April 27, 2024, 10:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 689013 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1760 on: November 17, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »

More charges expected today in Shaniya Davis case

SANFORD - Shaniya Davis was alive when she left a Sanford motel, Fayetteville police said this morning in a news release.

Additional charges are expected today in the death of the 5-year-old child whose body was found in a wooded area off Walker Road in Lee County just before 1 p.m. on Monday, the release said.

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, 25, of Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park off Murchison Road, is charged with human trafficking, child abuse involving prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing an investigation.

Davis called police at 6:53 a.m. one week ago today to report that the girl was missing, police said.

Davis told police the last time she saw the child was at 5:30 a.m. inside their home in Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park off Murchison Road.

At 6:11 a.m. that day, a surveillance camera at a Sanford hotel recorded Shaniya in the arms of a man identified as Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, of Fayetteville. On Monday, police said McNeill left the hotel with Shaniya at 7:30 a.m.

McNeill, who is in jail, is charged with first-degree kidnapping.

The body that was found in thick brush has not been positively identified as Shaniya's, police said.

The body was taken to the state Medical Examiner's Office in Chapel Hill for an autopsy, the release said.

No decision has been made as to who will investigate the child's death, the release said.

Jurisdiction is determined by the location where the crime is committed, the release said.

That could put the death investigation into the hands of the Lee County Sheriff's Office or the Sanford Police Department.

But a source at the Lee County Sheriff's Office said today that Fayetteville will be handling the case.

The case can be considered as a continuous series of acts that originated in Fayetteville, giving the Police Department jurisdiction.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/952898
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1761 on: November 17, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »

Why are idiots like the mother always able to get pregnant on a whim? Besides Shaniya she has another child and one on the way. Good Lord, help us. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1762 on: November 17, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »

I don't mind kicking them when they are down..I don't see an excuse for abandoning this baby to that sorry excuse for a human being. Just because she said she had a place to live and a job... Oh, ok here take my daughter I have been raising for the last 5 years, I'm sure I have every reason to trust you, even though I have reservations you don't have to worry that I'm gonna check up on her.
Hmm, "I thought I would give her a chance" isn't sitting well with me right now. What truly caring parents takes chances with an obvious lowlife like this. She seemed to be getting her life together....really!! because what? she said that? or did you choose to believe her because at this moment it was convenient. Don't suppose you checked out anything this scum said first did you?

I could tell that place was less than ideal to live in so could the aunt. It looked fairly horrible from the outside, did she even go in? Did they check on her in those three weeks, speak to her or contact her in any way...What has happened could not have come to fruition without the sudden hand off of his baby girl to almost a complete stranger.

Wyks, you must be a better person than I, you are a lot kinder to these people than I want to be. I loath and despise them all..

These things have crossed my mind too, Miki.  And no, am not a better person, trust me, but thank you.  What I'd really like to say isn't nice or kind at all, really it isn't.  Am trying to hold back a lot of what I'm thinking, until we hear more info.  It does seem tho that you and I are on the same wavelength, even if I don't have the ooomph to post it.  Does it seem to you that there is much we haven't been told yet, from the paternal family?  I'd hate to saint them or damn them until we know more.  As it's looking tho,     something isn't right.  A lot of what we've been told doesn't fit. 

We've heard at least 4-5 different versions from the paternal family themselves.  Along with that, we've heard from LE that there has been "major custodial issues" in the past.  We've heard from the media that there are no court custodial issues.  We've heard that the dad has had to "beg" to see Shaniya.  And we've heard that Antoinette hasn't spent time with her enough to know her.  It goes on and on.  And the one thing about truth, is that it doesn't change.  Ever.  It is what it is.  Would like to hear some truths in this case. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1763 on: November 17, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »

here's an article about the home invasion of Brad Lochart's wife, Vickie.  Sorry is this has already been posted, but thought I'd stick it here for any newbies, like me, to the case:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/124131/

"FAYETTEVILLE — A Fort Bragg soldier is in jail Saturday morning, charged with murder. Cumberland County investigators arrested their second suspect just three days after a triple murder.

