April 27, 2024, 04:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 688990 times)
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1780 on: November 17, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »

Father cries out at 5-year-old's vigil, plans to speak with media

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — The father of a missing 5-year-old girl who was found dead near the Lee-Harnett county line Monday afternoon said he plans to hold a news conference at 4 p.m. Tuesday at his house.

MORE....

Shaniya's father talks to crowd at vigil
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6434737/

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

so, 4 pm at Dad's

4:30 at Fayetteville PD.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1781 on: November 17, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »

hey, can someone refresh my memory as to the aunt's (dad's sis) name?  I know her last name is Lockhart...tia.

Carrie Lockhart Davis

( not sure about spelling of "Carrie")

thanks CBB.

(o/t - I'm going to go leave a post for you down south in the avatar section.  I'm always a day late and a dollar short).

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1782 on: November 17, 2009, 01:07:06 PM »

Father cries out at 5-year-old's vigil, plans to speak with media

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — The father of a missing 5-year-old girl who was found dead near the Lee-Harnett county line Monday afternoon said he plans to hold a news conference at 4 p.m. Tuesday at his house.

MORE....

Shaniya's father talks to crowd at vigil
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6434737/

so, 4 pm at Dad's

4:30 at Fayetteville PD.

Yup.  HLN has stated they are carrying the 4:30 one, not sure who will be showing Dad's presser.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1783 on: November 17, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »

thanks, CBB - this puts in a clearer light.

"a friend of a friend saw on the news that the guy confessed to murdering her and dumping her by the deer carcasses".  I expect if this is true, we'll hear about it again.

Re: the first part of that video - I don't like that woman Chance.  Not at all.  My own opinion, but she bables when she shouldn't and her facial expressions do not match the somberness of this situation.  Imo.

I misstated last night about Teresa Chance. She is PIO for Fayetteville PD, not Cumberland County SO. Doesn't make her laughing and smiling last night any better though. JMO

Too late, Fanny Mae.  I already complained to the county about her inappropriate behaviour.  Maybe they'll pass it on.  I thought it was outrageous for her to act as if she were arriving at a gala party instead of being there to announce the death of a child who had been sold by her mother into sexual slavery and is now dead.  I thought it was most disrepectful of Shaniya.  Anyone deserves some respect in death and this little girl especially so considering the circumstances.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1784 on: November 17, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »

I think that I was trying to be kind last night for the father...all afternoon yesterday I felt such anger and bitterness towards him that I felt that I needed to let go of some of it for what ever reasons..
today, I am back with feeling the exact same way that you do about all of them...this would never have happened if dad/aunt would have been more concerned with where they were taking Shaniya...they contributed to her death...and the hell that she went through before she passed...
Mostly I blame the egg donor of course...but they all let her down...all of them!!!
Personally, I think that the dad and his side of the family wanted a break from taking care of Shaniya..maybe the aunt's children were grown and she decided that she didn't want to be so tied down with a 5 yr old...dad met someone else who wanted dad's undivided attention when he was home...dunno...but for some reason, Shaniya was in the way jmo....

Wyks...good post!
One thing, I think that Heart supplied a post which said that Shaniya was no longer enrolled in her kindergarten class when she left to go with the egg donor..which tells me that this was no short visit ...otherwise, why tell the school anything? a weekend visit does not mean that enrollment would be terminated....

Thanks Cookie! 

If they did pull Shaniya out of her school before her Oct 31 weekend visit, then that does suggest there already was a plan in place to let Antoinette have Shaniya for longer.  Which brings up more questions.... It's been reported that Shaniya was dropped off at Antoinette's with 2 days changes of clothes, for the weekend.  Why would they pull her out of school if they were just sending her for the weekend?  If letting her stay for longer, why send only 2 days change of clothes?   

Then this morning I reread a news article where it says that the dad doesn't have custody of Shaniya at all, that there's just an agreement between him and Antoinette.  Evidently the dad/family had already been stepping lightly with Antoinette just to be able to raise her.  Sounds to me like Antoinette held the reins when it came to Shaniya, not the other way around.  And if so, why did the dad say that "she asked" to spend more time with her?  That "he decided" to "allow" her that extra time instead of just that weekend?  

