April 27, 2024, 06:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 689000 times)
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1920 on: November 17, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »

Shaniya Davis' death is second tragedy for the child's father

The death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis is the second time her father, Bradley Wayne Lockhart, has dealt with tragedy.

In 1998, Lockhart's wife of seven years was murdered along with her 19-year-old sister at a home on Graham Road. The two women were bound, gagged and shot with a shotgun in what police said was a robbery.

Three others were also shot; one, 24-year-old David Epps, also died.

Lockhart and his wife, Vickie Sue Lockhart, had three children together. Since the murders, the children have mostly stayed with their grandparents in the Remington subdivision behind Seventy-First High School.

"We've had a lot of tragedy in our family," said Byron Coleman, the father of Vickie Sue Lockhart and Channel Coleman. That's about all he could bring himself to say, after the discovery of Shaniya's body Monday near Sanford.

Two men were later convicted and sentenced to life in prison for the 1998 killings.

Shaniya had spent most of the past three or four years living with Bradley Lockhart at his home in northern Cumberland County. Lockhart has said he didn't have much of a relationship with Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis.

Last month, Lockhart let Shaniya live with her mother after she had appeared to get her life together, he said. Davis and another man are now implicated in Shaniya's disappearance.

Byron Coleman and his 13-year-old grandson helped in the search for Shaniya, which began Sunday morning along N.C. 87.

Coleman said he also spent Saturday night driving back roads between Sanford and Siler City looking for any sign of Shaniya. The former Marine said he had talked to officials at Camp Lejeune about helping with the search about an hour before Shaniya's body was found.

"It made my stomach just turn," said Phyllis Coleman, Byron's wife, of hearing the news. "It was heartbreaking to us ... We loved Shaniya, too."

The Colemans said Bradley and Vickie Sue Lockhart's three children - Byron III, 20; Cheyenne, 17; and 13-year-old Chivas - are handling the loss of Shaniya as well as they can. They are Shaniya's half-siblings.

"Cheyenne just broke up," Phyllis Coleman said. "That was the only sister she ever had."

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/953014

oh man!  that is so sad...

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1921 on: November 17, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »

Does anyone have a picture of Cheyenne Lockhart from NG show?

Here you go
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1922 on: November 17, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

Sorry if a repost:

Due to new information received in the investigation of Shaniya Davis, the Fayetteville Police Department has re-scheduled this afternoon’s media briefing to tomorrow morning, Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. The briefing will be conducted in front of the police department.

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=1117200915852

Thanks Wyks.

I wonder what the update could be.  Maybe Nancy Grace will shed some light.

I believe that there are explosive aspects encompassing the Shanyia Davis story that have yet to be revealed.

My heart breaks for this little girl.  She was defenceless.  She never stood a chance again the evil that surrounded her.  The adults in Shanyia's life failed in their God-give responsibility to take the necessary steps to protect her and ... that makes me very sad and ... it makes me very angry.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1923 on: November 17, 2009, 04:50:55 PM »

This article is the closest to what Carey said today

<snipped>

Traded between homes

Shaniya has bounced between homes since birth, shared between a mother and a father who conceived her during a chance encounter one night. Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs.

"There was no denying that she was his," Carey Lockhart said of the resemblance between Shaniya and her father.

Lockhart described Shaniya as a joyful girl who loved to dress up in pretty clothes and make her cousins laugh. She was a kindergartner at Morganton Road Elementary School in Fayetteville.

Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

But 21/2 weeks ago, Lockhart said, the informal parenting arrangement dissolved.

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

"I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do," said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

"I knew when [my brother] came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this," Lockhart said.

That resolution never came. Bradley Lockhart had not returned from a job in Oregon when Shaniya disappeared.

Last Tuesday, Lockhart rang his sister with bizarre news. A neighbor called him to say that police were looking for Shaniya.

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

A million thoughts raced through Carey Lockhart's head: Maybe her mother was hiding her? Maybe someone wanted to collect a ransom from her brother?

She peppered police with questions. They grilled her right back. She feared they suspected she had done something to Shaniya. She buckled in tears and remembers police relenting.

"I was about to die," Lockhart said. "I cannot describe the devastation. All the things I could have done different."

http://www.newsobserver.com/home/v-mobile/story/196127.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1924 on: November 17, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »

Body Of Missing 5 Year Old Girl Found Near Sanford

By The Raleigh Telegram 17.NOV.09
FAYETTEVILLE - The body of a five year old girl from the Fayetteville area who has been missing for a week was found in some woods near Sanford on Monday. Although murder charges have not been filed, her mother and another man who was recorded on video surveillance tape carrying her away have been arrested.

