March 19, 2024, 01:14:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711885 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1300 on: November 22, 2009, 04:46:06 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Razzy1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1301 on: November 22, 2009, 04:58:26 PM »

I can appreciate that Carey Lockhart-Davis had only so much control in regards to the informal custody arrangement between Shaniya's father and mother but ... considering her genuine apprehension regarding AD's history ...love for her niece should have dictated periodic check-up visits regarding Shaniya's well being in that almost five week separation.  While her brother was out-of-town ... as an advocate for her niece ... maybe Carey would have learned that Shaniya was not enrolled in kindergarten.  As an advocate for her niece ... maybe Carey would have observed the squalored conditions that her niece was living in.  As an advocate for Shaniya ... maybe this aunt could have contacted CPS.

Then there is Brad Lockhart.  He also failed his daughter miserably.  If Carey had apprehension in regards to placing Shaniya in her mother's care ... there is no way that her brother was not aware of these concerns.   However ... this father felt that the mother of his precious child should be given a chance to prove herself worthy.  Brad gambled ... took a chance ... with his little girl at stake and ... lost big time.

What was Shaniya Davis subjected to in that almost five week period?

It should not have happened.  It could have been prevented.  The red flags were there.  I am so angry!!

Janet

++++++

Slain N.C. girl’s aunt says mom was neglectful 
Vigils held after body of missing 5-year-old is found, mother charged

updated 6:37 p.m. PT, Tues., Nov . 17, 2009
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - The aunt of a 5-year-old girl whose body was found off a rural North Carolina road said Tuesday that she had a hard time letting the girl live temporarily at her mother's house because she believed the woman neglected her children.

Shaniya Davis had gone last month to stay for a while with her mother, 25-year-old Antoinette Davis, as part of an informal agreement with the father, Bradley Lockhart. Lockhart's sister said she helped raise the girl and was concerned about her moving in with her mother.

"Antoinette and I never really got along because of the way that she neglected her children," Carey Lockhart-Davis said. "I feel robbed. I feel that Shaniya was robbed."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33989586/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I just watched the funeral and started reading this board. Your maybe, Carey would have learned, maybe Aunt Carey would have observed, maybe this Aunt could have. Maybe you should have watched Aunt Carey speak at Shayina's funeral, only 2 people are responsible for Shaniya's death, devilmama, and Mcneill. Her devilmama had a choice to keep her safe and send her home safely and she chose not too. You can't blame others for her discusting behavior to do this to her own child, who would ever think this could, would ever happen?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1302 on: November 22, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »

I am watching a replay of the funeral, lets see how far into it I get, I am already crying.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1303 on: November 22, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6474571/

Watch Shaniya's funeral on WRAL.com LIVE at 3 p.m.

Thanks Searching...I was out but would have watched it had I been home. I hope it was beautiful and respectful.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1304 on: November 22, 2009, 05:11:56 PM »

God Bless You Shaniya..

jersey...this is beautiful. Shaniya is playing with the Angels and knows nothing but love.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1305 on: November 22, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »

Two things I want to bring up.  Just because Brad had a nicer home doesn't mean anything.  Of course it was more comfortable and better but that doesn't make a home.  I am a CNA working for home health and I go from home to home and I promise you I have met some of the most down to earth poor people living in worse than that little trailer you see AD living in.  What makes a home is the love and care you give someone.  I still love to go see some of my little old people I've met over the years.  The second thing is about the birth cert..  The lady came around unexpectedly to fill out info for the birth cert. and my husband was at work.  I named him but because he wasn't able to sign for it they couldn't add him so we did all that about 1 yr later when things were a bit better.  My son was so sick to begin with.  But Dad did make it later to the vital stat office to fix.  Brad probably just didn't make it to fill it out and we don't really know when he found out he was a Daddy do we.  He may not have worried about it cause he had her 90% of the time and didn't think it would be an issue.  To some that paper doesn't matter.  To us it did.

