April 19, 2024, 04:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 688503 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1060 on: November 16, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »

That is very interesting that they are searching some homes as well as the woods.

Hi NRCG,

I didn't see where the some homes are being searched was it on the video?  TIA.

Good Morning, it was a page or two back, I think Wyks posted it, and highlighted that part.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1061 on: November 16, 2009, 10:21:14 AM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/16/952562

Published: 10:03 AM, Mon Nov 16, 2009
Police say they're looking for body of 5-year-old Davis

A staff report

Police searching for 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in a wooded area off N.C. 87 near Sanford say they are looking for a body.

Based on "reliable information," they believe her body may have been dumped off Walker Road near its intersection with the highway, said police spokeswoman Theresa Chance.

About 200 people are searching both sides of Walker Road near where it intersects with N.C. 87. They include police and sheriff's deputies from Fayetteville, Sanford and Lee County, fire department personnel and civilians who live in the area and who know the woods.

At a press conference at the search site this morning, Chance said police had received some tips. She said Mario Andrette McNeill, who has admitted to kidnapping Shaniya and is in custody, has been "extremely uncooperative" but has given some information to police.

Chance said McNeill is known to frequent Sanford. He was arrested Thursday after being identified as being with Shaniya Tuesday morning at the Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford. The two were seen on a surveillance tape at 6:11 a.m. Chance said police know McNeill left the motel with Shaniya at about 7:30 a.m. but they don't know what condition Shaniya was in at that point.
(snipped)
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1062 on: November 16, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »

Hello. This is my first post here, but I've read every single post on this thread over a course of time. I found this message board through a search engine.. Anyways, thank you for approving me, so I can contribute. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer that I just can't understand. McNeill turned HIMSELF in. He admits to the kidnapping, but pleads "Not guilty".  Am I missing something? At first I thought he was guilty of kidnapping Shaniya, but passed her over to someone else, so he is innocent of physical harm. But then: No other arrests have been made, so who else would give such a promising tip to have alllll this manpower thoroughly searching HWY 82 & Walker but McNeill? Today, my personal belief is that the charges against Antoinett stem from trafficking her daughter TO McNeill. I don't think they're smart enough to traffic her overseas etc. I think McNeill confessed and told LE where he 'dumped' Shaniya. So many questions- this case is causing me to lose sleep. I hope this baby's okay.... What makes it so heartbreaking are the images from the surveillance- they literally haunt me. This case is painfully reminding me of Carley Brucia. Sad
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1063 on: November 16, 2009, 10:27:48 AM »

This story is just so very painful. I am having a hard time coming to grips with so many women harming children lately. I just can't wrap my head around it. I am beginning to feel that humans are the lowest life form. No animal mother would sacrifice it's own. Where do we begin as a society to change the violence? I believe in doing my part to make the world a better place, but where to begin? So much horrific violence.
I think the pendulum of society has swung so far in one direction, it must begin to swing back. Personally, I don't know if I can follow these stories any longer. A child murdered by another female child, a mother murders her child, a woman rapes and murders a child. Why why why why? It's like society is going mad and I want to retreat to a deserted island w/ my baby. 

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1064 on: November 16, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »

Hello. This is my first post here, but I've read every single post on this thread over a course of time. I found this message board through a search engine.. Anyways, thank you for approving me, so I can contribute. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer that I just can't understand. McNeill turned HIMSELF in. He admits to the kidnapping, but pleads "Not guilty".  Am I missing something? At first I thought he was guilty of kidnapping Shaniya, but passed her over to someone else, so he is innocent of physical harm. But then: No other arrests have been made, so who else would give such a promising tip to have alllll this manpower thoroughly searching HWY 82 & Walker but McNeill? Today, my personal belief is that the charges against Antoinett stem from trafficking her daughter TO McNeill. I don't think they're smart enough to traffic her overseas etc. I think McNeill confessed and told LE where he 'dumped' Shaniya. So many questions- this case is causing me to lose sleep. I hope this baby's okay.... What makes it so heartbreaking are the images from the surveillance- they literally haunt me. This case is painfully reminding me of Carlie Brucia. Sad
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1065 on: November 16, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »

Morning Monkeys and Guest!

