April 27, 2024, 05:05:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 688991 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: November 16, 2009, 06:16:15 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7120387
5-year-old Shaniya Davis
  Updated at 06:09 AM today

FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities resumed their search for a missing 5-year-old girl Monday morning.

Crews had to postpone searching Sunday evening due to darkness. The search is concentrated in and around a heavily wooded field boarded by Highway 87 south and Walker Road -- just south of Sanford.

Volunteers, first responders K-9 units and forensics investigators have been involved in the ground search.

Tony McGilveary, who lives near the search site, is helping authorities.
Story continues below

"I heard they were searching in the woods for the little girl, so I thought I'd do my county duty and come down and try to help out," McGilveary told Eyewitness News.

Police have not said why they are focused on the area that is about 7 miles from the hotel.

Shaniya Davis was last seen at a Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford last week. A surveillance video captured child on tape with 29-year-old Mario McNeill.

McNeill turned himself in Friday and police say he confess to taking the 5-year-old.

Police arrested the child's mother, Antoinette Davis, Saturday. She is accused of providing her daughter with intent that she be held in sexual servitude.

Antoinette is charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse and prostitution.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1041 on: November 16, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »

Do we know where dad lives?  And where the jurisdiction for custody was originally filed?  We could probably pull up the court records to get an idea of what is going on from the pleading filings.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1042 on: November 16, 2009, 08:50:43 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/16/earlyshow/main5667901.shtml
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C., Nov. 16, 2009
Dad, Aunt Plead for Safety of "Angel"
Desperate Search Continues for 5-Year-old N.C. Girl, Whose Mother Is Under Arrest on Child Prostitution Charges
CBS/ AP)   Searchers returned Monday to a wide area in south-central North Carolina to look for Shaniya Davis, whose mother reported her missing from a Fayetteville mobile home park Nov. 10. Authorities say they went to the area over the weekend based on a tip.

Capt. Charles Kimble of the Fayetteville Police Department said several agencies spent the day looking for signs of Shaniya between Spring Lake and Sanford, which are about 25 miles apart.

A surveillance camera recorded the man charged in the girl's kidnapping carrying her into a hotel room in Sanford, about 30 miles away.

Police arrested Shaniya's mother Sunday and charged 25-year-old Antoinette Davis with human trafficking, felony child abuse involving prostitution and filing a false police report.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, had raised her for four years with help from his sister, Carey Lockhart-Davis, who had been like a mother-figure for Shaniya. But Lockhard gave Shaniya to the girl's mother because, he says, she had a job, seemed more stable and told him she wanted the role of Shaniya's mom.

On "The Early Show" Monday, Lockhart and Lockhart-Davis said they're trying to stay optimistic that Shaniya will be safely returned.
"I've been feeling hopeful every day," Lockhart told co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez, "that someone out there would do the right thing and take my daughter somewhere to a hospital, police station, just anywhere safe, drop her off at Wal-Mart, anywhere, I don't care. Just so somebody can find her and bring her back to the people that love her."

An emotional Lockhart-Davis said, "I just want you to bring her back. She's an amazing, breathtaking individual. She has a calendar at school, and when you're good, your daily calendar, you get a little blue mark on it. And, every day, she came home with a blue mark. And she would walk in the door and she'd say, 'Aunt Carrie, I got another blue mark, I got another blue mark!' And then she'd get her treat and we'd go out back and we'd play and -- she was smart. And just so happy and full of joy. And I just ask that, at this time, please just let her go. She doesn't deserve this. Have a kind heart."

Lockhart said, when he heard of the accusations against Antoinette Davis, he felt totally numb. "Just everything inside of you falls out," Lockhart said. "You just lose all train of thought. Reaction is none. You just -- you just hope for the best."
He admitted he had some reservations about giving Shaniya back to her mother but, "She had been trying, and I know that she had been working for at least six months, and she had been trying to get her life back on track, and she said she had just recently got her own place. So I was wanting to give her a chance. She had asked if she could be a mother, and I felt that she was sincere in asking. And I figured to give her a chance."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: November 16, 2009, 08:55:21 AM »

Family Pleads for Shianiya's Return  11/16/09
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vcKynwKg0m4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vcKynwKg0m4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Edited to enlarge the video
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:39:36 AM by klaasend » Logged

~ Peter Frampton
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1044 on: November 16, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

G'Eve Monkeys,

I just tried to look up THAT sorry excuse for a human being up....they still dont have a booking info at the dentention center.

