April 26, 2024, 03:54:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jashon Williams, 17 mos, MSG 11/13/09 Oakland, CA (Mom slain)(BODY FOUND)  (Read 7065 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« on: November 14, 2009, 11:18:47 PM »

a missing baby, Jashon Williams
where could this baby be
i just dont get it, he murdered the mother, in a park with other people about

Jashon Williams was last known to be with his mother, Zoelina Williams, 23, of Oakland, who was found beaten and fatally shot at about 4 a.m. Friday in the park, police said. A suspect in the slaying, convicted child-killer Curtis Martin III, 38, of Oakland, remained in jail today.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/14/MNEP1AKHB6.DTL

video
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7118861

got him
http://fugitive.com/archives/14771
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575105,00.html

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:43:43 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:41:18 PM »

im sorry i forgot his pic
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2009/11/14/MNEP1AKHB6.DTL&object=%2Fc%2Fpictures%2F2009%2F11%2F14%2Fmn-missing15_PH0_0500843709.jpg

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06:42 AM »

more info
pics of park
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/1VZ1ZXFydtkPTpvBPlQ66Q?select=wZzxLqnXLzfoYUybRmAQEA
map
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS322US322&q=Berkeley+Aquatic+Park&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Aquatic+Park,+Berkeley,+CA&gl=us&ei=non_Ss7MONT4nAfpm52LCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=6&ved=0CBsQ8gEwBQ

flyer

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »

Police searching for murdered mom's baby
Saturday, November 14, 2009

BERKELEY, CA (KGO) -- A search is going on in the East Bay for a missing 17-month-old boy. Investigators believe Jashon Williams was with his mother when she was murdered this week. Now, the boy is nowhere to be found.

Police searched for about 12 hours Saturday hoping to find some sign of the little boy. Every second counts when a young life is at stake. Dive teams, search and rescue, Berkeley police and Alameda County sheriff's deputies are scouring every inch of the park for Jashon.

"With a missing person at risk, of physical risk, a 17-month-old obviously can't take care of themselves," said Lt. Andrew Greenwood with the Berkeley Police Department, "Time is completely of the essence."

The search started before sun rise, only after detectives got a call from Zoelina William's family. She was found murdered in the southern most part of Aquatic Park Friday morning. A few hours later, police arrested Curtis Martin III. It is believed Jashon was with his mother when she was killed.

"The longer it goes on and we're still searching, and it's been over 24 hours, the less likely that we're going to find him alive," said Officer Jeff Thomason with the Oakland Polcie Department. "We have searched the suspect's house. We have searched the mother's house. During those searches throughout the night, and still has not turned up the baby.

That is why the focus was once again at Aquatic Park.
"We know there's a baby that's missing and we know the mother was here," said Dive Team Chief Dave McMurdie. "And, it's most likely in this body of water or that body of water."

Dive teams searched both the lagoon and estuary for hours. Visibility was very poor. There was no sign of the baby. Later, search and rescue launched a boat to check the shoreline while others walked the waters perimeter. They are looking for signs, clues, anything that will lead them to Jashon.

According to the Oakland Tribune, the suspect has a violent history. He was convicted 15 years ago for killing his girlfriend's 3-year-old son.
In the meantime, police say they will not go back the park to search unless they have reason to.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7118861

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »

COMMENT AT THE ABOVE LINK >>>>>>>>>>>>
1 comments
Post A Comment 1   ellisjp   11/15/09 9:59 AM EST 

I find it incomprehensible that this man only served 11 years for beating a toddler to death. Now, another person has lost their life to him and lord only knows the fate of this child. More and more, the justice system seems to be putting us all at risk. What's it going to take to take monsters off the street and keep them off?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 03:51:54 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My own comment ..... (Nut44x4)
The killing will never cease and the release of killers will never cease either. It is a disgrace.

My Justice System would be:
Kill once ... receive DEATH (execution within 1 year of conviction) or if you must, LIFE W/O the possibility of parole...EVER! PERIOD!!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 04:19:07 PM »

This child is so beautiful, his eyes are stunning. I pray they find him alive and well but I am not optomistic. Poor baby...
We saw this on the news last night. I didn't read through the thread yet. The man arrested is a real piece of work. My husband and I looked up his prior conviction on line, amazing he was even out of prison. I think it was 6 years for killing a 3 year old? it was a manslauter charge to boot.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »

COMMENT AT THE ABOVE LINK >>>>>>>>>>>>
1 comments
Post A Comment 1   ellisjp   11/15/09 9:59 AM EST 

I find it incomprehensible that this man only served 11 years for beating a toddler to death. Now, another person has lost their life to him and lord only knows the fate of this child. More and more, the justice system seems to be putting us all at risk. What's it going to take to take monsters off the street and keep them off?

