April 17, 2024, 09:55:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #29 1/21/10 - 2/4/10  (Read 459031 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:05 AM »

I thought Donna Brock came from money?   

Case Number:      10000130CFMA

BROCK, DONNA MICHELLE

1/21/2010      APPLICATION FOR INDIGENT STATUS APPROVED

http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/courtcaseweb/CaseDetail.aspx?txt=brock%2c+donna&ps=50&m=name&s=4&caseid=192641

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:26 AM »

From scanner, names being checked:

Hank Crosllin 1968 dob ... no past
Hank Croslin Jr ... with a past and protection order
Bobby Wise ... with a past
James Hall ... with a past out of Tennessee and Georgia
Askley Webb ... no past

Officer is 1228
you know what i find odd about this... we never really nailed down the 2 males and this ashley was pregnant and related to these people via her husband... from my myspace digging she never leaves his side... i wonder if her husb charles webb was there and gave someone elses name to the cops... if so why?

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »

From scanner, names being checked:

Hank Crosllin 1968 dob ... no past
Hank Croslin Jr ... with a past and protection order
Bobby Wise ... with a past
James Hall ... with a past out of Tennessee and Georgia
Askley Webb ... no past

Officer is 1228
you know what i find odd about this... we never really nailed down the 2 males and this ashley was pregnant and related to these people via her husband... from my myspace digging she never leaves his side... i wonder if her husb charles webb was there and gave someone elses name to the cops... if so why?

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »

The Putnam County jail roster shows Misty's bond amount is now up to $1,100,000.00.

http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=758546&IMG=60244
raised bond or added charges raising the bond?
also someone else mentioned earlier i think cw that it would be less time if she just copped to the homicide charge 15yrs i think... well yeah it is a lighter sentence but think of all the charges they could add afterward... neglect of a minor, abuse of a minor, wreckless endangerment, hindering prosecution... etc etc
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2010, 09:09:28 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/01/22/news/news01.txt
Misty, Ronald may face long prison sentences

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Friday, January 22, 2010 2:19 AM EST
JACKSONVILLE - Officials reaffirmed Thursday the arrests of the father and former stepmother of Haleigh Cummings are not connected to the 5-year-old's disappearance.

Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin and three others, including her brother, were jailed Wednesday following a monthlong undercover narcotics investigation that involved the trafficking of Hydrocodone and Oxycodone within St. Johns and Putnam counties.

"This is just phase one of the culmination of (Wednesday) night," Dominick Pape, special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in Jacksonville, said Thursday. "There will be a lot more investigation now and we will be analyzing all of the evidence that was seized upon arrest of all the subjects."

The arrests were made after Cummings, 26, and Croslin, 18, purchased trafficking amounts of prescription medications from undercover investigators Wednesday evening, Pape said.

Others arrested included Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, of Satsuma, Donna Brock, 43, of Orlando, and Hope Sykes of Satsuma.

Haleigh Cummings was reported missing early Feb. 10, 2009, from her Satsuma home. No trace of her has been found.

While behind bars, the five may be subject to questioning regarding the night Haleigh disappeared.

"Any time we get the opportunity to interview an individual whose name has come up in the Haleigh investigation, we are going to speak with them," Greenwood said. "We hope something will come out of it, but it was by no means the intent of these cases."
Pape did not associate the two cases in Thursday's press conference, but focused on the drugs.

"This is about prescription pills," Pape said. "This is an outstanding drug trafficking investigation that culminated with the arrest of five subjects."

According to Lt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, all are being held in St. Johns County with the exception of Cummings, who is being held in Flagler County.

Each appeared in court Thursday morning for their first appearance, State Attorney's Office Spokesman Chris Kelly said.

"The prosecutors will review the charging documents and the evidence and make a determination once they have an opportunity to review everything," Kelly said.

Croslin could face up to 74 years behind bars and Cummings could face up to 43 years.

At the first appearance, all bonds were kept the same as set in the arrest warrants, Kelly said.

Bonds were: Croslin, $950,000; Cummings, $500,000; Croslin Jr., $100,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Brock, $250,000.

