April 27, 2024, 04:01:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #561 12/16 - 12/18/2006  (Read 109346 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #360 on: December 17, 2006, 12:56:12 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Blah:  Leaving Quebec too.  The border quards asks :
1. Where were you born?
2. Where do you live?
3. What is the purpose of your visit to the US?
4. How long will you be staying?
Have a nice trip...

thats the exact same questions they ask here and I'm pretty sure they dont even listen to the answers  Laughing  Laughing
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #361 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:09 PM »

here is the BOTTOM LINE

Joran did not get rid of the body by himself

so what we have is more than 1 PERSON that knows what happened  

when more than 1 person knows, all are nervous
because they never know when the SNEAKER will drop  Twisted Evil

it is coming...slowly but surely

never a doubt

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: December 17, 2006, 01:00:25 PM »

I have been trying to read through Kalpoe lawsuit..
Looks like they forgot to add Allison Dubios to there lawsuit
I mean hell she came and said they were guilty and Paul also

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #363 on: December 17, 2006, 01:00:40 PM »

What if the person is your Dad and his buddy ?
They aren't going to admit to complicity.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: December 17, 2006, 01:01:05 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
Would anyone know which Ari-bay video
shows the inside of the Tattoo? TIA!

They were uploaded in April 2005:

http://www.aru-bay.com/images/smallmovie5.mov
http://www.aru-bay.com/images/smallmovie6.mov
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:57 PM »

Florida:  I was trying to respond to your email but it froze my Outlook!  I guess I should not have clicked on reply to email!  I will go over to Outlook Express and answer you.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #366 on: December 17, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »

Thanks, Klaas!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: December 17, 2006, 01:23:08 PM »

Maybe on the way out the door from Aruba to Surinam , luggage in hand in the garbage bags, Deepak will " remember" the conversations with Paulus. When he has nothing to lose. If they don't lay any charges by May or June of 2007, then he is almost home free on any lesser charges, isn't he ?
It will be a long time before the Deepak suit goes forward. And there certainly will be alot of blather and mis statement of fact on the networks. Like the former suspect thing.
I am pinning my hopes on Devries. And Jossy. The American Networks
are too concened with the ' entertainment ' value of a program. And sound bites.  
Did I miss any true investigative reporting on this case by Americans ?
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #368 on: December 17, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Florida:  I was trying to respond to your email but it froze my Outlook!  I guess I should not have clicked on reply to email!  I will go over to Outlook Express and answer you.

Sending to Yahoo?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: December 17, 2006, 01:31:29 PM »

KatGram,

Well, we wouldn't have any reporting on this if not for the American reporters.  I think they did the best they could considering they were up against a brick wall from the get go.  They did not have the connections of deVries nor the clout of Jossy and had a language problem besides the concerted effort to misinform.  Odds were against any information getting out.

What does an ex-marine look like?  I have a dear friend who is a Marine now and she is a black female, just wondering how she is going to look in the future.   Shocked

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: December 17, 2006, 01:34:18 PM »

O/T

On LMN there is right now a movie entitled "Stranded" described as Female Friends start to mysteriously disappear on a remote Caribbean Island.   And it is made in 2006.

So I guess the dangers are creeping into the national psyche.   Shocked

And Aruba thinks this will just go away if they stall and confab and obfuscate enough?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #371 on: December 17, 2006, 01:35:37 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Tyler, that was so sweet..... Crying or Very sad

And, since you always know the answer to these questions I have an O/T question for you.....
We are going to Illinois for the holidays and my orange tree is loaded with yummy , juicy oranges and I would like to take some with me to share with my family as they so enjoy them. Do you have any suggestions as to the best way to handle them? TYIA

Oh, you are sweet.  Can you get some kind of bedding straw and put it in a big box, preferably something constructed of wood but if not heavy cardboard or even a cheap ice chest from a mart.  Then kind of snuggle the bedding straw in between them.  IT's just to prevent them from rubbing and bruising each other.

If that is not possible, try getting some absorbent white tissue paper like you put in gift bags just so they won't be rubbing against each other.

