April 23, 2024, 08:09:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patricia Kimmi, 58yrs old, Horton Kansas missing 11/6/09 (REMAINS FOUND)  (Read 25393 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 10, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21555731/detail.html

Search Continues For Missing Kan. Woman
Authorities Believe Patricia Kimmi Forcibly Taken From Home

POSTED: 2:07 pm CST November 8, 2009
UPDATED: 8:17 pm CST November 9, 2009

HORTON, Kan. -- Atchison County authorities said a 58-year-old woman missing from her home near Horton was taken against her will.

Atchison County Sheriff John Calhoon said he believes Patricia Kimmi was "forcefully removed" from her home sometime Friday. He declined to elaborate.

Kimmi's family reported her missing on Saturday.

On Monday, investigators said they have recovered partial dentures that were identified as Kimmi's. The dentures were found along a road.

Kimmi is white with brown hair and blue eyes, 5 feet 6 inches tall and about 160 pounds.

A culprit has not been identified.

Anyone with information in the case should call Atchison County sheriffs dispatchers at 913-367-4323.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-patricia-kimmi-missing-atchison-110709,0,4761316.story

Partial Dentures Found In Search For Missing Kansas Woman

Tess Koppelman

Meagan Kelleher, FOX 4 Web Producer

November 9, 2009

ATCHISON COUNTY, Kan.
Quantcast

The sheriff in Atchison County, Kansas says a woman there appears to have been forcefully removed from her home. Patricia Kimmi, 58, has been missing since Friday morning. Monday's search south of Horton, Kansas turned up a new clue.

The Horton Fire Department has been serving as the command post for Monday's search. It was one of those search parties that discovered partial dentures along the roadway.

About 200 people met at the Horton Fire Department to search every inch of land six to eight miles to the west of Kimmi's home. They also had help from the highway patrol helicopter.

Kimmi's son-in-law Lonnie Boller is a former police officer and leading search efforts. He's telling people to look for anything out of the ordinary.

"It could be as small as a dime or her. We hope to find her," Boller said.

Kimmi's family reported her missing on Saturday. A friend was supposed to meet her for a shopping trip in St. Joseph.

"The friend couldn't get a hold of her by phone so she called me. I came out and checked. We knew something was wrong," Kimmi's daughter Rita Boller said.

Rita Boller said she talks to her mother every day.

"She loved God and her family, she would not voluntarily be gone. Certainly not gone this long," she said.

That's why the family has worked tirelessly to find her. Police said evidence in the house suggests Kimmi was taken against her will, but they're not calling it a murder.

"I want to be hopeful but with what we found, she has injuries," Sheriff John Calhoon said. "But I have faith she'll be found alive."

"We'll just keep searching," Rita Boller said. "Whoever did this or whoever is involved picked the wrong person because we're not gonna stop."

The family said they've been overwhelmed with all the support from the community and they're still asking anyone who has information to call the police.

Kimmi is described as a white female with brown hair and blue eyes. She's 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs about 160 pounds. If you know the whereabouts of Patricia Kimmi or can help locate the Blacks, call the Atchison County Sheriff's office at (913) 367-0216.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:39:24 PM »

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Foul-Play-Suspected-in-Woman-s-Disappearance/K2yvR_AunkmOB9EmrhlAnA.cspx

Updated 11:30 a.m.
HORTON, Kan. – The Atchison County Sheriff says they have found another piece of evidence to support their assumption that a missing woman was taken forcefully from her home and may be in danger.

“The evidence we have we believe is going to be associated with the missing body of Patricia Kimmie,” said Sheriff John Calhoun. “Until the body is recovered there is hope she is alive.

“In the past hour, we uncovered another piece of evidence that believe that is going to support that foul play was involved,” Calhoun said just before 11 a.m. Monday. “We continue to recover evidentiary items that cause us great concern.”