"This case is ongoing with the potential for more arrests," Pape said.

Croslin was baby sitting the night of Haleigh's disappearance and later married then divorced Cummings. Investigators have been consistent in their viewpoint that she is a key in solving Haleigh's disappearance.
Brock was known to have associated with Croslin in October after an Orlando road-rage incident landed them in the news.

As a volunteer for EquuSearch, Brock previously said she befriended Croslin to pass information about Haleigh's disappearance to investigators.

Pape said the investigation will continue through "phase two," which involves learning where the five allegedly purchased the pills and their methods of obtaining them.

Investigators are also trying to learn how long they may have trafficked the pills, he said.

He added that the sale and use of illicit prescription drugs is on a dramatic rise in Florida.

"We know 75 percent of drug-related deaths in Florida were related to prescription drugs," Pape said. "Oxycodone was related in 2008 to 941 deaths and 499 deaths in 2009."

The investigation that led to Wednesday's arrests involved personnel from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force and the State Attorney's Office.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:06 AM »

Cummings, Croslin jailed
HaLeigh's dad, former stepmom among 5 busted in prescription drug sting
<snipped>

The father of HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings, the 5-year-old Putnam County girl who has been missing nearly a year, and his ex-wife were arrested late Wednesday on drug trafficking charges after a monthlong undercover investigation, police said.

Ronald Lemyles Cummings, 26, is facing three counts of trafficking prescription medications, and his bond was set at $500,000, while Misty Janette Croslin, 18, is facing six counts of the same charge and was being jailed on $950,000 bond.

On Feb. 10, Croslin, then Cummings' live-in girlfriend, called police to report HaLeigh missing.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood, a spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Thursday that the disappearance and the drug cases are completely separate.

"It was totally unrelated," Greenwood said. "It's really ironic how it happened."

About a month ago, investigators got an anonymous tip Croslin and Cummings were involved in a prescription drug ring, he said.

The detective assigned to HaLeigh's case was not involved in the drug investigation and, he said, wasn't even told about it until Wednesday.

In addition to Croslin and Cummings, three others were charged: Croslin's brother, Hank Thomas "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, of Satsuma; Cummings' cousin, Hope A. Sykes, 18, of Satsuma; and Donna Michelle Brock, 44, of Orlando.

The three were each charged with one count of trafficking prescription medication, though their bonds varied.

Hank Croslin's was set at $100,000, Sykes' at $150,000 and Brock's at $250,000.

While Putnam County police led the investigation, some of the alleged transactions were in St. Johns County, meaning some suspects would be prosecuted in St. Johns, said Sgt. Chuck Mulligan, a spokesman for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

Separate jails

The Croslins and Brock were being held at the St. Johns County jail, while Sykes was being held in Putnam County.

Cummings was at the Flagler County jail because police wanted to keep him and his ex-wife separated.

The Sheriff's Office said that, on seven occasions, undercover investigators purchased the painkillers Oxycodone and Hydrocodone from the suspects and estimated the "street value" of the drugs at $3,900.

On Wednesday, according to a news release, Cummings and Croslin "purchased trafficking amounts of prescription medications from undercover investigators" and were immediately arrested.

During each alleged drug deal, Misty Croslin was involved, Greenwood said.

"The only common denominator in all of them was Misty."

Seven deals

While there were seven transactions, Croslin was charged in six. However, Greenwood said it was likely she would be charged in the seventh as well.

Croslin, Cummings and Brock would face a minimum of 25 years in prison if convicted.

Hank Croslin and Sykes are facing 15 years in prison.

Misty Croslin told County Judge Charles J. Tinlin at her first appearance in court Thursday that she had an attorney, Robert Fields, and had been in touch with him Wednesday.

He had represented her in the past, he said, and might be her attorney again.

"For right now, I am (representing Croslin), but I haven't formally filed a notice of appearance yet," Fields said Thursday afternoon.

Fields said he would try to visit Croslin at the jail either today or over the weekend.

St. Augustine attorney Terry Shoemaker worked with Ronald Cummings as the search for HaLeigh developed but knew very little Thursday about the latest charges.