It is never a "good" morning when we are here waiting on the body of a 5 yr old child to be found. I just don't have any words this morning.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1066 on: November 16, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »

Justagirl WELCOME   Carlie Bruchia and Sandra Cantu both being on surveillance, except of course with Sandra we didn't see her killer. I was thinking McNeill was talking, but the one article said he is not being very cooperative but has talked some, so maybe he did tell LE where Shaniya would be located.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1067 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »

Morning Monkeys and Guest!

It is never a "good" morning when we are here waiting on the body of a 5 yr old child to be found. I just don't have any words this morning.
Agreed 
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1068 on: November 16, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »

Father pleads for missing girl's return, but police get tip about body

Posted: Today at 6:04 a.m.
Updated: 41 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — The father and aunt of a missing 5-year-old Fayetteville girl made a heartfelt plea for her return Monday, while authorities followed a tip that her body had been dumped in a densely vegetated area near the Lee-Harnett county line.

CBS exclusive: Father of missing girl talks
Shaniya Nicole Davis was first reported missing from her 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive home by her mother early last Tuesday. On Friday, Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, was charged with kidnapping, and late Saturday, her mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, was arrested on accusations that she prostituted her daughter.

Fayetteville police said Monday that they have received a tip that Shaniya's body was dumped along Walker Road, off N.C. Highway 87. About 200 law enforcement agents and volunteers are searching the area.

"I just ask that at this time, please just let her go," Shaniya's aunt, Carey Lockhart Davis, pleaded on CBS' "Early Show" Monday. "She doesn't deserve this. Have a kind heart."

"Drop her off at WalMart, anywhere, I don’t care – just so somebody can find her and bring her back to the people that love her," her father, Bradley Lockhart, said.

The site where authorities are searching is about 6 miles from the last confirmed sighting of Shaniya. She was seen on security video at the Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford, along with a man who police believe is McNeill.

Also on Monday, Davis will appear in court. Police said that arrest documents say that she "knowingly provide(d) Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit(ted) an act of prostitution."

Lockhart said hearing of those developments in the case was devastating.

"Just everything inside you falls out, you just lose all train of thought. And you just hope for the best," he said.

Lockhart and Lockhart-Davis, who live out of state, cared for the girl until last month, when she went to live with her mother. Davis had worked to get her life together and had been working for at least six months and gotten a place of her own, Lockhart said.

"She had asked if she could be a mother, and I felt she was sincere in asking, and I figured to give her a chance," he said.

Lockhart-Davis, who is not related to the girl's mother, recalled happy times with Shaniya, when the girl would come home from school showing off marks for good behavior.

"She's a precious, little angel, full of joy," Lockart said. "A little reserved when you first meet her, but once she gets to know you, she just runs around, plays and won't leave you alone.

"She's just a happy, little angel," he continued.

Shaniya is described as 3 feet tall and 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt with pink underwear. She is thin and has a scar on her foot.

Anyone with information on Shaniya's whereabouts is asked to call the Fayetteville Police Department at 910-433-1856 or Crime Stoppers at 910-483-8477.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6426418/

apologies if this is a repost
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1069 on: November 16, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »

A staff report

Police searching for 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in a wooded area off N.C. 87 near Sanford say they are looking for a body.

Based on "reliable information," they believe her body may have been dumped off Walker Road near its intersection with the highway, said police spokeswoman Theresa Chance.

About 200 people are searching both sides of Walker Road near where it intersects with N.C. 87. They include police and sheriff's deputies from Fayetteville, Sanford and Lee County, fire department personnel and civilians who live in the area and who know the woods.

((Meantime, the State Highway Patrol issued a 'be on the lookout for' advisory this morning, saying that they're looking for a man who have been spotted with Davis. The man is believed to be about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota, according to an official with the Highway patrol. He may be in the vicinity of Raeford Road or Cliffdale Road.))   
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1070 on: November 16, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »

Hello. This is my first post here, but I've read every single post on this thread over a course of time. I found this message board through a search engine.. Anyways, thank you for approving me, so I can contribute. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer that I just can't understand. McNeill turned HIMSELF in. He admits to the kidnapping, but pleads "Not guilty".  Am I missing something? At first I thought he was guilty of kidnapping Shaniya, but passed her over to someone else, so he is innocent of physical harm. But then: No other arrests have been made, so who else would give such a promising tip to have alllll this manpower thoroughly searching HWY 82 & Walker but McNeill? Today, my personal belief is that the charges against Antoinett stem from trafficking her daughter TO McNeill. I don't think they're smart enough to traffic her overseas etc. I think McNeill confessed and told LE where he 'dumped' Shaniya. So many questions- this case is causing me to lose sleep. I hope this baby's okay.... What makes it so heartbreaking are the images from the surveillance- they literally haunt me. This case is painfully reminding me of Carley Brucia. Sad

WELCOME JUSTAGIRL!!    I wish it were under happier circumstances that we meet.

