March 29, 2024, 04:07:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jayme Sue Austin, 31, 11/9/09 Coquille, Oregon (BODY FOUND/BIL Charged)  (Read 16026 times)
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« on: November 11, 2009, 04:08:44 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/coos_county_authorities_lookin.html

Coos County authorities looking for 31-year-old woman who went missing Monday
By Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian
November 10, 2009

Coos County authorities are looking for a 31-year-old Coquille woman who disappeared from her mother's home sometime Monday morning.

Jayme Sue Austin, of Fairview Road, was reported missing by her family about 2:30 p.m. Austin had gone to her mother's home several doors down Monday morning to take a shower but never showed up for work.

After looking through Austin's house and her mother's home, sheriff's deputies called for the county's major crime team.

Coos County District Attorney R. Paul Frasier declined to say what authorities found at the homes but he said they view Austin's disappearance as suspicious.

Frasier said neither house had signs of a forced entry. He would not say whether they found Austin's pocketbook or her car keys. Her car was found parked in her mother's driveway.

When Austin didn't show up for work at a satellite sales outfit, her employers called Austin's mother. Her mother returned home, driving the route her daughter would have taken to work to make sure her car hadn't broken down. Cindy Grisholt, her mother, searched the house and didn't find any sign of her daughter. She called police that afternoon.

Frasier said Austin's boyfriend is at work on the Bering Sea. He said she is typically punctual for work. He said her relatives said Austin had a drug problem but has been clean for four or five years.

"Everybody is saying, based on her current condition, this is totally out of character," he said.

By nightfall, some 30 people -- including the Coos County Search and Rescue Team, police officers and friends and family of the missing woman -- had fanned out to search the area around the Grisholt home. North Bend's dive team searched nearby water. The U.S. Coast Guard flew over the area.

But no evidence of Austin was found, Frasier's office reported.

Anyone with information about Austin's whereabouts is urged to contact 541-396-3121, ext. 371 or 372.
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:11:27 AM »

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2009/11/11/news/doc4af9af01eaa2c661486043.txt

Police search for woman
From Staff Reports
Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Coos County Search and Rescue Team is looking for a 31-year-old Coquille woman who went missing Monday under suspicious circumstances.

Jayme Austin called her mother, Cindy Gisholt, who was at work Monday morning and told her she didn’t have any water at her home, 59288 Fairview Road.

She asked to go to her mother’s place to take a shower before going to work in Coos Bay. At noon, Gisholt got a call from Austin’s employer, who said Austin never showed up for work. Gisholt went home and found her daughter’s car parked outside her residence, 59376 Fairview Road, but Austin was not there, nor at her home down the road.

Deputies responded and activated the Coos County Major Crime Team. Officers and crime lab workers inspected both Gisholt’s and Austin’s homes, and spoke with neighbors.

Austin is described as Caucasian, 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 135 to 150 pounds.

Anyone with information about Austin can call the Coos County Sheriff’s Office at 396-3121, ext. 371, or Coos County dispatchers at 396-2106.
Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 02:01:04 AM »

I found Jayme's myspace and its not private...she posted this (as her status) on Oct. 17th...coincidence???

Jaymegurlhates life & just wishes he would fall off the face of the earth will he is in alaska that way I can have a life that is not always filled with f*** ups & freak Mood:wishes him dead! 
Posted at 4:13 PM Oct 17

and this was a comment by a friend and jayme about her mood on Oct 21st:

Mood: Just Wishes!!!

Jaymegurl Posted at 7:36 PM Oct 21
for a new life.
(: O N E L U C K Y L A D Y Smile Posted at 1:22 PM Oct 21
"just wishes" what are you wishing????
2 comments total show more hide all show

This is the most recent status update by Jayme on Nov. 7th
Jaymegurlis going to wait for life to pass and then get pissed when im old and then ask why.
Posted at 6:34 PM Nov 7

Mood: just wishes! 