I wish I had a tree full of oranges.  Smile  I bought a Meyer lemon this year and am praying that we do not get a hard freeze that kills it.

Tyler, I agree with Cubbee.  What a nice post.

Cubbee, when I am trying to figure out the best way to do things, if possible, I look to see what the professional in that field would do.

In the case of your oranges, could you ask a market produce manager to give you some of those neat cardboard dividers that come from the orange cases at the market (the ones that look like oversized egg crates without lids)?  At our market, the produce manager is very cooperative in letting me have things like certain size boxes, etc., so maybe he would give you an orange box with the dividers to fit.

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: December 17, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »

Hey monkeys! Just wanted to stick my head in before I take my daughter to a birthday party...I left a note for Altrust in the o/t thread for when she wakes up!

Hugs and have a wonderful day...It's gorgeous and warm today in AL!!

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: December 17, 2006, 01:46:02 PM »

O/T

Major developments expected Sunday in search for climbers, officials say

Story Updated: Dec 17, 2006 at 10:44 AM PST

By JOSEPH B. FRAZIER Associated Press WriterHOOD RIVER, Ore. (AP) - Search teams headed for the summit of Mount Hood on Sunday, hoping to find the snow cave where one of three missing climbers made a distress call a week ago as well as any other signs of the stranded mountaineers.

Rescue official also said Sunday that air search teams had spotted some "positive" signs that are helping them narrow their search to specific areas on the mountain.

Capt. Christopher Bernard, of the Air Force Reserve's 304th Rescue Squadron, wouldn't say exactly what was spotted, other than it is "climbing specific."

Search teams are headed to those areas where indicators where found.

"We found some very positive things up there, and that's what we have to look into," said Sgt. Sean Collinson of the Clackamas County sheriff's office. "But again, it's just determining whether we can get to see these things close up and to do it safely...

"In the next few hours, I would expect some major developments. But until that time, we just have to go with what we have right now."

Rescue teams hope to find any sign of the climbers, particularly the snow cave where one of the climbers' is believed to have made a cell phone call.

Teams are headed toward the summit up the north and south sides of the mountain.

Searchers got close to the 11,239-foot summit Saturday, reaching 10,600 feet before nightfall and worsening conditions forced them off the mountain. With the weather colder but clearer Sunday, they set out again from 6,000 feet and planned to make it to the top, officials said.

"Searchers will be able to see a long way down and a long way up" because of the better visibility, Collinson said.

Crews expected to make better time in their ascent thanks to a path they beat in the snow Saturday, said Sgt. Gerry Tiffany, of the Hood River County sheriff's office.

The teams on the mountain were to be joined for a third day by a Nevada Air National Guard C-130 cargo plane equipped with infrared heat sensors that could detect a person against the cold backdrop of snow.

There has been no communication from Kelly James, 48, of Dallas, 37-year-old Brian Hall of Dallas, or 36-year-old Jerry "Nikko" Cooke of New York City since Dec. 10, when James used his cell phone to call his family. He told them he was sheltering in a snow cave while his companions started back down the mountain, apparently to get help for him.

The last clue to their whereabouts was a brief signal returned from James' cell phone Tuesday.

On Saturday, the cold hobbled rescue efforts as some searchers had to come down because of facial frostbite.

However, that cold was accompanied by a temporary break in weeklong stormy conditions, paving the way for the biggest push yet since the three men were reported missing on what was to have been a quick climb to the peak.

Hood River County Sheriff Joe Wampler said Saturday that the odds of finding the three alive would improve if they kept the sleeping bags they had said they were taking with them. Some climbers stash gear to lighten their load as they climb, picking it up on the way back down, but Wampler said no stashes had been found.

At a news conference earlier Saturday, the mothers of the three climbers choked back tears as they expressed hope their sons would be found.

"I want the mountain to release our sons," said Cooke's mother, Maria Kim. "The mountain has no right to keep our sons."

