April 19, 2024, 07:28:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED COOKIE HELP!  (Read 5864 times)
lexie
Scared Monkey

« on: December 17, 2006, 01:15:15 AM »

I am making ginger spice cookies for holiday happys... they are not iced, but I would like to put some red/green holly sprinkles to make them look more like Christmas.  Once the cookies are baked, the sprinkles fall off. They melt if I bake them on.  

Is there anything I can brush on the baked cookies to make the sprinkles stick??  

Thanks for any suggestions!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:07:45 AM »

Our daisy gal, nonesuche, may have some suggestions. Otherwise, I'm clueless. I barely know how to set the oven temp!  Very Happy

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:31:01 AM »

justins I'm not sure I have a solution either but there is a glaze you could try. since these are ginger cookies you could use either dark or light corn syrup, thin it with water about half to half - then brush it over the area you wish sprinkles to be on and sprinkle. I guarantee you they will stick, but you will have to allow it to dry well or it will make all of your cookies stick together. We use that to help the fondant stick to our cookies.

I continue to stand with the girl.
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 06:09:15 PM »

NONE!!  

Thanks so much!!  It worked very well.  My 6 yr old grandson wanted to help.... and the red and green did not look very neat for gift cookies.  We ended up cutting them all in star shapes and putting white sugar crystals on them.  I think they will work well.

I have already made 14 dozen monster cookies (with peanut butter, oatmeal, choc chips and M & Ms).  I have dough for another 10 dozen butter crisp cookies in the fridge.   I still have dipped pretzel rods, fudge and homemade millionaires to make.  Lots of life stuff getting in the way of cooking this year...

Anyway. You saved my ginger spice cookies!  Thanks again, I will remember this trick for future sugar cookies also!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »

Quote from: "lexie"
NONE!!  

Thanks so much!!  It worked very well.  My 6 yr old grandson wanted to help.... and the red and green did not look very neat for gift cookies.  We ended up cutting them all in star shapes and putting white sugar crystals on them.  I think they will work well.

I have already made 14 dozen monster cookies (with peanut butter, oatmeal, choc chips and M & Ms).  I have dough for another 10 dozen butter crisp cookies in the fridge.   I still have dipped pretzel rods, fudge and homemade millionaires to make.  Lots of life stuff getting in the way of cooking this year...

Anyway. You saved my ginger spice cookies!  Thanks again, I will remember this trick for future sugar cookies also!

I'll be right over to help you eat those 14 dozen Monster Cookies... They are so FAB and SO FATTENING!!!  Yum Yum
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
NONE!!  

I'll be right over to help you eat those 14 dozen Monster Cookies... They are so FAB and SO FATTENING!!!  Yum Yum

Not if I get there first, Bean! Remember, I recently quit smoking and everything is so much YUMMIER!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 02:22:18 AM »

NONE!!  

Hey we'll be adding chocolate sugar cookies and mini choco chip ones post the xmas holiday !!  Very Happy

lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 11:27:24 PM »

NONE!!  

HA HA... You will have to fight the first graders!  This recipe makes 12-14 dozen, depending on how large you make them.  We do them every Christmas for gift trays, last minute gifts, etc.  They ARE very good.  This year, instead of plain choc chips, I used a bag of those Hershey "kissable" candies.  They are milk choc chips with candy coating like M & Ms.  The Christmas version have red, white and green candies... Just adds a little more color.

The first grade will LOVE them.... And they deserve them.  Today was their music program, and they played the Dance of Sugarplum Fairies on instruments!  I was impressed, (or, as my grandson says, imFRessed!) Most of them still have difficult operating scissors and glue bottles... But they really did well with the Nutcracker Suite!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 08:10:02 AM »

HA HA... You will have to fight the first graders!  This recipe makes 12-14 dozen, depending on how large you make them.  We do them every Christmas for gift trays, last minute gifts, etc.  They ARE very good.  This year, instead of plain choc chips, I used a bag of those Hershey "kissable" candies.  They are milk choc chips with candy coating like M & Ms.  The Christmas version have red, white and green candies... Just adds a little more color.

The first grade will LOVE them.... And they deserve them.  Today was their music program, and they played the Dance of Sugarplum Fairies on instruments!  I was impressed, (or, as my grandson says, imFRessed!) Most of them still have difficult operating scissors and glue bottles... But they really did well with the Nutcracker Suite!

Oh darn... much as I'd love to snatch them away... I can't bear the thought of being caught shoving a 6 yr old to the ground for a Monster Cookie.   Laughing How awesome.  Children are so wonderful to watch at this time of year.... Enjoy!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 08:27:03 AM »

Bean !  Laughing  Laughing would you shove someone for a monster cookie?  Laughing

lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 10:14:38 PM »

Oh darn... much as I'd love to snatch them away... I can't bear the thought of being caught shoving a 6 yr old to the ground for a Monster Cookie.   Laughing How awesome.  Children are so wonderful to watch at this time of year.... Enjoy!

They were a BIG hit at the lst grade party today.  I will be glad to share the recipe with you...  One batch makes 12-14 DOZEN cookies!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »

lexie great cookie recipes are always in demand !!!

a few new samples for the spring line  Wink

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 02:17:33 PM »

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Bean !  Laughing  Laughing would you shove someone for a monster cookie?  Laughing

I wouldn't DO it, but I'd THINK about it.   Laughing
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.