I'm really wondering what happened to her...maybe she ran away because she seems very troubled/sad/depressed from what I'm reading on her MS--here is the link: http://www.myspace.com/jaymesue78

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »

Nancy Grace covered this tonight. Will get the tranny in here tomorrow am.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:03:29 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/12/ng.01.html

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Jayme always punctual to work. She called her job to tell them she`d be running a few minutes late because she couldn`t get water at her house. She called her mother just a few doors down and asked to use her shower but Jayme never made it to work and is never heard from again.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: As the frantic search for missing mom Jayme Sue Austin continues, new inside details emerged about the bathroom where Jayme is believed to have taken a shower. Mom Cindy Gisholt tells "The Oregonian" that bathroom was soaking wet and someone had vacuumed.

CINDY GISHOLT, MOTHER OF MISSING WOMAN, JAYME SUE AUSTIN: Someone had taken a shower. The carpet was wet. Clear out to my counter, you know, the counter on the other side of the room. It was quite wet, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Jayme`s prized puka shell necklace, found not on the counter but broken and inside the canister of a vacuum. What happened?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I suspect something`s up. I don`t know. Is this too unusual for her?

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Investigators continue to question scores of witnesses as the search by air, land, and water continues.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: I`m going to go to our reporters in just a moment but first Jayme`s mother. Jayme Sue Austin, age 31. A beautiful mother of two. Her mom is with us. This girl literally vanishes out of the shower.

With us tonight, special guest, the mother, Jayme Sue`s mother, Miss Cindy Gisholt.

Miss Gisholt, thank you for being with us. It`s my understanding, after you and I spoke last night, your daughter calls you earlier in the morning. She never misses work. OK? She`s a satellite TV sales lady. Says my water is on the blink. Can I come down the street and take a shower at your place?

You go, sure. And you`re already gone. Then her place of business calls you around noon and says where is she? Then you go looking for her. You know something`s wrong. And then you get a phone call. You`re out looking up and down roadways that her car is parked at your house.

What are police telling you that you can share with us? I know you`ve been extremely tight-lipped and I understand, but what can you share with us, anything?

GISHOLT: You know I really don`t have anything to update today that I didn`t let you guys know about yesterday. Everyone`s still out searching. You know your show has been tremendous to get the word out. You know the newspapers, word of mouth, friends and family. Just getting the word out that she`s missing. We`ve got posters -- you know.

GRACE: Well, I just don`t understand it, Miss Gisholt. I mean what time did you leave home that morning?

GISHOLT: 7:00.

GRACE: So you leave the home 7:00. What time did she call you?

GISHOLT: You know I think it was probably around -- it was between 8:00 and 8:30. You know maybe 8:15.

GRACE: OK.

GISHOLT: I`m not positive.

GRACE: Now at her job, did she go door-to-door? Did she serve people that came into the office? Did she make cold calls on the phone? What was the nature of her business?

GISHOLT: No, she was strictly inside sales.

GRACE: OK. So she dealt with sales there in the office. All right, I`m just trying to think. So she went to work typically at what time, Miss Gisholt?

GISHOLT: You know, I -- she worked different hours at different times, days of the week. But normally I think 9:00 to 6:00.

GRACE: OK. So she calls you. Wakes up. Her water`s not working. She calls you. You were there at 7:00. Everything was fine. She was alive and well, 8:00 to 8:30. Coming to your place. And then all of a sudden by noon she`s gone.

I want to go to Stacey Newman. Stacey, Miss Gisholt, understandably, is not sharing everything that she knows from police. But Stacey, what have you learned from your sources? What have we learned about clues inside the home, Stacey?

STACEY NEWMAN, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, we told you last night about -- that there were signs of a struggle in that bathroom. That obviously was wet. Now here`s what we`re hearing now.

GRACE: What do you mean? No, no, nobody told me obviously wet. Don`t just jump ahead. What do you mean "obviously wet"?

NEWMAN: Well, we reported last night that the shower had been used.

GRACE: Right, that`s not the bathroom. You said the bathroom is wet.

NEWMAN: The carpet was also soaked as well.

GRACE: Wait. Put Newman back up there. So you`re telling me the carpet is wet. That tells me that the water came out of the shower for I don`t even know how long. Because if the carpet is still wet at 12:00 noon, that`s not just her stepping out of the shower wet from the shower, all right?

