March 28, 2024, 04:50:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadaver Dogs Search for Bodies in Bates City Child Sex Inv- MOHLER father/sons  (Read 29425 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »

Poor girl but how brave she is for coming forward.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »

I have read through everything and I am trying to figure out a timeline and possible victims... ?? They are looking for bodies.....there could be dozens. The main perp is 77. He didn't just start doing this 'yesterday' Rolling Eyes

i see the monkeys have found the same stuff i have, articles, court docs, ect
has anyone found what they did for a living, im hoping it wasnt some job/s state
to state, geezze some of them  may have lived in other states.

i dont think i have ever heard of a pedophile sex offender, pervert, family affair b4
the profilers,and psych people, will be studying this for decades

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 11:13:47 PM »

I have read through everything and I am trying to figure out a timeline and possible victims... ?? They are looking for bodies.....there could be dozens. The main perp is 77. He didn't just start doing this 'yesterday' Rolling Eyes

has anyone found what they did for a living, im hoping it wasnt some job/s state

i dont think i have ever heard of a pedophile sex offender, pervert, family affair b4

Bolded by me**

LEXINGTON, Mo. – Authorities on Wednesday searched a rural property in western Missouri for bodies and buried glass jars containing notes written more than 15 years ago by children who may have documented sexual abuse by five members of their own family.

Lafayette County Sheriff Kerrick Alumbaugh pleaded for the public's help, saying investigators "believe that there are other victims out there, and we believe people in the public can give us more information."

Alumbaugh said authorities believe there may be bodies buried on the property once owned by two of the five family members arrested Tuesday. He refused to say to whom any of the bodies would have belonged. The property and a nearby home is currently owned by a man unrelated to the case who is cooperating with authorities.

Three of the five men arrested are lay ministers in the Community of Christ church whose licenses have been suspended, church spokeswoman Linda L. Booth said.

The five are charged with several felonies, including forcible sodomy, rape with a child younger than 12 and use of a child in a sexual performance. The allegations, which include bestiality, forcing children into fake marriages with relatives and making an 11-year-old have an abortion, date from 1988 to 1995.

Cpl. Bill Lowe of the Missouri State Highway Patrol said a 26-year-old woman came forward to investigators in mid-August with the allegations. A probable cause statement released by the Lafayette County prosecutor's office says five other siblings of the woman have accused all five men of abuse, but it's unclear whether all the siblings were claiming to be victims.

Lowe said the woman told investigators that she and her siblings had buried glass jars around the property that were filled with messages "about what was happening to them" when they were younger. The woman said she had "suppressed many of the memories of abuse perpetrated on her" and her siblings, according to the probable cause statement.

Sgt. Collin Stosberg of the highway patrol said the adults told the children to write down their bad memories.

"That was what they were told. Write these memories down, put them in a jar and bury it and the memories would go away," Stosberg said. "It was a way for them to cope."

The probable cause statement identifies the relationship between the siblings and the suspects. The Associated Press, however, is not revealing that relationship to avoid identifying the alleged victims of sexual assault.

The woman who came forward also claimed some of the men forced her to have sex with a dog and to watch as her brother was abused.

"She became pregnant and was made to have an abortion at age 11 1/2. She doesn't remember any sexual abuse after that date," the probable cause statement said.

The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department, the Rural Missouri Major Case Squad and the Highway Patrol were investigating, with the help of the Western Missouri Cyber Crimes Task Force.

A small excavator could be seen Wednesday moving across the property outside Bates City, which is about 30 miles east of Kansas City. Two ambulances were parked nearby, and crews were searching a creek with metal detectors.

"There has been an indication that there are body or bodies in numerous locations," Alumbaugh said.

The search was halted at sunset and was to resume in the morning.

The suspects were identified as Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., 77, of Independence, and his sons, Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53, also of Independence; Jared Leroy Mohler, 48, of Columbia; Roland Neil Mohler, 47, of Bates City; and David A. Mohler, 52, of Lamoni, Iowa.

All five were being held in the Lafayette County jail on cash bonds ranging from $30,000 to $75,000. It was not immediately clear if they had attorneys.

Police in Columbia seized a computer and discs from Jared Mohler's home on Tuesday, police spokeswoman Jessie Haden said. Jared Mohler is a database administrator at Carfax, a company that provides vehicle history reports to prospective buyers, a co-worker said. He was arrested at work.

