March 18, 2024, 08:37:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711805 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1260 on: November 21, 2009, 10:56:31 PM »

My DIL asked me a question tonight and I didn't know the answer....so HELP

AD was charge with selling Shaniya for sex...trafficking even before Shaniya was found.....how did the LE know what had happened?  I missed a lot of the earlier posts so.... What in the heck am I missing?

At the time Antoinette was arrested, McNeil was already in jail.  The police were questioning
Antionette off and on...as they put it, she was in and out of police headquarters.
I have wondered if McNeil talked or if Antoinette confessed to selling Shaniya.
I don't think we know yet.

thanks Magnolia...I thought it was Coe that was in jail....and McNeil turned himself in...oh well...see I told you I was confused!!  Thanks!!

I think...but I dont want to spead no myths...that Coe has been released by the time Antoinette was
arrested.  If I remember, it was Saturday night that they arrested Antoinette.

They were also questioning Brenda Davis during that time, so Breand may have told all.  IDK

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1261 on: November 21, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »

Hello Monkeys and Guests,

I wasn't aware of Funeral Etiquette:(

Shaniya Davis' funeral scheduled for Sunday

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m11d21-Shaniya-Davis-funeral-scheduled-for-Sunday

Funeral Etiquette

http://www.mountcastle.net/funeral.htm

In the South, the etiquette is to take fried chicken and potato salad and a banana pudding to
the family as soon as you hear of the death.

I was born and raised in the Deep South, and I have never taken those food items anywhere. Please don't generalize, or spread myths. Southerners take all kinds of food  on all kinds of occasions. I have been to funerals where the deceased person's family had a caterer take care of the food.

I apologize PDH3.  I did not mean to spread myths. 

This is OT  but...PDH3...not sure what pushed your button, but no one was intentionally trying to do that.    I am also remembering my daughter about 10 years ago having moved from very urban Seattle, where spa cusine and upscale dining was the norm for everything, to marrying and moving to Indiana.  She said Mom, if I go to one more wedding where they serve chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for a wedding dinner, I am moving back to the normal world. She didn't move back, and seems to have adjusted very well.

I grew up in Birmingham and I have eaten at Brody's in Mountain Brook many times.  I have also eaten
lasagna and salad.   I live in the country now and the food I mentioned is the norm around here.  The
people are loving and caring and want to help in any way they can when there is a tragedy.  It is just
a matter of doing whatever you can to comfort a grieving family.  I meant no harm.

OT again but AZ you are not spreading 'myths'.  It is an unwritten tradition for us southerners to take any kind of food to the home a greiving family.  I do it anytime someone passes.  I usually prepare a whole meal so at least one night is taken care of and they don't have to cook.  Don't shoot me Mods but gals I have a banana pudding square recipe (has cream cheese in it) that I will post in that section tomorrow.  I gotta run before the Mods come after me.  Just had to speak up for a lovely gesture that all families appreciate at that time.  I too wanna know what the bank fund will go to.  Is there someone appointed to over see that kind of thing or is it just to help the family?  If it was going to AD's family I am sure the bank wouldn't have considered it.  That would be a little bad advert for them I would think.  But I could see a greedy member of AD's fam trying it!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1262 on: November 21, 2009, 11:11:42 PM »

1st incident report on November 13th in the morning ..

Someone kicked in the  door... Mcneill's g/f home

2nd report November 13th..12.03pm

Victim is reported neglected by suspect
Child
Amari- McNeills daughter and G/F

You can read it here.. Just put name in..and date.. I posted this twice now...

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/policereports.aspx

Published: 06:53 AM, Fri Nov 20, 2009
McNeill charged with rape, murder in 5-year-old's deathBy Nancy McCleary
Staff writer

On Nov. 11, police arrested Clarence Coe and charged him with kidnapping Shaniya. Coe was identified as the kidnapper by Davis, who was his girlfriend.

The next day, investigators got their first break when a hotel worker in Sanford reported seeing a girl resembling Shaniya with a man at the Comfort Suites.

That led to the discovery of surveillance video of Shaniya being carried by a man police have identified as McNeill. The video was time stamped 6:11 a.m.

Police have said Shaniya was alive when she left the hotel about 11/2hours later.

Early on Nov. 13 - a Friday - McNeill turned himself in to police and admitted he had taken the girl.

In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel.

McNeill's confession resulted in the dismissal of the charges against Coe. McNeill was charged with first-degree kidnapping.

Davis was arrested on Nov. 14. She is charged with human trafficking, child abuse involving prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing an investigation. Investigators are looking into allegations that Davis used her 5-year-old daughter to pay off a debt ...

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/19/953846

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1263 on: November 21, 2009, 11:56:19 PM »

Now I am confused..who are all these people in the photos..first time I have seen more pics of other people  and very few of the person that the funeral is for..(Shaniya)

ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1264 on: November 22, 2009, 12:21:54 AM »

Anyone know who prepared the obit.?

