March 28, 2024, 06:25:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #561 12/16 - 12/18/2006  (Read 106767 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: December 18, 2006, 07:28:38 AM »

Peaches ~ Hopefully, the minute the cyst is *taken care of*, your pain will diminish.  Glad your next chemo is after the big day ~ take care, and I always anxiously await your postings after you've had a treatment ~ want to hear that you're okay!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: December 18, 2006, 07:48:53 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Peaches ~ Hopefully, the minute the cyst is *taken care of*, your pain will diminish.  Glad your next chemo is after the big day ~ take care, and I always anxiously await your postings after you've had a treatment ~ want to hear that you're okay!

Yeah, what she said!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: December 18, 2006, 08:16:31 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"

Good morning.  I have to go to the oral surgeon this morning.  This cyst around my wisdom tooth is killing me.  I'm sure my office thinks I plan all my crises around the holidays.  Last year I had surgery Dec. 27.  This year I have chemo Dec. 27.  If they only knew...  So I'm reading to catch up until I have to go....

Heh Peaches!  Shouting out a Seasons Greetings and sending a hug your way.  FYI, Husker lady volleyball team won the NCAA championship this weekend!  My 2 yr old nephew said, "Go Huckers"!  LOL  Hang in there my friend.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: December 18, 2006, 08:27:07 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
AweMainta
http://www.awemainta.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: December 18, 2006, 08:57:55 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
I've been watching continued coverage of the Mt. Hood climbers.
I hope none of us will ever find ourselves in a situation where we will be faced with survival in the elements, but I wanted to post this. It's instructions with pictures of how to build a snow cave. I have the feeling that even if such a thing wasn't needed for years to come, we might remember it if push came to shove.

http://tinyurl.com/y37ybd

I would think anyone who intends to live on this planet ought to know abit about surviving on it.

I guess it's another case of proving the theory of survival of the fittest, especially in putting oneself in conditions out of the norm.

Sometimes mother nature wins no matter how prepared you are.

If you get Discovery Channel, check your listings for a show called Survivor Man or Man v. Wild.  These are guys who do know how to survive in the elements.  They drop them off in various places and they have to survive while trying to get to civilization - a road, a house, something.  Seems there's a camera person on one of these shows, none on the other IIRC, but they don't help these guys.  They do tell you lots of stuff you need to know.  They have a certain amount of time to find their way out before the rescue crew comes in to help them.  The shows are repeated pretty frequently.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: December 18, 2006, 09:00:56 AM »

Quote from: "IBE"
satin sheet+satin pjs= opps we'd he go ie: slipping off the bed

Not that I have ever had that experience Rolling Eyes

Shocked  Shocked Laughing  Laughing

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: December 18, 2006, 09:14:45 AM »

Quote from: "Altruist"
DK admits on the Skeeters tape that he is looking to sue the USA networks, admits that his reputation is over, he believes that his resident alien status on the Devil's Rock will not be approved in the future, he states that he is $50,000 in debt to attorney's, that he wants to tell Beth that he now sees a different side of her, bitchy, but I believe that he did tell Beth that & her response was "I've been saving that for you Deepak", but to JS, he claims he wanted to state it not that he did.  He is a liar thinking he's going to get rich & after reading the following it makes me again revisit that this was planned all along & the motivation was celebrity & $$$$$$$$$$'s.

(Edited for time.  The statements of Altruist have not been altered or misrepresented in the editing process. Very Happy )

See what I mean like in his head he is justifying her being done away with in order to make sure they are the center's of attention, publicity, victim status & all important book & movie revenues.

You're so right.  The Skeeters tape shows he doesn't care about Natalee being alive or not, he wants money for what's happened to him.  He doesn't say "Man, I hope they find her, I hope she's alive.  All this will go away.  She can go back to her family, live her life, and so can we."  All about him getting some money out of this.  He says his life is ruined (before Dr. Phil airs) and 18 months later, he's still a suspect and what actually happened that night is still unknown because Joran's 2006 TV blitz still had inconsistencies AND his mother and US attorney still tell a different story than Joran while talking about Joran and that night.  Rolling Eyes  Skeeters is clearly playing to this mindset.  On the other hand, if Deepak had taken a polygraph and passed on many key points, Dr. Phil would have aired it and ALE could not have ignored it to make Joran look less guilty.  I don't think this tape is going to make a jury sympathetic to Deepak and I don't see how they can suppress any portions of it since the tape is the subject of the suit.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: December 18, 2006, 09:19:02 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"

If we know when Peaches is going for her chemo, could we remind everyone that day and a day or so after to keep sending prayers and healing, feel good thoughts her way throughout the day, especially on those days?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: December 18, 2006, 09:22:29 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Hey, big hammer,

I DID post my thoughts here. You must have missed it. Have you been here EVERY single day since May 2005 like I have? I don't know anything about what Dutchlady posted.

It's always been my theory that they kidnapped her and made a snuff film.

I'm not awake yet but I wanted to address this before I forgot.

Hammer was agreeing with you.  When Hammer said "not here" he meant he did not shoot down your theory of the snuff film.

Just wanted you to understand that.  Wink
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #669 on: December 18, 2006, 09:23:04 AM »

Ok, I'll shut up and go eat some breakfast while you all have your coffee.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: December 18, 2006, 09:41:49 AM »

From the Dr. Phil website about todays show:

Natalee Holloway's disappearance made worldwide headlines and Dr. Phil has been working diligently with the missing teen’s brave mother, Beth Twitty, to try and find answers. Catch up on this story here, here and here.