"I'm not sure if we represent him on this or not," said Shoemaker. "I have to make an appointment to see him, and that won't be before (today)."

Shoemaker and partner Dan Mowrey were set to visit Cummings when they got a call from the jail Thursday.

Visit delayed

They were told all the times had been booked up in the jail's only two conference rooms, so they scheduled time for today.

While Greenwood said the cases were unrelated, Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, told reporters she believes Croslin's bail was set purposely high to keep her locked up.

Cummings and his former wife had been seeing each other occasionally and were to meet Wednesday about 5 p.m. after he finished working at a tree-trimming job, Neves said.

She said she believes her son was staying in contact with Croslin in hopes of learning what happened to HaLeigh and hoped the arrest of her former daughter-in-law could mean a break.

"Maybe she'll flip and tell us where HaLeigh is," she said. "That is the only [good] thing that can come out of this."

Greenwood said that while police have no reason to connect the alleged drug ring with HaLeigh's disappearance, detectives hope to re-interview the suspects.

"As many times as we get to, we're going to until we get a resolution in this case," Greenwood said.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-01-22/cummings-croslin-jailed

until you formally file an appearance on a case you are not their atty and will not be privy to any evidence... translation let me talk and see how deep this bish is before i go down with this sinking ship
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2010, 09:17:31 AM »

Hi sweet monkeys!!! Last night on NG,it seems one of Tim Millers people(woman)is involved in this arrest? Gosh I hope this doesn't bring Tim any trouble.Sad  What happened to little Haleigh?I fear we may never know.Sad

I don't think Tim will have any trouble.
JMHO  HT-Brandi

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6473.msg1058595#msg1058595

TIM MILLER TALKS CANDIDLY ABOUT DONNA BROCK; AND THE MISTY CUMMINGS TAPES EXPOSED

January 21, 2010 by Steph

SUNDAY NIGHT AT 8:00 P.M., only on blogtalkradio.com/Watts-Up-With-This

Tune in to my radio show Sunday night for a live candid interview with Texas EquuSearch founder, Tim Miller. He will talk candidly about Donna Brock, the woman now charged, along with Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings, in an undecover drug sting. Donna use to work for Miller, and was working as a “double agent,” by befriending Misty Croslin and providing information to the Putnam County Sherriff’s Dept. After a road rage incident, and my reporting of Donna Brock distributing drugs to Misty while on a interview in NY, Miller released brock for TES, and the police no longer required her services. But Brock continued her “friendship” with Misty, spiraling out of control, and ending up jailed in a drug sting operation.

Also, in another exclusive interview, Jacgue Hollander heard all the illegal wire tap tapes Brock made of Misty Croslin. Hollander will relay, in detail what she heard on those tapes and how she belives Brock knows where Haliegh Cummings is. Will Brock sing like a church brid now that the long arm of the law has caught up with her?? You’ll hear this ONLY on “watts-Up-With-This??”!!!!!

http://stephww.wordpress.com/

Sorry if this is a repost, but I haven't seen it posted yet.

Note the date: Oct. 30.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2010, 09:20:52 AM »

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100122/ARTICLES/1221005/1001/NEWS01?Title=Haleigh-s-father-his-ex-wife-jailed
Haleigh's father, his ex-wife jailed

By Lise Fisher and Cindy Swirko
Staff writers

Published: Friday, January 22, 2010 at 6:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, January 22, 2010 at 1:24 a.m.

( page of 3 )

The father of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings and his ex-wife were among five people arrested Wednesday after a monthlong investigation into the trafficking of prescription medications, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office reported.

Family members and officers said they hope the arrests could lead to a break in the Feb. 10 disappearance of Haleigh.

Arrested were Ronald L. Cummings, 26; Misty Croslin, 18; her brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23; and Hope A. Sykes, 18, all of Satsuma; and Donna Brock, 44, of Orlando.

"We had a source that said they were dealing large amounts of prescription drugs. We are talking amounts that could get 25 years in prison," Lt. Johnny Greenwood said. "We do not know where they were getting the drugs from. We want to see how much further this investigation can go in that regard."