Here's the presser from the Fayetteville PD.... Im sure its been posted but just thought I would put it back up there.

Released: 11/14/2009

Mother Arrested in Missing Child Case 
This evening Fayetteville Police Detectives have taken out warrants for arrest on Shaniya Davis’ mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis.

Antoinette Davis has been charged with the following: Human Trafficking, Felony Child Abuse – Prostitution, Filing a False Police Report, and Resist, Delay, or Obstruct.

Ms. Davis is currently being processed at the Cumberland County Detention Center.  A booking room photograph will be provided when available.

Information received today by investigators has led to the charges being filed on Ms. Davis.

The whereabouts of Shaniya Davis are still not known.  Anybody with any information about Shaniya’s whereabouts is urged to contact your local law enforcement agency.

A member of the Office of Professional Standards will be available at 10:00 p.m. tonight for a brief sound byte opportunity.

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=11152009111543

Isn't this it?

http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

yessss, that's it...for some reason I just couldnt pull it up.  Thanks.
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1045 on: November 16, 2009, 09:14:12 AM »

G'Morning Monkeys....

Hope today brings Shaniya home and we get real answers as to what has happened that this beautiful little girl was treated so inhumanely.

I have a feeling tho, we arent going to hear to much, LE prolly will keep things very close to the vest.

BUT HOW!! I have a feeling there will be more arrests.

Im not quite awake, working on my first cup of coffee and trying to wrap my head around this.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1046 on: November 16, 2009, 09:14:49 AM »

IMO, Dad having a fiance weighed on the decision to leave Shaniya with her Mother. I know I'm being cynical, and I'm sorry, but when two people have a child, and one of them has shown themself to be unstable, coupled with a history of drug problems, you don't just hand over your child and rip her from the only home she's known. Consider she was dropped off at that trailer by one of the only parental figures Shaniya had ever known. There may be factors I'm unaware of, but I don't buy that Shaniya had the appropriate priority in her Dad's life. I just don't see how he could hand over his child to a Mother she really didn't know, with a dubious history, in the living conditions that were clearly visable to whoever dropped her off based on Mom holding a job for 6 months. He didn't know the Mother well, and said she was a one night stand. He has said that Mom had not been in her life. You just don't do that while keeping your child's interest above all. You just don't.

As this case progresses, there may be circumstances that come to light that would make me change my mind, but based on what I know now, Dad has something to cry about when he looks in a mirror, and Shaniya is paying the price. JMO.

bingo! I thought the other night that there had to have been a reason to all of a sudden give Shaniya to her egg donor ...and another love interest for the dad would make perfect sense to me and that is what I had thought too...
made me think, what did this aunt tell Shaniya why she was moving away from the only home that she had ever known? how did she feel when she drove up to this mobile home? did she just dump Shaniya out with her little suitcase and drive off? how did she feel when she was driving off?
If I was that aunt and I had had a hand in raising Shaniya, which I suspect that she did, I would have kept Shaniya instead of taking her to that egg donors home unless I was court ordered to do so...Never, ever would I have taken her there and  left her seeing the conditions of that home...even if there was no septic backup at the time, the home still looked ramshackle to me...I could not have done it!!! I think that Dad needed a break for whatever reason from being a dad...hope that I am wrong about that....but Shaniya has paid the price for all of her parent's sins and selfishness imo....
I can't give this dad a pass...I don't think that he was truly going to give the egg donor a chance to be a mom...if she showed no interest in this baby in the past, why would she all of a sudden get to have her baby girl? couldn't she have started off with weekly visits at HIS home...? just to see if she really was interested in being a mother??? God, I am so damn angry over all of this!!!!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1047 on: November 16, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »

IMO, Dad having a fiance weighed on the decision to leave Shaniya with her Mother. I know I'm being cynical, and I'm sorry, but when two people have a child, and one of them has shown themself to be unstable, coupled with a history of drug problems, you don't just hand over your child and rip her from the only home she's known. Consider she was dropped off at that trailer by one of the only parental figures Shaniya had ever known. There may be factors I'm unaware of, but I don't buy that Shaniya had the appropriate priority in her Dad's life. I just don't see how he could hand over his child to a Mother she really didn't know, with a dubious history, in the living conditions that were clearly visable to whoever dropped her off based on Mom holding a job for 6 months. He didn't know the Mother well, and said she was a one night stand. He has said that Mom had not been in her life. You just don't do that while keeping your child's interest above all. You just don't.

As this case progresses, there may be circumstances that come to light that would make me change my mind, but based on what I know now, Dad has something to cry about when he looks in a mirror, and Shaniya is paying the price. JMO.