Dr. Phil sits down with Beth again to talk about some very interesting developments in this story.

Beth explains what she’s been doing lately. “I’ve really been involved with a foundation that I’ve established, it’s the International Safe Travels Foundation, so I’ve been really busy with messages to high school and college students and Auburn University right now is working in conjunction with the foundation in developing a curriculum. They’re just delving into the legal and safety issues for the person who’s traveling internationally. The third thing that’s come about is the lawsuit that’s been filed,” she says.

Dr. Phil elaborates, “We’ve played footage of an interview with the older Kalpoe brother, Deepak, as it was gathered by Jamie Skeeters, and they’re now contesting what was said and have sued this show and made allegations against me and you about tampering with the tape. How do you feel about the fact that they’ve sued the show over that broadcast that you and I did that day?”

“The reason why they’re doing it is because there have been no repercussions,” Beth says. “They’ve never had to be accountable or responsible for any actions they’ve taken. No matter what they do, no matter how many lies that they generate, they just feel as if there’s nothing that’s going to happen to them.”

“Well, let’s look at the upside of our being sued by these suspects in the case. That has established a jurisdictional right for you to file a lawsuit against them for what?” Dr. Phil asks.

“With a wrongful death suit, it will allow the attorneys to pose these suspects and see if we can get to the inconsistencies in all of the statements,” Beth explains. “And that’s what we’ve asked for all along. We’ve just wanted somebody to hold their feet to the fire and get to the bottom of what happened, besides this litany of lies that they’ve just continued to generate.”

“When you step back and take the broad view of the fact that we took up Natalee’s cause when everybody was thinking this is old and cold, and we got sued for our troubles, how do you feel about that?” Dr. Phil asks.

“Oh, gosh, Dr. Phil, it just makes me sick. All you’ve tried to do from the beginning is just get to the bottom of it, get the answer,” she says.

“We stand by the integrity of that taped interview that was played on the show, and we stand by you continuing this investigation to find out what has happened to Natalee.”

Beth is grateful. “It is certainly not a talk show. It has just been action from you. Everything that you’ve done has just been the right step at the right time. And what I needed was what you provided, and that’s what keeps a path moving toward justice and toward answers,” she says.

“It is frustrating, but here’s what we know for sure: We know Natalee disappeared and is still missing. We know that you have an unfettered right to discuss it and talk about it, and we’re going to continue to talk about it and investigate it until we get answers and the guilty people are held accountable. And we’re not going to be intimidated by some ridiculous lawsuit,” Dr. Phil says.

“And I want you Dr. Phil, and John Kelly, and the team that you have, that’s who I want to find the answers because the Aruban government is not going to do anything,” Beth says.

“Well, you’ve got a great lawyer in John Kelly, so I know we’re all going to stay the course. And I’m sorry that we’re having to do it, but Natalee deserves nothing less,” Dr. Phil tells her.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #671 on: December 18, 2006, 10:09:06 AM »

Good morning monkeys.  Coffee anyone?
the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #672 on: December 18, 2006, 10:11:55 AM »

Agreed (that I agreed...)

Klaas writes: Hammer was agreeing with you. When Hammer said "not here" he meant he did not shoot down your theory of the snuff film.

Yes, that's what I meant.  

Still alot of open questions and actual cause of death are unknown.  As I posted above, however, if one knew the script/storyline of the "movie," then alot of progress could be made.

IMO.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: December 18, 2006, 10:15:11 AM »

Quote from: "the big hammer"

Klaas writes: Hammer was agreeing with you. When Hammer said "not here" he meant he did not shoot down your theory of the snuff film.

Still alot of open questions and actual cause of death are unknown.  As I posted above, however, if one knew the script/storyline of the "movie," then alot of progress could be made.

IMO.

Hammer - I still believe that film was broadcast via the internet or cell phone that night.  It's out there somewhere, I just know it.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: December 18, 2006, 10:24:19 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "the big hammer"

IMO.

Hammer - I still believe that film was broadcast via the internet or cell phone that night.  It's out there somewhere, I just know it.

YEP,

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #675 on: December 18, 2006, 10:25:20 AM »

i agree  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: December 18, 2006, 10:32:38 AM »

I have a nightmare about this event.What started as a ritual rape evolved into a snuff film,because Natalee fought bach and hurt jvds.She may have been badly injured and given to someone else for a seperate film.I know snuff films exist,just as demons do in human form.I will be happy to write about surviving the outdoors,I used to teach it.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
crazybabyborg
« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »

Dr. Phil elaborates, “We’ve played footage of an interview with the older Kalpoe brother, Deepak, as it was gathered by Jamie Skeeters, and they’re now contesting what was said and have sued this show and made allegations against me and you about tampering with the tape. How do you feel about the fact that they’ve sued the show over that broadcast that you and I did that day?”

Oh, oh, oh!!!! I'm not even through reading it, and I'm jumping with joy!!!!! I love the man, I love the producers!!!
He's establishing the connection, he's helping Beth to get the deposition and answers. He's trying to help with the argument!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #678 on: December 18, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »

Beth SHOULD have been named in that suit. The papers talk about the tape and her comments working to "defame" DK's reputation. Slander is part of the filing, and to prove slander you MUST prove it was FALSE information that you were the source of. That would take Beth right where she wants to be; to ALL those questions she wants answered.
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: December 18, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

HEY!! Is Klaas good or what!

ahh, this is great, my own Christmas avatar.  Thanks, it's a real pleasure to be in the company of such talent. Surprised
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.