March 28, 2024, 03:07:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #561 12/16 - 12/18/2006  (Read 106817 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: December 17, 2006, 03:59:06 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "Anna"
KatGram,

Well, we wouldn't have any reporting on this if not for the American reporters.  I think they did the best they could considering they were up against a brick wall from the get go.  They did not have the connections of deVries nor the clout of Jossy and had a language problem besides the concerted effort to misinform.  Odds were against any information getting out.

What does an ex-marine look like?  I have a dear friend who is a Marine now and she is a black female, just wondering how she is going to look in the future.   Shocked

Men that look like they don't take no crap. Marine tatoos on the extra large bicep. Gun in holster. Boots. More tatoos . The short cropped hair.
A manner of speaking that demands you listen up real good.  
Don't know how your friend will look. Depends on what she looked like before.
And as for the American Media... always the teasers and then a little blip of fluff. Didn't the Phil show come out with some chit about her being in a sex slave place ?. Now that was reponsible wasn't it ? There has been quite a bit of mis information in this case. Problem : Aruba not having the same spokeperson and reporters not fact checking before they came on the air and sensationalize with their bits of nonsence and tid bits. And what else, I do not know.
In England and here, evidence is never disclosed by the AG before a case goes to trial. Same kind of laws in Aruba. So, the silence that came from Aruba AG  left it open for the media to say whatever they wanted to.

Regarding the prudence of remaining mum, I see what you are saying, but you simply cannot equate England's laws with Aruba's laws and lump them all into the same basket as if they were equal; Aruban laws are really inferior. Also, all of our United States Marines do not fall into your visual. You do not have to look like what you describe to be strong, vigilant, brave and be Semper Fi.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: December 17, 2006, 04:02:31 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "Ono"
Quote from: "Katysmom"
I did not know Greta had said that about the cash thing.
Going to get a tv guide today to see if Phil is on later where I live.

I believe she said that all they pay for are transportation and hotel costs.

Yes, when all this dis-information came up months ago regarding FOX paying for interviews....No payment whatsoever for interviews, period...just expenses.

I wonder if "expenses" include Anita's makeover for her interview with Kimberly.   Shocked I wonder how long that transformation took.   Question

What transformation? A shampoo & set? Rolling Eyes If that was a makeover, then send me to another salon. Shocked
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: December 17, 2006, 04:06:27 PM »

There is a reason why I don't get Fox. Greta, Geraldo, many more names.
Look at the way they did the John Mark Karr  thing...
Overdone, and sensationalized or just plain C%^P.

It's too bad you have decided to not expose yourself to the most unbiased of all the cable networks. FOX is not perfect, but FOX is the truly the most fair and balanced and the most up-to-date of all networks---MSM and Cable, with the news.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: December 17, 2006, 04:09:51 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Appeals"
Quote from: "AZSunny"
In Aruba, I don't know if they have to keep extending their visas but you never want to be out of country when thing lapses either. That might be why he didn't come here before. Can't apply for a continuation if you are not there.
Does anyone know how much Fox paid Joran for the fluffy thing with Greta ?
As for lawyers on these shows, ask 10 of them the same question, get 10 answers that are different.
Solution : Never ask a lawyer a question.
Deepak also broke the rule that if someone offers you $$$$$$$ cash for something, you take it.  Even more so if what you have to offer has a shelf life. He wanted more than 4 million for his story, give me a break.

Greta said that they did not pay Joran for the interview.

This is often said with a straight face by those who HAVE paid bigtime for an interview, but the "goods" are not paid in cash directly to the interviewee.  Their expenses are fully covered, and there are all kinds of ways to funnel money to someone without paying them directly.  Sorry to say.

DING DING DING DING

However, I will add, had Greta been paying the K2 such outrageous funds, why did Mama Kalpoe call the cops on Greta?