David Mohler, who has worked for Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa, for 27 years, was arrested on its Independence campus.

Details on the arrests of the other three suspects were not immediately available.

University President John Sellars said David Mohler periodically traveled to Independence to work on Graceland's phone systems there. He described David Mohler as "a very nice person who got along well with his colleagues."

Sellars said David Mohler and his wife have grown children, but he did not know their ages or where they lived.

Deborah Burris, who has lived across the street from Burrell Mohler Sr. for several years, described the suspect as a friendly, helpful neighbor.

Burris said she occasionally saw Burrell Mohler Sr. walking around the neighborhood but he had appeared frail lately. She said Mohler's house has an apartment, and there had been "quite a bit of activity there at different times."

"I had thought maybe someone was moving in or out of there," Burris said.

Booth, the church spokeswoman, said none of the Mohlers served in leadership roles in the congregations they attended "nor did they serve as volunteer youth workers, teach children or youth church school, or work with children or youth."

"The church takes seriously the allegations that have been made and suspended the priesthood licenses of three lay ministers: Burrell Mohler Sr., David Mohler and Jared Mohler," the church said in a statement.

Booth said one of the men, whom she refused to identify, had been registered to work with children but that license has been terminated.

The Community of Christ, headquartered in Independence, split from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1860 and was known as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints until 2001. It has about 250,000 members worldwide.

___

Associated Press writers Maria Sudekum Fisher in Kansas City, Mo., and Alan Scher Zagier in Columbia, Mo., contributed to this report.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091112/ap_on_re_us/us_family_sex_crimes

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »

Snipped from original article on KMBC

Also found this:

"Roland Mohler is a paramedic in Saline County Ambulance District No. 3 in Marshall, Mo. He was arrested Tuesday while on duty, KMBC reported"

And this:

A woman named Shawna, who married Burrell Mohler Jr. four months ago, told KMBC's Jim Flink that she didn't believe the charges were true, but they were the result of a long-running feud with an ex-wife

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21591098/detail.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 12:04:57 AM »

Three of the five men arrested are lay ministers in the Community of Christ church whose licenses have been suspended, church spokeswoman Linda L. Booth said.

snipped
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/11/5-men-from-same-family-ch_n_354100.html

Oh gosh...Why does this not surprise me.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 12:10:37 AM »

Actually I read a story just a few weeks ago on this site about a lovely family of 3. The father and son raped and killed a young boy as the wife/mother masterbated as she watched. Sick twisted people in this world, let me tell you. That was a new one for me, never quite heard anything like that one.
This story I have the feeling is going to be big. No telling how many victims and if it is true about the bodies, how many they will find. I doubt it stopped in the 90's they just moved on to other victims.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 08:34:18 AM »

cartfly thanks for the job histories
i see no mention of a mother/s, at the time this was happening
hope their not one of the bodies, their looking for

I am leaving the post as is ... I believe it is important for people to know what goes on in the world/NEIGHBORHOODS around them.

that mind your own business attitude, and what we call,a civilized attitude,
and lack of more stringent laws, helps keep this crap hidden, jmo

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:50 AM »

IMO, if true, these slugs are evil, sick, twisted, POS, backstards who deserve a public hanging following a stoning and all of that after I've left the room with them.  I gotta go to work with a nauseated stomach now.

I will follow this just to see the convictions!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »

cartfly thanks for the job histories
i see no mention of a mother/s, at the time this was happening
hope their not one of the bodies, their looking for

I am leaving the post as is ... I believe it is important for people to know what goes on in the world/NEIGHBORHOODS around them.

that mind your own business attitude, and what we call,a civilized attitude,
and lack of more stringent laws, helps keep this crap hidden, jmo

From an earlier post on page one by me:

Burrell Edward Mohler Sr. was, according to online family documents, married with Alice Elefson until she died in December 1991. Alice and Mohler had at least four children; Eddie, David, Jared and Roland. Burrell Edward Mohler Sr. later married a new wife on October 10, 1992.