Thursday, they arrested Vincent Lee Thomas. Then Friday, Litdel Burkhalter was taken into custody. The soldier faces three counts of first degree murder. He's being held without bond.

Investigators say Burkhalter and two others entered this home and bound, gagged and shot five people. David Lee Epps, Channel Coleman and Vicki Lockhart all died. Investigators say robbery was the motive. ..."

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1764 on: November 17, 2009, 12:52:29 PM »

Released: 11/17/2009

Fayetteville Police Department
Status of Missing Child Case

The Fayetteville Police Department will conduct a media briefing this afternoon, Tuesday, November 17th at 4:30 p.m., in front of the Police Department regarding the status of the Shaniya Davis case.  During the briefing any new information will be discussed as well as a statement made by Captain Charles Kimble.

At this time the body found off of Walker Road yesterday afternoon has been taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Chapel Hill where an autopsy is being conducted to determine the cause of death as well as to obtain a positive identification.

Jurisdiction in criminal cases is governed by where the criminal conduct occurred. Right now, this is an ongoing investigation and as such we are still determining the details surrounding the death of the child. So the final decision as to jurisdiction will not be made until those details are obtained. 

The investigation at this point indicates that Shaniya Davis was alive at the time she left the Sanford Hotel. 

Additional charges are forthcoming today and will be released to the media as soon as they are filed. 

There will be no further released until such time that new information becomes available. 

-End-

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=11172009105758

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1765 on: November 17, 2009, 12:53:01 PM »

The more I see the anguish & raw emotion on Shaniyas fathers face, the harder it is for me to be angry at him. It's just all around sooooo pitiful.

Yesterday, I had a moment where I lost all faith in humanity. I'm sure most of us have experienced that bitter anger. Every time we turn around, there is another tragedy that seems to be worse than the previous. My heart still feels heavy and ripped apart, but the public outcry from people who never even met this baby girl has restored my hope in this world. While there is evil in every walk of life, every creed and culture- there are a million kind souls that truly care...

I hear ya...but I keep seeing Shaniya's little face while she is being taken to whatever her fate was with McNeill and somehow...it only makes me more angry...I feel sorry for everyone who loved Shaniya and now has lost her..but mostly I feel sorry for her...the dad is in misery I am sure...and a lot of it is from pure guilt for letting her go there in the first place...

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1766 on: November 17, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »

Shaniya Davis' Father Supported By Community During Vigil

Fayetteville, NC -- Hundreds gathered for a candlelight vigil in Fayetteville Monday night to honor the memory of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

The girl's body was found Monday afternoon in a wooded area in Lee County. She was reported missing last week and later seen with a man on surveillance tape at a hotel in Sanford, NC.

The girl's mother, Antoninette Davis, and the man allegedly seen in the video, Mario McNeill, are both in jail.

Davis is accused of human trafficking, prostitution and felony child abuse. Warrants say she provided her daughter with intent that the girl be held in sexual servitude.

Among those at the Monday night vigil was the girl's father, Bradley Lockhard, who gave an emotional tribute.

Lockhard prayed "Protect those who can not protect themselves, because we don't know how to protect them here."

Antoninette Davis' mother was also at the vigil. She says she doesn't believe her daughter had anything to do with it situation and isn't going to incriminate her.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=133298&catid=57

Lockhard prayed "Protect those who can not protect themselves, because we don't know how to protect them here."

Unfortunately this is too true.....when we look at the children just this year who have been murdered and/or are missing....we don't know how to protect them for the people who want to hurt them....time and time and time again

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1767 on: November 17, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »

this case has really brought out so much anger in me ....
I do truly feel sorry for this father but I am mad at him at the same time...right now I can't help the way that I feel....I am sure that dad blames himself more than any of us could ...I will say a special prayer for him that he finds some sort of comfort...I don't think that he will ever be able to get over this or to forgive himself...
and a special prayer for egg donor that she never has a moment  that she feels safe or secure...that she feels lots of pain and that she has a terrible painful rest of her life...she deserves to be one the most hated persons alive...

Respectfully, I hope the so called father and aunt blame themselves and feel guilt for the rest of their days, because without their negligence none of this would ever have happened. As for the rest of them, death is too good.

