March 18, 2024, 08:00:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711795 times)
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1180 on: November 21, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »

Sorry I kind of messed that up I should have said "Aunt Carey wasn't mentioned"

Also this part was from the orbit posted by Jerseygirl -her second family, Tyrongella Davis and the Turner family of Raeford.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1181 on: November 21, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »

Mary, DNA takes years and years to degrade.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1182 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »

Anyone know who prepared the obit.?

I was thinking the same thing Can.  Recently my FIL passed away.  My husband wrote the Obit for him and could have said anything he wanted.  He (my husband) could have left out his stepsisters and their side entirely but of course he included them.  Just saying that anything can be said in a Obit.  My guess is that it was either written by the mom's side of the family OR it was an oversight.  By the way, in my area an obit like that in our local paper would probably cost about $450 or more.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1183 on: November 21, 2009, 02:11:58 PM »

I sure hope that is a mistake and the obituary will be redone, with Carry's name on their as her aunt  I'm stunned.

So am I. I even went back and read it again thinking I missed her name.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1184 on: November 21, 2009, 02:12:11 PM »

Anyone know who prepared the obit.?

I was thinking the same thing Can.  Recently my FIL passed away.  My husband wrote the Obit for him and could have said anything he wanted.  He (my husband) could have left out his stepsisters and their side entirely but of course he included them.  Just saying that anything can be said in a Obit.  My guess is that it was either written by the mom's side of the family OR it was an oversight.  By the way, in my area an obit like that in our local paper would probably cost about $450 or more.

Thanks Klaas and I agree with you.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1185 on: November 21, 2009, 02:15:38 PM »

Obituary

Published: 12:00 AM, Sat Nov 21, 2009
Shaniya N. Davis

FAYETTEVILLE - Miss Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, of 7935 Lester Drive, passed away Monday, Nov. 16, 2009.

Posted: Today at 12:09 p.m.
Updated: 59 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Shaniya Nicole Davis was raped and killed the same day she was taken from her Fayetteville home, according to arrest warrants released Friday.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, of 2613 Pine Springs Drive, was charged late Thursday with first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child. He is scheduled to appear in court on the charges at 2:15 p.m. Friday.

Antoinette Nicole Davis reported her 5-year-old daughter missing from their Fayetteville home on Nov. 10. The girl's body was found in a patch of kudzu off a rural road near the Lee-Harnett County line six days later.

Arrest warrants state Shaniya was assaulted and killed on Nov. 10.

She died of asphyxiation, according to preliminary autopsy results.

Her funeral is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday at Manna Church, 517 Cliffdale Road in Fayetteville.

McNeill has been held in isolation at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a first-degree kidnapping charge since his initial arrest a week ago. He surrendered to police after the release of hotel security video from a Comfort Suites in Sanford that appears to show him carrying Shaniya on the morning of her disappearance.

In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel.

Davis, 25, was arrested Saturday and charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse–prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing a police investigation. Arrest warrants state that Davis "did knowingly provide Shaniya with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya."

Police haven't said whether Davis could face additional charges or whether anyone else could be arrested in the case.

McNeill was taken off probation on Oct. 28 – six months early – following an April 28 conviction for drug possession, speeding to elude arrest and assaulting a government official. Officials said he had complied with all requirements while under supervision, and a judge agreed with a recommendation that he be released early from probation.

He also was convicted in 2003 for a triple shooting and in 2007 for another drug offense.

Fayetteville police said the investigation of Shaniya's death has taken an emotional toll on all who have been involved in the case.

"It's still emotional. It's one of those things (that's been) the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and I've seen a lot of stuff," Capt. Mark Bridgeman said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6464217/

Even though we 'knew' this is what happened it is still shocking, disgusting and hard to read. When even the police are shocked...it's bad!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1186 on: November 21, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »

I sure hope that is a mistake and the obituary will be redone, with Carry's name on their as her aunt  I'm stunned.

I think Aunt Carey is part of her second family mentioned in the orbit and they just mentioned the whole family instead of listing them all seperately.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1187 on: November 21, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »

I think Aunt Carey is part of her second family mentioned in the orbit and they just mentioned the whole family instead of listing them all seperately.
Yes, thank you.  It's too bad that someone that played such a pivotal roll
in Shaniya's life, loved and was loved by Shaniya, was not mentioned by name. 
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1188 on: November 21, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »

ITA in fact she probably should have been mentioned instead of the bio mom.  Carey seems to me the only one who truly cared for Shaniya's well being and also the one who had the least control over what happened to her.  I pray for God to comfort Aunt Carey in the depths of grief and loss she must feel.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1189 on: November 21, 2009, 03:04:15 PM »

OUR NATIONAL EPIDEMIC-CHILD STEALING & MURDER

November 19, 2009 05:33 PM EST (Updated: November 20, 2009 04:14 PM EST)

I am so heartsick at the most recent kidnapping and murder of Shaniya Davis.

