April 28, 2024, 03:03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 689033 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1840 on: November 17, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1841 on: November 17, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »

hmmm....looks like the P.D. will be busy today.....

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1842 on: November 17, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »

<snipped>

Police wouldn't say whether McNeill, who is described as a former boyfriend of Davis, provided the information that prompted the search, but they made clear Monday that the information didn't come from an outside tip.

Both McNeill and Davis are being held in isolation at the Cumberland County Detention Center for their protection, authorities said.

Authorities confirmed Tuesday that Davis is pregnant and that Clarence Coe is the father of the child.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1843 on: November 17, 2009, 02:28:08 PM »

Shaniya Davis

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries.asp?page=lifestory&personid=136045439
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1844 on: November 17, 2009, 02:30:32 PM »

HLN - ME has identified body as being Shaniya.

Does anyone know if the HLN schedule varies from state to state? Several times now, someone will make mention of a PR on HLN and I'm not seeing the same thing? Now they are talking about releasing AD's 911 call.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1845 on: November 17, 2009, 02:31:47 PM »

HLN - ME has identified body as being Shaniya.

Thanks NR

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1846 on: November 17, 2009, 02:33:55 PM »

Oh wait.. something just occured to me. 

I just read in one of those articles that Shaniya had been "withdrawn" in October.  Withdrawn as in 'from school'..... or withdrawn as in 'emotionally'???? 

Her aunt couldn't have withdrawn her from school, could she?  As she wasn't the 'legal guardian', even tho she helped to raise her? 

I'm thinking what was meant in the article (if I can find it again, grrrrr), was likely more along the lines that Shaniya had become emotionally withdrawn at some point in October.  If that's the case, then the abuse very likely had begun around that same time.   Children do not typically go from being carefree, happy and healthy to emotionally withdrawn, for no reason. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1847 on: November 17, 2009, 02:33:55 PM »

so glad your mom is ok and lolol on the home invaders!  hope they got exactly what they deserve.

I'm probably thinking drugs because many, many (many) years ago when I was 18, I was at a house party in L.A. and we got home-invaded.  They were there for drugs, turned out the guy who owned the house was a dealer.

It was an extremely frightening situation.  I thought for sure I was going to die that night.

Probably just my own flashback that caused me to think Vickie's murder could be about drugs.

My husband has a close friend whose family was invading - they were all sitting at the dinner table, including his elderly parents - the robbers were there for money and jewelry.  Luckily, no one got hurt.

I think home invasions are so frightening...we are supposed to be able to feel safe in our own homes!! Glad you and your friends were all OK,

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1848 on: November 17, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »

Our emotions are totally raw so soon after the body has been found.  Perhaps the presser this afternoon will provide more information such as cause of death and maybe even the announcement of charges of murder against some.  Once again we have had our hearts broken and pulled out and stomped on!

It some accumulate and gets to the point we are ready to go after all these people with everything we have.

If we don't get the drug situation under control in this country, I think we will have just more of this same crap time after time.  So many of these young people with small children seem to live in that drug culture.

And yet there are not foster homes to take ALL these children.  I think all of them with parents who use drugs are in danger.

JMO

Amen Anna!  I would love to see any child abuser, rapist, killer...never see the light of day...once is enough...no second chances!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1849 on: November 17, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

I was under the assumption that the mom appeared for her hearing before Shaniya's body was found.

But I've read some stuff that says the hearing was after.

does anyone know for sure?

I read the hearing was shortly after the discovery...however I do NOT know if she had been told or not since the LE were waiting to 'confirm' identification.
In the ABC video posted a couple of pages back the reporter stated she had been told before going into the courtroom

thanks sugar!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: November 17, 2009, 02:43:16 PM »

" Who do I contact? Theresa Chance
Public Information Officer
(910) 433-1896
Fayetteville Police Department
Media Briefing Rescheduled 
Due to new information received in the investigation of Shaniya Davis, the Fayetteville Police Department has re-scheduled this afternoon’s media briefing to tomorrow morning, Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 at 10:00 a.m.  The briefing will be conducted in front of the police department. 

At this time the Medical Examiner’s office has confirmed the identity of the body found to be that of 5-year old Shaniya Davis.  Official cause of death is still undetermined at this hour.

There is no additional information to be released at this time. 
-End-

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=1117200915852

Thanks.....uuummm new information!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1851 on: November 17, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »

Medical Examiner Confirms Child's Body is Shaniya Davis
Police Have 'New Information' About Shaniya Davis Case

The announcement was expected, yet it still had a funereal sadness when a medical examiner confirmed today that a body found in the woods was that of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

At the same time, Fayetteville police said they had "new information" about the case, prompting them to cancel a news conference scheduled for lthis afternoon. Police did say that additional charges are expected to be filed in the case.

