March 29, 2024, 08:25:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #827 12/9/09 - 1/28/10  (Read 594029 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #940 on: December 27, 2009, 12:14:45 AM »

This one made me go hmmmm.

From what I understand a woman went in the bathroom and called police for help, when they got there the manager told them she'd left with another woman.  Did they ever get in touch with her again to make sure she was safe?

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

12/19/2009 Awe Mainta Page 26

Papiamentu translation:

muher is core sconde in bathroom y is calling police

diahuebs madruga, near of 1.15, one madam owing to core enter bathroom of one bar restaurant at palm beach, y is calling police via celular for ask asistencia. the is tell police cu one man is persigui’e. police of north owing to bay n’e localidad, but eynan the manager owing to tell they cu the muher owing to bay end for of the sitio. esey owing to wordo confirma for one of the trahadonan, that owing to tell cu past owing to leave of bathroom y owing to bay cu one another muher. police owing to busca in becindario, but not owing to come across cune.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: December 27, 2009, 12:22:08 AM »

Good Evening, Monkeys,

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and are looking forward to a very Happy New Year's!  Mine was kind of quiet but I did receive very nice gifts from #1 son.  It's strange to have gifts FROM kids finally.  He is super thoughtful kid, however.  Had to work but sent Omaha Steaks and Netfllix and Amazon gift certificate.  So I am a happy camper.  And I still have my mom for yet another Christmas, for that I am truly blessed.

Of course we on this thread can't help but feel for Beth and Dave and know this has to be one of the hardest times of the year for them.  I hope it gets easier with time for them.

One thing new for me living in apartments is that you get lots of invitations.  Yea!  Free food, lol.  I must do better next year and contribute more.  Maybe I will find my SM Cookbook and make something really nice for New Year's.  I also make a mean seafood chowder.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: December 27, 2009, 12:26:14 AM »

Remember the suicide by poison a week or more ago?

I read in Awe Mainta that it was insecticide that he drank.

I can't even imagine!  

Seems drugs would have been easier.  Many people used to take carbolic acid.
It is an ingredient in insecticides and cleaning products.
It works fast.

With all the drugs on One Happy Island, you would think people could find something better than poison or hanging themselves!  I would still like to know what the actual, real suicide rate in that place is.  It HAS to be higher than average.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: December 27, 2009, 12:28:40 AM »

From what I understand a woman went in the bathroom and called police for help, when they got there the manager told them she'd left with another woman.  Did they ever get in touch with her again to make sure she was safe?

Papiamentu translation:

diahuebs madruga, near of 1.15, one madam owing to core enter bathroom of one bar restaurant at palm beach, y is calling police via celular for ask asistencia. the is tell police cu one man is persigui’e. police of north owing to bay n’e localidad, but eynan the manager owing to tell they cu the muher owing to bay end for of the sitio. esey owing to wordo confirma for one of the trahadonan, that owing to tell cu past owing to leave of bathroom y owing to bay cu one another muher. police owing to busca in becindario, but not owing to come across cune.

I know.  I always try to read the articles you  post, TxM, but sometimes they just don't make any sense, do they?  I mean, if nothing was wrong, why write an article?  If it was, well, what was it and what happened?

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: December 27, 2009, 12:33:35 AM »

Going to run through the other threads as unfortunately there seems to have been a rash of tragedies around this Christmas.  Oh, and we must keep an eye on Uncle Hugo.  That man is going to keep messing around and start something he can't handle one of these days.  I really don't think he is playing with a full deck.

Goodnite, All!

PERSONA NON GRATA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: December 27, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »

Good Evening, Monkeys,

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and are looking forward to a very Happy New Year's!  Mine was kind of quiet but I did receive very nice gifts from #1 son.  It's strange to have gifts FROM kids finally.  He is super thoughtful kid, however.  Had to work but sent Omaha Steaks and Netfllix and Amazon gift certificate.  So I am a happy camper.  And I still have my mom for yet another Christmas, for that I am truly blessed.

Of course we on this thread can't help but feel for Beth and Dave and know this has to be one of the hardest times of the year for them.  I hope it gets easier with time for them.

One thing new for me living in apartments is that you get lots of invitations.  Yea!  Free food, lol.  I must do better next year and contribute more.  Maybe I will find my SM Cookbook and make something really nice for New Year's.  I also make a mean seafood chowder.

Hi Anna,
I'm glad you had a good Christmas with your mom and received some nice gifts from your son.  Ours was good too!  I thought a lot about Dave and his family, and Beth and Matt and hoped that their holiday was as good as it could be.  I remember Dave talking about his little ones still hanging a stocking for Natalee in an interview a year or more ago and wondered if they did that again this year.  I'd hoped that Private Eye might stop by and say Hi, I hope he and his girls are doing o.k.  I know he must be as frustrated as we all are waiting...and waiting...and waiting for Aruba to do the right thing! 

