March 19, 2024, 01:27:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711889 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1160 on: November 21, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »

Obituary

Published: 12:00 AM, Sat Nov 21, 2009
Shaniya N. Davis

FAYETTEVILLE - Miss Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, of 7935 Lester Drive, passed away Monday, Nov. 16, 2009.

Shaniya was a happy, loving and friendly little girl. She was a good little helper around the house. She loved to play dress up and do girly things like fixing hair and playing with her Barbie dolls. She loved playing outside and riding her scooter. Pink and yellow were her favorite colors. She was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School.

You came into our lives

for a little while.

You left footprints on

our hearts, and we will

never be the same!

She leaves behind to cherish her memories her father, Bradley W. Lockhart of Fayetteville; her mother, Antoinette Davis of Fayetteville; paternal grandparents, William and Stephanie Raynor of Lexington Park, Md.; maternal grandparents, Carl and Priscilla Summers; maternal great-grandmother, Sarah Davis; maternal great-great-grandmother, Hunter Blue; four brothers, Byron Coleman of Charlotte, Alijah Fogle of Titusville, Fla., Chavez Lockhart and Joe Davis, both of Fayetteville; two sisters, Michele Coleman of Michigan and Cheyenne Lockhart of Fayetteville; two aunts, Brenda Davis and Sara Davis; four great-aunts, Patricia Davis, Leona Davis, Caroline Davis and Yvonne Mitchell; six great-uncles, Mike Davis, Levon Davis, Derrick Davis, Sylvester Davis, Larry Mitchell and Arthur Cromartie of Fayetteville; her second family, Tyrongella Davis and the Turner family of Raeford. She had a host of other cousins and relatives.

The family will receive friends from 5 to 9 p.m. today, Nov. 21, 2009, at Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, 500 Ramsey St., Fayetteville.

Funeral services will be conducted at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22, 2009, at Manna Church with the Rev. Johnny C. Davis officiating. She will be laid to rest at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery.

Pallbearers will be Mike Owens, Joseph Santiago, Byron Coleman and Chavez Lockhart. Honorary pallbearers will be Steve Gilliam, Joe McGee, Tony Eason and her kindergarten class at Morganton Road Elementary School.

Memorial donations may be made to The Shaniya Davis Trust Fund, c/o Wachovia Bank, 4200 Morganton Road, Fayetteville, NC 28304.

Services entrusted to Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, of Fayetteville.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/21/954064

. . . Where is Aunt Carey Lockhart-Davis mentioned?! How very odd . . . especially given that she was her primary caretaker.

I agree.

Janet

++++++

Questions swirl after girl's body discovered
Police have mother in custody on sex-trafficking and abuse charges, but aren't detailing suspicions.
Posted: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2009

Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs ...

Last Tuesday, Lockhart rang his sister with bizarre news. A neighbor called him to say that police were looking for Shaniya.

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/1060102.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1161 on: November 21, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »

I sure hope that is a mistake and the obituary will be redone, with Carry's name on their as her aunt  I'm stunned.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1162 on: November 21, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »

I sure hope that is a mistake and the obituary will be redone, with Carry's name on their as her aunt  I'm stunned.
Good Morning NRCG....I bet aunt Carry is stunned also...I am stunned that AD was in the obituary..jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1163 on: November 21, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »

Has Sara Davis been mentioned before?  Perhaps Sara is actually Aunt Carey's first name?

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1164 on: November 21, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »

Good Morning NRCG....I bet aunt Carry is stunned also...I am stunned that AD was in the obituary..jmo
Good Morning,  OMG that woman helped take care of Shaniya, like a mother 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1165 on: November 21, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »

I found this, do we know how old Aunt Carey's kids are?

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/02/948717

Sara Davis, Fayetteville

Jeers to an elementary school for letting my 5-year-old sit in pain and tears because of a "no pick-up after 1:30 p.m." rule. By the time she got off the bus, it was closer to 3 p.m. and too late to get her in to her doctor, leaving us waiting for hours with an Emergency Department visit. I would think if a child is in severe pain, the parents would still be called no matter what to come pick the child up as soon as possible.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1166 on: November 21, 2009, 12:06:15 PM »

http://www.duniyalive.com/?p=75246
Shaniya Davis’ father appears on ‘Oprah Winfrey Show’
Posted on November 21st, 2009 in America
New York: Shaniya Davis’s father Bradley Lockhart appeared in the ‘Oprah infrey Show’ on Friday. Lockhart and his sister, Carey appeared in the interview.