Investigators allege they purchased oxycodone and hydrocodone from the five on seven different occasions. The estimated street value of the drugs was $3,900, the Sheriff's Office reported.
Cummings is the father of Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared from the home she shared with him and his then-girlfriend, Misty Croslin, in Satsuma.

Misty Croslin has said she was home alone with the girl, then 5, and the child's younger brother when the girl vanished overnight. No trace of Haleigh has been reported since, in spite of an intensive and repeated search in the area and numerous tips.

"We certainly hope that something good is going to come out of all of this bad. I'm thinking that with the time [in prison] that Misty is looking at, she is going to talk now. That's what we're hoping and praying for," said Teresa Neves, Cummings' mother. "We'd like to have Haleigh home."
Continued here.....  http://www.ocala.com/article/20100122/ARTICLES/1221005/1001/NEWS01?p=2&tc=pg
BBM
um if you have been watching them for 4 months ow do you not know... and that sentence implies they would be willing to make deals to get the bigger fish/their supplier...
starting to feel like the blind leading the blind again... te only reason they caugt these people is because they were willing to deal to someone they don't know (DUMB)
and now you don't know who the supplier was? are you fricking kidding me??????
if you want the supplier you should have done better investigating not just said uh well lets see if they will sell drugs to us and then we'll get em and ask them where'd they get it... we can trade em back their freedom
that one bolded sentence just turned around mywhole feelings towards the police and teir "investigation"
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: January 22, 2010, 09:53:03 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-haleigh-cummings-misty-dad-arrested-20100121,0,7483449.story
Cops hopeful drug bust will help solve case of missing Haleigh Cummings

By Anthony Colarossi and Willoughby Mariano, Orlando Sentinel

9:06 a.m. EST, January 22, 2010
Putnam County investigators are hopeful that Wednesday's drug arrest of Ronald Cummings and ex-wife Misty Croslin will help them solve the year-old mystery of his missing toddler, Haleigh Cummings.

Cummings, 26, and Croslin, 18, face multiple counts of trafficking charges. They were among five people arrested Wednesday in a prescription drug trafficking sting, deputy sheriffs said.

Also arrested was Donna Brock, an Orlando woman who accompanied Croslin on a recent trip to Central Florida and who was affiliated with Texas EquuSearch, a national organization that searches for missing people. Brock's membership in that group was terminated in late October.

Haleigh Cummings, then 5, captured national headlines when she disappeared from father Ronald Cummings' double-wide trailer in Satsuma last February.

Croslin was baby-sitting the girl while Cummings was working that night. She told investigators that she woke up and realized Haleigh was gone about 3:30 a.m. There were no signs of forced entry, and the back door was ajar.

At the time, Croslin was Cummings' girlfriend. Since, they have married and divorced.

Haleigh's body has not been found. No arrests have been made in her disappearance.

The search for answers about Haleigh and the drug case are separate probes, Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said, but investigators are hopeful the recent arrests will help them make their Haleigh case.
"Hopefully, something will come out of it on the Haleigh side, but that was not the intention," Greenwood said. "This was totally unrelated. It was a very good narcotics case."

Acting on information from a tipster, an undercover Putnam County detective purchased $3,900 worth of drugs from Croslin, Cummings, Brock and Hank Thomas "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, and Hope A. Sykes, 18. Brock's age was not available.
Hank Croslin is Misty Croslin's brother, Greenwood said.

Cummings and Misty Croslin could face a minimum-mandatory sentence of 25 years in state prison, the Sheriff's Office said.

Felony warrants obtained by the Orlando Sentinel today indicate Croslin was found selling or holding oxycodone and hydrocodone in Putnam and St. Johns counties on several occasions last month and this month. Twice she had or sold more than 28 grams of the drug, the warrants state.

"She [Misty Croslin] was involved in all of them [the drug purchases]," Greenwood said. "She was the common denominator in all seven buys."