Not sure if Sr is still married but it appears 2nd wife was around during these allegations. I read somewhere Sr. lived with a disabled daughter or granddaughter. Also Burrell Jr had protection orders on him from former wife. Which makes a whole lot of sense since it is his children who are making the allegations against all of these POS. The records are on the Missouri court site from an earlier post but there is little info. I did not see alot on these men on that site accept petition for child support, dissolution of marriage etc. Hope this helps. It is incredibly brave of these kids to come forward knowing how painful it will be to relive those memories and be subject to humiliation. I have nothing but respect for them and pray they have the strength to endure the past and find hope and peace. an angelic monkey

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »

Missouri Property Searched After Claims of Horrific Sex Abuse, Murder
Authorities: Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., Four Sons Brutally Abused Children for Years
By SARAH NETTER
Nov. 12, 2009 
8 comments Font Size   PrintRSSE-mailShare this story with friendsFacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUponMore
Investigators are digging up a rural Missouri property looking for notes they say six children buried in glass jars documenting years of nightmarish sexual abuse allegedly at the hands of their grandfather, father and three uncles.

Police in Lafayette County, Mo., have arrested five members of the same family after investigating the claims of now-grown children who say they were brutally abused by the men: Clockwise from left are Jared Leroy Mohler, 48, of Columbia, Mo., David A. Mohler, 52, of Lamoni, Iowa, Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., 77, of Independence, Mo., Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53, also of Independence, Mo. and Roland Neil Mohler, 47, of Bates City, Mo.,
(Lafayette County Sheriff's Department/AP Photo)The children reportedly wrote the notes between 1988 and 1995 because they claim they were told doing so would make their memories go away, police said.

Police who are excavating the 55 acre property said they are also looking for bodies, although they would not say whether they were looking for bodies of adults or children.

The five men, three of whom were lay ministers with the Community of Christ church, have been arrested and appeared in court today to hear the charges against them, including forcible sodomy, rape with a child younger than 12 and use of a child in a sexual performance. They were shackled at their wrists, waists and ankles.

The men did not enter pleas and did not appear to have legal representation

Edward Mohler Sr., 77, the grandfather of the five girls and one boy - now all adults - faces the worst of the charges that include forcible rape of a child under the age of 12, two counts of felony rape and two counts of use of a child in a sexual performance.

His son and the father of the five children, Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53, was charged with forcible rape of a child under the age of 14 and two counts of use of a child in a sexual performance.

Also charged with sexual abuse were the children's three uncles -- David Mohler, 52, Jared Mohler, 48, and Roland Mohler, 47.

"Obviously, it's disturbing," Missouri State Highway Patrol Corporal Bill Lowe told ABCNews.com today. "But anytime you are dealing with children, it is that way with us."

Lowe said a 26-year-old woman came to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Department in August claiming that she had been raped and was forced into an abortion before her 12th birthday.

According to a probable cause statement filed with the Lafayette County prosecutor's office, the woman also told investigators that her grandfather, father and two uncles forced a series of sexual abuses on the children ranging from sodomy to bestiality.

The documents also describe fake marriages between the girls and their uncles in which the alleged victim "and her sisters would pick flowers to adorn their hair. They also wore special dresses."

The "weddings" were consumated in a trailer parked in the yard or the chicken coop, according to the probable cause filing.

"She remembers her grandfather putting a blanket over the glass door and saying, 'You all have fun,'" the document states.

(Google Earth)Police Digging for Bodies, Jars of Evidence
Since the woman first came to police in August, all six children have approached authorities and alleged abuse by all five men, according to the probable cause statements. The children, Lowe said, are now scattered across the United States.

Lowe said jars of notes could potentilly be damning pieces of evidence against the men if authorities can find them.

"The victims at the time were told if they write down these events that occured and put them in a glass jars and bury them, those bad memories would go away," Lowe said. Investigators are not sure where on the property the jars may be buried.

In addition, he said, "We've been given information that there could possibly be a body or bodies located on the property."

Lowe declined to comment on specifics with investigators conversations with the woman or her siblings, but said they had reason to believe authorities may find human bodies somewhere on the 55 acre property, which includes quite a bit of wooded land.

The search of the former Mohler property, "could take quite awhile, we're early on," Lowe said. "We're in for the long haul."

To aid in the search for the possible jars and bodies, investigators have brought in ground penetrating devices, cadaver dogs and a front loader.

Authorities have been looking back at missing persons reports from the years that the Mohler's lived on the property and are asking anyone who knows someone that disappeared in that area to come forward.