Nut becaus of time served, awaiting trial I suppose, he only did 6 years. Unbelievable!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »

Dead Child Found In Berkeley

Berkeley police may have found the body of 17-month old Jashon Williams whose mother was murdered in Aquatic Park last week. Divers stopped their searching of the lake Saturday afternoon, and they have confirmed a body has been found. They have not identified the body yet. A suspect in Zoelina's murder has been arrested. A report says he served 6 years in prison for killing a girlfriend's 3 year-old son in 1994.
http://www.kgoam810.com/Article.asp?id=1589087&spid=15884

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 04:46:53 PM »

Dead Child Found In Berkeley

Berkeley police may have found the body of 17-month old Jashon Williams whose mother was murdered in Aquatic Park last week. Divers stopped their searching of the lake Saturday afternoon, and they have confirmed a body has been found. They have not identified the body yet. A suspect in Zoelina's murder has been arrested. A report says he served 6 years in prison for killing a girlfriend's 3 year-old son in 1994.
http://www.kgoam810.com/Article.asp?id=1589087&spid=15884

I was hoping and praying but this is the outcome I expected. This poor little boy, he was precious, just so adorable. My prayers go out to the family. They had the uncle on the news and he was so upset. He kept saying over and over again, "just give us back our baby". One thing is forsure, this child was loved very much. 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »

What a beast!!!   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 05:31:35 PM »

Child's body found near Berkeley Marina

Sunday, November 15, 2009
(11-15) 13:25 PST BERKELEY -- A child's body was found today near the Berkeley Marina, not far from where police officers had been searching for Jashon Williams, a missing 17-month-old boy whose mother was found killed in nearby Aquatic Park, authorities said.

The body was found by two kayakers shortly before 11 a.m., said Berkeley police Lt. Andrew Greenwood. He said the body was floating about 50 to 100 feet from the shoreline on the south side of the marina.
"All I can tell you is the body is that of a child," Greenwood said. He said water flowed between Aquatic Park and the marina.

Firefighters retrieved the body from the water this afternoon. Berkeley homicide investigators and an Alameda County coroner's van were on the scene.

The coroner will be responsible for identifying the body and determining the cause of death, Greenwood said, adding that police were treating the discovery as a "found body" and had not classified the case as a homicide 

The discovery was made on a brisk Sunday morning in an area popular with joggers, dog-walkers and boat enthusiasts. The Cal Sailing Club was in the water nearby.

On Saturday, divers and search dogs had scoured Aquatic Park for signs of Jashon Williams, the 17-month-old son of Zoelina Williams, 23, of Oakland.

Zoelina Williams was found beaten and fatally shot about 4 a.m. Friday in the park, police said. A suspect in the slaying, Curtis Martin III, 38, of Oakland, remained in jail today.

Relatives of Williams said they had not seen Jashon since Halloween and that they believed the little boy had been with Martin, a convicted child-killer who has served time in connection with robbery, burglary and weapons charges.

Martin pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter and was sentenced to 11 years in prison for the 1994 fatal beating of 3-year-old Devin Brewer of Oakland, the son of his then-girlfriend.

Last year, Martin was arrested but not prosecuted in a domestic-violence case.

Toney said that he believed his sister and the suspect "had been seeing each other," and that Martin is not Jashon's father.

Martin was arrested shortly after 1 p.m. Friday near his home at 24th and Chestnut streets in West Oakland by Officer Keith Dodds, police said.

Martin's van was seized, and he is to appear in Alameda County Superior Court on Tuesday pending the filing of formal charges.

Martin became the prime suspect because he had been stopped by a Berkeley police officer who found him on foot in Aquatic Park, just east of Interstate 80, authorities said.

Martin was warned that the park was closed, and just 10 minutes later the same officer found Williams' body, police said.

Her body was on the shoreline north of the traffic circle at the corner of Bolivar Drive and Potter Street. She had been beaten and shot in the head and buttocks, police said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/15/BASG1AKSF0.DTL

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »

so sad!!! why was this idiot out of jail!!! grrrrrr!!!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 08:34:09 AM »

......because our Injustice system is just that!

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »

Makes me think of the fate of Hasanni Campbell.
As this has happened no more then 5 miles from where Hassani goes missing.

Some eople are turning into animals.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 03:36:47 PM »

Anyways ..Both mom and child have been found dead..
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »

weird twists in this tragedy, secret romance,some of martins family didnt know he
had been jailed for killing a 3yr old, and the body still unidentified

photos at link
http://**/ci_13801975?source=most_viewed

Child's body found in Berkeley Marina remains unidentified
By Sean Maher and Kristin Bender
The Oakland Tribune
Posted: 11/16/2009 04:16:32 PM PST
Updated: 11/17/2009 07:32:33 AM PST

The suspected remains of 17-month-old Jashon Williams found Sunday at the Berkeley Marina remained unidentified by the Alameda County coroner's office Monday.