What are they friggggggggging tiptoeing around?? 

Is this just a matter of everyone trying to cover their ass?   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1785 on: November 17, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »

hey, can someone refresh my memory as to the aunt's (dad's sis) name?  I know her last name is Lockhart...tia.

Carrie Lockhart Davis

( not sure about spelling of "Carrie")

thanks CBB.

(o/t - I'm going to go leave a post for you down south in the avatar section.  I'm always a day late and a dollar short).

I'm happy to accomodate. Besides, you're cooked by now, I'm sure!

I think Sunny had answered you while I was trying to find the answer to your question. Sorry Sunny! I'm a day late and dollar short too!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: November 17, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »

The more I see the anguish & raw emotion on Shaniyas fathers face, the harder it is for me to be angry at him. It's just all around sooooo pitiful.

Yesterday, I had a moment where I lost all faith in humanity. I'm sure most of us have experienced that bitter anger. Every time we turn around, there is another tragedy that seems to be worse than the previous. My heart still feels heavy and ripped apart, but the public outcry from people who never even met this baby girl has restored my hope in this world. While there is evil in every walk of life, every creed and culture- there are a million kind souls that truly care...

I think most os us have had those moments.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1787 on: November 17, 2009, 01:14:22 PM »

"a friend of a friend saw on the news that the guy confessed to murdering her and dumping her by the deer carcasses".  I expect if this is true, we'll hear about it again.

Re: the first part of that video - I don't like that woman Chance.  Not at all.  My own opinion, but she bables when she shouldn't and her facial expressions do not match the somberness of this situation.  Imo.

I misstated last night about Teresa Chance. She is PIO for Fayetteville PD, not Cumberland County SO. Doesn't make her laughing and smiling last night any better though. JMO

Too late, Fanny Mae.  I already complained to the county about her inappropriate behaviour.  Maybe they'll pass it on.  I thought it was outrageous for her to act as if she were arriving at a gala party instead of being there to announce the death of a child who had been sold by her mother into sexual slavery and is now dead.  I thought it was most disrepectful of Shaniya.  Anyone deserves some respect in death and this little girl especially so considering the circumstances.

I'm glad you did that, Babybear! I agree. It's disrespectful to Shaniya!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1788 on: November 17, 2009, 01:14:35 PM »

I remember reading that the aunt stated that Shaniya's mother told the aunt (dad's sis) that she would never see Shaniya again.
    Now wouldn't a statement such as this make you not want to bring the child there, and if the statement was made after Shaniya was already there, wouldn't most people call the police, or do something?

I think the problem might be there was no legal agreement on custody. The aunt might have thought the mother was blowing smoke to the winds? With no legal agreement, the police more than likely couldn't do a thing...sad as it is...she was with her biological mother. It would have to go through the court system.

right..but if the police were called after the threat was made, perhaps this little child could have been saved...Would the police have allowed Shaniya or the other children to stay at the home with feces and sewer all over the place? what about the condition of Shaniya? no, the police should have been called and then let them decide what was best for the child at that time...jmo.....

I am sure this will haunt the aunt for the rest of her life.....the what if I had......

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1789 on: November 17, 2009, 01:16:13 PM »

Sorry, but it might be better to trickle down anyway. I have a feeling you were not the only person that complained about her behavior. It was deplorable, and may be why the LE Captain is taking this presser. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1790 on: November 17, 2009, 01:16:39 PM »

rock. on. sister.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1791 on: November 17, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »

here's an article about the home invasion of Brad Lochart's wife, Vickie.  Sorry is this has already been posted, but thought I'd stick it here for any newbies, like me, to the case:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/124131/

"FAYETTEVILLE — A Fort Bragg soldier is in jail Saturday morning, charged with murder. Cumberland County investigators arrested their second suspect just three days after a triple murder.