That is the water coming down on the carpet which she would not have done at her mother`s bathroom. What else, Stacey? The carpet`s wet.

NEWMAN: The carpet`s wet. Also a throw rug was folded on the counter. We also have learned as well the bathroom was completely vacuumed. And in the vacuum canister, Jayme`s favorite shell necklace. Alarming clues, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, her necklace, why do you say it was her favorite necklace?

NEWMAN: Well, this was a necklace that she wore so many times and even when it would fall apart. This is a puka shell necklace.

GRACE: Right, the little white shells?

NEWMAN: Correct. Even if when it would fall apart she would ask her mom to restring it. That`s how much she loved this necklace. Why was it in pieces on the floor at some point it had been vacuumed. That is also an alarming clue, Nancy.

GRACE: OK, this is what`s disturbing me, Marc Klaas, right now in addition to everything. Marc Klaas, president and founder of KlassKids Foundation. His expertise is missing people. Marc?

KLAAS: Yes.

GRACE: Whoever vacuumed up that sopping wet carpet in the bathroom felt there was no rush. They had plenty of time to vacuum, to clean up, to fold up the rug and put it away.

Now we know she, the victim, would not have vacuumed up her own necklace. She would not have done that. She would have put it back together like she did every other time.

So the perpetrator obviously felt that he had time to clean up after himself. He was in no danger of anybody coming home. Now who would know that, Marc Klaas? Who would know that?

KLAAS: Well, somebody who`s familiar with the routines of the home, is somebody who would know that. First I would like to tell Cindy to stay strong because she is going to be Jayme`s strongest advocate throughout this and she needs to continue to take care of herself so that she can see this thing through to the end.

I am really kind of stuck on this scenario that was built out last night about the stalker. That somebody was so obsessed with this young lady that he would go in multiple times and change the settings on her social networking accounts and that this was something that really concerned her because this kind of obsession can become very dangerous and it can become very deadly.

I really believe that probably the least likely scenario, because it`s such a remote location, would be the out-of-town stranger. Again, this is one that is probably very close to home. And if they can`t find her in the immediate area, perhaps they`re able to pick up a tire print and follow that to wherever she may end up -- may end up being.

GRACE: To the lawyer, John Burris, Paul Batista. It seems to me it should be an easy thing, John Burris, to go back and backtrack to find out who is calling her.

JOHN BURRIS, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: You would think so. I`m like Marc though. I think this is someone who knew her, knew her routine. Had some real interest in her. You can`t go to some one house and help clean it up and vacuum and all that unless you really know something.

GRACE: But remember, here`s a tiny, a tiny crease in that. This wasn`t her home and doesn`t know her routine.

BURRIS: I know but he knew something.

GRACE: She didn`t go and take a shower at her mother`s house every morning?

BURRIS: But he knew something about her.

GRACE: Right. OK.

BURRIS: And that`s what I`m really saying so this is someone.

GRACE: What about it, Batista?

PAUL BATISTA, DEFENSE ATTORNEY, AUTHOR OF "DEATH`S WITNESS": Clearly it`s someone she knew, someone close to home. Someone who would even her mother`s habits.

BURRIS: Yes.

BATISTA: They were living in the same community.

BURRIS: Yes.

BATISTA: Marc is absolutely right on this issue.

GRACE: Bethany? I think I`ve got Bethany Marshall with me.

(CROSSTALK)

MARSHALL: Can you hear me now?

GRACE: Yes.

MARSHALL: Stalkers stalk complete strangers sometimes. Somebody they`ve seen in a store, they`ve seen in the grocery store, and they developed an obsessive fixation on them. The MO of stalking is to go after the victim to undo the perceived rejection. He was going into her Facebook account. She locked him out. She changed her cell phone.

That could be the moment of rejection. So what does he do? He changes the mode of stalking and he starts surveilling her home. He knows her comings and goings. And when she goes to her mother`s house she is in a vulnerable position and he strikes.

GRACE: To Cindy Gisholt, this is Jayme Sue Austin`s mother. Miss Gisholt, when this guy -- we think it`s a guy, right -- would call her and call her and call, does she have any, even a suggestion, as to who it was?