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Mama would have served milk & cookies to Greta.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: December 17, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Few people will have not heard about this case, but many will not have followed it or know that much about it. If they lose, they'll blame those arrogant Americans. It's what they do. The protests against Nancy, Beth and the KIA filming incident is why I don't feel too sorry for the Aruban population in general (although I feel no animosity). Rather than being concerned about the missing person and a thorough and honest investigation, they close their eyes to the corruption and get offended. The negative comments about Natalee and Beth are their way of making them "disposable". Who cares about these people, we have to protect ourselves. Natalee doesn't matter. If a prostitute goes missing, if a homeless person dies, it doesn't usually get front page coverage. If a dishonest obnoxious person with low or no moral standards doesn't get justice, who cares? So they reduced Natalee and Beth to something beneath themselves. Something less than what they are. Made pulling down the shades more palatable to them. JMO

from Lilpuma post....

great observation....

That is greatly stated.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: December 17, 2006, 04:19:52 PM »

What does an ex-marine look like?  I have a dear friend who is a Marine now and she is a black female, just wondering how she is going to look in the future.   Shocked

Men that look like they don't take no crap. Marine tatoos on the extra large bicep. Gun in holster. Boots. More tatoos . The short cropped hair.
A manner of speaking that demands you listen up real good.  
Don't know how your friend will look. Depends on what she looked like before.
And as for the American Media... always the teasers and then a little blip of fluff. Didn't the Phil show come out with some chit about her being in a sex slave place ?. Now that was reponsible wasn't it ? There has been quite a bit of mis information in this case. Problem : Aruba not having the same spokeperson and reporters not fact checking before they came on the air and sensationalize with their bits of nonsence and tid bits. And what else, I do not know.
In England and here, evidence is never disclosed by the AG before a case goes to trial. Same kind of laws in Aruba. So, the silence that came from Aruba AG  left it open for the media to say whatever they wanted to.

No, that doesn't sound like my friend at all.  She has short hair sometimes but cornrows and a weave at other times with lots of tiny long braids.  I think she is too dark to have any tattoos at all as they would not show up.  As for boots and a gun, I am sure there is some sort of standard uniform they are required to wear and not likely reflective of personal taste in dress.

That doesn't sound like any Marines I know, in fact.  Sounds more like stereotyping.  I am surprised a Border Guard uniform would allow for visible biceps in the first place.  Must be warmer on the northern border than the southern one cause you sure can't see that much skin down here.

Of course, Dr. Phil has nothing to do with Fox but if not for Greta and Geraldo, I think we would know far less than we do or nothing at all.  I would imagine it is difficult to fill an hour every night without covering some things some people may not like.  With 24 hour news, all kinds of things get aired that perhaps would not on a network news hour.

Guess that's what the OFF switch is for.

Terrific post, Anna!  Of the United States' Marines friends that I have ever known, (enlisted or Commissioned Officers), they have never looked like what Kat-Gram has described as her vision of courage. Shocked
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: December 17, 2006, 04:23:16 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
***WARNING***WARNING***

DO NOT GO TO THE STORE!  IT'S A ZOO OUT THERE!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Laughing Am not...am wrapping gifts.  Laughing
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: December 17, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »

It's too bad you have decided to not expose yourself to the most unbiased of all the cable networks. FOX is not perfect, but FOX is the truly the most fair and balanced and the most up-to-date of all networks---MSM and Cable, with the news.

Ono: I don't know why you are disputing every opinion of Kat_Gram's but I doubt you have ever seen our national news station - the CBC -
or any Canadian newsmagazine programs such as The Fifth Estate or W5.   Our news is government sponsored with our tax dollars, so they do not have to play to the sponsors or go for ratings.  We have a different attitude to what is news and how to present it to the public.  It is jarring to switch the channel from those polite discussions of current affairs to the Fox hosts who interrupt and talk over their guests and want to turn everything into a debate.  I have never seen anything like Sean Hannity, rudely, asking someone a long-winded biased question and demanding he answer with YES or NO only and when he does not; belittle him with remarks about liberals.   The news is supposed to be about getting the facts to the public and allowing them to form an opinion.  To me, it seems, Fox has an agenda that is conservative, Republician, backing the Iraq war and the current Administration and anyone who doesn't agree with them is anti-American and their opinion is laughed at.  I suppose it is fair and balanced if you agree with them.  To view this from a Canadian perspective is a culture shock.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: December 17, 2006, 05:03:59 PM »

If you turn on FOX or CNN right now you can watch the rescuers attempt to find the 3 climbers on Mount Hood.  They have about 90 minutes left before they have to quit for the day.  They are very close to what they believe to be the ice cave.

