May 28, 2024, 02:17:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing #1 11/10/09 - 11/17/09  (Read 692953 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1660 on: November 17, 2009, 12:56:07 AM »

I think he turned himself in because he was already caught on video with Shaniya and knew people were looking for him. It looks good for him if he turns himself in, like he has nothing to hide. Also, if he admits to the kidnapping charge and tells the "the truth" he may think that they will believe that he didn't murder her.
I want to know who gave the tip on where the body was. If it wasn't McNeil, who else could know?

Soon after he is arrested, mom is arrested for child prostitution etc..he had to have said who gave him Shaniya. Why is he not charged with pimping, child prostitution? Why is it only kidnapping? That is strange, isn't it? LE is openly saying this child was a victim of child protitution and trafficking yet they are not charging the man we are assuming to be the pimp with those charges. I am thinking we are missing a person in this scenario. Maybe this man in the delivery person and not the one who made the contacts with the child rapists, (that is what they are)

You are so right.  If you look at the charges mom is the pimp and Mario is only charged with kidnapping.  Maybe he wanted in on the action as payback for a loan /debt and decided to help himself?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1661 on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:46 AM »

Maybe the mom sent Shaniya with McNeil but expected her back and when she realized he wasn't bringing her back she freaked out and called 911. Is it possible that she didn't know the girl would be killed. I'm not defending the mom in any way...just thinking of another scenario.

Oops didn't read this prior to my posting, I promise. Didn't want you to think I was stealing your idea. This makes sense too, doesn't it? Although I am beginning to think Mario was not the pimp but the delivery person. I am not sure a pimp would risk being seen with a child like the way this guy was. I think a pimp would use someone else for that.

Like someone who owed pimp and being delivery person/mule was payback .  Would explain why he confessed to the kidnappig as he knew what was happening or going to happen and did not want to be connected with it so pled guilty immediately. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1662 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »

I am interested in knowing who will be charged with murder, I think that will tell us a lot. I just hope they get the right person because many could be involved.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1663 on: November 17, 2009, 01:04:54 AM »

Maybe the mom sent Shaniya with McNeil but expected her back and when she realized he wasn't bringing her back she freaked out and called 911. Is it possible that she didn't know the girl would be killed. I'm not defending the mom in any way...just thinking of another scenario.

Oops didn't read this prior to my posting, I promise. Didn't want you to think I was stealing your idea. This makes sense too, doesn't it? Although I am beginning to think Mario was not the pimp but the delivery person. I am not sure a pimp would risk being seen with a child like the way this guy was. I think a pimp would use someone else for that.

Like someone who owed pimp and being delivery person/mule was payback .  Would explain why he confessed to the kidnappig as he knew what was happening or going to happen and did not want to be connected with it so pled guilty immediately. 

Yep, exactly. Interesting his lawyer has stated he will plead not guilty to kidnapping after admitting to it, possibly because he didnt' actually kidnapp her in the sense we think of but was given the child or was told/ordered to get her by whoever. I can see a lawyer turning that around.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1664 on: November 17, 2009, 01:13:18 AM »

Well goodnite Monkeys and guests. I am tired, emotionally and physically and going to bed. May God bless this little one and all of those who has been affected by this most tragic story. May he give us all strength to follow this to it's conclusion so all connected with the murder be convicted.

"See" you tomorrow.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1665 on: November 17, 2009, 01:19:10 AM »

Search for 5-year-old reaches tragic end; body found MondayBy Nancy McCleary
Staff writer

SANFORD - It was the ending everyone had feared.

A body believed to be 5-year-old Shaniya Davis was found Monday afternoon - a week after the Fayetteville girl went missing - in woods off a rural road south of Sanford.

Volunteers who had spent nearly two days searching for Shaniya wept upon learning a body had been found.

Police have not identified the body as Shaniya and were working with relatives to make a positive identification. There was no information available on the cause of death late Monday. The girl's mother and a Fayetteville man are charged in her disappearance, though no additional charges had been filed.