Goodmorning CBB,

Little girls ask about their mothers, I wasn't raised by my mother. I think Shaniya wanted her mother to sing her a song, read her a story and make her favorite cookies like other kids, this may have been a very small factor in the dads decision.

What we have learned that you can't make a good mother, examples: Robert Manwill case, Casey's, A.D.  I am curious to know if this "horses hindy" had a Insurance Policy out on her daughter.  You can't make a good mother, or a good father, some people are lousy to the core. I was lucky not to be raised by my natural mother, some people can't seem to sacrifice.

I usually am on the fence on the death penalty, but MAM should be a poster child why it is needed.
Who did MAM and the "horses hindy" think they were to snuff out a little life full of joy?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: November 16, 2009, 09:26:57 AM »

I hope with everything that I have in me that Shaniya is found alive and that she is allowed to have her life....Please let this be so...She did not deserve any of this!
Are there grand parents on the father's side of the family? I do truly think that the father and the aunt love Shaniya...I just think that Dad lost the focus for some reason...I am sure that we will get the answers once this is over ...I pray that it will be soon for this little baby's sake....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1049 on: November 16, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »

That is very interesting that they are searching some homes as well as the woods.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: November 16, 2009, 09:45:02 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7120387

Police have tip girl's body was dumped

Updated at 09:31 AM today

FAYETTEVILLE, NC (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police said Monday they were acting on a tip that missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' body has been dumped near Sanford.

Spokesperson Theresa Chance said it was a strong tip, but they had not confirmed the girl is dead.

"Obviously we still hope to find her safe and sound," said Chance.

Authorities resumed their search Monday morning in and around a heavily wooded field bordered by Highway 87 south and Walker Road -- just south of Sanford.

(snipped)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:46:49 AM by klaasend » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: November 16, 2009, 09:51:24 AM »

Thanks Klaas    
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: November 16, 2009, 09:57:57 AM »

I have a question...we all see the trash holding her at the elevator and what we do not see is him leaving the motel.  Why are they holding that footage back?  Is it because they don't see her walk out with anyone?  Is it because of what he carried out of the building?  He's admitted to kidnapping but they have stopped short of what is said after.  I have a feeling they have seen him or someone carrying something out but not an alive little girl.  If checking for a body in the woods close to his home and motel one could only speculate he is the one responsible if she is found there.  I'm rambling and pizzed off at these people!  Sorry
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1053 on: November 16, 2009, 10:01:05 AM »

I just ran across something interesting, here is the link...not sure if its appropriate to copy here, just not sure on credibilty so I'll give the link and if one of our great mods thinks its ok...please do.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2392544/examiner_comments_nail_picture_of_antoinette.html
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1054 on: November 16, 2009, 10:04:32 AM »

It seems that Shaniya's half-sister posted at NG's blog, Fri at 6:20pm: (I edited out the #)

"Cheyenne Victoria Lockhart
THIS IS MY BABY SISTER, I KNOW HER MOTHER KNOWS SOMETHING BUT JUST ISNT TELLING, I HAVE A NUMBER TO REACH HER MOTHER AND HER MOTHER'S SISTER, THESE STORIES ARE NOT ADDING UP HER MOTHER IS LYING. I CAN BE CONTACTED AT 910*******
"

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=317835640021&comments

Hi Wyks,

Shaniya's "half-brother" left a message on I.S. with a phone number, maybe a scam..my opinion, they are looking for dough.
Be aware of people scamming in the name of this child.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1055 on: November 16, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »

I just ran across something interesting, here is the link...not sure if its appropriate to copy here, just not sure on credibilty so I'll give the link and if one of our great mods thinks its ok...please do.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2392544/examiner_comments_nail_picture_of_antoinette.html
Thanks 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »

Do we know where dad lives?  And where the jurisdiction for custody was originally filed?  We could probably pull up the court records to get an idea of what is going on from the pleading filings.

Not an address, but he loves in Fayeteville, so that would be Cumberland, County.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1057 on: November 16, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=360825&page=2

A "Who is Who" list of players in Shaniya's case. I didn't feel comfortable lifting her list.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1058 on: November 16, 2009, 10:13:15 AM »

Not an address, but he loves  lives in Fayeteville, so that would be Cumberland, County.

Self edit. More coffee please.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1059 on: November 16, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »

That is very interesting that they are searching some homes as well as the woods.

Hi NRCG,

I didn't see where the some homes are being searched was it on the video?  TIA.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.