March 29, 2024, 03:54:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H1N1 Faux Crisis? Healthcare addiction? Cult? Profiteering?  (Read 1720 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 14, 2009, 09:19:47 AM »

I was in the car the other day and heard a story about stolen H1N1 vaccine.  Someone stole two vials, and it was estimated they cost $3,000.  Each vial contains 10 doses, making each dose cost $300 or $150.

There were 10 doses of the vaccine in each vial, at a value of about $3,000. The vaccine was intended for health care workers and was kept in an unlocked refrigerator.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_wa_swine_flu_vaccine_stolen.html

Another story I found puts the cost at $2,000, or maybe $100 or $200 per dose.

Who’s making money on this vaccine?  I can’t imagine the Chinese vaccinating their population for H1N1 at $300 or even $100 a dose.
I did a little research.

50 million doses at $300 each would cost $15 billion dollars.  50 million doses at $20 would cost just $1 billion dollars.  Where is the money coming from?

How many doses did Obama order?  How many did he give away? 

“H1N1 Vaccine To Cost Countries $2.50 - $20 Per Dose”
The H1N1 (swine) flu vaccine will cost countries between $2.50 and $20 per dose, based on their ability to pay, according to the director of the Initiative for Vaccine Research at the WHO, Marie-Paule Kieny, Agence France-Presse/Khaleej Times reports. During an interview published in the September issue of the WHO Bulletin, Kieny "also warned that there would not be enough vaccines for the world's population and that people should not rely entirely on the vaccine," the news service writes (9/2).
"Kieny stressed that it was neither possible nor necessary to vaccinate every person against the H1N1 flu, which has killed some pregnant women and people with other diseases such as diabetes but caused manageable flu symptoms in most patients," Reuters writes. "We should not be 'hypnotized' by vaccines," Kieny said. There are other measures, such as social distancing, school closure, avoidance of large gatherings, antibiotics and personal hygiene," she said, adding, "This is not like rabies, which is 100 percent fatal. We are talking about a disease from which most people recover very well" (MacInnis, 9/2).
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/162998.php
The US is the globes largest debtor nation.  We ran out of money and hope a long time ago.  At just $2.50 a dose, 50 million doses would cost just $125 million dollars.

Who’s profiting at the expense of Americans?  Where are the billions really going?  Why does this look like a blank check from taxpayers, and windfall profits for some drug company?  Maybe it’s not the drug company, but some middleman?

Are Americans addicted to healthcare?  Maybe this a is a new religion, a cult of healthcare spending?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »

Doctor's and the medical community have done wonders for health humans.

When did healthcare become a wealth draining industry? 

In the olden days, people need protection from hospital costs.  Medicare was originally for hospital expenses. 

When did healthcare become such a daily focus? 

Millions of humans have lived and died without access to universal medical care.  Without access to vaccines, physical therapy, and debt.

I think medical care is a good thing, but the  cult-like devotion to spending more and more on treatments that may or may not work, have not been tested for long term safety, have known and unknown consequences and side effects, seems to be irrational.

When will sanity return?  No one live forever.  Yet, every day there is a new pill or vaccine advertised to save humanity from some kind of cancer or death.

Has anyone avoided death?  Anyone live forever?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.