On Wednesday, undercover investigators purchased what the deputy sheriffs described as "trafficking amounts" of prescription drugs from Cummings and Misty Croslin. They were taken into custody without incident.

Deputy sheriffs did not say whether they plan to interview the drug suspects in Haleigh's disappearance.

Since the missing child's case drew national attention in early February, Croslin has been no stranger to the law. In October, Palatka police said she was robbed while trying to buy drugs in that town.

When asked about the familiarity of Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings and their alleged dealing, Greenwood said, "They've been in the media spotlight since Day One."

Misty Croslin faces six counts of trafficking in prescription medication. She is being held on $950,000 bail. Cummings is being held on $500,000 bail for three counts of the same charge.
Hank Croslin, Sykes and Brock face one count each of the trafficking charge. Hank Croslin's bail is $100,000; Sykes is $150,000; Brock's is $250,000 bail.

Each defendant had initial appearances this morning and their bail amounts were kept the same, according to State Attorney's Office spokesman Chris Kelly.

Ronald Cummings is held at the Flagler County Jail. Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin and Brock are held at the St. Johns County Jail; and Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail, Kelly said.

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 352-742-5934.

Willoughby Mariano can be reached at wmariano@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5171.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: January 22, 2010, 09:54:09 AM »

OMG - COOBRA STRIKES AGAIN????

Exclusive: P.I. Claims Group Will Post Bond for Misty and Tommy Croslin

TJ Hart

As you heard first on TheSky973.com, the arrests of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock took place Wednesday evening and stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff's officials.

Misty Croslin is facing six counts of trafficking in prescription medications. Three counts of the same charge are pending against Cummings and one against Hank Croslin Jr., Sykes and Brock, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Misty Croslin is being held in lieu of $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank Croslin Jr., $100,000.

Ronald Cummings is the father of missing 6-year-old HaLeigh Cummings of Satsuma, FL who was abducted from her home February 9, 2009. Misty Croslin was babysitting the girl and her younger brother that night and was the last person to see her. Croslin and Cummings married a few weeks later and got a divorce a few months ago.

Private investigator William "Cobra" Staubs called 97.3 The SKY Friday morning to announce that he is representing a group who is seeking to post bail for MIsty Croslin and Tommy Croslin.

Staubs once led a pro-bono investigation into HaLeigh Cummings' disappearance and was the source who revealed to the public via 97.3 The SKY, FOX News Channel, Headline News and several online news sites that drugs played a prominent role in the domestic lives of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, her family and perhaps might have been a factor in the child's abduction.

AUDIO: William "Cobra" Staubs

Staubs left his independent investigation shortly after his arrest on charges of false imprisonment regarding the temporary cuffing of an accused capital child sex predator shortly after the man reportedly caused trouble at the HaLeighbug Information Center in Satsuma, FL where children were present.

Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr. and Brock are incarcerated in the St. Johns County Jail. Cummings was moved to the Flagler County Jail. Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail.

All but Sykes were moved to jails outside of Putnam County for security reasons. Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin were placed in separate jails to avoid the possibility of communication between them.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement Agent Dominick Pape said that potential maximum sentences if convicted are: Misty Croslin, 74 years; Cummings, 43 years; Brock, 25 years; Sykes, 15 years; and Hank Croslin, three years.

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2010, 10:02:43 AM »

OMG - COOBRA STRIKES AGAIN????

Exclusive: P.I. Claims Group Will Post Bond for Misty and Tommy Croslin

TJ Hart

As you heard first on TheSky973.com, the arrests of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock took place Wednesday evening and stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff's officials.

Misty Croslin is facing six counts of trafficking in prescription medications. Three counts of the same charge are pending against Cummings and one against Hank Croslin Jr., Sykes and Brock, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Misty Croslin is being held in lieu of $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank Croslin Jr., $100,000.

Ronald Cummings is the father of missing 6-year-old HaLeigh Cummings of Satsuma, FL who was abducted from her home February 9, 2009. Misty Croslin was babysitting the girl and her younger brother that night and was the last person to see her. Croslin and Cummings married a few weeks later and got a divorce a few months ago.