Shaniya was reported missing Nov. 10 from her home in the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park off Murchison Road.

The body was found about 1 p.m. roughly 100 feet off Walker Road, which is a popular spot for dumping deer carcasses, said Theresa Chance, a spokeswoman for the Fayetteville Police Department.

Walker Road is just south of the Carolina Trace community and about 41/2miles south of the intersection of U.S. 421 and N.C. 87 in Lee County.

Members of the U.S. Virgin Islands Police Department, who were training in Sanford with their police dogs, found the body.

It was the second day law enforcement and volunteers had combed the rural, wooded area.

The search resumed in full force about 7 a.m. Monday, focusing on an area of about 11/2miles, from N.C. 87 to Frank Wicker Road and back along Walker Road.

At least 250 people were scouring the area that was partially covered by kudzu, a thick vine that smothers the ground and creeps up trees.

Jeff Riccio, a dog trainer with Tarheel Canine Training Inc., was with the Virgin Island officers when the body was found.

"We went to look for the command post on Walker Road ... and we smelled something," Riccio said.

They left the area and headed south to Benhaven Volunteer Fire Department, where another searcher mentioned the dumped deer carcasses.

Riccio and the officers, acting on a hunch, returned to Walker Road.

"One of the guys from the Virgin Islands, one of the guys who wasn't handling the dogs, said, 'I think I found something,' " Riccio said.

One of their cadaver dogs alerted on a spot in a ditch where they found the body, Riccio said. Deer carcasses were scattered around the site.

"It was both relieving and terrible at the same time," Riccio said.

Shortly after noon, police moved their command post to the Benhaven Volunteer Fire Department, about two miles south of the area. The new site had barely been set up when word that the body had been found was announced.

Todd McNeill of the Carolina Trace Fire Department broke the news, said Tonya McBride, a mother of four from Sanford who helped with the search.

"He was emotional; his voice was cracking," she said.

"A gentleman who was behind me, when they said she (Shaniya) was dead, I've never seen a grown man cry like that," McBride said.

The discovery of the body hit volunteers - many of them parents - hard. Most of them said they felt compelled to help.

"If, God forbid, it was one of my children, I would want everyone to help out," McBride said.

Another volunteer, Reginald Monroe of the Lemon Springs community, was angered by the outcome.

"This is a terrible thing. To do this to a 5-year-old," he said, shaking his head. "I'm very angry and outraged."

Monroe, a father of three, said he felt he had to take part.

Andy Thomas, chief of the Benhaven Fire Department, and his wife, Jennifer, said the tragedy hits hard with parents.

"There's nothing to prepare you for a child to die," Andy said.

Deborah Rush of Anderson Creek and Laura Heidemann of Lemon Springs searched on horseback along Frank Wicker and McDougald roads.

They heard over a two-way radio the body had been found. Even then, they didn't want to believe the news.

"We kept hoping," Heidemann said. "We kept checking the ditches all the way back."

Mother in court
Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, 25, is charged in her disappearance. She appeared in court about an hour after Shaniya's body was found and asked for a court-appointed lawyer. She faces 40 years in prison if convicted on charges including human trafficking and felony child abuse involving prostitution. She is in jail with bail set at $51,000.

A second person, Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, of Fayetteville, is charged with first-degree kidnapping.

Antoinette Davis reported her daughter missing Nov. 10. Davis told police she last saw Shaniya about 5:30 a.m. that day in their home.

Shaniya was last seen at 7:30 a.m. on video surveillance from the Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford. She was with a man police have identified as McNeill.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, made a brief appearance Monday night at a vigil held in his daughter's honor off Murchison Road. Several hundred people gathered in a parking lot to remember the girl.

Lockhart's raw emotion was apparent. He had to be carried into the center of the crowd, where it took him several minutes to muster the strength to speak.

"Bless you for my daughter, Lord," Lockhart said, his face turned upward. "Bring her to your arms and don't give up on her."

After a brief prayer and blessings from the crowd, Lockhart had to be carried to a waiting car.

Davis' aunt, Yvonne Mitchell, said she hopes whoever killed Shaniya will be punished.