Wonder what's taking so long on that report of the investigation on Van der Straaten and the first 10 days?!

So good to hear that your neighbors are so nice, I'm sure you'll be impressing them in no time with some great food! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: December 27, 2009, 12:55:27 AM »

Papiamentu translation:

I know.  I always try to read the articles you  post, TxM, but sometimes they just don't make any sense, do they?  I mean, if nothing was wrong, why write an article?  If it was, well, what was it and what happened?

Exactly, maybe I'm just too suspicious but I'm thinking...did they document that they did respond just in case it comes out later that she was abducted from the bathroom and held captive and tortured or something?  It just seems like they would have wanted to make SURE she was alright.  The woman that she left with may have been working with the guy that she was trying to get away from!  If it was bad enough for her to call the police for help, they should have done more, IMO.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: December 27, 2009, 01:03:21 AM »

Going to run through the other threads as unfortunately there seems to have been a rash of tragedies around this Christmas.  Oh, and we must keep an eye on Uncle Hugo.  That man is going to keep messing around and start something he can't handle one of these days.  I really don't think he is playing with a full deck.

Goodnite, All!

Me either Anna.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:50 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: December 27, 2009, 12:21:28 PM »

http://curacao.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/nXyIwfyZCXXtdMpu8FGccA/WEEKLY_News.pdf

News Items and Public Crime Summary for Week Ending December 19, 2009

Venezuela – Venezuelan President Chávez Displeased by USFOL
Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez reportedly again raised his concern about the U.S. presence in Colombia, Curacao, and Aruba and stated that it threatens Venezuela's national security and increases the chance for war in the region. Chávez wants the U.S. government to remove the Forward Operating Locations in the region. Also, Chávez is of the opinion that the tasks carried out from the FOLs in Curacao and Aruba do not only cover combating drug trafficking, but that it is used as a front to create regional instability. (Amigoe)

Antilles – Governor Goedgedrag to Travel to The Netherlands
The Governor of the Netherlands Antilles Frits Goedgedrag will be in the Netherlands December 11-19, for official business. Adèle P. van der Pluijm-Vrede will be acting during his absence. (Government Press Release)

Kingdom - Three Kingdom PMs Met in The Hague, Today
The three Kingdom PMs met in The Hague today to discuss issues of common interest; in particular the dismantling process of the Netherlands Antilles and the new constitutional structure of the Kingdom, according to a government press statement. (Various media)

Curacao – Venezuelan Financial Crisis Has No Local Consequences
GiroBank Director Eric Garcia believes that the current Venezuelan financial crisis has little impact on Curacao, because the Venezuela banks only have an off shore presence on Curacao. What could affect the local economy is the stringent credit card policy by Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez who successfully tightened monetary controls aimed at stemming capital flight from Venezuela, at the beginning of this year, Garcia said.
Furthermore, Garcia stated that the anti USFOL rhetoric by Chávez is alarming and requires close attention. Chávez could possibly ban the fruit vessels from coming to Curacao which will have a huge economic impact.
Garcia is of the opinion that Curaçao should not worry about the refinery. “Venezuela needs the refinery and its storage capacity for the oil it sells to China,” he said. (Antilliaans Dagblad)

Curacao – PdVSA Ready to Invest in Bullenbaai Area
Venezuelan state-owned oil company PdVSA is reportedly interested to invest US $35 million in the Bullenbaai Oil storage area, according the Isla Refinery spokesperson Kenneth Gijsbertha. (Various media)

Curacao - Venezuela: Banks Scandal Suspects Fled to Curacao
Venezuela says some suspects in a scandal involving troubled banks have fled to the United States, Spain, Curacao and Puerto Rico.
Venezuelan Justice Minister Tareck El Aissami says authorities believe implicated bank executives have left on flights to Puerto Rico, Curacao and Spain.
Venezuelan authorities have shut down seven banks in the scandal, alleging widespread irregularities. Those implicated include businesspeople with links to President Hugo Chavez's government. Nine bank executives and shareholders have been detained so far. (Various media)

St. Maarten – U.S. Wanted Criminals Arrested
St. Maarten authorities arrested two alleged drug traffickers upon request of U.S. federal authorities and are awaiting an official U.S. extradition request, according to Prosecutor Rienk Mud. (Daily Herald)

Curacao – 6th Pre-Election Poll: Little Change
This week, Opinion Korsou posted its now weekly pre-election poll survey.
The results this week differ only slightly from last week’s result. The division of parliamentary seats would remain the same compared to last week.
Lista pa Kambio (6); PAR (4); Sovereign Party (2); FOL (1); PNP (1).
The polling organizers stated that their poll is independent and scientifically based. The poll is also available on www.opinionkorsou.com. (Antilliaans Dagblad, Extra)

