April 27, 2024, 06:58:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 688936 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1820 on: November 17, 2009, 01:58:05 PM »

Our emotions are totally raw so soon after the body has been found.  Perhaps the presser this afternoon will provide more information such as cause of death and maybe even the announcement of charges of murder against some.  Once again we have had our hearts broken and pulled out and stomped on!

It some accumulate and gets to the point we are ready to go after all these people with everything we have.

If we don't get the drug situation under control in this country, I think we will have just more of this same crap time after time.  So many of these young people with small children seem to live in that drug culture.

And yet there are not foster homes to take ALL these children.  I think all of them with parents who use drugs are in danger.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1821 on: November 17, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »

I was under the assumption that the mom appeared for her hearing before Shaniya's body was found.

But I've read some stuff that says the hearing was after.

does anyone know for sure?

The body was found at 1pm and her hearing was about 2:30pm so after.  I don't know if she was informed that the body was found yet.

Klaas? What do you make of the tip given to searchers that the killer confessed and told the location where she was buried? It's got to be Mario, right?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1822 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

HLN - ME has identified body as being Shaniya.

I guess it is too early for a cause of death? 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1823 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:40 PM »

Says in this article that this was to be a weekend visit with Antoinette, this info is from the aunt:

"A little more than a week before Shaniya Davis vanished, her mother told Carey Lockhart, the aunt who helped raise the 5-year-old, that she'd never see Shaniya again.

Those words echoed in Lockhart's head Monday, hours before searchers pulled a body that police think was Shaniya's from a thicket of kudzu along the border of Lee and Harnett counties.

"If I'd only known ... ," Lockhart said Monday, her voice trailing off into sobs. She had helped rear the girl since infancy.

Shaniya disappeared a week ago from her home in Fayetteville, where she had been staying with her mother, Antoinette Davis, since the end of October.
"

<snipped>

"Shaniya has bounced between homes since birth, shared between a mother and a father who conceived her during a chance encounter one night. Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs."

<snipped>

"Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts."

<snipped>

"Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31.  Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

"I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do," said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

"I knew when (my brother) came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this," Lockhart said.
"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/1060102.html?storylink=kibboko

------------------

This is info from the dad, who puts things a bit differently.  Also it seems that Shaniya went to Antoinette's much earlier in the month, unless this was a different visit other than the one on Oct 31 weekend that the aunt refers to:

The reporter here says, "On November 15, 2009, around 6:00 p.m. I spoke with Shaniya’s father Bradley Lockhart."

<snipped>

"On October 9, 2009, Bradley says his sister dropped Shaniya off at Antoniette’s home.  At that time, Bradley was in Portland, Oregon working (he is a contractor, and sometimes has to travel for his job).  Antoniette told him he wanted to keep Shaniya for a bit, and he thought she finally wanted to be a mother — so he was going to give her a chance.  For the last five years, Bradley says he’s the one who has taken care of Shaniya, “I had limited contact with Antoniette, I used to have to beg her to see her child.”  He also told me that he and Antoniette were never married, or dated, and the only thing they had in common was their daughter."

http://www.michellesigona.com/

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1824 on: November 17, 2009, 02:04:08 PM »

OMG!

Wanda Barzlee pleaded GUILTY!!!

Only 15 years....

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1825 on: November 17, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »

Glad you were not murdered Jill.    That must have been so scary!

me too, lol!

I learned a damned good lesson that night.

Anyway:

HLN will be playing Antoinette's 911 call momentarily.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1826 on: November 17, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »

Thank you NorthernRose.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1827 on: November 17, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »

Glad you were not murdered Jill.    That must have been so scary!

me too, lol!

I learned a damned good lesson that night.

Anyway:

HLN will be playing Antoinette's 911 call momentarily.

Thanks!
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1828 on: November 17, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »

One thing that strikes me...Davis was told before she entered the court room the child had been found and there's no emotion, no nothing, not even a tear for Shaynia.  She knew good and well what happened to Shanyia, she was a part of it and expected the news.  The only hint of emotion at all is when the Judge tells her how many months the charges carry...she was worried about her own sorry azzz.  I am sick and tired of the media interviews with her Mother, her Aunt, her Sister all the BS about she wouldn't hurt her child! 

It's time for the public to show their outrage and demand changes and accountability for the Judges, CPS, DHR, Ad Litems and others that place and allow the system to keep our children in harm's way.

I can tell you from experience that not all Dad's just want to pay their support and forget about the child.  I can also tell you that without a formal custody order there may not have been much the Dad or Aunt could have done.  My son and I have been locked in a custody battle for over two years now against my Grandson's Mother.  To make matters worse it crosses state lines (AL & FL).   Alabama has jurisdiction.  At one point my Grandson was sleeping in a dog's bed! And yes the Judge, DHR, and CPS knows this.  She has lost custody of one child, is expecting another and has failed every drug test she ever took and continues to walk out of that courtroom with my Grandson.  They've been provided ample evidence of abuse, neglect and instability. We go back to court in January.