It is not known how long the child's body had been in the water or when or how he died.

Police began searching for Jashon after relatives notified police that he had not been seen since Oct. 31. The boy's mother, West Oakland resident Zoelina Williams, 23, was found beaten and shot to death before dawn Friday in a parking lot at Aquatic Park, about a mile from the marina.

Oakland police said they believe Jashon was with his mother when she died. Several of Williams' family members, however, said she had not been caring for the baby since the night of Oct. 31.

"There was mold in the house she was living in," said Williams' cousin Brandan Dixon. "So she got the baby out of the house so it wouldn't get sick."

Relatives said the baby had gone to stay with a relative of Curtis Martin, possibly in Vallejo. Martin, 38, was arrested Friday on suspicion of killing Williams. Police were able to track him down because a Berkeley police officer had stopped him in Aquatic Park shortly before the officer discovered Williams' body.

The officer had taken down his name and at least a partial license plate on his van before letting him go. The officer then discovered the body and the rifle that authorities say was used to kill the woman. Martin was arrested on a west Oakland street about nine hours later.

The Berkeley Police Department has not given the case to the Alameda County district attorney for review and charging, said Assistant District Attorney Tom Rogers, who expects to have the case today.

Martin is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon in Alameda County Superior Court. He has declined to be interviewed, said Berkeley police Lt. Andrew Greenwood. He remains in custody on a no-bail hold.

Martin and Williams had been in a secret romantic relationship before she was killed, several relatives said Monday. Many of those relatives said they were horrified to learn Martin had a violent criminal past, including a no-contest plea deal for voluntary manslaughter for the 1994 beating death of 3-year-old Devin Brewer, of Oakland, the son of his girlfriend at the time. Martin was sentenced to 11 years in prison, given credit for time served and released in 2000.

Martin's mother, Charlotte Martin, said Monday that she hadn't been able to speak to her son since he was arrested.

"He's not a monster," Martin said of her son. "People are going to feel what they feel, and I can understand that. I just want them to remember nothing is ever the way it appears. Our family loves children. We're protective of children."

The woman said she is struggling with what to do next.

"I don't know any attorneys. I need to get somebody who can talk to him because I'm baffled," she said. "Everything is just up in the air. I want to know what happened."

Reach Sean Maher at smaher@bayareanewsgroup.com and Kristin Bender at kbender@bayareanewsgroup.com.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »

sorry forgot the weirdest, part of the story

Police began searching for Jashon after relatives notified police that he had not been seen since Oct. 31. this was b4 the mother was murdered, was killed

Zoelina Williams, 23, of Oakland, who was found beaten and fatally shot about 4 a.m. Friday in the park, police said. A suspect in the slaying, convicted child-killer Curtis Martin III, 38, of Oakland, remained in jail Saturday.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/14/MNEP1AKHB6.DTL

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »

Suspect wanted to silence mom, police believe
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A parolee from Oakland was charged today with two counts of murder and special circumstances for allegedly killing his girlfriend and her 17-month-old son and dumping them along the Berkeley shoreline.

Authorities, confirming for the first time that the body of a child found in the bay Sunday was that of Zoelina Williams' son, theorize that Curtis Martin III murdered the boy first. Then he killed Williams to keep her from revealing what he had done, police believe.

Martin, 38, who was convicted of beating a 3-year-old boy to death in 1994, made a brief appearance this afternoon in Alameda County Superior Court in Oakland. He did not speak as Judge Robert McGuiness read the criminal complaint aloud.

Relatives of the victims wept as McGuiness told Martin that besides being accused of murdering his girlfriend Williams, 23, of Oakland, he was charged with murdering her son, Jashon. Martin is also accused of enhancements for using a weapon and causing great bodily injury.

In addition, Martin was charged with two special circumstances, one alleging that he committed multiple murders and the other that he murdered Zoelina Williams because she was a "witness to a crime." Sources close to the investigation say police believe Martin killed Williams because she knew he had killed her son.

Martin did not enter a plea and was ordered to return to court Thursday. If convicted of murder and either of the special circumstances, Martin could face the death penalty. Prosecutors will decide later whether to seek lethal injection.

Martin is accused of fatally beating Zoelina Williams before dragging her body from his van to the shoreline at Berkeley's Aquatic Park early Friday. While wearing rubber gloves and protective booties over his shoes, Martin was surprised by Berkeley police Officer Darren Kacalek, according to sources and court documents.