I was thinking the same thing Can.  Recently my FIL passed away.  My husband wrote the Obit for him and could have said anything he wanted.  He (my husband) could have left out his stepsisters and their side entirely but of course he included them.  Just saying that anything can be said in a Obit.  My guess is that it was either written by the mom's side of the family OR it was an oversight.  By the way, in my area an obit like that in our local paper would probably cost about $450 or more.

on the link on page

Okay, am I missing something? Or did they revise it? cause I see this from the obit link on page 63 I think ...,four great-aunts, Patricia Davis, Leona Davis, Caroline Davis and Yvonne Mitchell

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1265 on: November 22, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »

Hello Monkeys and Guests,

I wasn't aware of Funeral Etiquette:(

Shaniya Davis' funeral scheduled for Sunday

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m11d21-Shaniya-Davis-funeral-scheduled-for-Sunday

Funeral Etiquette

http://www.mountcastle.net/funeral.htm

In the South, the etiquette is to take fried chicken and potato salad and a banana pudding to
the family as soon as you hear of the death.

I was born and raised in the Deep South, and I have never taken those food items anywhere. Please don't generalize, or spread myths. Southerners take all kinds of food  on all kinds of occasions. I have been to funerals where the deceased person's family had a caterer take care of the food.

I apologize PDH3.  I did not mean to spread myths. 

What's to apologize for? You didn't spread any myths. Generalizing would be to say " All people in the south bring ____ to funerals." Your claim that it is etiquette to bring 'comfort food', is spot on in my (and many others) experiences. Some do, some don't. :]
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1266 on: November 22, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »

Now I am confused..who are all these people in the photos..first time I have seen more pics of other people  and very few of the person that the funeral is for..(Shaniya)

I'm assuming they are from people [random strangers expressing condolences, or family/friends] who have submitted guestbook entries.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1267 on: November 22, 2009, 12:59:12 AM »

I am a little troubled by the families posting of  their own personal pictures on her Legacy website with the funeral notice.  The pictures should just be of Shaniya, and they have posted all the relatives pictures.  I have never seen that done.  Very few pictures of Shaniya, and they must have more than that of her.

I thought that too AZSunny.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1268 on: November 22, 2009, 01:08:15 AM »

JG - thank you SO much for reposting those reports, that's part of what I was looking for in my notes! 

The other part am looking for is where the E-machine was taken from their house.  Not on the report, or am I blind as well as tired?  lol 

Am looking in notes also to see where that was discussed.  Thought in here, but if not, then over at WS.  An interesting discussion.  Yet now, if a rumor not fact. 

Somebody take my keyboard, am typing with my eyes closed cuz I'm so tired.  Good thing I can type even in the dark.  But am not so sure am making any sense. 

See ya's all laterzzzz.. Nite!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1269 on: November 22, 2009, 06:19:23 AM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/22/954080

How did McNeill's hopeful start go so wrong?

McNeill, accused of raping and murdering a 5-year-old girl, has a mother. You forget that sometimes when a defendant is charged with heinous crimes. He was once 5 and represented the hopes of his mother.

At 3 p.m. today, an angry, grief-stricken community will gather at Manna Church to remember the girl with the effervescent smile.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1270 on: November 22, 2009, 06:36:11 AM »

Trust fund at bank
A memorial trust fund has been set up at Wachovia bank in memory of Shaniya. It was done by family friend Vaughn Eason.

Eason said the family of Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, had no insurance for the girl and any money raised would help cover the cost of her funeral and burial services.

"Any money left over after that will go to local and national charities for neglected children," Eason said.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1271 on: November 22, 2009, 08:07:19 AM »

Trust fund at bank
A memorial trust fund has been set up at Wachovia bank in memory of Shaniya. It was done by family friend Vaughn Eason.

Eason said the family of Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, had no insurance for the girl and any money raised would help cover the cost of her funeral and burial services.

"Any money left over after that will go to local and national charities for neglected children," Eason said.

Thank-you, Magnolia,

I am looking for to the B.P. Recipe on the other site.  If any new Monkeys are interested if it OK to post recipe link:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=38.0

This is just a wonderful site and I am so happy to be monkey.

Bradley didn't have insurance for the child...where did Shaniya go to preschool?  She had a jazzy guaduation outfit on and it
didn't look like a paper hat?  What stinks is Bradley could have saved this child by stepping up to the plate and registrating him-
self as the father, IMO. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1272 on: November 22, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »

Trust fund at bank

Thank-you, Magnolia,

I am looking for to the B.P. Recipe on the other site.  If any new Monkeys are interested if it OK to post recipe link:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=38.0

This is just a wonderful site and I am so happy to be monkey.

Bradley didn't have insurance for the child...where did Shaniya go to preschool?  She had a jazzy guaduation outfit on and it
didn't look like a paper hat?  What stinks is Bradley could have saved this child by stepping up to the plate and registrating him-
self as the father, IMO. 

I noticed that several newspapers in the area are printing directions to the church for the funeral...some as
far away as Raleigh and Chapel Hill.
The church is one of those mega-churches with 5,000 members, so it should be able to accomodate
a large crowd.  One article said they expect hundreds and maybe thousands of people to attend.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1273 on: November 22, 2009, 09:18:01 AM »

Shaniya should have a small and beautiful funeral not this public show.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1274 on: November 22, 2009, 09:33:04 AM »

I agree with you.  This will be a spectacle I am afraid.