Curacao – Judge Sentenced 17 of 18 in International Drug and Money
Laundering Case

Four of the 18 suspects in an international drug and money laundering organization court case were sentenced to 10-18 month prison terms at the Court of First Instance, two weeks ago. 14 suspects appeared before a judge last Friday. The court handed out prison sentences ranging from 4-7 years for 13 suspects while one suspect was acquitted.
International cooperation between law enforcement authorities in Curacao, the Netherlands, Belgium, Colombia, Venezuela and the U.S. resulted in the arrest of 18 people in Curacao on 4/28. The organization was found guilty of having trafficked at least 2,000 kilos of cocaine annually.
Initially the public prosecutor’s office assumed that the organization was in contact with other criminal networks that supported Hezbollah financially. Any assumptions that large sums of money from the drug trade became available in Lebanon through underground banking were unfounded, said Prosecutor M. Angela. (Various media)

Kingdom – Dutch PM Balkenende Urges Accelerating Dismantling
Process

Dutch PM Jan Peter Balkenende has urged his Antillean colleague Emily de Jongh-Elhage to speed up the constitutional reform process during a Kingdom Prime Ministers meeting in The Hague. Balkenende is of the opinion that the 10-10-10 target date is still feasible, but referred to the changed political climate in the European part of the
Kingdom. In 2006 and 2007 almost the entire Dutch parliament supported the dismantling agreement which was signed between the Kingdom partners, but support has dwindled over the years, De Jongh-Elhage said. (Various media)

Aruba – Rainbow Warriors: PetroChina Involved in Darfur Genocide
Environmental organization Rainbow Warriors believes that Chinese state-owned oil company PetroChina is involved in the genocide in the Sudanese province Darfur. Various global organizations and NGO’s such as Investors Against Genocide, Sudan Divestment Task Force, Genocide Intervention Network, and the Save Darfur Coalition are asking businesses and other institutions to divest from two Chinese oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec which helped to fund the genocide in Darfur, according to a spokesperson for the Aruban Rainbow Warriors chapter.
The Aruban government and PetroChina are reportedly on the verge of finalizing the purchase of the US-owned Valero refinery. (Amigoe)

Aruba – Holloway Case Prominent in Dutch Media Again
Nearly one million people in the Netherlands watched a new broadcast on television by crime reporter Peter R. de Vries about Joran van der Sloot, suspect in the case of Natalee Holloway, who went missing while on vacation in Aruba.
The program featured leaked police video from an interrogation by Aruba police commissioner and Holloway case investigation leader Dolfi Richardson at the Rotterdam-Rijnmond police station on February 8, 2008. The broadcast did not reveal any new information. (Various media)

Curacao - NuCapital To Up Curaçao Wind Capacity To 30MW
Wind power developer NuCapital signed an agreement with Utility Company Aqualecta to increase installed wind power generation capacity on Curaçao to 30MW by end-2010.
The capacity of the Tera Cora and Playa Kanoa wind farms will each be 15MW or 15% of the Curacao electricity capacity. The investment totals US $81 million, according to media reports. In the region, NuCapital's investments include the Vader Piet wind farm project in Aruba and early stage ventures in other parts of the Caribbean, as well as Central and South America. (Various media)

Curacao - Whale Stranded In Curacao Bound For CA Marine Park
A pilot whale that became separated from its pod and beached itself on the southern Caribbean island of Curacao is heading for a U.S. marine park after biologists determined the animal likely would not survive in the wild.
SeaWorld San Diego has applied for a permit from the U.S. National Marine Fisheries Service to move the whale to Southern California, where it would live with two other pilot whales, park spokesman David Koontz said Monday. It wasn't yet known when the transfer, by cargo plane, would take place.
The pilot whale, which is 3 to 4 years old, has been under the care of the Southern Caribbean Cetacean Network since July, when it washed ashore in the Dutch Caribbean island of Curacao, dehydrated and underweight. (Various media)