The autopsy was to be performed in Chapel Hill at the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, a spokeswoman told ABCNews.com today. Police said a cause of death had not yet been determined.

A spokeswoman from the FBI's Charlotte office confirmed the FBI had been called into support the local authorities, but would not comment on when they were contacted and why North Carolina officials waited for the FBI to arrive before removing Shaniya's body from the scene.

Shaniya's mother, 25-year-old Antoinette Davis was charged over the weekend with human trafficking and child prostitution. She appeared in court Monday where the judge told her she faced a possible 98 months in prison. That was before the child's body was found.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/autopsy-planned-body-believed-shaniya-davis/story?id=9104599
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1852 on: November 17, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »

This may be what Shaniya's paternal aunt is asking herself over and again, and I'm not trying to kick her while she's down either.  Just trying to make some sense of this thing. 

Supposedly, Shaniya's dad allowed Antoinette to have Shaniya the weekend of Oct. 31.  And supposedly Antoinette asked the dad for more time to spend with Shaniya and he agreed to let her stay a bit longer than the weekend.  I can understand that he was gonna give Antoinette a chance, etc.  But the timing in this is... odd to me.  Shaniya was supposed to be in school on that following Monday.  Why wouldn't the dad have told Antoinette something like, 'how about your spending more time with her on her next school break'.   

So then we hear that at some point, Antoinette supposedly called the paternal aunt saying something like 'you'll never see her again!'... Why didn't the aunt right then, call 911?  She was the guardian for Shaniya, she had every right to do that, IMO.  There was no court order for Antoinette to have Shaniya.  To make such claims during a visitation *allowed* by her dad, I figure that LE would have met the aunt over at Antoinette's and assisted by their presence to make sure that Shaniya was returned to the aunt/guardian. 

It seems there is much that hasn't been said, which explains why it's so very confusing.  We're learning more and more each day, as bits and pieces come out, but gosh!  The more we are learning, the less sense it is making!  IMO. 

And one last point, for now.....

In Haleigh's case, the kids were left with Misty, a minor live-in "babysitter", at the time Haleigh went missing.  Some have wondered whether or not charges might be brought against Ron, the dad (guardian), for making the choice to leave his kids in the care of what turns out to have been an incompetent caregiver.   

And now we have Shaniya's dad/aunt (guardian), who made the choice to leave Shaniya in the care of what turns out to have been an incompetent caregiver.  Might the same apply to them, charges of negligence? 

There are differences in these two cases, yes.  Bottom line tho, both Haleigh and Shaniya are gone.  Shaniya for sure in heaven, and Haleigh hasn't been found yet. 

I'm *not* saying let's blame the dad/aunt for Shaniya's death, because the blame for that is IMO on Antoinette and her minions.  I am wondering if they can be considered by LE, at the most..... negligent?  Sigh. 

I haven't caught up yet but I want to address this because you are not the first to mention it.  I read somewhere that court documents of child custody and child support are not found yet, and the dad said that they had never been to court that they just had an understanding.  Now I know every state is different but in Texas if both parents are on a birth certificate and there is no court order establishing custody to one parent or a set visitation the other can legally kidnap their kid and the law cannot get involved, because they are both the parent and no law is broke with no court order established.  A good example I have, my friend broke up with her boyfriend, he broke into her home and stole their son, when the police showed up and found out that he is the father on the birth certificate and that there was no court order determining custody they told her that there was nothing they could do legally because he was the babys father and had just as much right as she did to have his child.  Almost the exact same thing to a T happened to another friend of mine.  Police do not get involved in those kinds of issues unless it is a legal case of kidnapping.  So with no court order in place and the aunt only being listed as guardian at the schoolbut not the actual legal guardian of the child there was not one thing she could do to get Shaniya back from her mother, and if the NC laws are similar to the Texas ones in this aspect, there doesn't seem to be much the father could have done either, but with him being in another state it definetly put him in a position of not being able to do anything.  Which is why it is so VERY important to make sure a custody or visitation order is established,because you want to protect yourself and your kids.  Please don't ever take any chances.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1853 on: November 17, 2009, 02:53:05 PM »

HLN just played the 911 call. I'm sure they'll replay it every half hour, I need to listen to it again. One thing that stood out was when dispatch asked how much Shaniya weighed the POS mom said she didn't remember.......Does that remind you of anyone....Does MC come to mind???
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1854 on: November 17, 2009, 02:55:51 PM »

so glad your mom is ok and lolol on the home invaders!  hope they got exactly what they deserve.