P.S. - let's please stop arguing amongst ourselves.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: December 17, 2006, 05:13:47 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
One last comment from me about those tapes :
Skeeters is a professional.
Why is the tape so bad ? Looks like an amateur made them. Sound like one too.
Why the controversy about what exactly did Deepak say ?
If the tapes had been done in a more professional manner, it would be
true " evidence " . Not some fodder for entertainment value.

Exactly!  Why is it that nothing is exact, precise in this case?
Jamie Skeeters leaving the sliding glass doors open (outside noise)
His bad setting up of the camera just before Deepak comes in.
And, we have no idea what Deepak really said.... Confused

Why aren't people asking, "What do you mean by that?"

Did Skeeters & Deepak have an agreement of no recordings?

Jamie Skeeters

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9646352/

ABRAMS: Jamie Skeeters, let‘s be clear, he knew he was being taped or not?

SKEETERS: Yes, I have that on tape. I have it witnessed by another former FBI and Deepak himself and another citizen of Aruba.

ABRAMS: OK. You‘re saying that yes, you believe he did know he was being taped?

SKEETERS: I have that on tape...

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2006, 05:16:43 PM »

Welcome Tamikosmom!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: December 17, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »

Welcome Tamikosmom!

Thanks Klass ....

Please delete my second post .... I thought I was editing my first.

Thanks

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2006, 05:23:47 PM »

Done!  Slow afternoon but hopefully tomorrow there will be some action in the case!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2006, 05:24:06 PM »

Neither Kat_Gram or I have said anything that equates to military bashing or anything remotely anti-American.   Sometimes it is amusing to talk about our cultural differences.  I can tell that our harmless stories have affected some of you in a way I would never would have expected.  
I am sorry that I offended you Anna and Ono.  I don't come here to fight.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

Leslie - I know.  I wish people wouldn't argue with eachother in this thread.  I've just moved those posts between Kat_Gram, Tylergal and Anna into their own thread in the Monkey Lounge.  I don't mind disagreements, just not in this thread when it does not pertain to the case.
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »

Rob we see you.

Anything you can share with us?  We'll keep it under our hats.  There are very few of us here this afteroon.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2006, 05:48:33 PM »

If you turn on FOX or CNN right now you can watch the rescuers attempt to find the 3 climbers on Mount Hood.  They have about 90 minutes left before they have to quit for the day.  They are very close to what they believe to be the ice cave.

Klass ... I have been watching/listening for the last hour to the CNN breaking news .....

My thoughts and prayers are with the climbers, rescuers and family members.

A very anxious father of one of the missing climbers spoke a while ago and ... he claims ..... despite the emotional roller coaster .... the families are very hopeful.  The three men were very experienced and .... their survival skills may just be what it takes to see them through this ordeal.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"

Klass ... I have been watching/listening for the last hour to the CNN breaking news .....

A very anxious father of one of the missing climbers spoke a while ago and ... he claims ..... despite the emotional roller coaster .... the families are very hopeful.  The three men were very experienced and .... their survival skills may just be what it takes to see them through this ordeal.

Janet

I just heard that some of the searchers are going to stay on the mountain through the night.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2006, 05:53:15 PM »

Dave Holloway

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191377,00.html

VAN SUSTEREN: Did the media help or hurt you?

HOLLOWAY: Oh, the media was our best friend. If it hadn't been for the media this thing would have been swept under the table the very first day and we'd have been calling back to Aruba "Have you heard anything? Have you heard anything?" I truly believe that.

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2006, 05:59:53 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"

Janet

I just heard that some of the searchers are going to stay on the mountain through the night.

I've been glued to the news from Oregon for hours...The ice cave was found, no one inside.  Sleeping bag, some rope & 2 ice axes were left there.  I heard same that some will stay and some will be removed.  

Disappointing that they did not find the hikers, but they are not giving up.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.