"The family is taking it hard," Mitchell said after Davis' court appearance. "They are angry. They are upset. They don't understand.

"Everybody is pretty shooken up," Mitchell said.

Asked by a reporter whether Mitchell believes Davis is innocent, she said: "She's my niece, and I love her. I have her back, and the family has her back."

McNeill is a felon who, since 2001, has been convicted of multiple charges of assault inflicting serious bodily injury and a laundry list of drug charges, including selling and manufacturing controlled substances, according to the N.C. Department of Correction Web site.

After a news briefing on the case Monday afternoon, Chance - the police spokeswoman - said a probe of human trafficking could grow. She would not explain further.

MORE....

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/952795
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1666 on: November 17, 2009, 01:22:59 AM »

Fayetteville mother's arrest sheds light on human trafficking problem

Fayetteville, N.C. — North Carolina is a prime destination for human trafficking due to its many highways and interstates, according Sen. Ellie Kinnaird, D-Orange.

"It’s out there. It’s out there (and it's) scary,” Kinnaird said.

Kinnaird has sponsored anti-trafficking legislation before the General Assembly. She said the weekend arrest of a Fayetteville mother on human trafficking and felony child abuse charges shows that the trafficking trade is more prevalent than most people realize.

“I think people just have a view of what our American life is, and it doesn't encompass really evil criminal acts like this,” she said.

According to Fayetteville police, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, offered daughter Shaniya for prostitution. The 5-year-old's body was found dead early Monday afternoon southeast of Sanford, ending a weeklong search, police said.

Kinnaird said if Shaniya was involved in a sex trafficking plot, she is among other victims in the state.

“Many of them are Asian women and children, many of them are Hispanic women and children. But as we saw to our horror (possibly with Shaniya), they are now homegrown, and may have been all along,” she said.

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, roughly 17,500 people are trafficked in the United States annually. Victims are forced into sex and slave labor.

Earlier this year, a Durham couple pleaded not guilty in an Egyptian court to charges that they tried to buy babies and forge birth certificates. In 2007, investigators busted Durham and Raleigh brothels where they suspected women were kept as sex slaves. Detectives also raided a club that year with alleged ties to immigrant traffickers.

Paralegal Rachel Braver, with the statewide Task Force (RIPPLE) to address Human Trafficking, said the state's large immigrant population also plays a part in attracting human traffickers. She said it is difficult to know just how many victims are out there.

“Numbers are hard to come by because it's a very hidden crime,” she said.

State lawmakers approved a bill in 2007 making human trafficking a felony offense and offering state assistance to victims.

Polaris Project, one of the largest anti-trafficking organizations in the U.S., ranks the state among the top 10 for laws governing human trafficking.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6434786/
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1667 on: November 17, 2009, 02:53:33 AM »

This may be what Shaniya's paternal aunt is asking herself over and again, and I'm not trying to kick her while she's down either.  Just trying to make some sense of this thing. 

Supposedly, Shaniya's dad allowed Antoinette to have Shaniya the weekend of Oct. 31.  And supposedly Antoinette asked the dad for more time to spend with Shaniya and he agreed to let her stay a bit longer than the weekend.  I can understand that he was gonna give Antoinette a chance, etc.  But the timing in this is... odd to me.  Shaniya was supposed to be in school on that following Monday.  Why wouldn't the dad have told Antoinette something like, 'how about your spending more time with her on her next school break'.   

So then we hear that at some point, Antoinette supposedly called the paternal aunt saying something like 'you'll never see her again!'... Why didn't the aunt right then, call 911?  She was the guardian for Shaniya, she had every right to do that, IMO.  There was no court order for Antoinette to have Shaniya.  To make such claims during a visitation *allowed* by her dad, I figure that LE would have met the aunt over at Antoinette's and assisted by their presence to make sure that Shaniya was returned to the aunt/guardian. 

It seems there is much that hasn't been said, which explains why it's so very confusing.  We're learning more and more each day, as bits and pieces come out, but gosh!  The more we are learning, the less sense it is making!  IMO. 