Then there's the 2 recent missing children: Elizabeth Olten and Somer Thompson. These kids were kidnapped and murdered within 2 days of each other.

That's three kids all in the last 5 weeks or less.  There's so many that I can't even keep these kids' names straight because they all blend into one-and that's not fair to the poor victims.

The sheer volume of missing & murdered children week after week makes this an epidemic that we can't ignore.

Then, of course, little Caylee Anthony last year...and little Haleigh Cummings some months back who is still missing.

When has it become open season on little kids anyway? Why have they become a 'disposable' commodity in someone's sick mind?

THIS HAS TRULY BECOME A NATIONAL EPIDEMIC

What can I do as a citizen to help? I would certainly hate to think that we will all become immune to these almost daily stories because they are becoming so common place! It may happen you know. Sort of the kidnapping du jour becoming something we ignore or turn the channel-not a very comforting thought.

Seems to me the pedophiles and perverts are getting awfully brazen and too comfortable in being able to steal a kid just steps from their homes without being seen. They are bold and intend to commit these crimes regardless of consequences.

I know there's a special place in Hell for the evil people who torture and murder children but that really doesn't make me feel better. I think the parents who do harm to their own kids (as in the case of Antoinette Davis and Casey Anthony) definitely have a perverted evil inside of them and will suffer the consequences for breaking the trust of their own precious babies.

I am sure we only hear about a mere fraction of the kidnappings & murders happening around the country.

In my area we've had a lot of close calls lately, with reports of suspicious individuals trying to lure young kids into cars. It's happening more frequently because these perverts scope out the areas where parents are not around. At which point will it go farther and a child disappears? I shudder to think about that.

I am grateful not to have young kids at home, I'd be a basket case every time they walked out the front door-no matter how much I thought I prepared them, I'd be scared to death to let them out of my sight!

Please keep your kids close. Talk to them, talk to them and talk to them again about the dangers of walking alone and not keeping their eyes open.

Teenagers too, they think nothing could possibly happen to them, but there we have the young woman who disappeared at that concert 3 weeks ago and then of course Natalie Holloway in Aruba on her senior trip a couple of years ago...

Any thoughts? Are you as upset by this rash of child stealing as I am?

Let me know your thoughts. I'm having a real tough time with all this ugly news lately.

S. Goryan

November 18, 2009
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977909239&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1190 on: November 21, 2009, 03:28:05 PM »

Shaniya N. Davis

FAYETTEVILLE - Miss Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, of 7935 Lester Drive, passed away Monday, Nov. 16, 2009. Shaniya was a happy, loving and friendly little girl. She was a good little helper around the house. She loved to play dress up and do girly things like fixing hair and playing with her Barbie dolls. She loved playing outside and riding her scooter. Pink and yellow were her favorite colors. She was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School. You came into our lives for a little while. You left footprints on our hearts, and we will never be the same! She leaves behind to cherish her memories her father, Bradley W. Lockhart of Fayetteville; her mother, Antoinette Davis of Fayetteville; paternal grandparents, William and Stephanie Raynor of Lexington Park, Md.; maternal grandparents, Carl and Priscilla Summers; maternal great-grandmother, Sarah Davis; maternal great-great-grandmother, Hunter Blue; four brothers, Byron Coleman of Charlotte, Alijah Fogle of Titusville, Fla., Chavez Lockhart and Joe Davis, both of Fayetteville; two sisters, Michele Coleman of Michigan and Cheyenne Lockhart of Fayetteville; two aunts, Brenda Davis and Sara Davis; four great-aunts, Patricia Davis, Leona Davis, Caroline Davis and Yvonne Mitchell; six great-uncles, Mike Davis, Levon Davis, Derrick Davis, Sylvester Davis, Larry Mitchell and Arthur Cromartie of Fayetteville; her second family, Tyrongella Davis and the Turner family of Raeford. She had a host of other cousins and relatives. The family will receive friends from 5 to 9 p.m. today, Nov. 21, 2009, at Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, 500 Ramsey St., Fayetteville. Funeral services will be conducted at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22, 2009, at Manna Church with the Rev. Johnny C. Davis officiating. She will be laid to rest at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Mike Owens, Joseph Santiago, Byron Coleman and Chavez Lockhart. Honorary pallbearers will be Steve Gilliam, Joe McGee, Tony Eason and her kindergarten class at Morganton Road Elementary School. Memorial donations may be made to The Shaniya Davis Trust Fund, c/o Wachovia Bank, 4200 Morganton Road, Fayetteville, NC 28304. Services entrusted to Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, of Fayetteville.