Martin explained that "he had just been kicked out of the Berkeley Marina," on the other side of Interstate 80, authorities said in a court affidavit. Jashon's body was later found floating near the marina.

Kacalek checked Martin's identification, warned him the park was closed and sent him on his way, police said. But as Martin drove away in his van, the tires ran over what the officer thought was a stick. It turned out to be a rifle, and Kacalek then saw drag marks that led from the van to Williams' body, sources said.

Martin was arrested later Friday and is being held without bail. An autopsy concluded that Williams had died of blunt force trauma to the head and had also been shot in the stomach and the back of the head.

Kayakers found Jashon's body near the marina Sunday morning. The Alameda County coroner conducted an autopsy today but has not determined the cause of death.

Martin was convicted of manslaughter in 1994 for fatally beating 3-year-old Devin Brewer, the son of his then-girlfriend. Relatives of Devin joined members of Williams' family today in court.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/17/BAUE1AM076.DTL

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »

Oakland man charged with murder in death of his girlfriend and her son

Updated: 11/17/2009 04:48:00 PM PST
OAKLAND — Curtis Martin, the man accused of killing his girlfriend and dumping her body in a parking lot at Aquatic Park in Berkeley, was also charged Tuesday with killing her 17-month old son, making the violent felon eligible for the death penalty.

The charges revealed new details about the murder of Zoelina Williams, 23, and her 17-month-old boy Jashon Williams whose body was found in San Francisco Bay near the Berkeley Marina.

In addition to being charged with two murders, Martin was charged with two special circumstances: multiple murders and killing a witness to a crime. Therefore, it appears, authorities believe Martin killed the 17-month-old boy while Williams watched and then killed her.

Martin is also charged with several enhancements to the crime and with two prior felonies, a 1992 conviction of being in possession of an assault weapon and a 1994 conviction of voluntary manslaughter.

Together, the charges could result in Martin being sentenced to death or spending the rest of his life in jail without the possibility of parole should a jury find him guilty of the crimes.

"This is just terrible," a sobbing relative of Williams said outside of court.

Martin was arrested Friday after police found Williams' body in Aquatic Park in Berkeley. Police were able to track him down because an officer had stopped Martin in the park just before finding the body. The officer let Martin go because he did not suspect any wrongdoing but before doing so recorded Martin's name and a partial license plate number of the van Martin was driving.

With the announcement of Williams' death, family members quickly notified police that her baby boy was missing. Saturday morning, kayakers in the San Francisco Bay discovered a dead baby floating in the water near the Berkeley Marina.

The Alameda County Coroner's Office had said it had not identified the body as of Tuesday, but when Martin appeared in court later in the day, he was charged with killing the boy.

If found guilty of the crime it will be Martin's second conviction for killing a child.

In 1994, Martin pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the murder of Devin Brewer, the 3-year-old son of Martin's girlfriend at the time. Brewer was pronounced dead at Children's Hospital Oakland, suffering from trauma to the head, his family members said Tuesday.

Although Martin was charged with murder in the crime, he took a plea deal that resulted in him being sentenced to 11 years in prison. Martin, however, was released in six years after receiving credit for time served.

Brewer's family members appeared in court Tuesday, they said, to make sure Martin gets the most severe punishment available.

"We're going to deal with it this time," said Orlando Williams, 44, Brewer's uncle. "Obviously, this man has some kind of issues and he shouldn't be on the streets."

Law enforcement officials had a chance to take Martin off the streets last year after he violated a restraining order filed against him by another girlfriend.

According to court documents, the girlfriend claimed she was choked and had her ribs bruised during an altercation with Martin in December 2007. She was treated at Highland Hospital for her injuries, but gave police a false name for the man who allegedly beat her.

Without Martin's real name, police could not track him down or build a case against him for an arrest, the court documents show.

Eight months later, however, the same women told police that Martin had become abusive toward her and threatened her 13-year-old son saying if he "was of age, he would hurt him."

The threats convinced the 34-year-old woman to seek a restraining order in which she said Martin needed "mental help," the court documents show. That restraining order was granted.

But Martin violated the order days after it was filed telling the woman that he didn't "give a f--- about a restraining order," and he would "get a chopper and turn you into Swiss cheese."

Police arrested Martin for violating the restraining order but released him eight hours later. After being released from jail, Martin allegedly told an acquaintance. "You tell that bitch I'm out."

The Alameda County District Attorney's Office never filed charges against Martin.

It remains unclear why charges were not filed. Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley said Tuesday that her office is "looking into all aspects of the case."

horities said it was unclear, at the time, if the restraining order had been processed.

Martin is scheduled to appear in court again Thursday where he is set to enter a plea.

http://**/top-stories/ci_13808566

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.