I know the situations are different however I just wanted to point out the courts and systems overwhelminly favor the natural mother no matter how big a POS she is and if the Dad didn't have a formal custody order (or in our case even he did) he may not could have done anything once Davis had Shaynia in her possession, even if they believed it to be a visit. 

Excellent, thought provoking post sugarbabies.  I totally  agree with what you are saying.  The aunt even said that there was nothing she could do because if she called LE they would not do anything because the baby was with her natural mother.  And I know from experience that is the truth..even when the Mom is a drug addict ..the LE can do nothing ..and usually do not want to get involved in custody issues anyway. 

I believe the aunt thought she would only be there for a weekend..and the Mom had already started to harm and prostitute the baby out.  The aunt had no way to know this..nor would have LE done anything since she was not the legal custodian.  I also think the school was called after they realized it was going to be a battle to get this child back and told to take her off the rolls.  If they hadn't then her aunt would have been looked at as a truant guardian.

This pos Mom had them over a barrel and I think she knew what she was doing the entire time.  She didn't show remorse or shock yesterday in court..and my guess is she never will.
Thank you.
 It is true LE doesn't want to get involved in custody issues.  I once begged the Bay County Sherriffs Dept to do a "well" check on my Grandson as he had a large knot and bruise on his forhead one weekend when we picked him up then the next weekend we were denied our court ordered visitation...I was told this is a custody issue and if the sherriff has the time and wants to he will.  Just like that. 

I also believed the Aunt thought Saynia was only going for the weekend and maybe told the school to withdraw her when she found out the child was going to be staying.  She said one time she realized they were gonna have to fight for her in the courts.   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1829 on: November 17, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »

do we have this?

"By Nick Needham, The Fayetteville *******, N.C.

Nov. 17--Antoinette Davis learned an hour before she made her first appearance in court that police may have found her daughter's body, a sheriff's spokeswoman said.

Davis appeared shaken Monday afternoon as she stood before a judge on charges related to the disappearance of her 5-year-old daughter. A judge told her she faces 40 years in prison if convicted on charges including human trafficking and felony child abuse involving prostitution.

Davis, 25, asked the judge for a court-appointed lawyer and did not enter a plea. She is being held on $51,000 bail in a cell apart from other inmates at the Cumberland County Detention Center.

Police say they found a child's body in a wooded area south of Sanford on Monday afternoon, nearly a week after Shaniya Davis was last seen at a Sanford hotel with Mario Andrette McNeill. He is charged with first-degree kidnapping.

Davis' aunt, Yvonne Mitchell, said the family was devastated by the news that Shaniya may be dead. Now, Mitchell said, she wanted to know why.

"She seemed happy," Mitchell said of Davis. "But if there was anything wrong, it was being hid very good."

Davis has worked since August as a part-time dietary aide at the Carolina Inn at Village Green, preparing meals for residents at the assisted-living community, according to owner Franklin Clark and a company that provides Carolina Inn with workers.

The company, CES Inc. of South Carolina, conducted a statewide background check on Davis before she was hired in June 2008, an executive said. Her record was clean, he said. And since she started with CES, the only disciplinary action in her file was reporting late for work one time.

Before 2008, Davis worked jobs cleaning Fayetteville hotels and businesses. She held some of those jobs only a few months, citing not enough work hours, according to her personnel records with CES.

Shaniya had been raised by her father, Bradley Lockhart, over the past three or four years. Lockhart said he let Shaniya stay with her mother last month after it appeared Davis had a job and a place to stay.

Davis has at least one other child, a 7-year-old. She is pregnant by Clarence D. Coe, the man whom Davis initially accused of kidnapping Shaniya from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park, police say. Based on that, Coe was arrested the day after Shaniya's disappearance. The charge was dropped after investigators found holes in Davis' story, and Davis now faces charges of filing a false police report and impeding an investigation.

Coe was in court Monday for Davis' hearing, but he made no comment.

Mitchell, the aunt of Davis, said she was unaware that Social Services had been working with Davis' children. She said she wonders what was going on.

"Maybe they should have done a little more than what they did," Mitchell said. "But maybe they did do their job. It's just sad."

Police have said the family had a history with Social Services, but they offered few details other than the family was not allowed to return to the residence because of a sewage issue.

McNeill's lawyer, Allen Rogers, said he was shaken to hear that a child's body was found in Sanford.

"I'm deeply saddened, and my condolences go to the family," Rogers said.

