April 27, 2024, 11:59:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 689020 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1020 on: November 16, 2009, 01:29:34 AM »

TG, I understand what you are saying.  He looks like a good man and truly heartbroken.
I am wondering if he and Shaniya lived with his sister after his wife's death, and the sister
cared for Shaniya while he was away on business.
I am also wondering if he had recently remarried.  There was another woman at the presser
standing on the other side of him....could have been his daughter, but I wondered if it was
a new wife.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1021 on: November 16, 2009, 01:30:42 AM »

Am curious why it seems the dad's story changes with nearly every interview or report..

Earlier on, my understanding was that Shaniya was with her dad/family since 2006, she would have been around 2 yrs old.  That's when Antoinette had drug charges.  Yet, in the latest interview with the dad he says Shaniya has been with him for 5 years. 

I've read news reports either about the dad or direct quotes from him:
-- he wanted to give Antoinette a chance to be a mom...
-- he wanted Antoinette the chance to have Shaniya "back"... (which indicates that Shaniya lived with her before, at some point)...
-- that Shaniya has never lived with Antoinette, always with him/his family... 
-- that Shaniya didn't 'live with' him, that she would 'visit him' when he came into town, from his various out-of-town/state jobs. 
-- and now that Shaniya has been with him for 5 years.

Why the ever-changing stories?  Sloppy media coverage?  Or.... ?? 

Where has this sweet girl been living since she was born?   

Maybe it was the aunt, the woman who is standing next to the father? She was pretty broken up. Just a guess.
So you see what I see, there are different things being said and quoted, it is confusing to me.

Yeah, probably with the aunt and/or other family.  But why not just say that from the get-go?  The ever-changing stories are painting the situation as either the media is confused/reporting badly, the dad is confused/lying/covering his ass, the mother either was trying for custody or never tried for custody.  And if she never tried for custody, then who was the "custody issues" that has been reported, between?  His family and him?   

Some more thoughts......... and other monkeys have mentioned some of these too.

I've read over at IS, posted by the one who claims to be the dad's friend, that the dad is a civil contracter, that Shaniya 'visits' him when he is back in town.  That he is in town about 10 months out of the year.  (Perhaps off and on, thruout the year, not 10 months straight?)  And that Shaniya lived with her dad/family, that he was planning to try for full and sole custody.   

Then then the mom seems to be getting her life together, job and a place to stay.  So dad decides to give her a chance to be a mom to Shaniya, three weeks ago his sis drops her off at the mom's.  How/why did the dad go from trying for full custody himself, to giving Shaniya a chance?  Doesn't make sense to me!!

And then just read reported in the news somewhere lately, that the dad supposedly has a fiance.  Am wondering what part, if any, the new fiance may play in the dad's seeming sudden decision to let the mom have a chance at custody?  Wonder if the fiance liked or didn't like having Shaniya around, and how did the idea of being her step-mother fit with her?  Some folks would have welcomed that idea, some folks.... not so much.  Sigh. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1022 on: November 16, 2009, 01:34:34 AM »

Maybe it was the aunt, the woman who is standing next to the father? She was pretty broken up. Just a guess.
So you see what I see, there are different things being said and quoted, it is confusing to me.

Yeah, probably with the aunt and/or other family.  But why not just say that from the get-go?  The ever-changing stories are painting the situation as either the media is confused/reporting badly, the dad is confused/lying/covering his ass, the mother either was trying for custody or never tried for custody.  And if she never tried for custody, then who was the "custody issues" that has been reported, between?  His family and him?   

I've read over at IS, posted by the one who claims to be the dad's friend, that the dad is a civil contracter, that Shaniya 'visits' him when he is back in town.  That he is in town about 10 months out of the year.  (Perhaps off and on, thruout the year, not 10 months straight?)  And that Shaniya lived with her dad/family, that he was planning to try for full and sole custody.   

Then then the mom seems to be getting her life together, job and a place to stay.  So dad decides to give her a chance to be a mom to Shaniya, three weeks ago his sis drops her off at the mom's.  How/why did the dad go from trying for full custody himself, to giving Antoinette a chance?  Doesn't make sense to me!!

And then just read reported in the news somewhere lately, that the dad supposedly has a fiance.  Am wondering what part, if any, the new fiance may play in the dad's seeming sudden decision to let the mom have a chance at custody?  Wonder if the fiance liked or didn't like having Shaniya around, and how did the idea of being her step-mother fit with her?  Some folks would have welcomed that idea, some folks.... not so much.  Sigh. 

edited by me to put in the right name... ack! 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1023 on: November 16, 2009, 01:43:25 AM »

Am curious why it seems the dad's story changes with nearly every interview or report..

Earlier on, my understanding was that Shaniya was with her dad/family since 2006, she would have been around 2 yrs old.  That's when Antoinette had drug charges.  Yet, in the latest interview with the dad he says Shaniya has been with him for 5 years. 

