March 28, 2024, 06:20:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 687156 times)
rachcresp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1580 on: November 16, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

It's this one.

1891 Bragg Street
Sanford, NC 27330
(919) 842-5600

Edit to add link: http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-sanford-north_carolina-NC559?promo=gglocal
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:48:20 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1581 on: November 16, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

It was the Comfort Inn in Sanford N.C.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
rachcresp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1582 on: November 16, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »

Sorry, here is the link to the hotel

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-sanford-north_carolina-NC559?promo=gglocal
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1583 on: November 16, 2009, 10:02:14 PM »

Police say they're looking for body of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis
THE FAYETTEVILLE *******, N.C. | Mon, Nov 16, 11:57 AM

At a press briefing at 10:30 a.m., Chance said people have been turning out in droves to offer help but no more volunteer searchers are currently needed. She said civilians who want to help can call the police at 433-1820 to volunteer.

Meantime, the State Highway Patrol issued a 'be on the lookout for' advisory this morning, saying that they're looking for a man who had been spotted with Davis. The man is believed to be about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota, according to an official with the Highway patrol. He may be in the vicinity of Raeford Road or Cliffdale Road.

Chance said police are following up any and all tips but are still concentrating their search for Shaniya on Walker Road.

At a press conference at the search site at 9 a.m. today, Chance said police had received some tips.

She said Mario Andrette McNeill, who has admitted to kidnapping Shaniya and is in custody, has been "extremely uncooperative" but has given some information to police.

Chance said McNeill is known to frequent Sanford. He was arrested Thursday after being identified as being with Shaniya Tuesday morning at the Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford. The two were seen on a surveillance tape at 6:11 a.m. Chance said police know McNeill left the motel with Shaniya at about 7:30 a.m. but they don't know what condition Shaniya was in at that point

http://dailyme.com/story/2009111600004240/police-body-5-year-old-shaniya-davis.html

ThankYou...

I stand corrected on my hunch.  Thanks for bringing that forward.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1584 on: November 16, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »

Did Mario just come into the hotel and walk to a specific room, a room that someone was waiting for Shaniya, or did Mario go to the reservation desk and book a room that morning, or did he have a room already? I was just wondering I haven't seen anything about that. Also I've never been to those hotels, does this particular chain of hotels have adjoining rooms? I'm sure most places do, just wondered.

excellent questions, NORose.

Hopefully they have surveillance cam vid of the exact room he went into, if it was not him who booked the room.

And yes, every Comfort Inn that I've been to has adjoining rooms.
I figured that there was probably adjoining rooms, but wasn't sure. I really wonder if Mario was bringing Shaniya to another person?

Hi Monkeys!

I was assuming that the hotel worker that reported seeing Shaniya saw them at the front desk...............  do we know anything about that?

Also, if CNN reports that there are plenty of pics of them leaving the hotel, I guess that shoots a hole in the theory that Shaniya died from sexual abuse and when Mom was informed of it, she then concocted the kidnapping story and reported it, right?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1585 on: November 16, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »

It was the Comfort Inn Suites in Sanford, not Fayetteville:

Comfort Suites Sanford

1891 Bragg Street
Sanford, NC 27330 US

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1586 on: November 16, 2009, 10:06:04 PM »

Did Mario just come into the hotel and walk to a specific room, a room that someone was waiting for Shaniya, or did Mario go to the reservation desk and book a room that morning, or did he have a room already? I was just wondering I haven't seen anything about that. Also I've never been to those hotels, does this particular chain of hotels have adjoining rooms? I'm sure most places do, just wondered.

Hopefully they have surveillance cam vid of the exact room he went into, if it was not him who booked the room.

I figured that there was probably adjoining rooms, but wasn't sure. I really wonder if Mario was bringing Shaniya to another person?

Hi Monkeys!

I was assuming that the hotel worker that reported seeing Shaniya saw them at the front desk...............  do we know anything about that?

Also, if CNN reports that there are plenty of pics of them leaving the hotel, I guess that shoots a hole in the theory that Shaniya died from sexual abuse and when Mom was informed of it, she then concocted the kidnapping story and reported it, right?
Well  CBB....they say there is video of them leaving but they are not sure what condition Shaniya was in when they did.....which to me means he was like carryin her like she was asleep.....or dead.....or maybe she was inside something ;like wrapped in a blanket.....IMO

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1587 on: November 16, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »

I think so.