Private investigator William "Cobra" Staubs called 97.3 The SKY Friday morning to announce that he is representing a group who is seeking to post bail for MIsty Croslin and Tommy Croslin.

Staubs once led a pro-bono investigation into HaLeigh Cummings' disappearance and was the source who revealed to the public via 97.3 The SKY, FOX News Channel, Headline News and several online news sites that drugs played a prominent role in the domestic lives of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, her family and perhaps might have been a factor in the child's abduction.

AUDIO: William "Cobra" Staubs

Staubs left his independent investigation shortly after his arrest on charges of false imprisonment regarding the temporary cuffing of an accused capital child sex predator shortly after the man reportedly caused trouble at the HaLeighbug Information Center in Satsuma, FL where children were present.

Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr. and Brock are incarcerated in the St. Johns County Jail. Cummings was moved to the Flagler County Jail. Sykes is in the Putnam County Jail.

All but Sykes were moved to jails outside of Putnam County for security reasons. Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin were placed in separate jails to avoid the possibility of communication between them.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement Agent Dominick Pape said that potential maximum sentences if convicted are: Misty Croslin, 74 years; Cummings, 43 years; Brock, 25 years; Sykes, 15 years; and Hank Croslin, three years.

great if they get out they will go to mexico
is this another naynay scenario talk or i'll revoke?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/01/22/news/news01.txt

Misty, Ronald may face long prison sentences
By Kristin Chambers
Published: Friday, January 22, 2010 2:19 AM EST

JACKSONVILLE - Officials reaffirmed Thursday the arrests of the father and former stepmother of Haleigh Cummings are not connected to the 5-year-old's disappearance.

Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin and three others, including her brother, were jailed Wednesday following a monthlong undercover narcotics investigation that involved the trafficking of Hydrocodone and Oxycodone within St. Johns and Putnam counties.

"This is just phase one of the culmination of (Wednesday) night," Dominick Pape, special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in Jacksonville, said Thursday. "There will be a lot more investigation now and we will be analyzing all of the evidence that was seized upon arrest of all the subjects."

The arrests were made after Cummings, 26, and Croslin, 18, purchased trafficking amounts of prescription medications from undercover investigators Wednesday evening, Pape said.

Others arrested included Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, of Satsuma, Donna Brock, 43, of Orlando, and Hope Sykes of Satsuma.

Haleigh Cummings was reported missing early Feb. 10, 2009, from her Satsuma home. No trace of her has been found.

While behind bars, the five may be subject to questioning regarding the night Haleigh disappeared.

"Any time we get the opportunity to interview an individual whose name has come up in the Haleigh investigation, we are going to speak with them," Greenwood said. "We hope something will come out of it, but it was by no means the intent of these cases."

Pape did not associate the two cases in Thursday's press conference, but focused on the drugs.

"This is about prescription pills," Pape said. "This is an outstanding drug trafficking investigation that culminated with the arrest of five subjects."

According to Lt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, all are being held in St. Johns County with the exception of Cummings, who is being held in Flagler County.

Each appeared in court Thursday morning for their first appearance, State Attorney's Office Spokesman Chris Kelly said.

"The prosecutors will review the charging documents and the evidence and make a determination once they have an opportunity to review everything," Kelly said.

Croslin could face up to 74 years behind bars and Cummings could face up to 43 years.

At the first appearance, all bonds were kept the same as set in the arrest warrants, Kelly said.

Bonds were: Croslin, $950,000; Cummings, $500,000; Croslin Jr., $100,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Brock, $250,000.

"This case is ongoing with the potential for more arrests," Pape said.

Croslin was baby sitting the night of Haleigh's disappearance and later married then divorced Cummings. Investigators have been consistent in their viewpoint that she is a key in solving Haleigh's disappearance.

Brock was known to have associated with Croslin in October after an Orlando road-rage incident landed them in the news.

As a volunteer for EquuSearch, Brock previously said she befriended Croslin to pass information about Haleigh's disappearance to investigators.

Pape said the investigation will continue through "phase two," which involves learning where the five allegedly purchased the pills and their methods of obtaining them.