And one last point, for now.....

In Haleigh's case, the kids were left with Misty, a minor live-in "babysitter", at the time Haleigh went missing.  Some have wondered whether or not charges might be brought against Ron, the dad (guardian), for making the choice to leave his kids in the care of what turns out to have been an incompetent caregiver.   

And now we have Shaniya's dad/aunt (guardian), who made the choice to leave Shaniya in the care of what turns out to have been an incompetent caregiver.  Might the same apply to them, charges of negligence? 

There are differences in these two cases, yes.  Bottom line tho, both Haleigh and Shaniya are gone.  Shaniya for sure in heaven, and Haleigh hasn't been found yet. 

I'm *not* saying let's blame the dad/aunt for Shaniya's death, because the blame for that is IMO on Antoinette and her minions.  I am wondering if they can be considered by LE, at the most..... negligent?  Sigh. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1668 on: November 17, 2009, 03:40:55 AM »

This may be what Shaniya's paternal aunt is asking herself over and again, and I'm not trying to kick her while she's down either.  Just trying to make some sense of this thing. 

Supposedly, Shaniya's dad allowed Antoinette to have Shaniya the weekend of Oct. 31.  And supposedly Antoinette asked the dad for more time to spend with Shaniya and he agreed to let her stay a bit longer than the weekend.  I can understand that he was gonna give Antoinette a chance, etc.  But the timing in this is... odd to me.  Shaniya was supposed to be in school on that following Monday.  Why wouldn't the dad have told Antoinette something like, 'how about your spending more time with her on her next school break'.   

So then we hear that at some point, Antoinette supposedly called the paternal aunt saying something like 'you'll never see her again!'... Why didn't the aunt right then, call 911?  She was the guardian for Shaniya, she had every right to do that, IMO.  There was no court order for Antoinette to have Shaniya.  To make such claims during a visitation *allowed* by her dad, I figure that LE would have met the aunt over at Antoinette's and assisted by their presence to make sure that Shaniya was returned to the aunt/guardian. 

It seems there is much that hasn't been said, which explains why it's so very confusing.  We're learning more and more each day, as bits and pieces come out, but gosh!  The more we are learning, the less sense it is making!  IMO. 

And one last point, for now.....

In Haleigh's case, the kids were left with Misty, a minor live-in "babysitter", at the time Haleigh went missing.  Some have wondered whether or not charges might be brought against Ron, the dad (guardian), for making the choice to leave his kids in the care of what turns out to have been an incompetent caregiver.   

And now we have Shaniya's dad/aunt (guardian), who made the choice to leave Shaniya in the care of what turns out to have been an incompetent caregiver.  Might the same apply to them, charges of negligence? 

There are differences in these two cases, yes.  Bottom line tho, both Haleigh and Shaniya are gone.  Shaniya for sure in heaven, and Haleigh hasn't been found yet. 

I'm *not* saying let's blame the dad/aunt for Shaniya's death, because the blame for that is IMO on Antoinette and her minions.  I am wondering if they can be considered by LE, at the most..... negligent?  Sigh. 

I don't mind kicking them when they are down..I don't see an excuse for abandoning this baby to that sorry excuse for a human being. Just because she said she had a place to live and a job... Oh, ok here take my daughter I have been raising for the last 5 years, I'm sure I have every reason to trust you, even though I have reservations you don't have to worry that I'm gonna check up on her.
Hmm, "I thought I would give her a chance" isn't sitting well with me right now. What truly caring parents takes chances with an obvious lowlife like this. She seemed to be getting her life together....really!! because what? she said that? or did you choose to believe her because at this moment it was convenient. Don't suppose you checked out anything this scum said first did you?

I could tell that place was less than ideal to live in so could the aunt. It looked fairly horrible from the outside, did she even go in? Did they check on her in those three weeks, speak to her or contact her in any way...What has happened could not have come to fruition without the sudden hand off of his baby girl to almost a complete stranger.

