March 28, 2024, 06:21:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #561 12/16 - 12/18/2006  (Read 106765 times)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2006, 09:48:15 PM »

I have long believed that the people behind all this are old-guard veterans in the fields of entertainment and mass media. They KNOW public relations and marketing and they know how to influence and mold minds.

Aruba was always a difficult "sell", but at some point in the 80's, it blossomed. Someone "reinvented" the place in the eyes of the public and found a way to market it and get people to want to go there. It went from desert speck in the ocean to a playground of the Caribbean almost overnight.

The Arubans LIVE by media, marketing, PR, "spin", so forth.

Such people also tend to be consummate LIARS... at best, they can generously be said to be "creative" with the truth.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2006, 09:49:43 PM »

Well, I think Deepak got screwed over by the Sloots. But I have no sympathy for him as he displays no manly characteristics. He also appears too nerdy for a jury to identify with. Can't see him making any friends in the USA in a court room or otherwise.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2006, 09:50:09 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
There is a definite feeling that the good guys are mounting a comeback in this case.

I was extremely concerned, with the ny judge's ruling, that it would just have nowhere else to go for life. Every realistic avenue seemed like it was exhausted. There is looking like there is hope again now.

With Jensen and DeVries getting more information out there, there's even the possibility that they could look to the Netherlands if all else failed.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2006, 09:51:02 PM »

BTW, Kat_Gram, thanks for the info about the 5-year thing. That would not stop Deepak from coming here.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2006, 09:54:32 PM »

Welcome back Klaas.  Just in time for The Line up.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2006, 09:55:14 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Well, I think Deepak got screwed over by the Sloots. But I have no sympathy for him as he displays no manly characteristics. He also appears too nerdy for a jury to identify with. Can't see him making any friends in the USA in a court room or otherwise.

Yea, but jury's always feel sorry for the little guy getting screwed by the rich and powerful.  That's why things like the "slut" portions of the tape are important.  Also, Deepak lying, even when the guards were arrested.  Deepak telling JCCroes he had sexual contact with Natalee and then saying it was to mislead authorities, talking to Skeeters about making money off of this in AUGUST OF 2005!  These are all things that will make him look bad.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »

In Aruba, I don't know if they have to keep extending their visas but you never want to be out of country when thing lapses either. That might be why he didn't come here before. Can't apply for a continuation if you are not there.
Does anyone know how much Fox paid Joran for the fluffy thing with Greta ?
As for lawyers on these shows, ask 10 of them the same question, get 10 answers that are different.
Solution : Never ask a lawyer a question.
Deepak also broke the rule that if someone offers you $$$$$$$ cash for something, you take it.  Even more so if what you have to offer has a shelf life. He wanted more than 4 million for his story, give me a break.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2006, 09:59:50 PM »

Quote from: "Altruist"
OK, figured it out.

Klaas only has segment one through five of the Skeeters Tape transcript posted.   That's why the slut & rascist remarks are not there.

I will try to get the rest six through eleven & post it on that thread so we have it in total & don't have to waste scrux broadband for referencing purposes.

I'm way behind but I copied all of them.  Wonder what happened?  I did copy and paste it fairly quickly though  Wink
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2006, 10:02:34 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Are we 100% SURE that the US can't enforce a subpoena in Aruba? I think they can compel a deposition in any country which has diplomatic relations with us.

Not sure, but I can't imagine the Plaintiffs can enter affidavits or statements without the Defendants getting a crack at them.  I'm wondering about Skeeters recording Deepak and Deepak not consenting to the use of the tape on TV.  Is it illegal in Aruba to tape someone without their knowledge?  Is it illegal to use that tape on TV when that person is a suspect in a murder investigation?  Does a P.I. have an obligation to be honest with someone he's interviewing, especially if that person is a suspect?  I keep thinking of that promo from the TV show "Shark" - It's not about the law, it's about what 12 people think is right.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

Yea, but jury's always feel sorry for the little guy getting screwed by the rich and powerful.  That's why things like the "slut" portions of the tape are important.  Also, Deepak lying, even when the guards were arrested.  Deepak telling JCCroes he had sexual contact with Natalee and then saying it was to mislead authorities, talking to Skeeters about making money off of this in AUGUST OF 2005!  These are all things that will make him look bad.