Shaniya Davis was a 5-year-old girl, whose dead body was recovered from Fayetteville area. The girl went missing from a local hotel last week.

Shaniya’s dead body was located in an area bordered by Highway 87 south and Walker Road - just south of Sanford - during a second day of searching.

Meanwhile, Shaniya’s mother Antoinette Nicole Davis was charged with human trafficking, child abuse and prostitution. She has been arrested on several charges.

According to the reports, Nicole Davis is being questioned by the Fayetteville police in extensive way. According to the Fayetteville police, Shaniya was last seen with 29-year-old Mario McNeill, with whom she went out.

Who is Nicole Davis?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1167 on: November 21, 2009, 12:07:27 PM »

Good Morning,  OMG that woman helped take care of Shaniya, like a mother 

Why would the moms name be on there? That is crazy. I wonder like someone else said if Carry goes by another first name.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1168 on: November 21, 2009, 12:11:43 PM »

http://www.duniyalive.com/?p=75246
Shaniya Davis’ father appears on ‘Oprah Winfrey Show’
Posted on November 21st, 2009 in America
New York: Shaniya Davis’s father Bradley Lockhart appeared in the ‘Oprah infrey Show’ on Friday. Lockhart and his sister, Carey appeared in the interview.

Shaniya Davis was a 5-year-old girl, whose dead body was recovered from Fayetteville area. The girl went missing from a local hotel last week.

Shaniya’s dead body was located in an area bordered by Highway 87 south and Walker Road - just south of Sanford - during a second day of searching.

Meanwhile, Shaniya’s mother Antoinette Nicole Davis was charged with human trafficking, child abuse and prostitution. She has been arrested on several charges.

According to the reports, Nicole Davis is being questioned by the Fayetteville police in extensive way. According to the Fayetteville police, Shaniya was last seen with 29-year-old Mario McNeill, with whom she went out.

Who is Nicole Davis?

I meant to add, is this the mom or another person?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1169 on: November 21, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »

I believe that article is talking about the mom, they forgot, I guess to put in her first name, and just used Nicole Davis.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1170 on: November 21, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »

Anyone know who prepared the obit.?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1171 on: November 21, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »

No I haven't read anywhere who did.
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1172 on: November 21, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »

Obituary

Shaniya N. Davis

FAYETTEVILLE - Miss Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, of 7935 Lester Drive, passed away Monday, Nov. 16, 2009.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1173 on: November 21, 2009, 12:44:28 PM »

No I haven't read anywhere who did.

Thanks no rose.  Wonder if it was the Davis side of the family and Aunt Carey was left out unintentionally.
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1174 on: November 21, 2009, 12:57:03 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/20/953940

Published: 05:07 AM, Sat Nov 21, 2009
McNeil told he may get death penalty
By Nick Needham
Staff writer

Following Friday's hearing, McNeill was transferred to Central Prison in Raleigh for safekeeping until his next court date on Dec. 9.

If only HE would have afforded little Shaniya that same right! This makes me sick, sick, sick!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1175 on: November 21, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »

Obituary

Shaniya N. Davis

Posted: Today at 12:09 p.m.
Updated: 59 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Shaniya Nicole Davis was raped and killed the same day she was taken from her Fayetteville home, according to arrest warrants released Friday.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, of 2613 Pine Springs Drive, was charged late Thursday with first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child. He is scheduled to appear in court on the charges at 2:15 p.m. Friday.

Antoinette Nicole Davis reported her 5-year-old daughter missing from their Fayetteville home on Nov. 10. The girl's body was found in a patch of kudzu off a rural road near the Lee-Harnett County line six days later.

Arrest warrants state Shaniya was assaulted and killed on Nov. 10.

She died of asphyxiation, according to preliminary autopsy results.

Her funeral is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday at Manna Church, 517 Cliffdale Road in Fayetteville.

McNeill has been held in isolation at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a first-degree kidnapping charge since his initial arrest a week ago. He surrendered to police after the release of hotel security video from a Comfort Suites in Sanford that appears to show him carrying Shaniya on the morning of her disappearance.

In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel.

Davis, 25, was arrested Saturday and charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse–prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing a police investigation. Arrest warrants state that Davis "did knowingly provide Shaniya with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya."

Police haven't said whether Davis could face additional charges or whether anyone else could be arrested in the case.

McNeill was taken off probation on Oct. 28 – six months early – following an April 28 conviction for drug possession, speeding to elude arrest and assaulting a government official. Officials said he had complied with all requirements while under supervision, and a judge agreed with a recommendation that he be released early from probation.