I agree with your post and have from the first hint of human trafficking that this charge stemmed from POS bio mom gave POS perp for just that purpose. I don't see anything in his background about being a child predator, but this might have been the first time he's been caught.....

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1071 on: November 16, 2009, 10:58:08 AM »

They are specifically searching for her body.
 Also searching for a 60's-ish man who was reportedly seen with her.
 Mario uncooperative in general, but has given up some information.
 Police know that Mario left the hotel with Shaniya at 7:30 that morning.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1072 on: November 16, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »

A staff report

((Meantime, the State Highway Patrol issued a 'be on the lookout for' advisory this morning, saying that they're looking for a man who have been spotted with Davis. The man is believed to be about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota, according to an official with the Highway patrol. He may be in the vicinity of Raeford Road or Cliffdale Road.))   

Wonder if they mean Shaniya or maybe her mother before she was arested?

God Bless!
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1073 on: November 16, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »

I would like to ask the dad "WHY", why after raising your daughter for 5 years did you give her back to that horrible woman. I know if I was in a similar situation I wouldn't have handed her off just to "give her a chance" this woman was a complete stranger to him. Apart from the original act that ended in a pregnancy, there was no reason to suppose the woman capable of caring for a gerbil let alone another human being.
I would have gone to the home, one look at that feces ridden trailer should have told him that she was going into a hellhole. I suspect he didn't even check, would any of you check? I know I would never hand my baby off to anyone unless I had checked out the living situation and viability for long term care myself. Someone suddenly doesn't become competent overnight and dear god DFS had already been there for the other children.
So I want to know why her dad suddenly let her go to her mom who had never bonded with her and who she didn't give a damn about. Someone else in the picture? another girlfriend, needed time for himself. No woman I know in that situation would have given her up like that. JMHO and I'm sticking to it...Just wanted to give the mom a chance indeed!!!!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1074 on: November 16, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »

http://news.mync.com/site/news/story/44291/amber-alert-authorities-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl/

Fayetteville PD Tip:  Shaniya Davis’ Body Dumped Near Highway 87

By NBC17, NBC17, 8 hours, 25 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -

Fayetteville police say crews have taken their search for Shaniya Davis near the Lee/Harnett County line after receiving a tip the child's body may have been dumped in the area.

Searchers are combing the Walker Road corridor off of Highway 87.

Police arrested Shaniya Davis' mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, Saturday night.  She is expected to make her first court appearance at 2:30 p.m Monday.

Antoinette Davis has been charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse/prostitution, filing a false police report, and resist, delay, or obstruct.

Police said Shaniya is the victim of the human trafficking and child abuse/prostitution charges, but would not go into more detail about the charges.

Police said the other two charges are a result of false information given by Davis to police, which led to the arrest of Clarence Coe. He was initially charged with Shaniya's kidnapping, but those charges were later dropped.
(snipped)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1075 on: November 16, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »

A staff report

Wonder if they mean Shaniya or maybe her mother before she was arested?
I'm taking it to mean Shaniya, but I really don't know. Here is the link   http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/16/952562
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:04 AM »

Thanks No Rose, things just aren't registering with me this morning. Nothing in this case makes any sense to me. Just so da@n sad and uncalled for.

God Bless!
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1077 on: November 16, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »

I dont believe 2 wrongs make a right....HOWEVER......I think they need to let the egg donor out in a common area and the guards take a coffee break.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1078 on: November 16, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »

Thanks No Rose, things just aren't registering with me this morning. Nothing in this case makes any sense to me. Just so da@n sad and uncalled for.
That is how I took it, but they could have meant the mother, the statement was not very clear at all.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1079 on: November 16, 2009, 11:10:34 AM »

MM, I want to know that too.  How is it that after 5 years, you allow your child to go live with some one that is basically a stranger to them.  I wonder if there was any contact between dad and daughter while she was with this woman ( I mean, pimp  )  5 years old .... unbelievable!  Killing this woman would be too good for her!  Why did she even report her missing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.