Wyks, you must be a better person than I, you are a lot kinder to these people than I want to be. I loath and despise them all..

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1669 on: November 17, 2009, 03:59:08 AM »

this case has really brought out so much anger in me ....
I do truly feel sorry for this father but I am mad at him at the same time...right now I can't help the way that I feel....I am sure that dad blames himself more than any of us could ...I will say a special prayer for him that he finds some sort of comfort...I don't think that he will ever be able to get over this or to forgive himself...
and a special prayer for egg donor that she never has a moment  that she feels safe or secure...that she feels lots of pain and that she has a terrible painful rest of her life...she deserves to be one the most hated persons alive...

Respectfully, I hope the so called father and aunt blame themselves and feel guilt for the rest of their days, because without their negligence none of this would ever have happened. As for the rest of them, death is too good.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1670 on: November 17, 2009, 06:54:41 AM »

Body of missing NC girl found; 2 facing charges
November 17, 2009 06:01 AM EST (Updated: November 17, 2009 06:36 AM EST)

SANFORD, N.C. (AP) — When 5-year-old Shaniya Davis of North Carolina went missing, suspicion turned to a man described as her mother's boyfriend. As he was let go, police targeted another man spotted on hotel surveillance footage holding the child. Then, authorities arrested the girl's mother and accused her of offering her daughter for prostitution.

The arrests offered a glimmer of hope Shaniya would be found alive, but searchers discovered the girl's body Monday off a rural road, nearly a week after her mother reported her missing from a mobile home park.

Hundreds of volunteers who helped look for Shaniya left the search area dejected, unable to bring her home to her father, 7-year-old brother and the dolls she so loved.

"I still feel kind of sick to my stomach," said Angela Jackson, 27, from nearby Sanford, who has a two-month-old daughter but searched for consecutive days.

Particularly disturbing were the accusations against Shaniya's mother, 25-year-old Antoinette Davis. Police charged Davis with human trafficking and felony child abuse, saying Shaniya was offered for sex.

Davis was calm and quiet during a court appearance. She provided one-word answers to the judge's questions. She requested a court-appointed attorney and did not enter a plea.

Her sister, Brenda Davis, 20, said she does not believe the charges.

"I don't believe she could hurt her children," said Brenda Davis, who spoke with her sister at the jail Sunday. Davis' aunt, Yvonne Mitchell, said the mother had two jobs and would never harm the child.
Authorities also charged Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, with kidnapping after they said surveillance footage from a Sanford hotel showed him carrying Shaniya. Authorities said McNeill admitted taking the girl, though his attorney said he will plead not guilty.

Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance declined to talk about additional charges. She also wouldn't comment on a cause of death or the condition of Shaniya's body, except to say that state investigators planned to retrieve it about 100 feet off the road.

"Detectives have been running off adrenaline to find this little girl and to bring her home alive," Chance said. "You have a lot of people in shock right now."

Davis reported Shaniya missing from a mobile home park Tuesday. Authorities first arrested Clarence Coe, but charges against him were dropped a day later when investigators tracked down McNeill after receiving a tip from a hotel employee.

Additional information led investigators to a search site near Sanford on Sunday. They continued searching Monday, scouring miles of landscape, roads, ravines and fields on four-wheelers and with helicopters.

"We were hoping that someone could carry her home," said Syd Severe, 42, who came from Raleigh to help with the search. "It's just sick."

A cluster of emergency vehicles and law enforcement gathered where Shaniya's body was found. Authorities blocked access to the road, a rural area popular with hunters that is less than a mile from a lakeside community.

On Monday night, dozens of people attended a vigil at a Baptist church about two miles from where the body was found.
We have kids and it just hit so close to home. It's unbelievable how somebody can just do something that horrible to something so precious," said organizer Crystal Godfrey, who lives a few miles from where the body was found.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, said he raised his daughter for several years but last month decided to let her stay with her mother. He had pleaded for her safe return.

Lockhart told The Associated Press on Saturday that he and Davis never argued about him raising Shaniya, and Cumberland County courts had no record of a custody dispute. He described his relationship with Davis as a "one-night stand" and said he did not know McNeill.