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Find this article at:
http://www.katu.com/news/4939596.html
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #374 on: December 17, 2006, 01:50:36 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
In Aruba, I don't know if they have to keep extending their visas but you never want to be out of country when thing lapses either. That might be why he didn't come here before. Can't apply for a continuation if you are not there.
Does anyone know how much Fox paid Joran for the fluffy thing with Greta ?
As for lawyers on these shows, ask 10 of them the same question, get 10 answers that are different.
Solution : Never ask a lawyer a question.
Deepak also broke the rule that if someone offers you $$$$$$$ cash for something, you take it.  Even more so if what you have to offer has a shelf life. He wanted more than 4 million for his story, give me a break.

Greta said that they did not pay Joran for the interview.

This is often said with a straight face by those who HAVE paid bigtime for an interview, but the "goods" are not paid in cash directly to the interviewee.  Their expenses are fully covered, and there are all kinds of ways to funnel money to someone without paying them directly.  Sorry to say.

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #375 on: December 17, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Tacky's prediction: K2s will walk away from the Dr. Phil suit and will never be deposed.

I DOUBT THAT!

Is there "discovery" in a civil case?

Hope to shout!

Depositions
Interrogatories
Request for Admissions
Request for Statement of Damages
Subpoena of business records
Subpoena duces tecum which is a
Subpoena for witness to appear in person in connection with documents
Demand for inspection of documents and things
Demand for inspection of physical location(s)

I'm sure there are more, just these came to mind quickly.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: December 17, 2006, 01:59:04 PM »

I'll respond to your comments in Red:  

Quote from: "Anna"

Good Morning, Monkeys,

Have been busy reading all the posts and comments and had just a few random thoughts to share this morning.

Testimony is given in court, depositions taken out of court.  So will the Plaintiffs in the Dr. Phil case be required to give testimony in person?  I would think other parties involved might be allowed to submit depositions only but surely the plaintiffs must appear in person?  This would vary by state and have no idea what California says in this regard.

I'd be interested in knowing how they determine who is going to show up to testify in person and who can be deposed.   I can't imagine the Kalpoe's attorneys would have them NOT show up in person.  What would the jury think?  That Beth really has hired a hitman?  Hopefully there are no crazy Beth supporters who will do anything dumb when these guys get to LA.  We need to discourage any vigilantes if we hear/see of such talk.  That would only be bad for Beth, Truth and Justice.  

Even if Beth is not present, it is going to be difficult to find twelve people in the jury pool, usually taken from registered voters, who have not seen her face.  Compare and contrast with Ratface Boys.  No contest.  I hear Nadira behind all of this pushing, pushing, pushing just as she did for demanding the apology from Beth.  Remember that?  They made Beth apologize for calling those criminals criminals or else they would stop the investigation and even demonstrated in the streets AGAINST the mother of the missing Natalee.  They can't find it in their warped hearts to demonstrate FOR her but did against her.

Few people will have not heard about this case, but many will not have followed it or know that much about it.  If they lose, they'll blame those arrogant Americans.  It's what they do.  The protests against Nancy, Beth and the KIA filming incident is why I don't feel too sorry for the Aruban population in general (although I feel no animosity).  Rather than being concerned about the missing person and a thorough and honest investigation, they close their eyes to the corruption and get offended.  The negative comments about Natalee and Beth are their way of making them "disposable".  Who cares about these people, we have to protect ourselves.  Natalee doesn't matter.  If a prostitute goes missing, if a homeless person dies, it doesn't usually get front page coverage.  If a dishonest obnoxious person with low or no moral standards doesn't get justice, who cares?  So they reduced Natalee and Beth to something beneath themselves.  Something less than what they are.  Made pulling down the shades more palatable to them.  JMO

Don't cry for me, Argentina!

And while juries in that area have been known to side with the bad guys in the past, that was not with Dr. Phil participating in their selection.  This is what he was doing professionally when he met Oprah.  Remember when the buffoons of the Dark Side said she would fire him over this?  Brahahahaha!!  He makes her $50 mil a year and I dare say this is more than any other considerations she might have in this regard.

