April 27, 2024, 11:35:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 688956 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1600 on: November 16, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »

Nancy Grace almost broke down when she said "Shaniya is dead".......and so did I.......I cant take this crap, what the hell is wrong with these people and when is someone gonna do something to help stop it, ...they need to do something public to these POS's,........something to stop these people and make them, too scared to bother them again.........there has to be something!!!
I have found myself breaking down in tears throughout the day since hearing of the discovery of poor little Shaniya's body.  I can't imagine how any mother could send her baby into such horror.  When will we stop letting people hurt our children?  What will it take?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1601 on: November 16, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »

Did Mario just come into the hotel and walk to a specific room, a room that someone was waiting for Shaniya, or did Mario go to the reservation desk and book a room that morning, or did he have a room already? I was just wondering I haven't seen anything about that. Also I've never been to those hotels, does this particular chain of hotels have adjoining rooms? I'm sure most places do, just wondered.

excellent questions, NORose.

Hopefully they have surveillance cam vid of the exact room he went into, if it was not him who booked the room.

And yes, every Comfort Inn that I've been to has adjoining rooms.
I figured that there was probably adjoining rooms, but wasn't sure. I really wonder if Mario was bringing Shaniya to another person?

Hi Monkeys!

I was assuming that the hotel worker that reported seeing Shaniya saw them at the front desk...............  do we know anything about that?

Also, if CNN reports that there are plenty of pics of them leaving the hotel, I guess that shoots a hole in the theory that Shaniya died from sexual abuse and when Mom was informed of it, she then concocted the kidnapping story and reported it, right?

I do not recall any confirmation that she was alive when they were leaving the hotel.  If she was molested in the hotel she could have been torn up so bad that no way could they have taken her to a hospital without anyone knowing she had been sexually abused.  If she was still alive at that point.  That may have set things in motion in regards to the kidnapping call knowing full well they had to make sure she never talked about anything that happened to her.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1602 on: November 16, 2009, 10:30:47 PM »

Grateful to the search volunteers

The disappearance and now, the likely death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis (police have yet to confirm the discovered body is hers) is a terrible story for too many reasons. It’s difficult to hear that the precious little girl was found just 100 feet from a highway, just tossed in the woods by somebody who thinks very little of human life.

It gets even more difficult to hear that Shaniya’s mother, Antoinette Davis, is facing charges of human trafficking and felony child abuse for allegedly offering her daughter for prostitution.

And we imagine as the details are released in future trials against Ms. Davis and the men allegedly involved in Shaniya’s death, we will only get angrier ... our minds overflowing with disbelief.

But if you can pull one shining glimmer of light from this terrible, terrible tragedy, it’s how a group of hundreds of men and women put their lives on hold for a few days to find a little girl who was no different from their own children.

According to numbers provided by the Fayetteville Police Department, nearly 300 volunteers scoured the woods along N.C. 87, Walker Road and Frank Wicker Road in Sanford Sunday and Monday searching for Shaniya. They trudged through rough terrain, encountered countless briar patches and soggy areas and did all of this for hours and hours on end in hopes that their efforts would lead to a miracle — the discovery of a young girl, alive and hanging in there.

They did discover that young girl Monday afternoon, but it wasn’t the ending anybody hoped for, though many expected. The body of a young child was found, and following the news, several searchers appeared exhausted and dejected.

What’s comforting, however, is that the Red Cross had to turn away volunteers for this search. They had to turn away men and women willing to work tirelessly to find a lost child. Many said they had children of their own ... many said they hoped if the they were facing this situation, the community would respond in a similar fashion.

We thank the many volunteers who helped and those who tried to help.

It’s unfortunate that the setting for the ending to this tragic story was Sanford, but we’re sure few places would have stepped up to help like our community.

http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Grateful+to+the+search+volunteers%20&id=4501943&instance=latest_articles
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1603 on: November 16, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »

I don't know if the following is true or not.