I've read news reports either about the dad or direct quotes from him:
-- he wanted to give Antoinette a chance to be a mom...
-- he wanted Antoinette the chance to have Shaniya "back"... (which indicates that Shaniya lived with her before, at some point)...
-- that Shaniya has never lived with Antoinette, always with him/his family... 
-- that Shaniya didn't 'live with' him, that she would 'visit him' when he came into town, from his various out-of-town/state jobs. 
-- and now that Shaniya has been with him for 5 years.

Why the ever-changing stories?  Sloppy media coverage?  Or.... ?? 

Where has this sweet girl been living since she was born?   

Then then the mom seems to be getting her life together, job and a place to stay.  So dad decides to give her a chance to be a mom to Shaniya, three weeks ago his sis drops her off at the mom's.  How/why did the dad go from trying for full custody himself, to giving Shaniya a chance?  Doesn't make sense to me!!

Good points wykes. I don't know and I wish we did. maybe it would help us to understand this all. We all are wanting to know why and how this happened and questioning the dads reasons is a good place to start. Seems like the dad lost his mind from what I can gather so far. I have no idea how a person that has taken responsibility for a child can all of a sudden do an about face and send the child off. I can admit I need this dad to be a good caring person because the thought of her life always being hell is too hard to take. I need to know for most of her life, she was cared for, protected, wanted and loved. there has to be a good explanation of why she was sent there.

Wykes is the friend of the dads saying anything about whether or not the dad spoke to his daughter during the 3 weeks?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1024 on: November 16, 2009, 01:43:31 AM »

I definitely agree, a woman had a hand in the loving care and raising of Shaniya.  At least in dressing her for the earlier pics we've seen.  Not the kind of touch shown by a typical man, IMO.  Guess it's in the little details.  But I also agree that the dad seems heartbroken, and in that I do have tremendous compassion and empathy for him.  He and the aunt both seem very sincerely heartbroken.  Which is one reason I haven't voiced my concerns til now about the changing info.  Could be as simple as sloppy reporting by the media. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1025 on: November 16, 2009, 01:49:17 AM »

hmmm the custody issues, I wonder if the mom was giving him a hard time about her coming home? Trust me, LE does not wish to get involved if there are custody issues, they tell you to take it to court. Been there, done that and it sucks. If you are speaking to the friend, can you ask him if he knows?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1026 on: November 16, 2009, 01:50:03 AM »

Good points wykes. I don't know and I wish we did. maybe it would help us to understand this all. We all are wanting to know why and how this happened and questioning the dads reasons is a good place to start. Seems like the dad lost his mind from what I can gather so far. I have no idea how a person that has taken responsibility for a child can all of a sudden do an about face and send the child off. I can admit I need this dad to be a good caring person because the thought of her life always being hell is too hard to take. I need to know for most of her life, she was cared for, protected, wanted and loved. there has to be a good explanation of why she was sent there.

Wykes is the friend of the dads saying anything about whether or not the dad spoke to his daughter during the 3 weeks?

Thanks TG!  And I agree with what you've written too.  Good points here!  While at the same time I also need for him to have been a good caring person, it hits harder to realize Shaniya's life in the past three weeks.  Such contrast.  Sigh. 

Haven't been over to IS since yesterday aft., so am not sure if the friend has posted since then or not.  But before that, I don't remember him mentioning that, or being asked.  Klaas said that he has joined here, but to my knowledge hasn't posted yet. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1027 on: November 16, 2009, 01:53:51 AM »

I definitely agree, a woman had a hand in the loving care and raising of Shaniya.  At least in dressing her for the earlier pics we've seen.  Not the kind of touch shown by a typical man, IMO.  Guess it's in the little details.  But I also agree that the dad seems heartbroken, and in that I do have tremendous compassion and empathy for him.  He and the aunt both seem very sincerely heartbroken.  Which is one reason I haven't voiced my concerns til now about the changing info.  Could be as simple as sloppy reporting by the media. 

Or LE has asked certain details not be released yet.

Well I am off to bed. I didn't sleep well last night, I kept thinking about the possible horrors this child may have been enduring. I am tired and need sleep.

Goodnight Monkeys. May tomorrow bring us a miracle, not only in this case but the countless others.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1028 on: November 16, 2009, 01:55:31 AM »

hmmm the custody issues, I wonder if the mom was giving him a hard time about her coming home? Trust me, LE does not wish to get involved if there are custody issues, they tell you to take it to court. Been there, done that and it sucks. If you are speaking to the friend, can you ask him if he knows?

Could be.. or the maternal grandma, as mentioned earlier.  I've never posted with this friend, I def. know better than to post anymore at IS.... <eeeeeeeek!!!>  I just read over there now, from time to time.  (folks posting there need .. IMO .. a full set of armor while posting.  lol)  ..  Guess we can ask the friend here if he ever posts a howdy-do.   