Rogers said he has talked with his client but offered no details. "

Staff writer Sarah A. Reid contributed to this report.

Staff writer Nick Needham can be reached at needhamn@fayobserver.com or 486-3572.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/137856699

-----

thanks jill...so she had been told.....well the reporter and I must have been looking at things differently....she didn't seem shaken in the least to me.....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1830 on: November 17, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »

(Update: 1:52 p.m.) Police confirm body is that of missing girl

FAYETTEVILLE — Police in Fayetteville have confirmed that the body searchers found in rural Lee County Monday afternoon is that of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Although police called off the search for the missing Davis after Monday's discovery, they were slow to confirm that the body was hers.

Several media outlets reported Monday night that police confirmed the body belonged to Davis, although police officials adamantly denied until around 1:50 p.m. today that identification had been made.

A brief press release from the Fayetteville Police Department reads "at this time the Medical Examiner’s office has confirmed the identity of the body found to be that of 5-year old Shaniya Davis. Official cause of death is still undetermined at this hour."

The press release also indicated that a press conference set for 4:30 p.m. today had been rescheduled until 10 a.m. tomorrow.

The conference has been rescheduled "due to new information received in the investigation," the press release reads.

Rescue worker describes discovery

A dog trainer who was present when the body now identified as 5-year-old Shaniya Davis was found along a wooded road in North Carolina says searchers initially overlooked the area because they saw only deer carcasses in trash bags.

But Jeff Riccio of Tarheel Cainine Training Inc. said Tuesday his team returned to the area after getting information that the body of Shaniya Davis might be near deer carcasses. The searchers then found the body Monday afternoon underneath kudzu along a rural highway southeast of Sanford.

The child’s mother has been charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse, accused of selling her daughter into sex slavery. Police also charged Mario McNeill with kidnapping after he was captured on a hotel’s surveillance video with Shaniya.

MORE...

http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article--Update-+1-52+p-m-+Police+confirm+body+is+that+of+missing+girl%20&id=4497019--Update-+1-52+p-m-+Police+confirm+body+is+that+of+missing+girl&instance=main_article
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1831 on: November 17, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »

I was under the assumption that the mom appeared for her hearing before Shaniya's body was found.

But I've read some stuff that says the hearing was after.

does anyone know for sure?

I read the hearing was shortly after the discovery...however I do NOT know if she had been told or not since the LE were waiting to 'confirm' identification.
In the ABC video posted a couple of pages back the reporter stated she had been told before going into the courtroom
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1832 on: November 17, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »

do we have this?

"By Nick Needham, The Fayetteville *******, N.C.

Nov. 17--Antoinette Davis learned an hour before she made her first appearance in court that police may have found her daughter's body, a sheriff's spokeswoman said.

Davis appeared shaken Monday afternoon as she stood before a judge on charges related to the disappearance of her 5-year-old daughter. A judge told her she faces 40 years in prison if convicted on charges including human trafficking and felony child abuse involving prostitution.

Davis, 25, asked the judge for a court-appointed lawyer and did not enter a plea. She is being held on $51,000 bail in a cell apart from other inmates at the Cumberland County Detention Center.

Police say they found a child's body in a wooded area south of Sanford on Monday afternoon, nearly a week after Shaniya Davis was last seen at a Sanford hotel with Mario Andrette McNeill. He is charged with first-degree kidnapping.

Davis' aunt, Yvonne Mitchell, said the family was devastated by the news that Shaniya may be dead. Now, Mitchell said, she wanted to know why.

"She seemed happy," Mitchell said of Davis. "But if there was anything wrong, it was being hid very good."

Davis has worked since August as a part-time dietary aide at the Carolina Inn at Village Green, preparing meals for residents at the assisted-living community, according to owner Franklin Clark and a company that provides Carolina Inn with workers.

The company, CES Inc. of South Carolina, conducted a statewide background check on Davis before she was hired in June 2008, an executive said. Her record was clean, he said. And since she started with CES, the only disciplinary action in her file was reporting late for work one time.

Before 2008, Davis worked jobs cleaning Fayetteville hotels and businesses. She held some of those jobs only a few months, citing not enough work hours, according to her personnel records with CES.

Shaniya had been raised by her father, Bradley Lockhart, over the past three or four years. Lockhart said he let Shaniya stay with her mother last month after it appeared Davis had a job and a place to stay.

Davis has at least one other child, a 7-year-old. She is pregnant by Clarence D. Coe, the man whom Davis initially accused of kidnapping Shaniya from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park, police say. Based on that, Coe was arrested the day after Shaniya's disappearance. The charge was dropped after investigators found holes in Davis' story, and Davis now faces charges of filing a false police report and impeding an investigation.

Coe was in court Monday for Davis' hearing, but he made no comment.