Thursday, they arrested Vincent Lee Thomas. Then Friday, Litdel Burkhalter was taken into custody. The soldier faces three counts of first degree murder. He's being held without bond.

Investigators say Burkhalter and two others entered this home and bound, gagged and shot five people. David Lee Epps, Channel Coleman and Vicki Lockhart all died. Investigators say robbery was the motive. ..."

thanks jill....does anyone know who the other 2 people were who were shot??

Rest in Peace Caylee

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1792 on: November 17, 2009, 01:18:36 PM »

Goodmorning monkeyes and guests! Thank you for all of the posts and updates. I pray charges are forth coming and are aimed at all people that violated this little girl, including the child rapists.
I am anxious to hear the dad speak today. I hope we get a few answers as why, when, who...
I am standing back on the dad because to be honest with you, I am on the fense about him. I need a few more clearly stated details. If only one of us could question him! We would get to the bottom of it all!
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1793 on: November 17, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »

Yes, things don't necesarrily seem to add up but when you have people in shock and grief such as the dad and aunt, their statements might not make much sense especially when you receive them in bits and pieces.  I believe they are vicitims as well and their pain is unfathomable.  JMO.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1794 on: November 17, 2009, 01:19:51 PM »

Released: 11/17/2009

Fayetteville Police Department
Status of Missing Child Case

The Fayetteville Police Department will conduct a media briefing this afternoon, Tuesday, November 17th at 4:30 p.m., in front of the Police Department regarding the status of the Shaniya Davis case.  During the briefing any new information will be discussed as well as a statement made by Captain Charles Kimble.

At this time the body found off of Walker Road yesterday afternoon has been taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Chapel Hill where an autopsy is being conducted to determine the cause of death as well as to obtain a positive identification.

Jurisdiction in criminal cases is governed by where the criminal conduct occurred. Right now, this is an ongoing investigation and as such we are still determining the details surrounding the death of the child. So the final decision as to jurisdiction will not be made until those details are obtained. 

The investigation at this point indicates that Shaniya Davis was alive at the time she left the Sanford Hotel. 

Additional charges are forthcoming today and will be released to the media as soon as they are filed. 

There will be no further released until such time that new information becomes available. 

-End-

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=11172009105758

Thanks........so we still do not know when she was killed or when her body was dumped...but we do know she was not murdered at the hotel.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1795 on: November 17, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »

Police to file more charges in NC girl's death
November 17, 2009 13:07 EST

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- A dog trainer who was present when the body of a 5-year-old girl was found along a wooded road in North Carolina says searchers initially overlooked the area because they saw only deer carcasses in trash bags.

But Jeff Riccio of Tarheel Cainine Training Inc. said Tuesday his team returned to the area after getting information that the body of Shaniya Davis might be near deer carcasses. The searchers then found the body Monday afternoon underneath kudzu along a rural highway southeast of Sanford.

The child's mother has been charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse, accused of selling her daughter into sex slavery. Police also charged Mario McNeill with kidnapping after he was captured on a hotel's surveillance video with Shaniya.

http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nc/2ad3eb6f-www.wlos.com.shtml
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1796 on: November 17, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »

here's an article about the home invasion of Brad Lochart's wife, Vickie.  Sorry is this has already been posted, but thought I'd stick it here for any newbies, like me, to the case:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/124131/

"FAYETTEVILLE — A Fort Bragg soldier is in jail Saturday morning, charged with murder. Cumberland County investigators arrested their second suspect just three days after a triple murder.

Thursday, they arrested Vincent Lee Thomas. Then Friday, Litdel Burkhalter was taken into custody. The soldier faces three counts of first degree murder. He's being held without bond.

Investigators say Burkhalter and two others entered this home and bound, gagged and shot five people. David Lee Epps, Channel Coleman and Vicki Lockhart all died. Investigators say robbery was the motive. ..."

thanks jill....does anyone know who the other 2 people were who were shot??

no, it only said those three names and I stopped looking after that.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting the feeling that there are drugs involved in Vickie's murder?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1797 on: November 17, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »

"snippet"

Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere. No reason was given for the move.