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1029 on: November 16, 2009, 01:59:04 AM »

I read else where that the dads previous wife had been murdered in a home invasion or something, they had children together. This may explain why he thought she needed her mother.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/124070/

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1030 on: November 16, 2009, 02:04:49 AM »

For those who believe in this sort of thing, a new moon begins today (the 16th), the 'wobble moon' is over.... <breathes a sigh of relief>  Google ' wobble moon ' if you are wondering the maddening effects that has on the world, during it's span.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1031 on: November 16, 2009, 02:13:43 AM »

I'd love to know whether the call McNeill supposedly made at the hotel was to Antoinette, and if so, if it was before/after she made the 911 call. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1032 on: November 16, 2009, 02:18:31 AM »

Hey wait a minute!  I didn't catch this earlier... just heard that LE was seaching the woods etc.  HOMES too??? 

"Capt. Charles Kimble of the Fayetteville Police Department said several agencies spent the day looking for signs of Shaniya Davis between Spring Lake and Sanford, which are about 25 miles apart. Kimble would not elaborate on what information officers had received. They suspended the search at dark. The area included woods and some homes, police said.

"We're following up on a tip. It seems to be good, so we're out there looking," Kimble said.
"

<more at link>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575235,00.html?test=latestnews

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1033 on: November 16, 2009, 02:20:03 AM »

I read else where that the dads previous wife had been murdered in a home invasion or something, they had children together. This may explain why he thought she needed her mother.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/124070/

Oh gosh.. how sad. 

Good point tho, Searching! 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1034 on: November 16, 2009, 03:08:58 AM »

IMO, Dad having a fiance weighed on the decision to leave Shaniya with her Mother. I know I'm being cynical, and I'm sorry, but when two people have a child, and one of them has shown themself to be unstable, coupled with a history of drug problems, you don't just hand over your child and rip her from the only home she's known. Consider she was dropped off at that trailer by one of the only parental figures Shaniya had ever known. There may be factors I'm unaware of, but I don't buy that Shaniya had the appropriate priority in her Dad's life. I just don't see how he could hand over his child to a Mother she really didn't know, with a dubious history, in the living conditions that were clearly visable to whoever dropped her off based on Mom holding a job for 6 months. He didn't know the Mother well, and said she was a one night stand. He has said that Mom had not been in her life. You just don't do that while keeping your child's interest above all. You just don't.

As this case progresses, there may be circumstances that come to light that would make me change my mind, but based on what I know now, Dad has something to cry about when he looks in a mirror, and Shaniya is paying the price. JMO.
Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1035 on: November 16, 2009, 03:13:36 AM »

Poor little angel! This case is sickening! I was thinking about the posts showing the elevator and perp with Shaniya and thought I would give my input. I think this picture was taken upon ENTERING the hotel, not leaving...The elevator could have been coming FROM the 3rd floor down to the lobby. I think if they were leaving their expressions would be a lot different and especially their body language. I noticed that Shaniya has a hand on MM's shoulder, almost in a "trusting" way. To me, she looks scared (when in fact she may just be tired since it was so early in the AM), but not horrified. She seems somewhat comfortable with MM as if she has seen him before. To me, her feet are not crossed at the ankles, it is just the angle of the camera that makes it seem that way (if you look at all 3 pics u can tell). I feel like if they were leaving, she would've drawn more attention to herself given the charges surrounding the case because she would have already endured God knows what in that hotel room. I pray that she is found alive and unharmed but it doesn't look good at this point...Bless her little heart  an angelic monkey
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1036 on: November 16, 2009, 03:33:26 AM »

Hmmmmm... this gives a different picture, that Shaniya had just been 'visiting' with her mother, temporarily, not moved in. 

( Michelle Sigona, reporter on Levi Page show - a radio show on blogtalkradio.com )

spoke with the dad at 6 pm.  says that "dad is extremely distraught", that Shaniya was supposed to come back AT THE END OF THE WEEKEND, that her Mom wanted to keep her a while longer, that dad said "Ok I'll give her a chance". 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/LeviPage/2009/11/16/True-Crime-Wrap-Up

I think if you click "on demand", the show can be heard again. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1037 on: November 16, 2009, 03:38:03 AM »

It seems that Shaniya's half-sister posted at NG's blog, Fri at 6:20pm: (I edited out the #)

"Cheyenne Victoria Lockhart
THIS IS MY BABY SISTER, I KNOW HER MOTHER KNOWS SOMETHING BUT JUST ISNT TELLING, I HAVE A NUMBER TO REACH HER MOTHER AND HER MOTHER'S SISTER, THESE STORIES ARE NOT ADDING UP HER MOTHER IS LYING. I CAN BE CONTACTED AT 910*******
"

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=317835640021&comments

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1038 on: November 16, 2009, 03:40:26 AM »

Dad's facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Brad-Lockhart/706909425

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1039 on: November 16, 2009, 03:56:37 AM »

Wykes - Thank You for the links.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.