Police are also asking for the public's help in identifying more people who may potentially be victims. The family, Lowe said, does not have a history with police. "They weren't known to anybody out here," he said.

A woman named Shawna, Burrell Mohler Jr.'s wife of four months, told ABC's Kansas City affiliate KMBC that she believed the charges were untrue and the result of a longstanding fued with an ex-wife.

According to the police department's probable cause statement, Burrell Mohler Sr. purchased the property in 1974 and sold it to his son Mohler Jr. in 1995. Lowe said the property has since changed hands again and is now occupied by a different family.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/police-search-missouri-house-claims-horrific-abuse-murder/Story?id=9065174&page=2

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »

My God, why?     

Unbelievable.  I am speechless.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 06:59:02 PM »

Honestly, if we do not get a grip on all of this, we, as a country and a people are doomed.  I just want to cover my ears and scream.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 11:13:10 PM »

Honestly, if we do not get a grip on all of this, we, as a country and a people are doomed.  I just want to cover my ears and scream.

I completely agree with you. I feel your frustration too and sometimes I just want to go off to live in a cave somewhere....it is just so heart breaking.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 03:50:01 AM »

****6th  ARREST MADE****

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/13/missouri.child.sexual.abuse/index.html

Police: Sixth person arrested in Missouri child sex abuse case
November 13, 2009 2:00 a.m. EST

Independence, Missouri (CNN) --

A sixth person was arrested Thursday on suspicion of child sexual abuse in an investigation that led to the arrest of five members of a Missouri family, and authorities found additional victims in the case, police said.

Larry Kidd, 55, of Kansas City, Missouri, is an "associate" of the Mohler family of Lafayette County, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said. Five members of the family were arrested earlier in the week after six alleged victims, who are relatives of the five initial suspects, came forward.

As a result of a news conference held Wednesday, the highway patrol said, "further information has been developed that has resulted in the identification of additional victims in the case."

Kidd faces charges of rape of a child of less than 14 years old, police said. He was arrested without incident in Jackson County, Missouri, and was being transported to the Lafayette County Jail on Thursday night.

Arrested Tuesday were Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., 77, and his sons Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53; David A. Mohler, 52; Jared Leroy Mohler, 48; and Roland Neil Mohler, 47. All five are being held in the Lafayette County Jail with bails ranging from $30,000 to $75,000.

The employer of one of the suspects said, "Everybody is still in shock ... disbelief," as news of the arrests spread through communities where several of the suspects live in western Missouri.

"He was a good medic," Corbin Allred said of Roland Mohler, who has been employed at the Saline County Ambulance District No. 3 since 2006. Mohler has been suspended, Allred said, and further action will be taken at the next board meeting.
"Can't believe he's been here this whole time," Allred said.

The six alleged victims -- all now adults -- came to law enforcement authorities with stories of sexual performances, mock weddings, rape with various objects and a forced abortion during their childhoods, according to court documents obtained by CNN affiliate KSHB in Kansas City. CNN does not identify alleged sexual assault victims.

Investigators on Wednesday were searching the property that once belonged to one of the brothers for "a body or bodies," Lafayette County Sheriff Kerrick Alumbaugh said. The search continued Thursday and will resume Friday, police said.

Alumbaugh said Wednesday he was seeking more witnesses and believed there are more victims.
"I believe that there is, and I believe every investigator here, after seeing the evidence, believes there's more victims," Alumbaugh said. "Pedophiles don't stop at one."

The alleged abuse took place from the mid-1980s until 1995 and possibly beyond, the sheriff said. The court documents provide graphic details of the alleged abuse, provided by one of the alleged victims. All of the charges stem from those documents, Alumbaugh said, adding that he expected additional charges based on other victim statements.

Burrell Mohler Sr., David Mohler and Jared Mohler are lay ministers in the Community of Christ, the Independence, Missouri-based organization said in a statement.

"Leaders and members of the Community of Christ in the greater Kansas City area are prayerfully upholding those families that are touched by the recent arrests of five members of the Mohler family," the statement said.

Lay ministers are volunteers who do not receive compensation, and none of the three served in leadership roles or worked with children, the organization said.
"We have a very strict code of ethics when it comes to the safety of our youth," said the organization's spokeswoman, Linda Booth.

Burrell Mohler Sr. did go through the group's registered youth worker program, but "his youth worker registration has been terminated and we understand he had no contact with children or youth in church programs," the statement said.