GISHOLT: No. No. You know, when --how serious it is, you know, I hear you people talking, but to her it was like, gees, I have a stalker. You know? She didn`t take it seriously. You know, it was.

GRACE: I would have taken it serious when somebody hacked into my e- mail account for the second time.

GISHOLT: Well, that`s when she did -- that`s when she did start taking it serious. And.

GRACE: To Lori.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: To Lori Tobias with "The Oregonian." Lori, what more can you tell us?

LORI TOBIAS, STAFF WRITER, THE OREGONIAN, COVERING STORY (via phone): I think I have reported pretty much everything that I have uncovered in today`s story, the necklace, the folded towels, the wet carpet, one cell phone, the cell phone left behind. She left her dog and her cat locked in her bedroom. Had the cell phone with her.

Cindy has told me she tried to call the cell phone as I reported today in "The Oregonian." It goes right to voicemail which tells Cindy that it`s turned off. I know they`re continuing to search and they`re searching Burnt Mountain which I believe is 50 miles west of Fairview and I`m wondering what they know that led them to.

GRACE: Lori, did you say Burnt Mountain? Did you say Burnt Mountain?

TOBIAS: Yes.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Stunning details emerge in the search for missing mother of two Jayme Sue Austin. Jayme`s mom reveals many potential clues left behind in her bathroom including a wet rug and freshly vacuumed floor. The throw rug folded on the counter. Investigators expanding their search trying to find Jayme in the crucial 72-hour time window.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Back to Stacey Newman, our producer on the story. Stacey, do we have any idea who police have questioned?

NEWMAN: We don`t have specific names, but I know they are zeroing in on people that are close to her. One other quick fact I want to tell you is, the car in the driveway was found with the window down. There were car keys on the floor as well, Nancy, so again, something must have terribly gone wrong.

GRACE: Another question, about her boyfriend. Have we confirmed that he is in fact overseas right now with his job?

NEWMAN: Well, that is what we`re hearing. Cops are not coming out and completely confirming that, but that`s what we`re hearing. We`re also hearing that he has been confirmed to be in Alaska.

GRACE: Miss Gisholt, that`s correct, right?

GISHOLT: Actually, he`s a commercial fisherman in the Bering Sea.

GRACE: So the answer would be yes. He is overseas with his job?

GISHOLT: And I confirmed it with his employer.

GRACE: You know, Marc Klaas, that has got to be somebody that knows her very well and followed her that morning. This is not just somebody that was hanging around the mom`s house and this is a random act.

KLAAS: And she`s a grown woman. I find it very difficult to understand how this character could have attacked her in the bathroom as it seems happened and then get her outside without a huge struggle ensuing. It`s very difficult to control an individual that doesn`t want to be controlled. Particularly an adult individual.

GRACE: Everyone, tip line, 541-396-3121, extension 371.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 02:35:35 PM »

http://www.kval.com/news/local/69990937.html

Body of missing Coquille woman found, brother-in-law charged with murder

Story Published: Nov 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM PST
By Associated Press 

COQUILLE, Ore. (AP) - Coos County searchers believe they have found the body of a missing Coquille woman.

District Attorney R. Paul Frasier said a grave site was found Thursday night, and investigators believe the body of Jayme Austin is buried there, a short distance off Middle Creek Road. The scene will be processed Friday.

Austin's brother-in-law, Patrick Lee Horath, was arrested Thursday night on a murder charge, Frasier said.

He said Austin's family was notified of the grave site and arrest. Frasier and Sheriff Andy Jackson have scheduled a 1:30 p.m. Friday news conference in Coquille at the Owen Building.

Austin was reported missing Monday. Her mother, Cindy Gisholt, contacted police after her daughter's boss at Oregon Satellite in Coos Bay called to say she never arrived for work.

Austin had called her boss to say she would be late because she had well troubles and planned to shower at her mom's house, two doors away on a rural road.

Horath lives between Austin's home and Gisholt's home.