Davis struggled financially over the years, but she recently got a job and her own place, so Lockhart said he decided to give her a chance with their daughter.

"I should've never let her go over there," he said Saturday night. A friend at Lockhart's home Monday afternoon said Lockhart did not want to speak with reporters.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1671 on: November 17, 2009, 07:01:47 AM »

But a five year old could talk and tell what happened to her. The aunt would have seen the changes in her if she had been able to get Shaniya. Bio mom saying they would never see Shaniya again should have sent the dad rushing home, instead of waiting 3 weeks. No job is that important. Before this I have had nothing but sympathy for the Dad and aunt. Now..it puts a different light on their actions. 

from what I understand, they were not court ordered or bound to let this child ever go near the egg donor..they should have never let her go imo!!! this would have never happened if they would not have taken her there...the mother more than likely would not have traveled to get the child and if she wanted to take the dad to court for custody, bring it on! with her record of DCF being at her house on several occasions and the fact that convicted criminals were on the premise, she wouldn't have stood a chance for custody...let alone that egg donor was not even supposed to be living there in the first place..so she would not even have an established home to bring this child to!!!
for whatever reason, Dad and Aunt let her down......who took care of dad's other kids while he was away at work??  did Dad or Aunt call Shaniya while she was staying with egg donor? did dad not see her during the time that she was with egg donor? 3 weeks is a long time to be separated from your child, I am sure that Shaniya yearned for dad and missed him terribly! I am sick over this, just sick..

I know in Michigan, the mother of an unmarried couple is presumed to have custody unless the dad goes to court. I wonder if in this case, since there was no formal custody arrangement, if Dad knew he could not force the issue. In Michigan, when the dad signs an affidavit of parentage, the form states right on it that he knows mom has custody. Didn't dad also work out of the area or out of the country. He may have assumed that he would just take care of it when he got back. That is assuming the Aunt even told him - she may have kept it from him assuming it was just another stupid remark.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1672 on: November 17, 2009, 07:39:03 AM »

I'd give anything to have NC make an example out of the people involved in this case.  It's time the law did something to scare these sickos!  I think when we find out what happened to this baby and it's on paper for all to read it may just send a message to everone.  We need to push it.  I live in FL and the missing children, women just never end.  Maybe the way to start is to keep pedos in jail forever and make stricter laws for batterers or all crimes against children and women.  Dept. of Children and Families needs an overhaul immediately.  All those that get investigated should be watched for a longer period of time by more than one DFACS worker and be held accountable for their cases.  I dunno, we gotta do something.  God, please help us help our children and bless those in need and those passed. 

an angelic monkey
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1673 on: November 17, 2009, 07:46:32 AM »

Maybe some facts will come to light that will allow me to feel compassion for Dad. Right now, the facts as I know them leave little room for compassion and a lot of room for laying responsibility at his feet. JMO!

Goodmorning CBB and Monkeys and guests,

At first I thought you were being unfair to Dad, I thought about it overnight and wonder WHY dad or the aunt didn't check out
where Shaniya was sleeping, what her bedroom looked like and what her chores would be so the child could adapt better to the
new environment.  Wouldn't you want to meet her whole family, this child wasn't with these people in four years?

This father and aunt sounded like like just dropped off the child, men I could understand...they just want to pay support money
and disappear, but the dads sister, how could she sleep at night not knowing how Shaniya adapted to a new place?

I agree with you after thinking, I would have wanted to know if A.D. had a car in case Shaniya would fall and break her arm,
or the flu, this is really neglectful to drop of a child like this.  I do feel for the dad and aunt,it was neglect.

Children should be taught to give a code word on the telephone to parents if someone is harming them.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1674 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:49 AM »

Maybe some facts will come to light that will allow me to feel compassion for Dad. Right now, the facts as I know them leave little room for compassion and a lot of room for laying responsibility at his feet. JMO!