According to police, the body of Shaniya Nicole Davis, age 5, of 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville, was found in a wooded area off of Highway 87 near Sanford on Monday.

The Fayetteville ******* newspaper said that her body was found by members of the US Virgin Islands Police Department who were training with their police dogs in North Carolina, although another 250 volunteers had also been searching in that area for almost two days.

Officials have said that her body has been taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Although details have not been made about how they determined where to search for her body, according to WRAL-TV, the Fayetteville Police Department is scheduled to host a press conference at 10am on Wednesday morning and will likely release more details and possibly announce additional charges.

Charged in the tragic case, which has garnered national attention, are the girl's mother and another suspect, a man from the Fayetteville area.

Arrested last Friday on first degree kidnapping charges was Mario Andrette McNeill, age 29, of Pine Springs Drive in Fayetteville. In an effort to find Shaniya Davis, police released still photographs that were captured by surveillance cameras at the Comfort Suites in Sanford showing McNeill carrying Shaniya down a hallway after she had been abducted. According to various media reports, Fayetteville Police said that McNeill also admitted to abducting her.

Although the arrest warrant alleges that McNeill kidnapped the child "without the consent of the victim's parent or legal guardian", the Fayetteville Police Department has alleged that her mother was involved as well and that she allegedly sold her daughter into sexual slavery.

On Saturday, police arrested Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, age 25, and charged her with one count of human trafficking with a child victim and one count of felony child abuse through prostitution acts.

In the arrest warrant, police allege that Ms. Antoinette Davis "did knowingly provide Shaniya Davis, with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and that she "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya Davis."

Ms. Davis initially stated to police that she believed another man, with whom she is pregnant with another child, had taken Shaniya. That man, Clarence Coe, was initially arrested but then later released and cleared of all charges.

It was hoped by many until Monday's discovery of the body that Shaniya would be found alive and investigators were quoted in the media as saying that they working the case around the clock in the hopes that they could locate her.

Bradley Lockhart, Shaniya's father and who has not been charged in the case, made emotional pleas on national television for the kidnappers to return his daughter.

During an interview on Monday with CBS News, Lockhart said that only recently did he allow his daughter to stay with Ms. Davis, as he had reservations about her ability to take care of her.

"She had asked if she could be a mother, and I felt that she was sincere in asking and I figured I'd give her a chance," Lockhart told CBS.

http://www.raleigh3.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=2855&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=2724&hn=raleigh3&he=.com

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1925 on: November 17, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »

My heart is broken once again!! 

REST IN PEACE Little Shaniya Baby!!  an angelic monkey

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1926 on: November 17, 2009, 05:00:36 PM »

Jane Velez Mitchell just said that the bio mother took Shaniya out of school, and the father did not know she had done that.  HLN

That was one of the last questions I think before he walked into the house.  My heart breaks as she had Shaniya for 4 weeks and I am scared to think of what she may have been forced to do for the last 4 weeks if she was not in school . 

me too NR......the horror in my mind right now is scary even for me!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1927 on: November 17, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »

Jane Velez Mitchell just said that the bio mother took Shaniya out of school, and the father did not know she had done that.  HLN

I wonder why he didn't know ? Perhaps I have become hard hearted but I just can't feel for the dad and the aunt. So many red flags were not responded to. I knew everything it was possible to know about my babies and I knew there whereabouts every second of everyday. I know they are sad, well I think the aunt is sad and dad has had his own tragedy but I feel as though I am just staring at people who could have made the difference while they go through the motions of grief. It just doesn't touch me.

So many dead babies and if onlys.... 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1928 on: November 17, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »

Mario Andrette McNeil Arrest Warrant

thanks NR....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1929 on: November 17, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »

pb

It horrifies me to think of what this poor baby went through.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1930 on: November 17, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »

Antoniette Davis Arrest Warrant

If I said what was in my mind right now Klaas would HAVE to ban me...so I will just...#$^$%&^%*&^(^&&%^@%$%^(*)^&^#$%$

Rest in Peace Caylee

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1931 on: November 17, 2009, 05:03:24 PM »

The 911 call is bogus!!! AD said she last saw her at 5:30PM the night before. God only knows what happened in all the time before she was reported missing. OMG!!!!  She definitely said "Five thirty LAST NIGHT!"

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1932 on: November 17, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »

Does anyone have a picture of Cheyenne Lockhart from NG show?

Here you go

Thanks....I was looking at her facebook account and I wasn't sure it was the same girl....

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1933 on: November 17, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »

Father, aunt: End violence against children

<snipped>

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, thanked everyone Tuesday afternoon for their prayers and support and thanked the Fayetteville police, other law enforcement officers and volunteers who helped find his daughter.