A search of court records turned up no previous criminal charges against Davis, but she has been investigated by the Cumberland County Department of Social Services.

Her uncle, Michael Davis, said DSS looked at her with regard to her 7-year-old son, not Shaniya. The case was closed, and Antoinette Davis was able to retain custody of the boy, her uncle said.

DSS Director Brenda Jackson has declined to comment on her agency's involvement with the Davis family.

Antoinette Davis worked in the kitchen at Carolina Inn at Village Green, an assisted living facility in Fayetteville.

CES, a South Carolina-based staffing company that has a contract with Carolina Inn, hired her in June 2008 after an extensive background check, an official said. She had a good employment record at both Carolina Inn and the Haymount Nursing Rehabilitation Facility, but she is no longer employed by the company, the official said.

Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1798 on: November 17, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »

morning, Monkeys.

I'm intrigued, and nervous over the statement by Chance that the probe of human-trafficking could grow.
Me too, but I'm thinking the other child, the seven year old must have told the police some info, it would not be a stretch for me to think the seven year old was also used for prostitution.

Oh God.

Do we know when the 7 year old was taken into protective custody?  Was it directly related to Shaniya's mother's arrest or before?
I thought before her arrest, but not positive.

I'm still a few pages behind but wanted to post this before I got too into something else as I continue reading...I heard on NG last night the Manager of the mobile home park said there were only 2 people supposed to be living in the trailer and that was Brenda Davis (Aunt of Shaniya an angelic monkey ) and Brenda's 2 yr. old child...I don't remember hearing a thing about a 2 year old being at the trailer when the sorry POS took Shaniya?? I know they reported a 7 year old & an infant, but in my opinion, a 2 yr old is not an infant. Sloppy media, maybe? Id really like to know how many/what ages of kids were in that disgusting trailer because at this point it's possile that they have all been subjected to this torture if they were ever left in the care of egg donor.
Razzy1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1799 on: November 17, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »

this case has really brought out so much anger in me ....
I do truly feel sorry for this father but I am mad at him at the same time...right now I can't help the way that I feel....I am sure that dad blames himself more than any of us could ...I will say a special prayer for him that he finds some sort of comfort...I don't think that he will ever be able to get over this or to forgive himself...
and a special prayer for egg donor that she never has a moment  that she feels safe or secure...that she feels lots of pain and that she has a terrible painful rest of her life...she deserves to be one the most hated persons alive...

Respectfully, I hope the so called father and aunt blame themselves and feel guilt for the rest of their days, because without their negligence none of this would ever have happened. As for the rest of them, death is too good.

Respectfully, what a horrible thing to hope for, for Shaniya's father and aunt. Have you seen him at the vigil? How could anyone have ever imagined this kind of evil could have happened to their child from the egg donor. I place the blame exactly where it lies, with the evil one's in custody.IMO

Hi Razzy! I think that what you are commenting on depends on how you view the responsibility for what happened to Shaniya. I want all who are responsible to face justice, whether they have remorse at this point or not. I put greater responsibility on Shaniya's parents to act on her behalf to safeguard than I do anyone else because as a parent, they are stewards of her well being. I think it's very fair game to look at the decisions both parents made and ask if they were good stewards. In the light of the horrible events that befell Shaniya, I'm compelled to ask those questions. I don't expect a perverted kidnapper or sex slave operative to have Shaniya's interests at heart and their justice is different than Dad's, for sure. However, loving your child is more than "emotion" IMO, and it's very fair to measure Dad's actions that allowed the opportunity for these events to happen against his responsibility as a parent. JMO!

Brad Lockhart would have never knowenly send his daughter into harms way, that I know from reading, and watching him. I'm wondering if Aunt Carey was given an address of a nicer house belonging to a relative to drop her off to fool them? I just can't find blame with them, I think AD wanted money or drugs and Shaniya came to mind( she never meant nothing to her, she faked her loved for Shaniya to Brad to get to her), she planned this and set it in motion, and it was unstoppable. RIP Shaniya, Justice is not stoppable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.