Respectfully, what a horrible thing to hope for, for Shaniya's father and aunt. Have you seen him at the vigil? How could anyone have ever imagined this kind of evil could have happened to their child from the egg donor. I place the blame exactly where it lies, with the evil one's in custody.IMO

Hi Razzy! I think that what you are commenting on depends on how you view the responsibility for what happened to Shaniya. I want all who are responsible to face justice, whether they have remorse at this point or not. I put greater responsibility on Shaniya's parents to act on her behalf to safeguard than I do anyone else because as a parent, they are stewards of her well being. I think it's very fair game to look at the decisions both parents made and ask if they were good stewards. In the light of the horrible events that befell Shaniya, I'm compelled to ask those questions. I don't expect a perverted kidnapper or sex slave operative to have Shaniya's interests at heart and their justice is different than Dad's, for sure. However, loving your child is more than "emotion" IMO, and it's very fair to measure Dad's actions that allowed the opportunity for these events to happen against his responsibility as a parent. JMO!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1768 on: November 17, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »

O.T.

Shaniya was not required to attend Kindergarden.  She should have been in kiddy garden or another form of schooling. shame.

snip...

Kindergarten Enrollment

Q: Is kindergarten compulsory (mandatory) in North Carolina?

A: No. All public school systems must offer kindergarten, but children are
not required to attend. Compulsory attendance applies to children between
the ages of seven and sixteen and....

snip...

http://www.co.henderson.k12.nc.us/teachers/FOV4-0001E9CB/010F8F64-000F5C5C.43/NCDPI%20Kindergarten%20Entry%20Questions.pdf

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1769 on: November 17, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »

Im following a case here where I live, where a young mother was kidnapped in one county, and they found her in a sinkhole in the next county.  The kidnapping charges are going to be dropped for now and they will still hold him, but where she was found...that county is prosecuting on the most serious of charges including murder.

Have you started a thread on SM for this case??

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1770 on: November 17, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »

here's an article about the home invasion of Brad Lochart's wife, Vickie.  Sorry is this has already been posted, but thought I'd stick it here for any newbies, like me, to the case:

"FAYETTEVILLE — A Fort Bragg soldier is in jail Saturday morning, charged with murder. Cumberland County investigators arrested their second suspect just three days after a triple murder.

Thursday, they arrested Vincent Lee Thomas. Then Friday, Litdel Burkhalter was taken into custody. The soldier faces three counts of first degree murder. He's being held without bond.

Investigators say Burkhalter and two others entered this home and bound, gagged and shot five people. David Lee Epps, Channel Coleman and Vicki Lockhart all died. Investigators say robbery was the motive. ..."

There was an obituary posted, and I think Cheyenne was listed as her daughter. IIRC

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1771 on: November 17, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »

Father cries out at 5-year-old's vigil, plans to speak with media

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — The father of a missing 5-year-old girl who was found dead near the Lee-Harnett county line Monday afternoon said he plans to hold a news conference at 4 p.m. Tuesday at his house.

MORE....

Shaniya's father talks to crowd at vigil
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6434737/

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1772 on: November 17, 2009, 12:58:57 PM »

Im following a case here where I live, where a young mother was kidnapped in one county, and they found her in a sinkhole in the next county.  The kidnapping charges are going to be dropped for now and they will still hold him, but where she was found...that county is prosecuting on the most serious of charges including murder.

Have you started a thread on SM for this case??

No I havent, I just posted that, because of dual counties and how they decided to handle it in this situation.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1773 on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:44 PM »

[quote author=no rose colored glasses

Lockhart's sister, Carey Lockhart-Davis has been the child's mother and aunt.  The married last name of Davis is strange as well.  Maybe there is somehow a connection between the mother's family and Carey.  Hopefully not.

[/quote]

Thank nrcg.......Davis is a fairly common name...let's hope there is no connection!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1774 on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

The Fayetteville Police Department will conduct a media briefing this afternoon, Tuesday, November 17th at 4:30 p.m., in front of the Police Department regarding the status of the Shaniya Davis case.  During the briefing any new information will be discussed as well as a statement made by Captain Charles Kimble.

