March 28, 2024, 10:58:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 687168 times)
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1080 on: November 16, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »

Authorities search woods near Trace for girl (Updated 10 a.m.)
by JONATHAN OWENS44 mins 26 secs ago | 100 views | 0  | 1  |  | 

Theresa Chance of the Fayetteville Police Department addresses reporters on Walker Road near Sanford Monday morning.
slideshow SANFORD — Authorities concentrated search efforts for a missing Fayetteville girl to a 10-mile radius near Carolina Trace Monday morning.

Teams of police, search dogs and volunteers on all-terrain vehicles combed the woods on the southbound side of N.C. 87, from Walker Road to Thunder Cycles motorcycle shop south of the Sanford city limits in search of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, who went missing seven days ago.

Theresa Chance with the Fayetteville Police Department said Monday morning at the scene that authorities were acting on "solid information" obtained during the course of the investigation.

Chance said the teams would search the area "as long as they needed to." She confirmed that police "had information that a body may have been dumped," in the area.

"This is where we were told that she was," she said.

The search may be hindered, she said, by the rural nature of the area. Many deer carcasses and even wild dogs have been spotted during the search already.

Several sources of water, from a lake in Carolina Trace to several ponds, also complicate the search, she said.

The child's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, was charged Sunday with with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution. The charges against Davis are related to her daughter's disappearance, Chance said Sunday afternoon.

Camera footage showed Mario Andrette McNeill carrying Shaniya into an elevator at the Comfort Suites hotel, and he was arrested and charged with kidnapping on Friday. A kidnapping charge against Clarence Coe, who was described as Davis' boyfriend, was dropped.

Authorities have said McNeill admitted to taking the girl, though his attorney says he will plead not guilty to the charge. They have not said if McNeill and Davis knew each other.

Chance said that McNeill "frequents Sanford often," and "has people he knows" in the town, but did not live in the area. She did not confirm if a tip from either suspect led authorities to Sanford.

She added that the mother first named Coe as the kidnapper, and that the department expects more charges in the case.

Shaniya had only been living with her mother since last month. Davis reported the girl missing Tuesday morning from a mobile home community in Fayetteville, and authorities began searching nearby wooded areas.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, told The Associated Press that he raised his daughter for several years but last month decided to let her stay with her mother.

"I should've never let her go over there," he said Saturday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Authorities+search+woods+near+Trace+for+girl+-Updated+10+a-m-%20&id=4497019-Authorities+search+woods+near+Trace+for+girl+-Updated+10+a-m-&instance=main_article
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1081 on: November 16, 2009, 11:12:59 AM »

Found  Edit:  No,  Shaniya has not been found yet

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/13/crimesider/entry5634615.shtml
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:21:41 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1082 on: November 16, 2009, 11:16:46 AM »

sorry not found yet? just update
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1083 on: November 16, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »

Morning Monkeys.
First I need to defend the father. I don't know this man or the circumstances surrounding him. But I do know that I had to let my children go with there bio father. He would go months upon months without seeing them and then all of a sudden show up for visitation. This man was a drunk, had been in the psycho hospital, had od'd at least once. When he showed up if I told him no he would call the police they would come out and say that I either had to let them go or go to jail, because of the original court orders. He would miss several holidays and then show up and get the kids for their Christmas break or something like that. I took him to court numerous times to have his rights abolished to no avail. Like I said I don't know the circumstances in his particular case. I do know that we have adopted one of our granddaughters who is now 9 and has been with us for over 6 years. She still ask about her bio mom and misses her.
My second statement is kinda crazy but here goes, Does anyone think that maybe someone gave this reliable tip so that the person who has Shaniya could have a good head start? Just something crazy that went through my head.
The egg donor needs to be hung in the town square.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1084 on: November 16, 2009, 11:18:28 AM »

What do you mean "Found"?  Thanks

No found.  MB
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:23:03 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1085 on: November 16, 2009, 11:20:05 AM »

sorry not found yet? just update

Okay, I see.  Please be careful next time.  Saying "Found" in a Missing Person's thread is not cool, unless you are sure they are found.  You've had me and everyone else on here clicking on a link, scanning for news that isn't there...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1086 on: November 16, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »

SNIPPED>
Luvmyboys, can I make a suggestion, not sure if you know or not but when you sign into SM and go to the thread you want there is a a symbol in blue that says new. Click on that and it will take you to where you last read and then you can read to catch up with what has been going on.