A little over an hour - almost like an apointment.

At a hotel - so someone that had no place he could take her.

AND - Shaniya looks resigned to me. 

Another thing:  I don't think that at the point he was standing at the elevator, he was planning to kill her (if it was even MM who killed her).

I just don't see why he would willingly put himself and Shaniya right in front of the videocams if he was planning to kill her, or if he was expecting any problems (such as her reported missing and subsequent investigation) to happen.

I don't have the specific timeline, but could maybe Shaniya have gone into shock and passed from her injuries - MM calls Antoinette - they decide to call her in as missing?
I am thinking along the same line as you are, I wondered if she passed away from her injuries. It doesn't make sense to me that you would stand in front of the elevator and he surely must have known there were cameras, and then go out and kill her. And if Mario took her to molest her I can't imagine him driving all that way to a nicer motel, I would think he would have went to a sleazy motel where there weren't any cameras.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1588 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »

Thanks SEARCHING. Do you know if they have recovered Shaniya's body, and are still searching the spot, or is she still there?

The last I heard was they had not because they did not want to damage evidence surrounding her/the area, but I would hope they have by now recovered her from there.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1589 on: November 16, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »

Thanks SEARCHING. Do you know if they have recovered Shaniya's body, and are still searching the spot, or is she still there?

The last I heard was they had not because they did not want to damage evidence surrounding her/the area, but I would hope they have by now recovered her from there.
I sure hope by now they have recovered Shaniya. Thank-you for the pics.
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1590 on: November 16, 2009, 10:11:51 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

They said there were videos of them leaving and in the parking lot. I have not yet heard them say if she was alive or appeared to be sleeping when leaving. but yes, I would think if they say they have video of them leaving, that means she left with him, but what condition she left in is unknown.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1591 on: November 16, 2009, 10:14:12 PM »

you are welcome. Such a beautiful little girl, gone too soon, as so many others. Our system needs serious adjustments and I vote we set an example for any monster thinking of doing something like this by using those two monsters to set that example.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »

yes Searching..thanks for the pictures...
I too hope that Shaniya is not still out there...
I hope that when something as horrific as what has happened to Shaniya, that your body and your mind shuts down so that you don't feel the pain after awhile and that you kindof go into a out of body experience...
the only way that I can compare it is when I badly sprained my ankle and I was in so much pain that I actually faded in and out and during that time, I didn't feel much...it was sortof surreal is the only way that I can explain it...I hope that is was so for Shaniya...I choose to believe that for my own heart...

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1593 on: November 16, 2009, 10:18:13 PM »

found it, might be a little hard to get through here unoticed
Comfort Suites
1891 Bragg Street , Sanford, NC, US, 27330 | Phone: (919) 842-5600     Fax: (919) 842-5567

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-sanford-north_carolina-NC559/Hotel-Services

http://showhotel.com/comfort/2733001/flash/panorama3.htm

http://showhotel.com/comfort/2733001/flash/video.htm

http://showhotel.com/comfort/2733001/flash/slideshow.htm

maybe was a back elevator he used

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1594 on: November 16, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Well  CBB....they say there is video of them leaving but they are not sure what condition Shaniya was in when they did.....which to me means he was like carryin her like she was asleep.....or dead.....or maybe she was inside something ;like wrapped in a blanket.....IMO

Thanks, HH! I'm just trying to piece this together:

The pics at the elevator: we see a "3", so that would indicate they were leaving, right? Therefore I'm concluding Shaniya was alive because she is in the photos we've seen. I think the fact she was being carried is significant, BTW. 5 year olds usually walk, and if you do carry them, it's usually with their legs locked around your waist and arms flung around your shoulders. I think it's a real indication of sustained injuries and/or drugging to the point of instability.

If the above is correct, then Mom reported this before Shaniya was killed and the false report was pre-planned. Right?
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1595 on: November 16, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6426418/

Vigils held for Shaniya

at the bottom.. how in the world could egg donors mother show her face at that vigil and take up for her daughter while there... arrggggg

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1596 on: November 16, 2009, 10:21:48 PM »

Authorities find child's body in Lee County woods

SANFORD — The body of who is believed to be a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl missing since last Tuesday was found after two days of searching in a wooded area near the Carolina Trace community in Lee County Monday.

