April 28, 2024, 02:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "How many days do you keep the animals?" - Killing off charity?  (Read 1163 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 08, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »

There was this story on FOX the other day, and I found a newpaper with a similar theme -

How many days do you keep the animals?  Certainly that's among the most frequently asked questions of this and, likely, every animal shelter. Remarkably, some people still seem to be under the mistaken belief that animals are held a specified period of time per some formula and if unclaimed by their original families or unwanted by new ones, are then euthanized. That's not the case.

The source of this error, I suspect, comes from a misunderstanding of California State law. California law requires animal shelters to hold lost or stray animals for a specific numbers of days for the specific purpose of allowing anxious families time to find and reclaim their lost pets. Recent changes to that law, supposedly as a result of the current budget crisis, have reduced that holding period for stray animals to three days, not including the day the animal arrives at the shelter. (Prior to this change, the requirement was four days if the shelter is open weekends or evenings, as is Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA, and six days if not. As a result of either local ordinance or internal decisions based on what we feel is in the animals' best interests, many organizations -- including PHS/SPCA -- have decided to not reduce the holding period as a result of the change in law.)

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/white/detail??blogid=102&entry_id=50154#ixzz0WIm4AuUX

I wonder how how not for profits and low budget charities will be able to afford stiff taxes on their payrolls if they are unable to provide or offer the government deluxe health insurance to their employees?

How many will be shut their doors or reduce services because they cannot afford these new expenses?  How many will struggle in these times of lowered donations to keep the doors open?

It’s not just the animal world.  There are church groups, civic groups, and any number of others that have small payrolls.  How much will Obamacare cost them?  How many will it put out of business?

No problem.  I’m sure Barack was thinking of just this when he exploded the funding for groups like uber charity ACORN.  I wonder how soon all these super funded nonprofits will take to pick up the slack?

A poster on one blog said the ‘the government already takes care of all these charities and causes’…I wonder how many charities on Main Street are checking the mail every day for their bailout? 

It seems like a government run, friendlier version of the United Way.  They just don't take no for an answer, and giving is not voluntary.

It seems like charity only goes to super global charity and nonprofit organizations, completely bypassing Main Street.

These are wonderous times we live in.  Large global corporations and businesses with secret dealings, large uber charities to take care of all the causes…I can’t imagine life getting any better…

my opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.