Since Monday, more than two dozen searchers scoured mountainsides, river bottoms and the dense woodlands for any trace of the 31-year-old mother of two. The North Bend Dive team examined a river and a pond, and a U.S. Coast Guard helicopter flew over the area.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 03:03:23 PM »

Wth? the brother in law?
wonder what the motive was? double tragedy and heartache for this family...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »

The Coos County District Attorney’s Office plans to arraign the brother-in-law of Jayme Austin on Monday in the Fairview woman’s murder.

At daybreak today investigators planned to dig up a grave believed to contain the body of the 31-year-old Fairview woman, a Coos County District Attorney’s Office press release said.

Officers located a gravesite a short distance from Middle Creek Road at about 10:30 p.m. Thursday, but it was too dark to properly investigate, said Coos County District Attorney R. Paul Frasier in the 1 a.m. press release today. The area is several miles west of Fairview.

Earlier that evening, law enforcement officers arrested Patrick Lee Horath, 45, of Fairview. He has been charged with murder and remained at the county jail on $1.5 million bail this morning, a jail spokeswoman said. Horath lived in a home between Austin’s and her mother, Cindy Gisholt on Fairview Road.

Aside from a traffic ticket in 1995, Horath has no criminal history in Coos County, a circuit court spokeswoman said. He was divorced in 1996.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Pat Downing said he isn’t sure who found the grave or how investigators discovered it. Police have closed a section of the road to traffic to allow investigators to examine the gravesite. The exact location has not been released.

Until the grave is processed, Frasier said neither he nor Sheriff Andy Jackson will release details on the investigation. They will hold a press conference at 1:30 p.m. at the Owen Building at the Coos County Annex in Coquille, the press release said.
http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2009/11/13/news/doc4afd9f0dcd3ab558771474.txt

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 04:03:11 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/jaymesue78

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »

She has 2 children

From NG's show:
Jayme's BF is on a boat in the Bering Sea fishing, her Mom said on NG she confirmed that with people on the boat.

The father of the 12 y/o lives in Coos Bay and has custody.
The father of the 4 y/o wasn't mentioned, but the child lives with Jayme's mom.

The father of the little girl is Jayme's current boyfriend. Jayme doesn't have custody of either girl.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4423534

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/13/unlikely-suspect-in-jayme-austin-murder/

Posted: 04:40 PM ET November 13th, 2009

Police uncovered their suspect in Jayme Austin’s disappearance closer to home than anyone would have expected. Last night Patrick Horath – Austin’s brother-in-law of almost 14 years – was arrested and charged with her murder.

Yesterday Horath was brought into the Sheriff’s office at about 8:30am, by 6pm “he had more or less confessed” to killing the 31-year-old mother of two, according to his wife Alyssa Horath, also the sister of Jayme Austin.

“I’m numb. I’m angry,” said Horath, but she is trying to stay strong for her 13 and 10 year old children.

Details released yesterday indicate signs of a struggle and clean up in the bathroom where Jayme would have been taking a shower. A favorite puka shell necklace had been broken and the pieces found inside the vacuum canister. The throw rug was folded on the counter and towels were still tumbling in the dryer.

According to Horath there were no signs that pointed to this arrest. There were no problems in their marriage and no recent issues that Patrick Horath had with Austin. Why Horath was allegedly at his mother-in-law’s house that morning is still unclear. “He doesn’t work on Mondays, Mondays are his days off. When I had left for work he was sound asleep in bed. I left at 7:30,” said Horath.

“On that first day he was helping with the search too.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »

COD - Manual Strangulation
Coos County DA: 31-year-old was strangled
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:00 pm

The Coos County district attorney says autopsy results show that a 31-year-old woman found in a shallow grave last week had been strangled by a pair of hands.

Jayme Austin's body was discovered Thursday night in a mountainous area 17 miles from her home. Her brother-in-law, Patrick Horath, is scheduled to be arraigned Monday on murder charges.

Horath, 45, had helped with search efforts after Austin was reported missing last week. Within hours of his arrest, authorities found the shallow grave.
http://www.gazettetimes.com/news/state-and-regional/article_9d03d2c8-cb99-53f9-89fd-1a5de7a7d1c2.html?print=1

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.