Mario Andrette McNeill, who police say was staying with Davis at a Comfort Inn in Sanford, N.C., when Shaniya disappeared, was arrested Friday. Investigators say security video at the hotel showed McNeill carrying Shaniya toward an elevator just after 6 a.m.Tuesday.

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/129000.html

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1604 on: November 16, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »

don't know what it is gonna take Bananas...stricter punishment for offenders and for parents who do crap like this would be a start!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1605 on: November 16, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

Hundreds Attend Candlelight Vigil For Shaniya Davis

Fayetteville, N.C.
Close to 400 people, as well as the father of Shaniya Davis showed up for a candlelight vigil tonight in Fayetteville.

Supported on either side by friends holding up the distraught father, Bradley Lockhart looked skyward as he addressed his comments to God.

“Don’t give up on me and don’t give up on Shaniya,” he said. “She’s up there with you. Just knowing my little baby is up there with you is giving me comfort right now,”

His pain was shared by the community.

“I have babies and it would devastate me to know it could happen to my children,’’ said Cynthia McKay who felt compelled to attend the vigil.

She added, “To know that someone this little girl trusted, trusted with all her heart; to travel with him and to have take advantage of her  innocence is wrong.”

Many of those who came were filled with a combination of grief and anger.

“We were looking to find her alive,” said Alica Campbell of Fayetteville. “How she died was horrible.”

For one of Shaniy’a aunts, the answers just aren’t there.

“It’s crazy,” said Yvonne Mitchell. “It was crazy when it first began. Nothing is making any sense; none of the stories. Nothing.”

But, Fayetteville needs to make sense of thing, which is why people came together tonight.

“Now is the time we come together and we have to come together as one,’’ said Yvonne Mitchell, who is one of Shaniya’s aunts.

http://johnston.mync.com/site/johnston/news%7CSports%7CLifestyles/story/44568/hundreds-attend-candlelight-vigil-for-shaniya-davis
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1606 on: November 16, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »

this is all so sad....

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1607 on: November 16, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »

Missing girl's body found in Eastern N.C.
Mother and another man face charges tied to disappearance of Shaniya Davis from Fayetteville.

A little more than a week before Shaniya Davis vanished, her mother told Carey Lockhart, the aunt who helped raise the 5-year-old, that she'd never see Shaniya again.

Those words echoed in Lockhart's head Monday, hours before searchers pulled a body police think was Shaniya's from a thicket of kudzu along the border of Lee and Harnett counties.

“If I'd only known … ,” Lockhart said Monday, her voice trailing off into sobs. She had helped rear the girl since infancy.

Shaniya disappeared a week ago from her home in Fayetteville, where she had been staying with her mother, Antoinette Davis, since the end of October. Police think Davis, who had reported her missing, had allowed her to be taken for “sexual servitude.”

Davis is charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse and making a false police report. A man, Mario McNeill, was charged with kidnapping Shaniya after a surveillance video caught him carrying the girl toward an elevator at a motel in Sanford the morning she was reported missing.

It's not clear what arrangement police think Davis had made for Shaniya. Police have offered little explanation of Shaniya's possible abuse, although they have indicated that county social workers had been involved Davis and her family.

Davis, who works at an assisted living facility, has no criminal history in North Carolina. McNeill has faced many drug charges but has no sex crimes on his record.

After a tip, searchers found a child's body Monday about 100 feet off a rural highway roughly six miles south of the motel where McNeill was spotted with Shaniya. Investigators were waiting for family members to positively identify Shaniya and would not comment on the condition of the body.

Davis, who is in police custody, could not be reached for comment. A judge appointed her a lawyer from the public defender's office, but no one had been assigned by late Monday.

Davis' sister, Brenda Davis, 20, told the Associated Press on Monday that she does not believe the charges.

“I don't believe she could hurt her children,” Brenda Davis said. The sisters spoke to each other at the jail Sunday, and Brenda Davis recalled that her sibling said she would not do that to her daughter.

Bounced between homes

Shaniya has bounced between homes since birth, shared between a mother and a father who conceived her during a chance encounter one night. Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs.