I agree. He is the little guy, but he is still a rat. If he had been punished for his role in this while Joran laffed it up as he tends to do, he might be a more sympathetic persona. But in my mind, he is just as guilty as Joran. And worse in a way becasue he could have prevented it and Natalee would not be gone.
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2006, 10:03:20 PM »

Florida, you've been to Aruba, why are they so wierd about this case there ?

Not sure what you mean exactly...
IMO...The native Aruban people are wonderful people that turned their island over to Dutch and "Americans in Aruba" with big bucks. Along with this came the corruption, sex, drugs and whatever. It's my opinion that it is "bigger than Joran"...The reason for the cover-up. For the truth to be brought forward, the island would probably not survive...or not as it has. The Arubans are very fearful people.

Recently, Aruba proposed a new 12% sales tax...The Arubans feel it will really hit their pockets. Are they now having to pay for "Joran's investigation"?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2006, 10:06:16 PM »

I am not even sure what I meant. It's like they are siding with the criminals.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2006, 10:08:30 PM »

In Aruba, I don't know if they have to keep extending their visas but you never want to be out of country when thing lapses either. That might be why he didn't come here before. Can't apply for a continuation if you are not there.
As for lawyers on these shows, ask 10 of them the same question, get 10 answers that are different.
Deepak also broke the rule that if someone offers you $$$$$$$ cash for something, you take it.  Even more so if what you have to offer has a shelf life. He wanted more than 4 million for his story, give me a break.

While Deepak hasn't been convicted of a crime and also isn't subject to the U.S. law of someone not profiting from their crime, if Dr. Phil can establish that there's reasonable suspicion that this guy was involved and he's getting away with it because of corruption in Aruba, he'll get creamed by a jury for wanting to profit from it - claiming in August '05 that he wanted money for his story !  Book deals, movies, blah blah blah.  Meanwhile, he's still a suspect and even if he gets off in Aruba, there is plenty of evidence to show what a low life this guy is - Dr. Phil's people just have to get in into the courtroom for the jury to see.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »

Well, they sure haven't done much to show they are siding with the victim.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2006, 10:12:28 PM »

Greta said that they did not pay Joran for the interview.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2006, 10:13:06 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
Florida, you've been to Aruba, why are they so wierd about this case there ?

Not sure what you mean exactly...
IMO...The native Aruban people are wonderful people that turned their island over to Dutch and "Americans in Aruba" with big bucks. Along with this came the corruption, sex, drugs and whatever. It's my opinion that it is "bigger than Joran"...The reason for the cover-up. For the truth to be brought forward, the island would probably not survive...or not as it has. The Arubans are very fearful people.

Recently, Aruba proposed a new 12% sales tax...The Arubans feel it will really hit their pockets. Are they now having to pay for "Joran's investigation"?

And I think Jossy is trying to fight the Dutch and Americans-with-big-bucks who are taking care of their own at the expense of the Arubans.  He's one of the few who have the resources - money and a powerful family - to wage this battle.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2006, 10:17:14 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"

Greta said that they did not pay Joran for the interview.

Yeah, it almost looked like it was the other way around.
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2006, 10:19:34 PM »

I see it as:  The Dutch "powers" in Aruba (Political & Investors)
& the "American's in Aruba" (Media &Investors) are siding with Joran.
Joran is definitely responsible...but, to me it looks like there may be more people involved. The reason for the widespread cover-up & certain people leaving Aruba abruptly.  
The Kalpoe's were meant to be scapegoats.

There is a "brotherhood" among the men in Aruba...Not sure what it is exactly...It's as though they made sure all the powerful men were included in the disappearance of Natalee....Not sure the Kalpoes knew what they were getting themserlves into.....JMO.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2006, 10:20:18 PM »

Carnut  you are funny, but I can see what you mean.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2006, 10:21:41 PM »

The site meter says 2% Netherlands.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.