Some lay ministers might help take care of the church, Booth said, while others might speak at services.
"Immediately, I went to the rolls and had their priesthoods suspended because that's what we do in the Community of Christ when there's any word of something like this. We suspend their priesthoods," Booth said, referring to a church designation for male members.
"If this goes to trial and they are convicted, then they will be what we call silenced, and they can no longer represent the church in any way," Booth said.
The Community of Christ is an offshoot of the modern-day Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It split off from the Mormon church in the 1800s, and in 2000 changed its name to Community of Christ from the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

"I personally feel grief for these families, all the families that are involved in this," Booth said. "I feel concern for the congregations." She said she is also "concerned about the greater church, the Community of Christ who represents nations and communities based in love and peace and joy."
Roland Mohler was arrested at work on Tuesday, Allred said. "The highway patrol pulled him aside and put cuffs on him. We were really trying to find out what was going on. They wouldn't tell us." He said he found out by watching the news.

"You eat, you sleep, you do everything with people for 48 hours," said Mohler's partner, Sharon Roscher. "Oh my gosh, it's just a shock."
When Mohler was arrested, "He was outside talking to troopers and the next thing we know, he's being cuffed and taken away," Roscher said. "And it was utter chaos. But we run off adrenaline and handle emergencies pretty well. But no, we were totally shocked."
"He was likable," she said of Mohler. "He was a dependable medic, friendly, and he'd show up when he was supposed to work, did his on-calls. He did his duty."

Alumbaugh said investigators were also searching several properties for glass jars that some of the victims may have buried containing notes detailing the alleged abuse. Investigators are following other leads as well, the sheriff said.

"There has been indications there are a body or bodies in various locations," Alumbaugh said.
Investigators have been working the case since August, he said, when the first of Mohler Jr.'s now-grown children came forward.

CNN's Sara Weisfeldt contributed to this report.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 12:10:24 AM »

6th relative charged in Mo. child sex abuse case, & 7th ARREST

By HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH, Associated Press Writer Heather Hollingsworth, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 2 mins ago

LEXINGTON, Mo. – A man who had called child sex abuse allegations against his brother and four nephews "repulsive" was charged Friday with raping two children, and Missouri authorities said they expected more charges against the family in the case.

Darrel Wayne Mohler, 72, of Silver Springs, Fla., was charged in Lafayette County, Mo., with two counts of forcible rape stemming from 1986, according to court documents. He was in custody Friday night at the Marion County Jail in Ocala, Fla., according to Kim Krause with the jail's classifications division.

Earlier Friday evening, Lafayette County Sheriff Kerrick Alumbaugh had urged Mohler to turn himself in "so I can talk to him."

Five other members of the Mohler family were charged earlier this week with several felonies, including forcible sodomy, rape with a child younger than 12 and use of a child in a sexual performance.

When asked to comment on the case Thursday before he was charged, Darrel W. Mohler told The Associated Press from his Florida home that he found the reports of child abuse "unspeakable."

"I can't think of words that would put this in perspective. I find it repulsive if it's true," he said.

Mohler said he was a disabled veteran suffering from various ailments, including lung disease. He did not return phone calls to his home seeking comment on the charges Friday before his arrest.

The other men charged in the case are Darrel W. Mohler's brother, Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., 77, of Independence and his four adult sons: Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53, of Independence; Jared Leroy Mohler, 48, of Columbia; Roland Neil Mohler, 47, of Bates City; and David A. Mohler, 52, of Lamoni, Iowa.

The probable cause statement against Darrel W. Mohler accuses him of raping two children between the ages of 5 and 9 at an abandoned house in Bates City. The statement alleges that after Mohler left the children, Burrell Mohler Sr. came to the room and warned them to "be careful because waterbeds were known to pop and they might drown in their sleep."

Darrel W. Mohler said Thursday that he never had been close to his older brother Burrell and was "appalled by the allegations." He said he has a 16-year-old granddaughter "and that'd be like me messing with her, and the thought is repulsive. I'm glad I don't have that gene, God darn."

On Thursday, police also arrested a man they identified as an "associate" of the Mohler family and possible suspect, but did not charge him. He has been released. (see above article post)

The original complaint in the case includes allegations — of bestiality, forcing children into fake marriages with relatives and making an 11-year-old have an abortion — that date from 1988 to 1995. The Associated Press is not revealing details that could identify victims of sexual abuse.

