April 25, 2024, 07:51:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #561 12/16 - 12/18/2006  (Read 109087 times)
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2006, 03:14:44 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
When Kock said that an offer had been made, but the Kalpoes turned it down, I wonder if it actually wasn't the other way around.  Perhaps the Kalpoe's told Dr. Phil's people that they would settle for xxx amount of dollars in exchange for not fileing a suit and Dr. Phil told them where to go.

Katysmom - I would believe this before I'd believe Dr. Phil offered a genuine settlement.  I would believe Dr. Phil offered a settlement that would entice them to visit the US, though.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2006, 03:17:55 PM »

Whoever has the deepest pockets usually wins.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2006, 03:24:10 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
This from the Paramount statement in the last thread is very interesting, IMHO:

In a parting shot in its statement, Paramount says, "We also intend to discover who or what has motivated this lawsuit from the Kalpoe brothers, two of the primary suspects in Natalee’s disappearance and two of the last people seen driving away with her in their car."

Mishy could you re find that and bring all it here ? I missed it and want to read it and savor it.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 03:24:33 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Whoever has the deepest pockets usually wins.

PRECISELY!

The Kalpoes lawyers may think the water is pretty cold.

..but JQK, knows that is DEEP, AS WELL!!!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2006, 03:25:34 PM »

GO JQK!  Smile

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2006, 03:27:17 PM »

From Dr. Phil's website :

From Dr. Phil’s Website: All new monday…. New developments in the Natalee Holloway case. Beth and I are back together again in the continued quest for justice for her daughter Natalee Holloway.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2006, 03:27:53 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"
Quote from: "Katysmom"
When Kock said that an offer had been made, but the Kalpoes turned it down, I wonder if it actually wasn't the other way around.  Perhaps the Kalpoe's told Dr. Phil's people that they would settle for xxx amount of dollars in exchange for not fileing a suit and Dr. Phil told them where to go.

Katysmom - I would believe this before I'd believe Dr. Phil offered a genuine settlement.  I would believe Dr. Phil offered a settlement that would entice them to visit the US, though.

Negotiations of this kind can be used to find out (1) what the other party wants and (2) what they've got - how strong do they feel their case is.  It's like a district attorney offering a plea bargain.  If the DA has a strong case, they're less likely to offer a plea deal.  

Also, I'd bet that Deepak thinks that even if he loses, he'll be in the news and make a name for himself.  Magazines, talk shows, publishers will pay him for interviews and appearances.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »

Just posted by MF at FOB.  This is the kind of BS you would expect from them.

Remember when Uncle Jossy said this on TV las night?:

Jossy: "Well they did confess it, we had the tape analyzed by some experts in Venezuela, it's a legitimate tape and they did admit to having sex but not only on the tape, they admitted to having sex with the girl when she was going in and out of consciousness in the car".

Well, the problem is, the Kalpoe Lawyers have the scientific evidence that the tape was manipulated and edited to show that they said "she did" instead of "no, she didn't" and "how simple it was" instead of "how simple it was that night" from the N.F.I. AND AN AMERICAN LAB IN CALIFORNIA.

The results were definite: the tapes were edited, not only for time lapse on the Drd. Phil show, but to change what the Kalpoe kid said!

I think the Kalpoes and the posters at RU and FOB are in for a big surprise when it comes to the tape  Wink
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/

It's in this paper, but number three down is also very interesting.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2006, 03:35:52 PM »

PARAMOUNT Studios Speaks

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=842d5b63-98c9-4603-8e5e-b8c93c596c2d&page=2

He usually focuses on relationship problems, but even Dr. Phil couldn't resist joining the media circus surrounding the Natalie Holloway case. And now it may cost him.

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, teenage brothers who were once considered prime suspects in the 18-year-old's May 30, 2005, disappearance while vacationing in Aruba, is suing the Dr. Phil show, claiming they were defamed on national TV.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accuses McGraw, along with private investigator Jamie Skeeters and the CBS Television Group, of committing libel and slander, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy by editing and airing an interview between Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe to suggest the brothers somehow committed a crime.

The show's producer, Paramount Studios, slammed the lawsuit. "We stand by the integrity of the Dr. Phil show, our editing process and the accuracy of the program that we aired. We will vigorously defend against these baseless claims."

The episode in question aired Sept. 15, 2005, on the nationally syndicated show, days after the brothers were released from custody by Aruban police. Holloway was last seen getting in a car with the siblings and Dutch teen Joran Van Der Sloot, but authorities said they lacked sufficient evidence to hold the teens, in part because investigators could not determine whether Holloway was dead or alive since her body had yet to be found.

The complaint states that Skeeter secretly videotaped an interview with Deepak Kalpoe and then aired the illicit recording on Dr. Phil—after cutting it in such a way as to "create false, incriminating and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

Per court documents, McGraw & Co. specifically implied that the siblings slipped Holloway a date-rape drug, forced her to have nonconsensual sex and then supposedly aided in killing her and hiding the body, allegations which the Kalpoes and Van Der Sloot have denied.