Investigators are also trying to learn how long they may have trafficked the pills, he said.

He added that the sale and use of illicit prescription drugs is on a dramatic rise in Florida.

"We know 75 percent of drug-related deaths in Florida were related to prescription drugs," Pape said. "Oxycodone was related in 2008 to 941 deaths and 499 deaths in 2009."

The investigation that led to Wednesday's arrests involved personnel from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force and the State Attorney's Office.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com

I forsee Hank Sr. being arrested.  My bet is he is one of their suppliers.  Wasn't he arrested recently for DR shopping?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »

Thanks for all the updates, I can't wait to see who else is arrested.   IM  When I saw your avatar, I couldn't stop laughing 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »

Comment made by Cobra in the audio at the link to the story Gramamonkey posted  http://www.bloggernews.net/123612 

How ironic that drugs played a very important role in the disappearance and hopefully drugs play a role in the recovery.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »

Thank you all for all of the great information and links.

I think that Putnam County started this sting when Misty turned 18, so as not to involve her as a minor.
These pills are usually sold in lots of 100. Misty was probably paying $2.00 to $2.50 per pill.
 I would imagine that the police took the pills from their confiscated stash, so there is no bigger dealer.
We know that the Croslins are all into the oxy drugs and the averalge user takes about 7 pills a day.
That doesn't leave much for resale...700 pills over a four week period is 175 pills per week.
When the police say the street value is $3900 they use the high end street value which is around
$5.00 per pill
This bust was not enough to warrant the high bonds that have been put on the suspects.
They want to keep them for questioning.  It is a good thing. IMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »

Thanks for all the updates, I can't wait to see who else is arrested.   IM  When I saw your avatar, I couldn't stop laughing 

Sorry, after reading what TN stated, I just couldn't control myslef

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2010, 10:55:53 AM »

I just got done reading all the things that were said on Levi's show last night, extremely interesting, but not surprising to me. Liked the comments that Pat Brown made 
kdel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »

Cummings, Croslin jailed
HaLeigh's dad, former stepmom among 5 busted in prescription drug sting
<snipped>

The father of HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings, the 5-year-old Putnam County girl who has been missing nearly a year, and his ex-wife were arrested late Wednesday on drug trafficking charges after a monthlong undercover investigation, police said.

Ronald Lemyles Cummings, 26, is facing three counts of trafficking prescription medications, and his bond was set at $500,000, while Misty Janette Croslin, 18, is facing six counts of the same charge and was being jailed on $950,000 bond.

On Feb. 10, Croslin, then Cummings' live-in girlfriend, called police to report HaLeigh missing.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood, a spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Thursday that the disappearance and the drug cases are completely separate.

"It was totally unrelated," Greenwood said. "It's really ironic how it happened."

About a month ago, investigators got an anonymous tip Croslin and Cummings were involved in a prescription drug ring, he said.

The detective assigned to HaLeigh's case was not involved in the drug investigation and, he said, wasn't even told about it until Wednesday.

In addition to Croslin and Cummings, three others were charged: Croslin's brother, Hank Thomas "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, of Satsuma; Cummings' cousin, Hope A. Sykes, 18, of Satsuma; and Donna Michelle Brock, 44, of Orlando.

The three were each charged with one count of trafficking prescription medication, though their bonds varied.

Hank Croslin's was set at $100,000, Sykes' at $150,000 and Brock's at $250,000.

While Putnam County police led the investigation, some of the alleged transactions were in St. Johns County, meaning some suspects would be prosecuted in St. Johns, said Sgt. Chuck Mulligan, a spokesman for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

Separate jails

The Croslins and Brock were being held at the St. Johns County jail, while Sykes was being held in Putnam County.

Cummings was at the Flagler County jail because police wanted to keep him and his ex-wife separated.

The Sheriff's Office said that, on seven occasions, undercover investigators purchased the painkillers Oxycodone and Hydrocodone from the suspects and estimated the "street value" of the drugs at $3,900.

On Wednesday, according to a news release, Cummings and Croslin "purchased trafficking amounts of prescription medications from undercover investigators" and were immediately arrested.