Mitchell, the aunt of Davis, said she was unaware that Social Services had been working with Davis' children. She said she wonders what was going on.

"Maybe they should have done a little more than what they did," Mitchell said. "But maybe they did do their job. It's just sad."

Police have said the family had a history with Social Services, but they offered few details other than the family was not allowed to return to the residence because of a sewage issue.

McNeill's lawyer, Allen Rogers, said he was shaken to hear that a child's body was found in Sanford.

"I'm deeply saddened, and my condolences go to the family," Rogers said.

Rogers said he has talked with his client but offered no details. "

Staff writer Sarah A. Reid contributed to this report.

Staff writer Nick Needham can be reached at needhamn@fayobserver.com or 486-3572.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/137856699

-----

thanks jill...so she had been told.....well the reporter and I must have been looking at things differently....she didn't seem shaken in the least to me.....

me either, Sunny.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #1833 on: November 17, 2009, 02:16:48 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

Lee County authorities have referred all questions to the Fayetteville Police Department. The department has a news briefing scheduled for 10 a.m. Wednesday, but it's unclear whether new charges will be announced then.

I THOUGHT PRESSER DUE TODAY AT 4:30 PM??? 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1834 on: November 17, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »

FAYETTEVILLE — Police in Fayetteville have confirmed that the body searchers found in rural Lee County Monday afternoon is that of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Although police called off the search for the missing Davis after Monday's discovery, they were slow to confirm that the body was hers.

Several media outlets reported Monday night that police confirmed the body belonged to Davis, although police officials adamantly denied until around 1:50 p.m. today that identification had been made.

A brief press release from the Fayetteville Police Department reads "at this time the Medical Examiner’s office has confirmed the identity of the body found to be that of 5-year old Shaniya Davis. Official cause of death is still undetermined at this hour."

The press release also indicated that a press conference set for 4:30 p.m. today had been rescheduled until 10 a.m. tomorrow.

The conference has been rescheduled "due to new information received in the investigation," the press release reads.

A dog trainer who was present when the body now identified as 5-year-old Shaniya Davis was found along a wooded road in North Carolina says searchers initially overlooked the area because they saw only deer carcasses in trash bags.

But Jeff Riccio of Tarheel Cainine Training Inc. said Tuesday his team returned to the area after getting information that the body of Shaniya Davis might be near deer carcasses. The searchers then found the body Monday afternoon underneath kudzu along a rural highway southeast of Sanford.

The child’s mother has been charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse, accused of selling her daughter into sex slavery. Police also charged Mario McNeill with kidnapping after he was captured on a hotel’s surveillance video with Shaniya.

MORE...

http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article--Update-+1-52+p-m-+Police+confirm+body+is+that+of+missing+girl%20&id=4497019--Update-+1-52+p-m-+Police+confirm+body+is+that+of+missing+girl&instance=main_article

thank you, Northern.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1835 on: November 17, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »

Hi Razzy, a warm welcome to you!   

Perhaps you can help us sort out some of the more confusing things reported by the media as what Shaniya's dad has said?  With a better understanding of that, am thinking it will be very helpful.  It may be hard for you to read some of these posts, since our emotions re Shaniya are very raw.  We didn't know her, true.  Yet many of us have fallen in love with that sweet angel face, and want desperately for justice to be brought for her. 

Please give Bradley and family our condolences, and let him know that we are only trying to understand.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1836 on: November 17, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »

" Who do I contact? Theresa Chance
Public Information Officer
(910) 433-1896
Fayetteville Police Department
Media Briefing Rescheduled 
Due to new information received in the investigation of Shaniya Davis, the Fayetteville Police Department has re-scheduled this afternoon’s media briefing to tomorrow morning, Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 at 10:00 a.m.  The briefing will be conducted in front of the police department. 

At this time the Medical Examiner’s office has confirmed the identity of the body found to be that of 5-year old Shaniya Davis.  Official cause of death is still undetermined at this hour.

There is no additional information to be released at this time.

-End-

"

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=1117200915852

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1837 on: November 17, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

Lee County authorities have referred all questions to the Fayetteville Police Department. The department has a news briefing scheduled for 10 a.m. Wednesday, but it's unclear whether new charges will be announced then.

I THOUGHT PRESSER DUE TODAY AT 4:30 PM??? 

I was but from the article I posted :

Dad's presser is still slated for 4:00 today  as I have found nothing about it being rescheduled
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #1838 on: November 17, 2009, 02:20:49 PM »

MORE...

thank you, Northern.

oops, thanks I probably read that and didn't realize I read it 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1839 on: November 17, 2009, 02:21:08 PM »

I guess it is too early for a cause of death? 

not saying yet, Anna.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.