I'm probably thinking drugs because many, many (many) years ago when I was 18, I was at a house party in L.A. and we got home-invaded.  They were there for drugs, turned out the guy who owned the house was a dealer.

It was an extremely frightening situation.  I thought for sure I was going to die that night.

Probably just my own flashback that caused me to think Vickie's murder could be about drugs.

My husband has a close friend whose family was invading - they were all sitting at the dinner table, including his elderly parents - the robbers were there for money and jewelry.  Luckily, no one got hurt.

I think home invasions are so frightening...we are supposed to be able to feel safe in our own homes!! Glad you and your friends were all OK,

thanks, Sunny.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1855 on: November 17, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »

HLN just played the 911 call. I'm sure they'll replay it every half hour, I need to listen to it again. One thing that stood out was when dispatch asked how much Shaniya weighed the POS mom said she didn't remember.......Does that remind you of anyone....Does MC come to mind???

I don't know about anyone else but I have 4 kids and I can't remember their shoe sizes let alone how much they weigh.  And if I do remember by some off chance I usually give the wrong childs size because I get confused.  I just pray I am never in a situation like that, and I mean from a point that I did not cause, because I guarantee you I will never cause the kind of situation that Shaniya was in.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1856 on: November 17, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »

yes.

any she said that the last time she had seen Shaniya was 5:30 pm the night before.

The 911 operator corrected her saying 5:30 this morning?  and A said yes.

Now, the call was made at 6:53 - one hour and 20 minutes after 5:30 am.  But the way A said 5:30 the night before, made it sound like she had last seen her longer than an hour and 20 minutes before.

She also described the navy blue tshirt, but didn't add that she had panties on - until asked by the operator if she had on panties.  A had a hard time describing those panties.

I don't think she had on panties.

She did say that she was not wearing shoes and that her hair was "out".

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1857 on: November 17, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »

I don't know about anyone else but I have 4 kids and I can't remember their shoe sizes let alone how much they weigh.  And if I do remember by some off chance I usually give the wrong childs size because I get confused.  I just pray I am never in a situation like that, and I mean from a point that I did not cause, because I guarantee you I will never cause the kind of situation that Shaniya was in.

I wouldn't know for sure, but I'd make a guess at it.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: November 17, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »

Police say they're looking for body of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis
THE FAYETTEVILLE *******, N.C. | Mon, Nov 16, 11:57 AM

At a press briefing at 10:30 a.m., Chance said people have been turning out in droves to offer help but no more volunteer searchers are currently needed. She said civilians who want to help can call the police at 433-1820 to volunteer.

Meantime, the State Highway Patrol issued a 'be on the lookout for' advisory this morning, saying that they're looking for a man who had been spotted with Davis. The man is believed to be about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota, according to an official with the Highway patrol. He may be in the vicinity of Raeford Road or Cliffdale Road.

Chance said police are following up any and all tips but are still concentrating their search for Shaniya on Walker Road.

At a press conference at the search site at 9 a.m. today, Chance said police had received some tips.

She said Mario Andrette McNeill, who has admitted to kidnapping Shaniya and is in custody, has been "extremely uncooperative" but has given some information to police.

Chance said McNeill is known to frequent Sanford. He was arrested Thursday after being identified as being with Shaniya Tuesday morning at the Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford. The two were seen on a surveillance tape at 6:11 a.m. Chance said police know McNeill left the motel with Shaniya at about 7:30 a.m. but they don't know what condition Shaniya was in at that point

http://dailyme.com/story/2009111600004240/police-body-5-year-old-shaniya-davis.html

If AD was in on it all WHY did she make the 911 call at 6:53 AM reporting the kidnapping of her daughter?  According to the following ... Shanyia was still alive at 7:30 AM.

Could it be that someone inside the house that did not have a clue what was going on noticed Shanyia missing and ... following a quick search around the home pressured AD to phone 911.

Janet

++++++

More charges expected in North Carolina girl's deathBy Gabriel Falcon, CNNNovember 17, 2009 1:09 p.m. EST

"The investigation at this point indicates that Shaniya Davis was alive at the time she left the Sanford hotel," police said in the statement Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/17/north.carolina.girl.dead/index.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1859 on: November 17, 2009, 03:05:41 PM »

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to all the new monkeys

Here's a link to the 911 call
http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/6439590/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.