During each alleged drug deal, Misty Croslin was involved, Greenwood said.

"The only common denominator in all of them was Misty."

Seven deals

While there were seven transactions, Croslin was charged in six. However, Greenwood said it was likely she would be charged in the seventh as well.

Croslin, Cummings and Brock would face a minimum of 25 years in prison if convicted.

Hank Croslin and Sykes are facing 15 years in prison.

Misty Croslin told County Judge Charles J. Tinlin at her first appearance in court Thursday that she had an attorney, Robert Fields, and had been in touch with him Wednesday.

He had represented her in the past, he said, and might be her attorney again.

"For right now, I am (representing Croslin), but I haven't formally filed a notice of appearance yet," Fields said Thursday afternoon.

Fields said he would try to visit Croslin at the jail either today or over the weekend.

St. Augustine attorney Terry Shoemaker worked with Ronald Cummings as the search for HaLeigh developed but knew very little Thursday about the latest charges.

"I'm not sure if we represent him on this or not," said Shoemaker. "I have to make an appointment to see him, and that won't be before (today)."

Shoemaker and partner Dan Mowrey were set to visit Cummings when they got a call from the jail Thursday.

Visit delayed

They were told all the times had been booked up in the jail's only two conference rooms, so they scheduled time for today.

While Greenwood said the cases were unrelated, Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, told reporters she believes Croslin's bail was set purposely high to keep her locked up.

Cummings and his former wife had been seeing each other occasionally and were to meet Wednesday about 5 p.m. after he finished working at a tree-trimming job, Neves said.

She said she believes her son was staying in contact with Croslin in hopes of learning what happened to HaLeigh and hoped the arrest of her former daughter-in-law could mean a break.

"Maybe she'll flip and tell us where HaLeigh is," she said. "That is the only [good] thing that can come out of this."

Greenwood said that while police have no reason to connect the alleged drug ring with HaLeigh's disappearance, detectives hope to re-interview the suspects.

"As many times as we get to, we're going to until we get a resolution in this case," Greenwood said.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-01-22/cummings-croslin-jailed

until you formally file an appearance on a case you are not their atty and will not be privy to any evidence... translation let me talk and see how deep this bish is before i go down with this sinking ship
Reading between the lines I also hear "I haven't been paid any kind of a retainer, so let's see what they can cough up!"  Ha!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2010, 10:57:31 AM »

I am going to post this video. If it doesnt work I will also post link.

Lindsey Croslin did not know Misty did drugs? really.. Monkey Devil!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="320" height="280" data="http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=4747"><param value="http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=4747" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Ftsg%2Ewofl%2Fnews%2Fgeorgia%2Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3D012110%2Dhaleigh%2Dcummings%2Dfamily%3Bloc%3Dsite%3Bsz%3D320x240%3Bord%3D925223913333300900%3Frand%3D0%2E4598732307223058&flv=%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26componentId%3D131489020&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Emyfoxorlando%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2010%2F01%2F21%2F012110%2Darrested%5F20100121055852%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxorlando%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Fcummings%5Fcase%2F012110%2Dhaleigh%2Dcummings%2Dfamily" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object>

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/012110-haleigh-cummings-family

I wonder if this is why he needed his "alone" time on Christmas and had to leave his family that night, and it had nothing to do with Haleigh.

Interesting......I just listened to the video and when Holly B asked the detectives if drugs were found in the trailer the night Haleigh "diappeared", she got a no comment

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »

I just got done reading all the things that were said on Levi's show last night, extremely interesting, but not surprising to me. Liked the comments that Pat Brown made 

Yes it was very interesting and I agree about Pat Brown's comments, I have always been interested in what the criminal profilers have stated in this case, Pat along with Clint Van Zandt, and they echo my sentiments from the very beginning.

Lets' just pray these arrest bring a resolution to finding out what happened to HaLeigh and give Jr a chance to get away from the whacked out fmaily full of druggies, enabler etc., otherwise I was afraid he would turn out just like them. Poor babies an angelic monkey

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.