Calhoun said the investigation is ongoing and there is still a lot of work to do. “We are continuing to find some evidence we believe will be helpful."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »

http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story/The-search-continues-for-missing-Horton-woman/rk1vx3VSVkWQUXg85hCKUQ.cspx

The search continues for missing Horton woman

Last Update: 11/09 11:29 pm

By Audrey Esther
    The search for missing Atchison County woman Patricia Kimmi continued late into the night on Monday. Atchison County authorities believe 58-year-old Kimmi was forcefully removed from her home Friday evening.
        Since then, several hundred volunteers have searched on hands and knees throughout parts of Atchison, Jackson and Brown counties.
    The discovery of Kimmi's partial dentures during an early morning search on Monday was somber news. Atchison County Sheriff John Calhoon said the dentures along with previous evidence suggest that Kimmi received several injuries when she was taken from her home.
   For more information about Kimmi and about Monday's search please click on 27 News Reporter Audrey Esther's vide
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 10:05:37 PM »

Posted: 2:28 PM Nov 11, 2009

Horton High Helps In Serch For Patricia Kimmi
Horton high school students have set up a story on their website to help find a missing woman because a relative of the missing Patricia Kimmi, is a teacher at the school.

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)_ High school students are joining the effort to find a missing Atchison County woman.

Horton high school students have set up a story on their website because a relative of the missing Patricia Kimmi, is a teacher at the school.

The students said they want the Kimmi's to know how much they care and are hoping for her safe return. Authorities say they think she was taken from her home sometime after Friday evening.

They are asking anyone with information to call the Atchison County Sheriff's Office at 913-367-4323.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/69783147.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »

This appears to be an act of aggression against her..
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »

Items Found In Case Of Missing Kan. Woman
Cap, Watch Found Near Patricia Kimmi's Home
POSTED: 8:56 pm CST November 13, 2009

Investigators said they've found new clues in the disappearance of an Atchison County, Kan., woman.

Authorities said there are signs that Patricia Kimmi, 58, was taken by force from her home near Horton Friday night.

The Sheriff's Office found two items near her house they are trying to identify. One is a money clip and the other is a camouflage cap.

Deputies are also seeking information about the owner of a large pickup truck seen in the area on the night of Nov. 6. It had dual rear wheels and was either red or a darker color.

Anyone with information in the case can call the Atchison County Sheriff's Office at 913-367-4323
http://www.kmbc.com/news/21612262/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »

Missing Woman's Family Desperate For Answers

Time is of the essence, and with every passing day, Patricia's family and friends grow increasingly worried.  However, their resolve is strong, and they are determined to find her at all costs.

At a press conference on November 19, 2009, her family announced a $10,000 reward for any information leading to an arrest and/or Patricia's recovery.

The following morning, an anonymous donor called police offering an additional $40,000 for information leading to an arrest in this case, upping the total reward to $50,000.

Cops are asking for the public's help in not only finding the distinct pickup truck, but the owners of the recovered camouflage hat and the moneyclip, as well.

If you know anything about these items, or have any information relating to the disappearance of Patricia Kimmi, you've got to call our hotline right away at 1-800-CRIME-TV.

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=69403

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »

http://www.patriciakimmi.ezweb123.com/

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 02:17:03 PM »

Saved pics and vids for Pat Kimmi:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Patricia%20Kimmi/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 08:45:15 PM »

Posted: 6:56 PM Jan 21, 2010

Home Searched In Connection With Missing Woman
Law enforcement officials announced a break in the case of a missing Atchison county woman.

Sabetha, KS. (WIBW)--Law enforcement officials announced a break in the case of a missing Atchison county woman.

Family members reported Patricia Kimmi missing nearly two and a half months ago and authorities quickly suspected she was taken by force, due to her partial dentures recovered near her Horton home.

Atchison county deputies led a multi-county search at a rural Nemaha county house and surrounding areas. Authorities obtained a search warrant Wednesday and started their investigation this morning. It was reported that more than 40 vehicles surrounded the property at 1755 V Rd. Roger and Rebecca Hollister own the house just a few miles southwest of Sabetha.
The Atchison Globe online reports that authorities had located, confiscated and searched a dismantled vehicle that was believed to be involved in the abduction. That vehicle was found on the Hollister residence.

