and fraudsters and the murder and manslaughter cases that Peter R. de Vries is concerned, it is almost inevitable that sometimes unorthodox manner are required. De Vries as a television maker knows that a picture is worth a thousand words. Undercover operations and provide exciting images. But he was pissed when there is doubt as to his motives. For him the 'truth'.

And if the truth is achieved, confronts De Vries good journalistic use the liar with his facts. This is called giving reply. So that the viewer on the edge of their seat, is a bonus.

Reconstructions

Victims and survivors of unsolved crimes sometimes desperate search to help Peter R. de Vries. One of his methods is the reconstruction. This he calls attention to the facts that the investigators have missed. Critics believe that the crime reporter at the scene by putting sometimes painful detail "a sensation seeker" is: "A profiteer of emotions summoned by him."

These sounds were heard at a symposium in 2000. The statement reads: Peter R. de Vries: thrill seeker or national conscience Responses were recorded in Het Parool. The majority of those present appreciated the journalist that the crime justice and police constantly on the fingers tapping. "It is a macho, but we have this kind of unfortunately necessary if the government is too lax." And: "That he used this to media, is his right. And he thereby become a famous person, is fun for him. "

Self De Vries said that police and justice to him to find things to solve. And that's true. The former Amsterdam police spokesman Klaas Wilting example, praised the cooperation with De Volkskrant Vries: "He always comes after his appointments and always see both sides. I've never able to catch a hidden agenda. "

At the symposium brought Myjer Egbert, then professor of Human Rights and Deputy Attorney General of the Amsterdam public prosecutor, for an opposing force. "My biggest objection to programs like those of De Vries is that some police are taken. The follow question then is: who controls Peter R. de Vries still Unlike police and judiciary that lacks control. "

Also criminologist Hans Boutellier seemed less enamored of the role of crime reporter in the detection. "De Vries has the eyes of the journalist, the mustache (then still, MH) from the chin of a policeman and a criminal. In other words: Peter R. de Vries, the detective, the villain and the man who cares for the victims. De Vries is a postmodern Robin Hood in service ... well ... who really '

Criticism

New Revue in 2005 took out a story under the headline "The bad detective methods. It was about the "purveyor of Peter R. de Vries. Private Tech Michel Kraaij it claims that he jammed the business of crime journalist got rolling again. By using the phone how to pose as officials or colleagues. Kraaij cheated so many sensitive and confidential information about bank details and even entire criminal history which he then sold to interested parties. De Vries also, that he many scoop ( "Mabel Gate ') had helped, he said. De Vries, who was asked for a reply, did not specifically on the story of Kraaij, but confirmed that he sometimes uses detective agencies to difficult to get information on the table. "I think that I am free to anyone to turn to some research."
But a spokesperson for the Protection Board felt that it did not matter whether you are client or supplier. "In every case there is improper conduct. If you know that your orders for information to find out that no legitimate way to obtain, it is against the law. "

The Data Protection Act also applies to journalism, agreed the privacy spokesman, but not the control of the college.

Even in the case of Natalee Holloway, has criticized the way the crime reporter. Criminal lawyer Gerard Spong said in NRC Handelsblad last Saturday's even possible that De Vries 'unlawful' acted by an undercover agent who worked for him in the private sphere has made recordings. He has the privacy of the alleged perpetrator violated Joran van der Sloot. "There is about jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights."
But one thing is another.

Own Direction

While other investigative journalists stop De Vries goes through - that he calls himself, and his numerous articles, columns, books and television programs are the best proof. He found perpetrators such as Louis H. Corinne Bolhaar and who killed her two children. Baarnse he solved the murder mystery - still a cold case involving the perpetrator of a double murder was appointed. If he pleaded innocent free, as the two men convicted of Putten. Under pressure they had announced they had killed stewardess Christel Ambrosius. De Vries found much evidence that they had not done that the judges they should acquit.

In the eyes of De Vries, the end - 'the truth' - the means, now as an undercover operation in the Natalee Holloway case. De Vries has said in interviews that people who have done something terrible, no longer entitled to legal protection of their privacy. The suffering they have inflicted on victims and survivors, is too big.
It is a concept close to vigilantism aanschuurt (private justice). But he is not alone in there. That feeling of 'fault, then you should not do it "lives in a large part of Dutch society. This is understandable, but the suspects are involved - (still) not guilty - even though it is on television so compelling evidence yet. Netherlands is still a law where the judge decides, not the TV-looking people. The States should prudently deal with the privacy of suspects. In published rulings are names of convicts still anonymous. There are also rules for detection. A high level of direct infringement of one's environment is always prior permission from a judge. This is particularly true for undercover operations.

In America the Dutch debate about the use of an infiltrator to Joran van der Sloot to confess to persuade little stir. It is a detection method that is commonly used by U.S. police and judiciary. The Dutch authorities are much more regulated than their overseas counterparts.

Private justice and trial by media advancing. The debate over the legality of the undercover operation as De Vries who performed in the Holloway case, took place earlier in the United States. Even American crime alert the use of undercover reporters not. This includes the flow of money sometimes very wide. Dateline, the news section of NBC, in 2006 the citizens' committee paid Perverted Justice as one hundred thousand U.S. dollars for pedophiles to address, said The Washington Post. The members of the group occurred in a chat room for minors and tried to come into contact with adults for sex. The broadcast of To Catch a Predator attracted one million audience. Later came harsh criticism of these undercover operations. With help from the reporters and the public could identify the police pedophiles, but also proved to be innocent. Many questioned the programmers here not to. Here was finally the end justifies the means.
Back to Peter R. de Vries. He has more than four hundred murder cases examined. So far he has always neat things for each other. Democratic control of civilian investigators if he does not exist. But there are always (jealous) colleagues will not hesitate to tackle the TV detective when he dropped a stitch.

Last update: Monday, October 19, 2009, 20:30 hours

billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #276 on: December 11, 2009, 11:20:20 PM »

I can't wait for Sunday....
urine, paulass.k2 should be scaaaaared....
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #277 on: December 11, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »

Whatever Peter brings out...it is always good to put what happened to Natalee back in the spotlight....
And the last perps she was known to be with....
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: December 11, 2009, 11:34:01 PM »

Whatever Peter brings out...it is always good to put what happened to Natalee back in the spotlight....
And the last perps she was known to be with....

I agree billb! 

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: December 11, 2009, 11:37:28 PM »

What a nice article about De Vries complete with new and most handsome photo!

He seems to be the only person  in the world right now keeping the heat on Joran.  And through that, Paulus.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.