Kingdom - Chavez Alleges US-Dutch Attack Plans
Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez accused the Kingdom of the Netherlands of cooperating with the U.S. to prepare a possible military attack on Venezuela and suggested the European Union should intervene to avoid an armed conflict. The Venezuelan leader asserted that to prepare for the offensive, U.S. military officers have deployed intelligence agents, together with war ships and surveillance aircraft on the islands of Aruba, Curaçao, and Bonaire, which are autonomous territories of the Dutch Kingdom, under the military protection of that nation. “They are three islands in the territorial seas of Venezuela that are still under the imperial regime of the Kingdom of the Netherlands,” Chávez said during a speech in Copenhagen on 12/17, transmitted by Venezuelan government-owned TV Venezolana.
Dutch Kingdom Foreign Minister Verhagen is demanding clarification from Venezuela of the “unfounded accusation” by President Chavez that the Netherlands is working with the U.S. on arming the Antilles and Aruba “up to the teeth” in preparation of “aggression” against Venezuela. He emphatically denied this allegation and noted that all three countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands have no idea what is talking about. “There is no question of imperialism or whatever aggression,” was the message delivered to the Venezuelan Ambassador 12/18.
Verhagen acknowledged that facilities are being made available to the U.S. government at the civilian airports of Curacao and Aruba but that has to do with combating drugs. Venezuela knows that, said Verhagen.
The Kingdom seeks good neighborhood relations with Venezuela and expects the same from Venezuela. “Unfounded accusations are not conducive to that,” he said.
On Thursday night, Antillean Home Affairs Minister Roland Duncan had already dismissed Chavez’ allegation as “nonsense.” “There is nothing the matter,” he said. “There is no question of building up armament.” Duncan said he had no idea on what the allegations were based. “We are close to Venezuela, a country with which we maintain good relations. But we also have good relations with the U.S., which we want to keep that way.” He added that the Antilles have no interest in armament. “Why would we? We are in consultation with the Netherlands on our constitutional future but that has nothing to do with military armament or anything like that.” (Various media)

Aruba – Aruba Signs TIEA With Australia
Dutch Ambassador to Australia Willem Andreae signed a Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) on behalf of the Aruban government with Australia, earlier this week. TIEAs regulate a framework under which nations will exchange information on tax matters in order to prevent tax fraud, financing of terrorism and money laundering. (Various media)

Antilles – Dismantling Date 10-10-10 in Jeopardy?
The Netherlands is making progress with its preparations to integrate the BES islands (Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba) as public entities in The Netherlands. Unfortunately, Bonaire is not included in all the preparations, Dutch BES Commissioner Henk Kamp stated in a report. The Netherlands and Bonaire have failed to reach an agreement yet on the division of tasks. Kamp spoke of a “less constructive cooperation” with Bonaire’s
new government. Kamp noted that valuable time is lost related to an upcoming referendum in Bonaire. The referendum question is whether the direct ties with the Netherlands, as opted for by the Bonaire people in 2004, should be molded into a free association or public entity format. A proposed January 15, 2010 referendum date was recently postponed. Also, various Dutch government officials believe that the target date 10-10-10, to dismantle the Netherlands Antilles is in serious jeopardy. (Various media)

“The Weekly Press Summary is a compilation of stories running in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruban press that is intended to alert readers about items of interest to them. There is no interpretation or verification of the facts contained therein."

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #950 on: December 27, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #951 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:22 PM »

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: December 27, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »

HT CBB

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #953 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:10 PM »

I love that one! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: December 27, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »

I love that one! 

Me too

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: December 27, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »

http://www.clickonaruba.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=299

Dj Tiesto "Kaleidoscope World Tour 2009" Part 2

Deepak Kalpoe Kawish Misier

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: December 27, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »

This kidnapper/rapist/murderer looks like he put on weight.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: December 27, 2009, 07:43:15 PM »

well said San, hopeful you are feeling a bit better today?

I was up working all night before son's graduation just so I could be away, the movie Ghost was on and I had it in the background and when the murderer is carried away by the black squealing/growling figure shadows I thought that would be a fitting ending for Joran and Deepak and Paulus and the list in Aruba is long........

All of Natalee's classmates have graduated now, I don't think it's gotten easier for Natalee's family, just that somehow you learn to live with the incredible pain of losing her to the thiefs in the night in Aruba.

God bless all of you who continue to quest for answers and justice, I hope you each have had warm and happy holidays with your loved ones.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: December 27, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »

This kidnapper/rapist/murderer looks like he put on weight.

Looks like he's plucking his eyebrows now too.  What a loser he is 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: December 27, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »

well said San, hopeful you are feeling a bit better today?

I was up working all night before son's graduation just so I could be away, the movie Ghost was on and I had it in the background and when the murderer is carried away by the black squealing/growling figure shadows I thought that would be a fitting ending for Joran and Deepak and Paulus and the list in Aruba is long........

All of Natalee's classmates have graduated now, I don't think it's gotten easier for Natalee's family, just that somehow you learn to live with the incredible pain of losing her to the thiefs in the night in Aruba.

God bless all of you who continue to quest for answers and justice, I hope you each have had warm and happy holidays with your loved ones.

Hi Nonesuche, I am feeling a little bit better.

That would be a fitting ending for them all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.