Goodmorning CBB and Monkeys and guests,

At first I thought you were being unfair to Dad, I thought about it overnight and wonder WHY dad or the aunt didn't check out
where Shaniya was sleeping, what her bedroom looked like and what her chores would be so the child could adapt better to the
new environment.  Wouldn't you want to meet her whole family, this child wasn't with these people in four years?

This father and aunt sounded like like just dropped off the child, men I could understand...they just want to pay support money
and disappear, but the dads sister, how could she sleep at night not knowing how Shaniya adapted to a new place?

I agree with you after thinking, I would have wanted to know if A.D. had a car in case Shaniya would fall and break her arm,
or the flu, this is really neglectful to drop of a child like this.  I do feel for the dad and aunt,it was neglect.

Children should be taught to give a code word on the telephone to parents if someone is harming them.

.....and what about school?  Shaniya's teacher said that she was withdrawn in October without explaination.
There was every reason to call authorities.   Even if the custody issue was clouded, the father could have come
home to check on his child or the aunt could have gone over to check on her.  They just abandoned this baby.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1675 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:53 AM »

morning, Monkeys.

I'm intrigued, and nervous over the statement by Chance that the probe of human-trafficking could grow.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1676 on: November 17, 2009, 08:18:33 AM »

(please excuse if duplicate)

Father cries out at 5-year-old's vigil, plans to speak with media

Posted: Today at 5:34 a.m.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — The father of a missing 5-year-old girl who was found dead near the Lee-Harnett county line Monday afternoon said he plans to hold a news conference Tuesday.

Bradley Lockhart attended a candlelight vigil for his daughter, Shaniya Nicole Davis, Monday night and cried out as people held him up.

(video of dad at last night's vigil)

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1677 on: November 17, 2009, 08:27:41 AM »

Still working in photoshop but here is what I've done so far...

the first pic is the original...the second, I've cropped and zoomed in on the elevator buttons (shows bottom button lit suggesting they were going DOWN) Also, you can see that the number on the left panel is either a 2 or a 3...when I sharpened it looked more like a 3. Hope this works--never posted a picture here before

thanks, Jan.

Initially I thought this was tape of them leaving, but several have posted news articles that LE has stated that this tape was filmed at 6:11 - upon arrival.

I wonder:  maybe MM took her up the stairs, and then down the elevator to the room?

Maybe he did some zig-zagging through the hotel?

That's the only thing that I can think may have been the case.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1678 on: November 17, 2009, 08:51:55 AM »

Body of Missing 5 Year Old NC Girl Shaniya Davis Found ; Antoinette Davis & Mario Andrette McNeill facing Charges

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/11/17/body-of-missing-5-year-old-nc-girl-shaniya-davis-found-antoinette-davis-mario-andrette-mcneill-facing-charges/

Some of these stories are harder to take than others ...

Shaniya Davis had been missing since November 10, 2009 in Fayetteville, NC. What a tragic and heinous life this little child lived. How could anyone, especially one’s own mother do such a thing to their child? May she now be finally in peace. One thing is for certain, she is now in a better place where no one can ever harm this poor child ever again.

I am often asked by people when dealing with such missing person cases that wind up like this in death that how can God allow such a beautiful and inncent child to die. My answer is simple in such a case like this henous case of 5 year old Shaniya Nicole Davis where her own mother was pimping her out for sex. God did not allow this girl to die, God intervened and said enough is enough. He brought one of his most beautiful angels home so that she would no longer have to be abused, hurt, raped and trafficked for sexual purposed. Shaniya Davis is now in a place where there is no pain, only love … something of which it would appear that she was given little of on Earth.

God bless this child and may she be in eternal peace.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1679 on: November 17, 2009, 09:35:21 AM »

for those that are questioning, the fathers and aunts part in this tragedy
this may help answer that, if this statement is true

Chance said the family has had contact with the Department of Social Services in the past. "There have been major DSS issues with this family, who has custody, switching back and forth." Chance said it's unknown whether the child's disappearance is related to those issues.

taken from here
http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-Crime--Media-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Where-is-5yearold-Shaniya-Davis

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.