Here is a sad comparision from Shaniya's first day of school to the day in the hotel.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Shaniya%20Davis/?action=view&current=SHANIYAsent.jpg

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1275 on: November 22, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »

Here is a sad comparision from Shaniya's first day of school to the day in the hotel.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Shaniya%20Davis/?action=view&current=SHANIYAsent.jpg

There are more pictures of Shaniya on this website than there on the obituary page.  That smile of hers melts my heart. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1276 on: November 22, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »

another vid police say shanyia died same day

<a href="http://&lt;object width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/2sig0W6TvDw&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowScriptAccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/2sig0W6TvDw&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank">http://&lt;object width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/2sig0W6TvDw&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowScriptAccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/2sig0W6TvDw&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1277 on: November 22, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »

How did McNeill's hopeful start go so wrong?Myron Pitts

Minutes before a judge read the charges against Mario Andrette McNeill on Friday, I was reminded of something.

McNeill, accused of raping and murdering a 5-year-old girl, has a mother. You forget that sometimes when a
defendant is charged with heinous crimes. He was once 5 and represented the hopes of his mother.

You wonder how things came so far.

McNeill's mother came quietly into the viewing area in the tiny courtroom at the Cumberland County Detention
Center. She wore shades and was dressed neatly in an orange blouse.

She took a seat across from where the reporters sat. The seat gave her the best view of her son through the glass
window.

McNeill, in an orange jump suit, stood next to his lawyer. He wore a neutral expression.

Facing the judge, his right side was turned to his mother. He glanced slightly to the right, but his eyes did not
 appear to make it all the way to her.

She listened as Judge George Franks asked if McNeill understood he could face the death penalty and life
imprisonment if convicted. He answered that he understood, and he was soon led out of the room.

A sheriff's deputy led McNeill's mother from the viewing area, ahead of reporters. In the parking lot, we follow
ed her to her car, but she did not speak to anyone. I did not get her name.

We knew she was McNeill's mother only because the Sheriff's Office spokeswoman told us.

A short while later, Ann Summers, mother of Antoinette Davis, came into the parking lot. She was at the detention
center to set up visits with her daughter.

Antoinette Davis is the mother of the slain angel, Shaniya Davis. The mother is charged with selling her own
daughter for sex.

Summers told reporters Antoinette Davis was innocent.

"She took great care of her children," she said.

She took questions and later spelled out her name and gave reporters her number.

She reserved all her anger for McNeill. Someone asked what she would say if she could speak to him. "I don't want
to," she said, shaking her head. "He ain't nothing but a maggot."

She said of Shaniya's death: "It's wrong. She didn't get her life started. Her life ended for no reason."

Shaniya's body was found in Lee County, at a spot where hunters dump deer carcasses. She died of asphyxiation,
according to an initial autopsy.

Police say surveillance video at a Sanford hotel shows McNeill holding the girl. He faces kidnapping charges,
too.

At 3 p.m. today, an angry, grief-stricken community will gather at Manna Church to remember the girl with the
effervescent smile.

The same community is asking questions.

Did the state's adult probation division fail in letting McNeill, who has a long criminal history, back onto the
 streets?

Did the Department of Social Services, which reportedly investigated Antoinette Davis, drop the ball?

After Shaniya was born June 14, 2004, at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, her birth notice in the newspaper
followed the normal form: "Antoinette Davis, Fayetteville, a girl, Shaniya Nicole." The simple wording is full of
promise. You wonder again how it all went wrong.

Columnist Myron B. Pitts can be reached at pittsm@fayobserver.com or 486-3559.

link to video that didnt work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sig0W6TvDw&feature=player_embedded

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1278 on: November 22, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »

There are more pictures of Shaniya on this website than there on the obituary page.  That smile of hers melts my heart. 

This melts anyones heart.

If the wishy washy father put his name on the birth certificate he would have parental rights, it may have prevented this funeral.

Shaniya started Kindergarden in this photo?  Did dad or aunt enrole Shaniya into school?  Wouldn't they be first to be told of

being taken out of school by her mother?  A $pectacle, yes, where is the families dignity? There no dignity for a sweet child who

suffered so much and here to put this funeral for display:(

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1279 on: November 22, 2009, 11:29:45 AM »

JG - thank you SO much for reposting those reports, that's part of what I was looking for in my notes! 

The other part am looking for is where the E-machine was taken from their house.  Not on the report, or am I blind as well as tired?  lol 

Am looking in notes also to see where that was discussed.  Thought in here, but if not, then over at WS.  An interesting discussion.  Yet now, if a rumor not fact. 

Somebody take my keyboard, am typing with my eyes closed cuz I'm so tired.  Good thing I can type even in the dark.  But am not so sure am making any sense. 

See ya's all laterzzzz.. Nite!

This may sound dumb but what is an e-machine?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.