The men have not entered pleas and did not have lawyers listed with the court clerk's office. The five Mohler men from Missouri have been held on cash bonds ranging from $30,000 to $75,000. Their next court hearing is Tuesday.

Alumbaugh also said Friday that a search on a 55-acre property formerly owned by family members was completed and that he expected additional charges against the suspects.

Alumbaugh had said earlier that investigators were focusing on the property outside Bates City, about 30 miles east of Kansas City, because there was "an indication that there are body or bodies in numerous locations." He did not elaborate.

Investigators also said they were searching for glass jars buried on the property and containing notes, written by children, about the alleged abuse. Adults allegedly told children to write down bad memories and bury them there and "the memories would go away," said Sgt. Collin Stosberg, spokesman for the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

Neither Alumbaugh nor Stosberg would not comment about any evidence that may have been found in the search.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091114/ap_on_re_us/us_family_sex_crimes

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 12:42:43 AM »

6th Relative

Another Mohler family member charged in child-abuse case

By DONALD BRADLEY
The Kansas City Star

Darrel Mohler
On Thursday, the brother of the alleged ringleader of a bizarre child sex ring said he found the alleged acts of his relatives — if true — unspeakable and repulsive.

On Friday, he found himself charged in the same case.

Darrel Wayne Mohler, 72, was arrested Friday night at his home in Silver Springs, Fla. He faces two counts of rape in a Lafayette County investigation that already has seen multiple charges against his brother and four nephews.

Authorities say the six men carried out a torrent of sex abuse against young relatives, including sodomy, bestiality and making girls as young as 5 put on “special dresses” and take part in mock weddings with grown men.

This latest charge was based on the allegations of a second woman, apparently the older sister of the woman who first came forward in August with her accusations of decades-old abuses that led to the earlier arrests.

Meanwhile, a Kansas City man arrested Thursday night, based on a TIPS hotline call, was released from the Lafayette County Jail. Lafayette County Sheriff Kerrick Alumbaugh did not go into detail about why the man, unrelated to the Mohlers, was arrested but said he was cooperating with the investigation.

Bond for the latest Mohler charged was set at $40,000 cash.

Marion County, Fla., authorities went to Mohler’s home about 7 p.m. Kansas City time on Friday, but he was not home.

“As our deputies were about to leave, he pulled up,” said Judge Cochran, public information officer for the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

Mohler was arrested without incident.

According to Cochran, Mohler said he was aware of the Lafayette County case but had not been to Missouri since the 1980s.

Darrel Mohler is the brother of Burrell Mohler Sr., 77, who is already in custody. Much of the alleged abuse took place at Burrell Mohler Sr.’s house near Bates City, Mo., victims told investigators.

Others charged in the case are Burrell Mohler Sr.’s four sons: Burrell Mohler Jr., 53, Jared Mohler, 48, Roland Mohler, 47, and David Mohler, 52, all arrested Tuesday with their father.

The investigation is expected to expand next week with more charges, authorities said at a Friday afternoon press conference in Lexington.

According to court documents filed Friday, a 29-year-old woman told investigators that when she was about 6, Burrell Mohler Sr. took her and two of her sisters to a house for a “sleepover.” She said the girls were in a bedroom when they heard whispering in the next room.

Darrel Mohler allegedly then came into the bedroom and raped her and one of her sisters.

The woman alleged that after Darrel Mohler left, Burrell Mohler Sr. entered the room, where the girls were crying. Better be careful, he allegedly told them — waterbeds were known to pop and they might drown in their sleep.

The case broke when another woman, 26, came forward in August. Other alleged victims have since supported her stories of mock weddings and sexual assaults.

Investigators spent two days on a farm south of Bates City digging for jars the victims reportedly buried that contained notes of their abuse. They wanted somebody to someday know what happened to them, authorities said.

The search at the farm ended Thursday. Alumbaugh declined to comment on any evidence found.

@ Go to KansasCity.com for more photos and a video.
The Star’s Elaine Adams contributed to this report. To reach Donald Bradley, call 816-234-4182 or send e-mail to dbradley@kcstar.com

Posted on Fri, Nov. 13, 2009 10:59 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/842/story/1568708.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »

I think I am going to puke....