At this time the body found off of Walker Road yesterday afternoon has been taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Chapel Hill where an autopsy is being conducted to determine the cause of death as well as to obtain a positive identification.

Jurisdiction in criminal cases is governed by where the criminal conduct occurred. Right now, this is an ongoing investigation and as such we are still determining the details surrounding the death of the child. So the final decision as to jurisdiction will not be made until those details are obtained. 

The investigation at this point indicates that Shaniya Davis was alive at the time she left the Sanford Hotel. 

Additional charges are forthcoming today and will be released to the media as soon as they are filed. 

There will be no further released until such time that new information becomes available. 

-End-

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=11172009105758

I am glad we are going to have a statement by the police Capt. Maybe we won't have to watch Teresa Chance laugh, giggle and flutter her eyelashes. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1775 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:16 PM »

[quote author=no rose colored glasses

Lockhart's sister, Carey Lockhart-Davis has been the child's mother and aunt.  The married last name of Davis is strange as well.  Maybe there is somehow a connection between the mother's family and Carey.  Hopefully not.

Thank nrcg.......Davis is a fairly common name...let's hope there is no connection!!
[/quote]

I think when we first saw her and Shaniya's father she was identified as NOT having any relation to the bio mom.  IIRC

SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1776 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:02 PM »

-End-

I am glad we are going to have a statement by the police Capt. Maybe we won't have to watch Teresa Chance laugh, giggle and flutter her eyelashes. 

agree, agree
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1777 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »

There was an obituary posted, and I think Cheyenne was listed as her daughter. IIRC

yes, and another daughter named Chivas, and two sons.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1778 on: November 17, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »

hey, can someone refresh my memory as to the aunt's (dad's sis) name?  I know her last name is Lockhart...tia.

Carrie Lockhart Davis

( not sure about spelling of "Carrie")
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1779 on: November 17, 2009, 01:04:39 PM »

One thing that strikes me...Davis was told before she entered the court room the child had been found and there's no emotion, no nothing, not even a tear for Shaynia.  She knew good and well what happened to Shanyia, she was a part of it and expected the news.  The only hint of emotion at all is when the Judge tells her how many months the charges carry...she was worried about her own sorry azzz.  I am sick and tired of the media interviews with her Mother, her Aunt, her Sister all the BS about she wouldn't hurt her child! 

It's time for the public to show their outrage and demand changes and accountability for the Judges, CPS, DHR, Ad Litems and others that place and allow the system to keep our children in harm's way.

I can tell you from experience that not all Dad's just want to pay their support and forget about the child.  I can also tell you that without a formal custody order there may not have been much the Dad or Aunt could have done.  My son and I have been locked in a custody battle for over two years now against my Grandson's Mother.  To make matters worse it crosses state lines (AL & FL).   Alabama has jurisdiction.  At one point my Grandson was sleeping in a dog's bed! And yes the Judge, DHR, and CPS knows this.  She has lost custody of one child, is expecting another and has failed every drug test she ever took and continues to walk out of that courtroom with my Grandson.  They've been provided ample evidence of abuse, neglect and instability. We go back to court in January.

I know the situations are different however I just wanted to point out the courts and systems overwhelminly favor the natural mother no matter how big a POS she is and if the Dad didn't have a formal custody order (or in our case even he did) he may not could have done anything once Davis had Shaynia in her possession, even if they believed it to be a visit. 

Excellent, thought provoking post sugarbabies.  I totally  agree with what you are saying.  The aunt even said that there was nothing she could do because if she called LE they would not do anything because the baby was with her natural mother.  And I know from experience that is the truth..even when the Mom is a drug addict ..the LE can do nothing ..and usually do not want to get involved in custody issues anyway. 

I believe the aunt thought she would only be there for a weekend..and the Mom had already started to harm and prostitute the baby out.  The aunt had no way to know this..nor would have LE done anything since she was not the legal custodian.  I also think the school was called after they realized it was going to be a battle to get this child back and told to take her off the rolls.  If they hadn't then her aunt would have been looked at as a truant guardian.

This pos Mom had them over a barrel and I think she knew what she was doing the entire time.  She didn't show remorse or shock yesterday in court..and my guess is she never will.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.