“A number of developments in the missing Patricia Kimmi case have occurred this week,” said Atchison County Sheriff John Calhoon. “We discovered earlier in the week what we believe to be a key piece of evidence in the case, which in turn has intensified the investigation.”

Authorities would not discuss specifics on any leads at their press conference on Thursday. Calhoon said no arrests have been made and would not comment on the connection between the Hollister house and Kimmi. While authorities released little information on the impact of their findings today, family members are still hopeful.

“It’s great to have this break in the case…authorities are working hard and we appreciate it,” said Patricia’s son-in-law Lonnie Boller.

Authorities are still asking for the public's help. If you have any information, call the Atchison County Sheriff's department at 913-367-43-23 or the Kansas Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-KS-CRIME.

Due to an anonymous donation and a family fund, there’s a $50,000 reward for any tips leading authorities to an arrest in the case.
http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/82308182.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 08:45:55 PM »

video at that link

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »

Search warrant executed at Nemaha County home
Last Update: 2:45 pm

The Atchison County Sheriff's Office might have a break in the case of a missing Horton woman.

Thursday morning, law enforcement searched near a rural Nemaha County home looking for clues related to the disappearance of 58-year old Patricia Kimmi. Kimmi has been missing since early November and deputies believe foul play is involved..

According to the Atchison Globe newspaper and our crew on the scene, officers executed a search warrant at a home a few miles east and south of Seneca. Authorities said they found and confiscated a dismantled vehicle that is believed to be involved in the missing woman's case. A 2:30pm press conference was planned in Sabetha where authorities were expected to release more information.

Atchison county authorities say Kimmi was forcibly taken from her home near Horton on November sixth. Numerous searches for Kimmi followed, but turned up nothing and eventually a 50-thousand dollar reward was offered for information that could lead to an arrest and conviction in the abduction.

27 News KSNT has been in Nemaha County for most of the day and we’ll bring you full details on 27 News at 5, 6 & 10pm and also Fox 43 News at 9pm.
http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story/Search-warrant-executed-at-Nemaha-County-home/10xlp0RKtkq7FYLH__xUQw.cspx

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1700480.html
Authorities find new evidence in case of missing Horton, Kan., woman
The Associated Press
Posted on Fri, Jan. 22, 2010 10:03 AM
The Associated Press
SABETHA | The Atchison County Sheriff’s office says it has recovered a key piece of evidence in the disappearance of a rural Horton woman.

Patricia Kimmi disappeared from her home on Nov. 6, and her family reported her missing the next day.

Law enforcement officers on Thursday searched a home in rural Nemaha County that belongs to friends of Kimmi’s ex-husband.

The St. Joseph News-Press reports that Sheriff John Calhoon says investigators found a dismantled car that is believed to be involved in Kimmi’s disappearance. He says the couple that lives at the home owns the car.

No charges or arrests have been made in the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »

I added lots of pics of the search at the Hollister property
to the archive album for Pat Kimmi.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 06:35:22 PM »

Nice picture albums.. AmandaReckonwith

That Chevy Truck does notappear dismantled.

I wonder if DNA in the cap found would be the same DNA as her exhubby.. ?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »

Injured couple tied to Kimmi case

Updated February 27, 2010 at 12:24am
The occupants of a property searched by authorities in connection with the disappearance of an Atchison County woman were hospitalized Friday after their vehicle collided with a tractor-trailer on US-75 highway in Brown County.

Roger and Rebecca Hollister, of Sabetha, were heading south on US-75 at 7:23 a.m. when the 2002 Buick sport utility vehicle they were driving crossed the center line and struck a 2006 International tractor-trailer about four miles south of Fairview, the Kansas Highway Patrol said. The patrol said the Buick entered part of the northbound shoulder and struck the truck, which had attempted to move to the left to avoid the collision.