Published in Fayetteville ******* on November 21, 2009

++++++

Guestbook

Shaniya N. Davis This Guest Book will remain online until 12/21/2009

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookid=7443314528791&cid=full

Little innocent, 5 years old Shaniya Nicole Davis was raped and murdered by a heartless scum of humanity on Monday, Nov. 16, 2009.

She did not just pass away. 

Heart
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1191 on: November 21, 2009, 03:42:06 PM »

ITA in fact she probably should have been mentioned instead of the bio mom.  Carey seems to me the only one who truly cared for Shaniya's well being and also the one who had the least control over what happened to her.  I pray for God to comfort Aunt Carey in the depths of grief and loss she must feel.

It seems that way.  So very sad.

R. I. P little Shaniya.   an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1192 on: November 21, 2009, 03:45:14 PM »

Shaniya N. Davis

FAYETTEVILLE - Miss Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, of 7935 Lester Drive, passed away Monday, Nov. 16, 2009. Shaniya was a happy, loving and friendly little girl. She was a good little helper around the house. She loved to play dress up and do girly things like fixing hair and playing with her Barbie dolls. She loved playing outside and riding her scooter. Pink and yellow were her favorite colors. She was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School. You came into our lives for a little while. You left footprints on our hearts, and we will never be the same! She leaves behind to cherish her memories her father, Bradley W. Lockhart of Fayetteville; her mother, Antoinette Davis of Fayetteville; paternal grandparents, William and Stephanie Raynor of Lexington Park, Md.; maternal grandparents, Carl and Priscilla Summers; maternal great-grandmother, Sarah Davis; maternal great-great-grandmother, Hunter Blue; four brothers, Byron Coleman of Charlotte, Alijah Fogle of Titusville, Fla., Chavez Lockhart and Joe Davis, both of Fayetteville; two sisters, Michele Coleman of Michigan and Cheyenne Lockhart of Fayetteville; two aunts, Brenda Davis and Sara Davis; four great-aunts, Patricia Davis, Leona Davis, Caroline Davis and Yvonne Mitchell; six great-uncles, Mike Davis, Levon Davis, Derrick Davis, Sylvester Davis, Larry Mitchell and Arthur Cromartie of Fayetteville; her second family, Tyrongella Davis and the Turner family of Raeford. She had a host of other cousins and relatives. The family will receive friends from 5 to 9 p.m. today, Nov. 21, 2009, at Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, 500 Ramsey St., Fayetteville. Funeral services will be conducted at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22, 2009, at Manna Church with the Rev. Johnny C. Davis officiating. She will be laid to rest at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Mike Owens, Joseph Santiago, Byron Coleman and Chavez Lockhart. Honorary pallbearers will be Steve Gilliam, Joe McGee, Tony Eason and her kindergarten class at Morganton Road Elementary School. Memorial donations may be made to The Shaniya Davis Trust Fund, c/o Wachovia Bank, 4200 Morganton Road, Fayetteville, NC 28304. Services entrusted to Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, of Fayetteville.

++++++

Guestbook

Little innocent, 5 years old Shaniya Nicole Davis was raped and murdered by a heartless scum of humanity on Monday, Nov. 16, 2009.

Are they sure they wish to use the words, "charish her memories" along side the person who sold her to the person that raped and killed her? Are they serious? They don't care about this child in my opinion.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1193 on: November 21, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »

Shaniya N. Davis

++++++

Guestbook

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1194 on: November 21, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »

Thanks...I am going to read it again. I am just a bit stunned that she was the one who took cared of and obviously loved Shaniya
and wasn't named and that scum of a biomon was.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1195 on: November 21, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »

I do believe that Shaniya's obituary should have been proofread more carefully.

The obituary states that the death of Shaniya took place on Monday, November 16th.  The suspect charged with her murder and rape was arrested on November 13th.

According to the LE ... Shaniya was raped and murdered on the day she was taken from her mother's home ... NOVEMBER 10, 2009.

It could be that the family is acknowledging the date Shaniya's little body was located but ...

Janet

++++++

Warrants: Girl abducted, raped, killed on same day
 Posted: Nov. 20, 2009
Updated: Nov. 20 6:48 p.m

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Shaniya Nicole Davis was raped and killed the same day she was taken from her Fayetteville home, according to arrest warrants released Friday.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, of 2613 Pine Springs Drive, was charged late Thursday with first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child. He is scheduled to appear in court on the charges at 2:15 p.m. Friday.

Antoinette Nicole Davis reported her 5-year-old daughter missing from their Fayetteville home on Nov. 10. The girl's body was found in a patch of kudzu off a rural road near the Lee-Harnett County line six days later.

Arrest warrants state Shaniya was assaulted and killed on Nov. 10.

She died of asphyxiation, according to preliminary autopsy results.

Her funeral is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday at Manna Church, 517 Cliffdale Road in Fayetteville.