Police aren’t confirming the body is 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, though the search was called off for Davis Monday  after the discovery just before 2 p.m. Davis’ mother and a Fayetteville man have been charged in connection with her disappearance from her Fayetteville home on Nov. 10.

The case came to Lee County after security footage from the Comfort Suites in Sanford showed Mario McNeill of Fayetteville with Shaniya Davis around 6 a.m. on Nov. 10.

The body was found in the woods off Walker Road near N.C. 87 in the southern portion of the county. A spokesperson from the Fayetteville Police Department said around 2 p.m. that they expected to be able to identify the body as Shaniya Davis by later in the afternoon, although police didn’t do so at a press conference later in the afternoon.

“We’ll put information together as far as charging someone (with murder) if the body is identified as Shaniya,” said Chance.

The search for Shaniya Davis, which included more than 250 law enforcement officers, fire fighters and search and rescure workers from multiple agencies in the area, stopped after the body’s discovery.

Theresa Chance of the Fayetteville Police Department said authorities chose the search area based on “solid information” obtained during the course of the investigation. She confirmed that police “had information that a body may have been dumped” in the area. During their search, crews came upon many deer carcasses and even wild dogs. Recent rains also hindered the search.

Chance repeatedly used the word “exhume” in reference to the process of identifying the body. When pressed by reporters, she wouldn’t say whether the body appeared to have been buried.

“Just keep in mind that we’ve just had two days of heavy rain,” she said and declined to comment on a cause of death or the condition of the body.

“We’ve got a lot of people out at the scene right now that are torn up,” Chance said. “Detectives have been running off adrenaline to find this little girl and to bring her home alive. You have a lot of people in shock right now.”

Davis’ mother, Antoinette Davis, 25, has been charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse. Police have said Shaniya was offered for prostitution. Chance told reporters Monday afternoon that if the body found is Shaniya Davis, it could lead to a larger invesitgation into human trafficking in the area.

McNeill, 29, has been charged with kidnapping. Authorities said McNeill admitted taking the girl, though his attorney said he will plead not guilty. Although the security footage from the Comfort Suites on Bragg Street in Sanford showed McNeill with the little girl, Chance said the hotel offered no further clues about the case.

“The tapes have been turned over since then,” she said. “That footage was taken Tuesday, and we weren’t made aware of it until Wednesday.”

Davis reported Shaniya missing on Nov. 10. Authorities first arrested a man named Clarence Coe — reportedly Antoinette Davis’ boyfriend — but charges against him were dropped a day later when investigators tracked down McNeill after receiving a tip from a hotel employee.

Chance said investigators know what the relationship between McNeill and Antoinette Davis was, but didn’t release that information.

“We know the relationships between all of the parties, but we’re not going to speak to that now,” she said.

When asked by a reporter if McNeill is the former boyfriend of one of Antoinette Davis’s relatives, Chance replied “that’s a good understanding.”

More than 250 people help in search that lasted two days in soggy woods

The Associated Press

http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Authorities+find+child-s+body+-3-47+p-m-+update-%20&id=4497019-Authorities+find+child-s+body+-3-47+p-m-+update-&instance=most_popular
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1597 on: November 16, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

Me too. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1598 on: November 16, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »

I don't know if this is true or not.

Mario Andrette McNeill, who police say was staying with Davis at a Comfort Inn in Sanford, N.C., when Shaniya disappeared, was arrested Friday. Investigators say security video at the hotel showed McNeill carrying Shaniya toward an elevator just after 6 a.m.Tuesday.

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/129000.html

Heart
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1599 on: November 16, 2009, 10:25:11 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6426418/

Vigils held for Shaniya

at the bottom.. how in the world could egg donors mother show her face at that vigil and take up for her daughter while there... arrggggg

Ann Summers, Antoinette's mother and Shaniya's grandmother, stood on the edges of the vigil assembly.

"I cannot believe this is happening,” she said.

Summers said she does not believe her daughter hurt Shaniya.

"I don't think she had anything to do with it, but I am not going to incriminate her or down rate her,” she said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.