Troopers said Roger Hollister, 58, and his wife, 55, were transported to Hiawatha Community Hospital for unspecified injuries and later flown to The University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City, Kan.

The Hollisters' were identified as the occupants of a property at 1755 V Road in rural Nemaha County that was searched by authorities in January in the investigation into the disappearance of Patricia "Pat" Kimmi.

Kimmi is believed to have been abducted from her home just outside of Horton on Nov. 6. Family members reported her missing the next morning, and her children have worked with volunteers to search hundreds of miles of roadway. Investigators found signs of a struggle in their investigation.

One piece of evidence authorities previously said they believed was connected to the crime was a camouflage baseball cap that says "Saylor Insurance Service, Sabetha, KS." Sabetha is a town in Nemaha County near the Kansas-Nebraska border. The other was a 1922 silver dollar money clip. Authorities had been searching for a red or dark-colored truck with dual rear wheels that was seen in the area of Kimmi's home the day she disappeared.

Earlier this week, The Atchison Globe reported Atchison County Attorney Jerry Kuckelman had begun inquisition hearings to gather evidence in the case. Kuckelman didn't identify who was involved.

"The number of witnesses grows daily," Kuckelman told The Globe.
http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-02-26/injured_couple_tied_to_kimmi_case

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »

Police Search Business Owned By Missing Woman's Ex-Husband

POSTED: 3:48 pm CST March 12, 2010
UPDATED: 4:32 pm CST March 12, 2010

AtTCHISON COUNTY, Kan. -- Atchison County sheriff's deputies and agents from the Kansas Bureau of Investigation searched a lumber business on Friday afternoon that is owned by a missing woman's ex-husband.

Authorities did not say what they were looking for on the property when they searched it for three hours, but they said it was connected to the disappearance of 58-year-old Patricia Kimmi who was last seen alive back in November.

Police said Kimmi was supposed to meet with a friend on the day she disappeared, but she never showed up. There was a massive search for her in the area at the time of her disappearance and investigators have found evidence of a struggle inside her rural Atchison County home.

Authorities said Kimmi's ex-husband has not been charged in the case. He has hired a lawyer and so far police said they have not questioned him, but one of his business partners has been named a person of interest. Authorities said he is in jail on an unrelated charge.
http://www.kctv5.com/news/22825643/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »

Prosecutor: Conclusion near in missing woman case   

3/18/2010

SABETHA, Kan. (AP) -- Investigators are continuing their search Thursday morning at the Nemaha County farm of a "person of interest" in the disappearance of a 58-year-old Horton woman.
Atchison County Attorney Jerry Kuckelman says authorities are getting closer to concluding the case involving 58-year-old Patricia Kimmi, who has been missing since Nov. 6.

Kuckelman declined to give details of what evidence was found Wednesday at the rural Sabetha home of Roger and Rebecca Hollister. He says Roger Hollister is a person of interest in Kimmi's disappearance, but stopped short of calling him a suspect.

The same property was searched in January. Roger Hollister was charged earlier this month with attempted first-degree murder and aggravated battery after driving his SUV head-on into a tractor trailer.

http://www.saljournal.com/news/story/KSNEWS-MissingWoman031810

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »

Ex-Husband Of Missing Woman Arrested On DUI Charge
Brown County authorities say 59-year old Eugene Kimmi was stopped Saturday afternoon on Highway 73 just north of Hiawatha

Posted: 8:40 PM Mar 22, 2010

The ex-husband of missing Atchison County woman Patricia Kimmi was arrested this weekend for a felony DUI charge.

Brown County authorities say 59-year old Eugene Kimmi was stopped Saturday afternoon on Highway 73 just north of Hiawatha. Officials say kimmi was travelling alone.

This is Kimmi's third alleged DUI.

He posted bond Saturday afternoon.

The charge is unrelated to the ongoing Atchison County investigation into the disappearance of Patricia Kimmi. She disappeared in November from her rural home near Horton.

The investigation sparked a search of a sawmill belonging to Eugene Kimmi earlier this month
http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/88877917.html

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.