McNeill has been held in isolation at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a first-degree kidnapping charge since his initial arrest a week ago. He surrendered to police after the release of hotel security video from a Comfort Suites in Sanford that appears to show him carrying Shaniya on the morning of her disappearance.

In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel.

Davis, 25, was arrested Saturday and charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse–prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing a police investigation. Arrest warrants state that Davis "did knowingly provide Shaniya with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya."

Police haven't said whether Davis could face additional charges or whether anyone else could be arrested in the case.

McNeill was taken off probation on Oct. 28 – six months early – following an April 28 conviction for drug possession, speeding to elude arrest and assaulting a government official. Officials said he had complied with all requirements while under supervision, and a judge agreed with a recommendation that he be released early from probation.

He also was convicted in 2003 for a triple shooting and in 2007 for another drug offense.

Fayetteville police said the investigation of Shaniya's death has taken an emotional toll on all who have been involved in the case.

"It's still emotional. It's one of those things (that's been) the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and I've seen a lot of stuff," Capt. Mark Bridgeman said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6464217/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1196 on: November 21, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »

O/T 
Had a couple of trojans in my comp, did a system restore.  Took all day to get things adjusted and am back up and running, good as new. 

On Topic...........
I saw the pic taken by the one who went to the hotel, of the carpet pattern.  As some in here have said, it looks like the same pattern on the carpet, but off a bit somehow. 

For those monkeys who are good with pics, could you check out the following, if you haven't already?  Seems that one or more of the three pics we've already been looking at, may have been flipped.  That *could* account for why the pattern on the carpet seems a bit off.  But my main reason in thinking that is because of the elevator seen in the pic taken by that person vs. the three we already had. 

The number of the elevator is inside the doorframe (near where the doors open).  In the 3 pics we've been looking at, when it can be seen, that number is on the left.  But in the 4th and newer pic, that number is on the right.  Can you guys flip the pics with that number shown, so they are the same, then compare side by side?  Hope this makes sense!  The carpet pattern might even match up, who knows?  lol 

And I agree with those who are thinking that of the three pics that LE released, it seems that at least one is of Shaniya being carried 'out', while at least one is of her being carried 'in'.  She just looks sooooo different in the middle pic.  IMO.  Why LE would say they are all three of her being carried in, if they actually weren't, I dunno.   

okay as far as the pics being flipped.. no ... the hallway (more noticeable on the bottom) is the same in all... as far as the 2 on the side of the elevator door jam so to speak ... i think it would be on both sides
here is a pic of the halway framing i guess you could call it... and from the ws pics i counted 20 rms on floor 3 from the safety escape plaque... i would assume 2nd floor would be the same... when you get off the elevator 6 to your left and four to your right by reason of things usually going from left to right then rm 201 should be last one down furthest from the elevator either 200-205 to your left and 206-209 to your right
or 200-211 to your left and  212-219 to your right
either way... furthest from elevator
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1197 on: November 21, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »

O/T 
Had a couple of trojans in my comp, did a system restore.  Took all day to get things adjusted and am back up and running, good as new. 

On Topic...........
I saw the pic taken by the one who went to the hotel, of the carpet pattern.  As some in here have said, it looks like the same pattern on the carpet, but off a bit somehow. 

For those monkeys who are good with pics, could you check out the following, if you haven't already?  Seems that one or more of the three pics we've already been looking at, may have been flipped.  That *could* account for why the pattern on the carpet seems a bit off.  But my main reason in thinking that is because of the elevator seen in the pic taken by that person vs. the three we already had. 

The number of the elevator is inside the doorframe (near where the doors open).  In the 3 pics we've been looking at, when it can be seen, that number is on the left.  But in the 4th and newer pic, that number is on the right.  Can you guys flip the pics with that number shown, so they are the same, then compare side by side?  Hope this makes sense!  The carpet pattern might even match up, who knows?  lol 

And I agree with those who are thinking that of the three pics that LE released, it seems that at least one is of Shaniya being carried 'out', while at least one is of her being carried 'in'.  She just looks sooooo different in the middle pic.  IMO.  Why LE would say they are all three of her being carried in, if they actually weren't, I dunno.   

the pic in the middle shows his face maybe tat is why? i don't know
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1198 on: November 21, 2009, 04:44:14 PM »

Hello Monkeys and Guests,

I wasn't aware of Funeral Etiquette:(

Shaniya Davis' funeral scheduled for Sunday

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m11d21-Shaniya-Davis-funeral-scheduled-for-Sunday

Funeral Etiquette

http://www.mountcastle.net/funeral.htm

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1199 on: November 21, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »

I am a little troubled by the families posting of  their own personal pictures on her Legacy website with the funeral notice.  The pictures should just be of Shaniya, and they have posted all the relatives pictures.  I have never seen that done.  Very few pictures of Shaniya, and they must have more than that of her.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.