I hope your son is healthy now.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Razzy1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1306 on: November 22, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »

Thanks Searching...I was out but would have watched it had I been home. I hope it was beautiful and respectful.

Actually it was nice except that guy who didn't have the decency to put his suspenders on while leading the choir, just left them hanging, very distracting.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1307 on: November 22, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »

Thanks...she really was a beautiful child and now a beautiful angel an angelic monkey

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1308 on: November 22, 2009, 05:16:35 PM »

Thanks Searching.  I watched the whole thing.
I felt sad for Carey.  From what I gathered Carey has three boys and was happy to have a
little girl in her life.

Magnolia would you mind post the highlights for those of us who didn't get to see it?

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: November 22, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »

I am watching a replay of the funeral, lets see how far into it I get, I am already crying.

tracy, would you please post the link to watch the replay?  Thanks

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1310 on: November 22, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »

Actually it was nice except that guy who didn't have the decency to put his suspenders on while leading the choir, just left them hanging, very distracting.

thanks Razzy

Rest in Peace Caylee

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1311 on: November 22, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »

Have we seen this?  http://www.facebook.com/people/Victo...00000055561722

This is Bradley Lockhart's other babymama.  She lives in Florida  Baby listed in Obit as one of Shaniya's brothers.

Also Bradley was on wedding channel listed as the groom to be of Tyrongella Davis.  it has been removed.
They were suppose to marry April 2010.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1312 on: November 22, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »

Hello Monkeys and Guests,

I wasn't aware of Funeral Etiquette:(

Shaniya Davis' funeral scheduled for Sunday

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m11d21-Shaniya-Davis-funeral-scheduled-for-Sunday

Funeral Etiquette

http://www.mountcastle.net/funeral.htm

In the South, the etiquette is to take fried chicken and potato salad and a banana pudding to
the family as soon as you hear of the death.

I was born and raised in the Deep South, and I have never taken those food items anywhere. Please don't generalize, or spread myths. Southerners take all kinds of food  on all kinds of occasions. I have been to funerals where the deceased person's family had a caterer take care of the food.

I apologize PDH3.  I did not mean to spread myths. 

This is OT  but...PDH3...not sure what pushed your button, but no one was intentionally trying to do that.    I am also remembering my daughter about 10 years ago having moved from very urban Seattle, where spa cusine and upscale dining was the norm for everything, to marrying and moving to Indiana.  She said Mom, if I go to one more wedding where they serve chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for a wedding dinner, I am moving back to the normal world. She didn't move back, and seems to have adjusted very well.

I have been reading and following all these heartbreaking cases, but must say that when Eli passed everyone brought all the above foods plus many more the entire week, if they hadn't I'm not sure we would have even eaten and just last week a friend's mother passed and I took a ham, potato salad, banana pudding and a casserole to the family as soon as I heard about the death.......I thought it was customary to do so.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1313 on: November 22, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »

I felt sad for Carey.  From what I gathered Carey has three boys and was happy to have a
little girl in her life.

Magnolia would you mind post the highlights for those of us who didn't get to see it?

Now you know that is just asking for trouble.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1314 on: November 22, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »

Beautiful memorial photo.......thanks TM an angelic monkey

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1315 on: November 22, 2009, 05:28:05 PM »

little girl in her life.

????? not sure what you mean, but will take your word on it

Rest in Peace Caylee

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1316 on: November 22, 2009, 05:29:16 PM »

And I kept wanting to hear the choir sing Jesus Loves Me or some song appropriate for little children.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1317 on: November 22, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »

tracy, would you please post the link to watch the replay?  Thanks

http://www.wral.com/news/video/6475163/

Very sad. I just listened to her Aunt Carry read a poem, very touching and moving. Her dad spoke about God being good, and people need to get help for those who can't help themselves. Very moving and both are in so much pain
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1318 on: November 22, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »

Tracy: do you have a link.    Thank-you
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1319 on: November 22, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »

little girl in her life.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.