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba."

The suit claims Deepak Kalpoe agreed to the sit-down with the P.I. in the assumption that Skeeter might help clear him and his brother. Skeeter allegedly told Kalpoe that the gruff McGraw was a "god" who could "influence a country" and help their case.

After months of searching for the missing young woman, Aruban investigators shifted their probe away from the brothers and Van Der Sloot to pursue other leads. The case remains unsolved.

A lawyer for the Kalpoes could not be reached for comment Friday. Their suit seeks unspecified general, special and punitive damages.

In a parting shot in its statement, Paramount says, "We also intend to discover who or what has motivated this lawsuit from the Kalpoe brothers, two of the primary suspects in Natalee’s disappearance and two of the last people seen driving away with her in their car."

Shortly after the Kalpoes took legal action against Dr. Phil, Holloway's parents fired back.

Beth Twitty and Dave Holloway filed a civil wrongful-death suit against the teens Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accusing them of causing their daughter's death by "intentionally, negligently, wantonly...unlawfully conducting themselves" in a way that brought about fatal injuries.

"All we want is justice for our daughter. There is no doubt in my mind that Deepak and Satish played a role in my daughter's death and should be held accountable," Beth Twitty said. "It is unconscionable that they have not been punished so far."
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Jossy: "Well they did confess it, we had the tape analyzed by some experts in Venezuela, it's a legitimate tape and they did admit to having sex but not only on the tape, they admitted to having sex with the girl when she was going in and out of consciousness in the car".

Well, the problem is, the Kalpoe Lawyers have the scientific evidence that the tape was manipulated and edited to show that they said "she did" instead of "no, she didn't" and "how simple it was" instead of "how simple it was that night" from the N.F.I. AND AN AMERICAN LAB IN CALIFORNIA.

The results were definite: the tapes were edited, not only for time lapse on the Drd. Phil show, but to change what the Kalpoe kid said!

I think the Kalpoes and the posters at RU and FOB are in for a big surprise when it comes to the tape  Wink

Well, who is to say what tape the Kaploes had ?
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »

who is STUPIDER ??   <------------------LOL

the k2 brothers or the idiotic lawyers  Twisted Evil

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but as to what was a genuine copy of what was on Skeeters hard drive already certified as being unaltered ?
If there is a question as to what was said and what wasn't said, it's Skeeters vs Deepak.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2006, 03:42:36 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Correct me if I am wrong, but as to what was a genuine copy of what was on Skeeters hard drive already certified as being unaltered ?
If there is a question as to what was said and what wasn't said, it's Skeeters vs Deepak.

According to Skeeters and many others "in the know", there is NO DOUBT Deepak said DID.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 03:43:26 PM »

OK - got to leave now.  See you all later!
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2006, 03:45:37 PM »

Kat, it is possible that the only tape the Kalpoes and their attorneys have is the one that the Arubans tampered with and modified to reflect their own interpretation.  It might not be identical to the original tape the FBI holds.  If this is the case, Deepak and Satish have lied to their attorneys.  That won't be pretty.

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2006, 03:47:01 PM »

We have been over this time and time before regarding this tape.  The only part of the tape I ever heard is what was on the news.  It is clear to me that Aruba did something to the tape.  Yes I know it was edited for the show because quite frankly it had to be because there is not enough time to show the tape on one show.  It will be just one more headline to show how corrupt Aruba is and just how far they will go.

I can't wait to see if Deepak shows up or not.  As soon as they see him there will be hatred from everyone because you could tell he is just such an evil individual to try and capitalize on a murder he helped commit.  Either way this sheds a bad light on Aruba.

I wonder if Paulus is uncapping the well in his back yard to put Deepak in there.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2006, 03:48:20 PM »

Quote from: "San"

I wonder if Paulus is uncapping the well in his back yard to put Deepak in there.

I bet he would like to add Deepak to the well.

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2006, 03:49:16 PM »

Quote from: "San"

We have been over this time and time before regarding this tape.  The only part of the tape I ever heard is what was on the news.  It is clear to me that Aruba did something to the tape.  Yes I know it was edited for the show because quite frankly it had to be because there is not enough time to show the tape on one show.  It will be just one more headline to show how corrupt Aruba is and just how far they will go.

I can't wait to see if Deepak shows up or not.  As soon as they see him there will be hatred from everyone because you could tell he is just such an evil individual to try and capitalize on a murder he helped commit.  Either way this sheds a bad light on Aruba.

By the way I clearly think he said "she did".

Deepak is a demon.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »

There should be no problem with verifying what Deepak said as the FBI have the original harddrive (tape).  The testimony of the FBI will leave no doubt as to what Deepak said.  I have no doubt the judge will accept this as fact.  Time will tell.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.