“There was no denying that she was his,” CareyLockhart said of the resemblance between Shaniya and her father.

Lockhart described Shaniya as a joyful girl who loved to dress up in pretty clothes and make her cousins laugh. She was a kindergartner at Morganton Road Elementary School in Fayetteville.

Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

But 21/2 weeks ago, Lockhart said, the informal parenting arrangement dissolved.

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

“I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do,” said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

“I knew when [my brother] came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this,” Lockhart said

That resolution never came. Bradley Lockhart had not returned from a job in Oregon when Shaniya disappeared.

Last Tuesday, Lockhart rang his sister with bizarre news. A neighbor called him to say that police were looking for Shaniya.

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

A million thoughts raced through Carey Lockhart's head: Maybe her mother was hiding her? Maybe someone wanted to collect a ransom from her brother?

She peppered police with questions. They grilled her right back. She feared they suspected she had done something to Shaniya. She buckled in tears and remembers police relenting.

“I was about to die,” Lockhart said. “I cannot describe the devastation. All the things I could have done different.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1060111.html
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1608 on: November 16, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »

Was the dad coming to visit?  I still do not understand why the mother called the kidnapping in in the first place.  She is being charged with filing a false police report.  But why did she call in the first place if she was aware of all this.  Unless MM called her and told her Shaniya was gone?  My Timeline:

6:53am mom calls in and reports Shaniya missing
6:11am Mario is seen on video carrying Shaniya into hotel
7:30am Mario is know to exit hotel w/Shaniya

So Mario McNeil either called her prior to 6:53 and told her Shaniya was gone or she called on her own but if on her own for what reason?

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1609 on: November 16, 2009, 10:46:02 PM »

Evenin', Monkeys.

What a sad, sad day.  :*(

I can't get over how Shaniya is in that pos's arms and how she is sort of gripping his shoulder.  Poor, poor baby.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1610 on: November 16, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »

Was the dad coming to visit?  I still do not understand why the mother called the kidnapping in in the first place.  She is being charged with filing a false police report.  But why did she call in the first place if she was aware of all this.  Unless MM called her and told her Shaniya was gone?  My Timeline:

So Mario McNeil either called her prior to 6:53 and told her Shaniya was gone or she called on her own but if on her own for what reason?

That is exactly what I think happened.  I think Mario called Antoinette and told her that Shaniya had died.  That's when Antionette cooked up the kidnapped scheme.  My bet is Mario called Antoinette from the hotel.  Then Mario left with a dead Shaniya and returned via Walker Rd where he disposed of her body.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1611 on: November 16, 2009, 10:47:13 PM »

Thanks for the timeline reminder Fatcat. I needed to see that!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1612 on: November 16, 2009, 10:48:09 PM »

Missing girl's body found in Eastern N.C.
Mother and another man face charges tied to disappearance of Shaniya Davis from Fayetteville.

A little more than a week before Shaniya Davis vanished, her mother told Carey Lockhart, the aunt who helped raise the 5-year-old, that she'd never see Shaniya again.

Those words echoed in Lockhart's head Monday, hours before searchers pulled a body police think was Shaniya's from a thicket of kudzu along the border of Lee and Harnett counties.

“If I'd only known … ,” Lockhart said Monday, her voice trailing off into sobs. She had helped rear the girl since infancy.

Shaniya disappeared a week ago from her home in Fayetteville, where she had been staying with her mother, Antoinette Davis, since the end of October. Police think Davis, who had reported her missing, had allowed her to be taken for “sexual servitude.”

Davis is charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse and making a false police report. A man, Mario McNeill, was charged with kidnapping Shaniya after a surveillance video caught him carrying the girl toward an elevator at a motel in Sanford the morning she was reported missing.

It's not clear what arrangement police think Davis had made for Shaniya. Police have offered little explanation of Shaniya's possible abuse, although they have indicated that county social workers had been involved Davis and her family.

Davis, who works at an assisted living facility, has no criminal history in North Carolina. McNeill has faced many drug charges but has no sex crimes on his record.