Oprah would cut the apron strings if she thought Dr. Phil had done something wrong.  If she knows he's on the side of what's good and right and true, she'll back him up with all she's got.  

I also think Greta was truly miffed that Beth went to the Internet Caf
e with another network and that seemed to be a cooling off point between them.  No proof of that, just my perception or over active imagination, whichever you chose to think.

But warped mindset of those on Aruba who see black as white and up as down are behind this.  I still fail to grasp how they think or why they think as they do as it is contrary to all logic and just unfathomable.

They live in a rather insular environment and aren't used to outside scrutiny.  Thus the strong resentment to Beth and the US media.  They also seem to have their own reality going on there.  

And do keep in mind that that transcript as Spooky pointed out is by Roger and the Church ladies so I just can't trust it as I am sure Deepak was given every consideration possible throughout.  Skeeters is a professional at what he does and while his questioning techniques may seem rather flawed, I think he was putting Deepak at ease more than anything, making Deepak think this was not being recorded despite having been told that Skeeters reserved the right to do so at any time.

I think the tape is claimed to have come from ALE and that is the one which sounds funny.  Not like the one played by Skeeters on TV.

I do think someone altered the tape to sound like Skeeters and Dr. Phil were lying.  The question is who?  This concerns me.  Like witnesses changing their statements or statements disappearing.  

We have yet to see any of the computer or cell phone records for Deepak for the night of Natalee's disappearance, right?  Without those, it is difficult to assess much as far as the alleged communications.  When I have time, I will look for Joran also saying they made lots of chatter was his word.  And then recall the virus entered the Sloot computer very timely that night and is was allegedly flooded with other stuff per the report?  What other stuff?  Was it the transmission of an eight and a half minute video of something or other?

Just random thoughts. . . . .

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #377 on: December 17, 2006, 01:59:13 PM »

San, first, thank you for all the transcripts you do for all of us.

As to this statement of Taco:  He said the Kalpoes will probably walk away from the lawsuit and they will never get deposed in the United States.

Technically I think he is probably right because DK or SK would probably be noticed to have his deposition taken in Aruba or wherever he is living at the time it is to be taken.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: December 17, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Maybe on the way out the door from Aruba to Surinam , luggage in hand in the garbage bags, Deepak will " remember" the conversations with Paulus. When he has nothing to lose. If they don't lay any charges by May or June of 2007, then he is almost home free on any lesser charges, isn't he ?
It will be a long time before the Deepak suit goes forward. And there certainly will be alot of blather and mis statement of fact on the networks. Like the former suspect thing.
I am pinning my hopes on Devries. And Jossy. The American Networks
are too concened with the ' entertainment ' value of a program. And sound bites.  
Did I miss any true investigative reporting on this case by Americans ?

They certainly seemed more concerned with getting footage and interviews than any down and dirty undercover investigations.  But like Anna said, they don't have sources there and there is a language problem.  I do think that Dr. Phil or JQK or both have had people working this covertly.  Like DeVries, we don't know what all they and the FBI have.  Remember that the FBI was there and though kept out of much of what was going on, they know more than we do.  

The "Iceberg Principle":   what you read/hear/see is a small portion of what's there.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #379 on: December 17, 2006, 02:13:27 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Quote from: "Altruist"
I just finished copying & pasting it into my word processing program, it was all done in tables, so got rid of that for my own purposes.

Am going to post it now.

Thanks. I think we need it in it's entirety to actually see what is going on.  Maybe Dr. Phil will play the entire tape on his show.  It has a better effect when you actually hear it for yourself.  Sympathy goes right out the door for the poor, pitiful Kalpoes.

Unfortunately, my money is on that original tape not seeing the light of day where the public can get at it until (maybe) there is a trial.  The first things insurance defense lawyers do is tell their clients...all of them...to not reveal anything that could be evidence, also not to talk publicly about the case.  I am surprised that Dr. Phil is saying anything at all on Monday but will wait to see what is actually said.  Maybe only what we already know that is already "out there" publicly.  JMO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.