Anyone want to place bets on how long these freaks will STAY in jail IF convicted??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »

I think I am going to puke....

Anyone want to place bets on how long these freaks will STAY in jail IF convicted??

As Blink woud say, "hell to the no!"
This is going to be a messy, hateful, long trial.  I am praying LE uncovers those jars withe the notes.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »

Mohler Jr.'s daughters: Dad made them kidnap, kill man
 Nov. 17 2009 @ 11:55AM

The daughters of Burrell Mohler Jr. told authorities that their father made them kidnap and kill a man, KCTV 5 reports. The TV station cites a warrant alleging that Mohler Jr. and his daughters stalked a 300-pound man from Independence Center to his home and then lured him into a trap and took him away to Mohler Jr.'s father's farm in Bates City.

According to KCTV 5, one of the girls claimed she stabbed the man in the back and her father stabbed him in the front, killing him. Then she claims that she and her sisters dug a grave and buried the man's body.

Here's a snip:

A document with the search warrant said that investigators found a glass fragment, an unknown type of bone, a credit card, eye glasses, a shoe or boot sole and a broken glass jar during digging done on the property on Nov. 10.
KCTV 5 also reports that the big dig on the Mohler family's old farm near Bates City was an effort to find the remains of a baby buried in the basement of the home. KCTV 5 says an alleged victim came forward, claiming the Mohlers locked her in a basement, raped her and buried the body of her infant child in the basement.

When authorities searched the property, they used radar in the basement, which showed a box-shaped object buried under the basement floor.

Additional charges have been filed against the Mohler men.

Burrell Edward Mohler Sr. is now accused of forcible sodomy, sexual abuse, three counts of forcible rape and three counts of using a child in a sexual performance.

Here's the breakdown of the new charges against Mohler Sr.'s sons:

Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53,of Independence: forcible rape and forcible sodomy.

David Mohler, 52, of Lamoni, Iowa: forcible rape
Jared Leroy Mohler, 48, of Columbia: two counts of forcible rape.
Roland Mohler, 47, of Bates City: forcible rape and forcible sodomy.
The latest charges, brought by a now 29-year-old woman identified only by the initials E.M.S., include allegations that:

Jared Mohler had sexual intercourse with her at Burrell Mohler Sr.'s farm in 1985.

Burrell Mohler Sr. had sex with her in an abandoned house in Bates City between 1986 and 1987. Around the same time, Darrel Mohler allegedly vaginally penetrated E.M.S. and one of her sisters. Another sister, A.J.A., corroborated the story. (Darrel Mohler was charged with two counts of rape over the weekend).

Burrell Mohler Jr. took E.M.S. and her sister A.J.A. to Senior's farm where he had sexual intercourse with both, claiming he was Burrell Mohler Jr.'s "bad twin."

In 1987, Burrell Mohler Sr. took her on a tractor ride and became sexually aroused while she was seated on his lap. He allegedly rubbed against her and ejaculated.

Jared Mohler allegedly held E.M.S. on his lap, rocking back and forth, at a house next to Burrell Mohler Sr.'s. Burrell Mohler Sr. noticed and said, "That's my boy." When he Burrell Mohler Sr. left, Jared Mohler vaginally penetrated E.M.S.

Burrell Mohler Sr. made E.M.S and her three of her sisters take off their pants and have sexual contact with each other while he watched. Then Burrell Mohler Sr. allegedly penetrated E.M.S. This was in 1987.

In 1988, David Mohler took her to the chicken coop where he kissed her playfully. He then made her pull down her pants and underwear as well as his. Mohler allegedly laid on top of her on a blanket and vaginally penetrated her with his penis. Next, Mohler allegedly told E.M.S. to get her sister.
Burrell Mohler Sr. made her and her sisters lay on their stomachs in order of age. E.M.S. claims her Mohler Sr. used a wood spatula to penetrate her anus. E.M.S. believes she was 8-years-old at the time.

Burrell Mohler Sr. made E.M.S. and her sisters lay on a bed with their wrists bound. The girls were then penetrated vaginally and anally by three men believed to be Burrell Sr., Burrell Jr. and Roland Mohler.

The Mohler men are scheduled to appear in court today.
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11/mohler_family_update.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »

This is making me physically sick.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.