After a tip, searchers found a child's body Monday about 100 feet off a rural highway roughly six miles south of the motel where McNeill was spotted with Shaniya. Investigators were waiting for family members to positively identify Shaniya and would not comment on the condition of the body.

Davis, who is in police custody, could not be reached for comment. A judge appointed her a lawyer from the public defender's office, but no one had been assigned by late Monday.

Davis' sister, Brenda Davis, 20, told the Associated Press on Monday that she does not believe the charges.

“I don't believe she could hurt her children,” Brenda Davis said. The sisters spoke to each other at the jail Sunday, and Brenda Davis recalled that her sibling said she would not do that to her daughter.

Bounced between homes

Shaniya has bounced between homes since birth, shared between a mother and a father who conceived her during a chance encounter one night. Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs.

“There was no denying that she was his,” CareyLockhart said of the resemblance between Shaniya and her father.

Lockhart described Shaniya as a joyful girl who loved to dress up in pretty clothes and make her cousins laugh. She was a kindergartner at Morganton Road Elementary School in Fayetteville.

Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

But 21/2 weeks ago, Lockhart said, the informal parenting arrangement dissolved.

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

“I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do,” said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

“I knew when [my brother] came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this,” Lockhart said

That resolution never came. Bradley Lockhart had not returned from a job in Oregon when Shaniya disappeared.

Last Tuesday, Lockhart rang his sister with bizarre news. A neighbor called him to say that police were looking for Shaniya.

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

A million thoughts raced through Carey Lockhart's head: Maybe her mother was hiding her? Maybe someone wanted to collect a ransom from her brother?

She peppered police with questions. They grilled her right back. She feared they suspected she had done something to Shaniya. She buckled in tears and remembers police relenting.

“I was about to die,” Lockhart said. “I cannot describe the devastation. All the things I could have done different.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1060111.html

I am sorry for all of their pain...it must be devastating...
this doesn't make sense though..she says that Shaniya was only going to stay for 2 days but yet it was reported that Shaniya had been there longer than that...also, that Davis had called to ask if Shaniya could stay longer with her...right? didn't the dad say all of that?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1613 on: November 16, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »

O/T
NORTHERN ROSE!! Nanners.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1614 on: November 16, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »

I am sorry for all of their pain...it must be devastating...
this doesn't make sense though..she says that Shaniya was only going to stay for 2 days but yet it was reported that Shaniya had been there longer than that...also, that Davis had called to ask if Shaniya could stay longer with her...right? didn't the dad say all of that?

Cookie.. that is what I thought too.  The dad said he let her stay longer..... never said the mom told them they would never see Shaniya again... something doesn't add up there.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1615 on: November 16, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »

That is exactly what I think happened.  I think Mario called Antoinette and told her that Shaniya had died.  That's when Antionette cooked up the kidnapped scheme.  My bet is Mario called Antoinette from the hotel.  Then Mario left with a dead Shaniya and returned via Walker Rd where he disposed of her body.

Yeah, Klaas; when you first posted that, it made perfect sense, and with fatcat's timeline, I see that it still does. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the 3 on the elevator. If that really does mean he was leaving, then Shaniya wasn't dead. What do you think? Were they leaving in those pics?
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1616 on: November 16, 2009, 10:53:07 PM »

I am thinking the same thing Klaas

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1617 on: November 16, 2009, 10:57:43 PM »

According to a reporter on HLN, the hotel video was timestamped prior to Antoineete calling 911.

Heart
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1618 on: November 16, 2009, 10:58:05 PM »

But a five year old could talk and tell what happened to her. The aunt would have seen the changes in her if she had been able to get Shaniya. Bio mom saying they would never see Shaniya again should have sent the dad rushing home, instead of waiting 3 weeks. No job is that important. Before this I have had nothing but sympathy for the Dad and aunt. Now..it puts a different light on their actions. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1619 on: November 16, 2009, 11:00:02 PM »

I still think Shaniya's murder was planned. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.