He also was convicted in 2003 for a triple shooting and in 2007 for another drug offense.

Fayetteville police said the investigation of Shaniya's death has taken an emotional toll on all who have been involved in the case.

"It's still emotional. It's one of those things (that's been) the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and I've seen a lot of stuff," Capt. Mark Bridgeman said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6464217/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1176 on: November 21, 2009, 01:05:52 PM »

Has Sara Davis been mentioned before?  Perhaps Sara is actually Aunt Carey's first name?

Maybe this is her??

http://www.myspace.com/459038165
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1177 on: November 21, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

I think Sarah Davis is Antoinette's 16 year old youngest sister.

I am worried that Antoinette's family will be given the body for burial, due to the fact of Brad never legally
being named the father.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1178 on: November 21, 2009, 01:54:30 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys !!!!!!!!!!!

I was shocked that Aunt Carey was mentioned also.  After some digging I think she is mentioned but only in a subtle way.  Here is what I found

her second family, Tyrongella Davis and the Turner family of Raeford. She had a host of other cousins and relatives.

Lockhart, Carey Georg
Possible Aka's:
DAVIS, CAREY G
DAVSI, CAREY
 38  Irvine, CA
Oceanside, CA
Santa Ana, CA
Kaneohe, HI
California, MD
Lexington Park, MD
Camp Lejeune, NC
Fayetteville, NC
Beaufort, SC
 Available  Davis, Rodney Earl  <---------------- see below his connection to a Turner
Davis, Kevin Lee
Lockhart, Bradley Wayne
Lockhart, Vickie S
--------------------
Davis, Rodney D

Possible Aka's:
DAVIS, RODDY
DAVIS, RODNEY E
 53  Longwood, FL
Orlando, FL
Fayetteville, NC
Raeford, NC
 Available  Turnerdavis, Marie W    <---------------- maybe this is the Turners mentioned in the orbit
Davis, Rodney E
Davis, Rodney 

Maybe this is the family connection but I don't know why they wouldn't have just named Aunt Carey as we all have seen how much she loved Shaniya!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1179 on: November 21, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »

Shaniya N. Davis

FAYETTEVILLE - Miss Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, of 7935 Lester Drive, passed away Monday, Nov. 16, 2009. Shaniya was a happy, loving and friendly little girl. She was a good little helper around the house. She loved to play dress up and do girly things like fixing hair and playing with her Barbie dolls. She loved playing outside and riding her scooter. Pink and yellow were her favorite colors. She was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School. You came into our lives for a little while. You left footprints on our hearts, and we will never be the same! She leaves behind to cherish her memories her father, Bradley W. Lockhart of Fayetteville; her mother, Antoinette Davis of Fayetteville; paternal grandparents, William and Stephanie Raynor of Lexington Park, Md.; maternal grandparents, Carl and Priscilla Summers; maternal great-grandmother, Sarah Davis; maternal great-great-grandmother, Hunter Blue; four brothers, Byron Coleman of Charlotte, Alijah Fogle of Titusville, Fla., Chavez Lockhart and Joe Davis, both of Fayetteville; two sisters, Michele Coleman of Michigan and Cheyenne Lockhart of Fayetteville; two aunts, Brenda Davis and Sara Davis; four great-aunts, Patricia Davis, Leona Davis, Caroline Davis and Yvonne Mitchell; six great-uncles, Mike Davis, Levon Davis, Derrick Davis, Sylvester Davis, Larry Mitchell and Arthur Cromartie of Fayetteville; her second family, Tyrongella Davis and the Turner family of Raeford. She had a host of other cousins and relatives. The family will receive friends from 5 to 9 p.m. today, Nov. 21, 2009, at Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, 500 Ramsey St., Fayetteville. Funeral services will be conducted at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22, 2009, at Manna Church with the Rev. Johnny C. Davis officiating. She will be laid to rest at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Mike Owens, Joseph Santiago, Byron Coleman and Chavez Lockhart. Honorary pallbearers will be Steve Gilliam, Joe McGee, Tony Eason and her kindergarten class at Morganton Road Elementary School. Memorial donations may be made to The Shaniya Davis Trust Fund, c/o Wachovia Bank, 4200 Morganton Road, Fayetteville, NC 28304. Services entrusted to Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, of Fayetteville.

Published in Fayetteville ******* on November 21, 2009

++++++

Guestbook

Shaniya N. Davis This Guest Book will remain online until 12/21/2009

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookid=7443314528791&cid=full

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.