Thank you Darla for this.   flower
 It clears up something I have been wondering about for a long time. Did you figure it out, or did another monkey tell you? It sure makes things easier.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1087 on: November 16, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »

SNIPPED>
Luvmyboys, can I make a suggestion, not sure if you know or not but when you sign into SM and go to the thread you want there is a a symbol in blue that says new. Click on that and it will take you to where you last read and then you can read to catch up with what has been going on.

It clears up something I have been wondering about for a long time. Did you figure it out, or did another monkey tell you? It sure makes things easier.

I figured it out myself.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1088 on: November 16, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

SNIPPED>

I figured it out myself.

OT~  But realize you can miss posts.  If you stop reading on pg. 35, and go back to that, and there are another 5 pgs you haven't read, if you don't go all the way to page 40 when catching up on your reading, if you go off and come back, it will start at pg. 40 or after....

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1089 on: November 16, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »

SNIPPED>

I figured it out myself.

I've seen those buttons myself, but didn't understand exactly what they meant. Thanks!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1090 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:47 AM »

Mornin' all.

Does anyone know the timeline as to the elevator footage and the 911 call from the mother?
I want to know if that "visit" to the hotel went bad. There seems like no worries about being in a public place with cameras, why?
TIA 
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1091 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »

This may sound harsh, but I think countries that use a "firing squad" as a form of punishment for crime have the right idea. People need to have the fear God put back in them. I think this would do it.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1092 on: November 16, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »

Police say they're looking for body of 5-year-old Davis
A staff report

Police searching for 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in a wooded area off N.C. 87 near Sanford say they are looking for a body.

Based on "reliable information," they believe her body may have been dumped off Walker Road near its intersection with the highway, said police spokeswoman Theresa Chance.

About 200 people are searching both sides of Walker Road near where it intersects with N.C. 87. They include police and sheriff's deputies from Fayetteville, Sanford and Lee County, fire department personnel and civilians who live in the area and who know the woods.

((Meantime, the State Highway Patrol issued a 'be on the lookout for' advisory this morning, saying that they're looking for a man who have been spotted with Davis. The man is believed to be about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota, according to an official with the Highway patrol. He may be in the vicinity of Raeford Road or Cliffdale Road.))   

Wonder if they mean Shaniya or maybe her mother before she was arested?

Praying the mean the mom and not Shaniya!

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1093 on: November 16, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

Has anyone found out how le knew to go to where they are looking. Who talked? Anyone know that?
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1094 on: November 16, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »

Morning Monkeys.
First I need to defend the father. I don't know this man or the circumstances surrounding him. But I do know that I had to let my children go with there bio father. He would go months upon months without seeing them and then all of a sudden show up for visitation. This man was a drunk, had been in the psycho hospital, had od'd at least once. When he showed up if I told him no he would call the police they would come out and say that I either had to let them go or go to jail, because of the original court orders. He would miss several holidays and then show up and get the kids for their Christmas break or something like that. I took him to court numerous times to have his rights abolished to no avail. Like I said I don't know the circumstances in his particular case. I do know that we have adopted one of our granddaughters who is now 9 and has been with us for over 6 years. She still ask about her bio mom and misses her.
My second statement is kinda crazy but here goes, Does anyone think that maybe someone gave this reliable tip so that the person who has Shaniya could have a good head start? Just something crazy that went through my head.
The egg donor needs to be hung in the town square.

Very respectfully of course, the father doesn't need defending. While your own situation was unbearable, it has nothing to do with this father. He was wonderful right up until he abdicated responsibility and gave this poor baby to a slovenly, drug taking evil witch who sold her daughter to people involved in human sex trafficking.

He gave her up without first checking what she would be going into, he bears part of the responsibility for what happened. Who would give their five year old up like that...I feel sorry for him but really I think he failed her at the end.

Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1095 on: November 16, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »

Yes I am so sorry about that post. I notice that you can not edit a boo boo sorry.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7118982
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1096 on: November 16, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »

I have to get some house stuff done.... I am praying with all you wonderful monkeys.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1097 on: November 16, 2009, 11:40:05 AM »

Mornin' all.

Does anyone know the timeline as to the elevator footage and the 911 call from the mother?
I want to know if that "visit" to the hotel went bad. There seems like no worries about being in a public place with cameras, why?
TIA 
McNeil does not make sense. If he planned on killing her, why appear in a public place with her? ::MonkeyConfused::He had to have handed her off to someone or like you say the deal went bad.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1098 on: November 16, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »

Mornin' all.

TIA 

I don't think the hotel situation went bad, I think the sofa was covered with feces so was her blankie. I think he took her to the hotel to clean her up before she was passed on to whomever. I think he had nothing to fear because he had already paid the mother. 

Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1099 on: November 16, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/ExaminerSlideshow.html?entryid=754910&slide=2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.