"My heart hopes and bleeds and prays that this community (and) this country can possibly unite as one to prevent something like this from happening again to another special angel," Lockhart said.

He said he was "appalled and disgusted" about the possibility that his daughter was sold as a sex slave.

During a Monday morning interview on CBS' "Early Show," he said he and his sister had been caring for Shaniya until a few weeks ago, when she went to live with her mother. Davis had worked to get her life together and had been working for at least six months and gotten a place of her own, he said.

"She had asked if she could be a mother, and I felt she was sincere in asking, and I figured to give her a chance," he said.

Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere. No reason was given for the move.

A search of court records turned up no previous criminal charges against Davis, but she has been investigated by the Cumberland County Department of Social Services.

Her uncle, Michael Davis, said DSS looked at her with regard to her 7-year-old son, not Shaniya. The case was closed, and Antoinette Davis was able to retain custody of the boy, her uncle said.

DSS Director Brenda Jackson has declined to comment on her agency's involvement with the Davis family.

Antoinette Davis worked in the kitchen at Carolina Inn at Village Green, an assisted living facility in Fayetteville.

CES, a South Carolina-based staffing company that has a contract with Carolina Inn, hired her in June 2008 after an extensive background check, an official said. She had a good employment record at both Carolina Inn and the Haymount Nursing Rehabilitation Facility, but she is no longer employed by the company, the official said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1934 on: November 17, 2009, 05:06:32 PM »

The 911 call is bogus!!! AD said she last saw her at 5:30PM the night before. God only knows what happened in all the time before she was reported missing. OMG!!!!  She definitely said "Five thirty LAST NIGHT!"

That part I feel is true.  The last time she saw her was the previous day at 5:30.  The rest I feel she is making it up as she goes.
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1935 on: November 17, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »

pb

It horrifies me to think of what this poor baby went through.   

I know...

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1936 on: November 17, 2009, 05:09:05 PM »

Father Of Dead Five-Year-Old Reacts To Daughter's Death

(Fayetteville, NC) -- The father of five-year-old Shaniya Davis, whose remains were found in North Carolina Monday, has issued a plea to the nation.

Brad Lockhart urged Americans to report suspicions of child abuse.

He asked people not to ignore a situation where any person might be in danger.

He said "we can't just keep ignoring these types of situations." He thanked all the volunteers who gave hours to the search for his daughter even though the result wasn't what he'd hoped for.

Lockhart indicated he'd been told very little about the case by authorities and said he was unaware the child's mother had been accused of prostituting the little girl.

He says Shaniya had spent most of her life living with him but went to stay with her mother on October 9th.

He believes social service agencies were aware the girl had moved into a troubled home.

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, is facing charges of human trafficking, felony child abuse and prostitution.

http://mystateline.com/content/fulltext/?cid=116482
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1937 on: November 17, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »

Remember, in other cases we learned about 911 calls, that the very first info given being important??   

How in a true emergency, it's very likely we'd be screaming first off, "My daughter is missing!"  The operator would very likely have to calm us down, back us up in order to get the info needed. 

Not so with Antoinette.  She starts out with her name.  Then gives her address.  Is all detailed and repeats for the operator.  Says 'Yes ma'am' a couple of times.  Not screaming into the phone what her emergency is.  Then pauses!!!!!!!!!  And THEN leads out with.... an alibi ----->  "I just woke up this morning" and.....  THEN manages to remember the point of her call, that her daughter wasn't in the house. 

Below is the first part of the call...........

Transcribed 911 Call:

Dispatcher: 911, what is your emergency?
AD: Yes, ma'am. My name is Antionette Davis at 11[inaudible] Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher: Ma'am?
AD: My name is Antionette Davis at 1116a Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher:I said I'm not getting your address clearly. Can you slow down a little bit, and tell me again?
AD: Yes. 1116a Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher:1115a?
AD: 16
Dispatcher: One six?
AD: Yes, ma'am.
Dispatcher: Okay, ma'am, how can I help you?
AD: (Short pause) I woke up this morning and my daughter was not in this house. I don't know if she walked out or...I don't know what's goin on, but she's not here. .
Dispatcher: How old is your daughter?

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #1938 on: November 17, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »

That part I feel is true.  The last time she saw her was the previous day at 5:30.  The rest I feel she is making it up as she goes.

I feel she screwed up when she said 5:30 last night.....
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1939 on: November 17, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »

The 911 operator lead her along, something a well trained operator should have never done!!! I am infuriated at the incompetence all along the line.....

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.