March 19, 2024, 02:52:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711903 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1340 on: November 22, 2009, 08:44:55 PM »

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can be mad about a funeral.... my God... give it a break.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1341 on: November 22, 2009, 08:49:46 PM »

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can be mad about a funeral.... my God... give it a break.

I wasn't referring to Shaniya's funeral..I didn't get to see it....I was referring to something personal...my mistake...but if anyone feels anger or is upset or simply disagrees over what was or wasn't said or done...I certainly wouldn't chastise them for it

Good Night Monks....and don't for get to BELIEVE!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1342 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »

I wasn't referring to Shaniya's funeral..I didn't get to see it....I was referring to something personal...my mistake...but if anyone feels anger or is upset or simply disagrees over what was or wasn't said or done...I certainly wouldn't chastise them for it

Good Night Monks....and don't for get to BELIEVE!!

Good night SunnyinTx!   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1343 on: November 22, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »

Thank you Tracygirl.

Who was the woman who gave a tribute to "Daddy" towards the end of the service?

For the most part ... I believe the words spoken from the pulpit.  I know those words come right from the Word of God.  However ... I wish I understood why a loving God would use an innocent little child to get "our attention" to bring about good in regards to the social needs within our society.  I guess if I understood God's ways ... He would not be God.  It is times like this that my trust and faith in the ways of my Heavenly Father is tested.

Brad Lockhart ... the father of Shaniya ... possesses faith that I fail to comprehend but ... wish I did.

Janet

+++++

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Jeremiah 17:7
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence.
I don't think God 'made' this happen to Shaniya, but that man in his sinful nature did this to Shaniya.   However, Romans 8:28, as you've quoted, tells us that God will work this for the good to those who love Him according to His purpose. 

I would have liked to have heard more about Shaniya, too, but just think of how many lost souls were sitting in that church that doesn't have a personal relationship with God, yet there they were.  Shaniya, in death brought those people together to hear the Word.  Maybe that's the first step in God will to turn this ugly into something good or those who are lost.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1344 on: November 22, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »

Thank you Tracygirl.

For the most part ... I believe the words spoken from the pulpit.  I know those words come right from the Word of God.  However ... I wish I understood why a loving God would use an innocent little child to get "our attention" to bring about good in regards to the social needs within our society.  I guess if I understood God's ways ... He would not be God.  It is times like this that my trust and faith in the ways of my Heavenly Father is tested.

Brad Lockhart ... the father of Shaniya ... possesses faith that I fail to comprehend but ... wish I did.

Janet

+++++

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence.
I don't think God 'made' this happen to Shaniya, but that man in his sinful nature did this to Shaniya.   However, Romans 8:28, as you've quoted, tells us that God will work this for the good to those who love Him according to His purpose. 

I would have liked to have heard more about Shaniya, too, but just think of how many lost souls were sitting in that church that doesn't have a personal relationship with God, yet there they were.  Shaniya, in death brought those people together to hear the Word.  Maybe that's the first step in God will to turn this ugly into something good or those who are lost.

And a big AMEN to that..  Let Shaniya's passing not be in vain..... let something good come from it.  This tragedy affected a lot of people as if they knew this beautiful little girl.....I am still trying to recover from the great sadness......

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1345 on: November 22, 2009, 09:49:22 PM »

I didn't watch the funeral, for several reasons, but I can tell you that on one forum it literally wound up with fighting, about the funeral. I don't think I have ever seen a funeral that was  inappropriate, but some people sure thought that it was. I suppose what ever a family plans for a funeral it is appropriate for them and that's what counts.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1346 on: November 22, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »

Thank you Tracygirl.

Janet

+++++

And a big AMEN to that..  Let Shaniya's passing not be in vain..... let something good come from it.  This tragedy affected a lot of people as if they knew this beautiful little girl.....I am still trying to recover from the great sadness......

As my pastor would say if one soul was saved today then Shaniya did not die in vain.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1347 on: November 22, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »

I didn't watch the funeral, for several reasons, but I can tell you that on one forum it literally wound up with fighting, about the funeral. I don't think I have ever seen a funeral that was  inappropriate, but some people sure thought that it was. I suppose what ever a family plans for a funeral it is appropriate for them and that's what counts.

Your right NRCG...it is up to the family and we should be glad we were able to see the funeral for those that wanted to....I did not watch either. The hard part for the family will be if this goes to trial.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1348 on: November 22, 2009, 10:09:13 PM »

Thank you Tracygirl.

Janet

+++++

I do not think so either.  However ... God did allow the chain of events to unfold for a greater purpose.  I realize that at the moment it is my lack of faith ...  my lack of trust ... that is the problem but ... it just bothers me that a little girl was forced to go through a H--- on Earth to teach others out there valuable lessons in regards to the consequences of unwise choices.

The adults entrusted with Shaniya care ... may have loved her in their own way but ... when all is said and done ... they all failed to make the choices necessary to protect her from what ultimately happened.  There were red flags in regards to the lifestyle of the mother but ... they were ignorned.  Brad believed the mother deserved "a chance" for the mother to redeem herself.  That was a betrayal to Shaniya.  Aunt Carey failed to check on her niece's welfare once in that five week period despite her misgivings.  That was neglect.

Bikerbev ... I agree in regards to the service.  At times the focus tended to drift from Shaniya but ... there was not one person who left that service that was not aware of ... The Way ... The Truth and ... The Life.

Janet

++++++

Some Claim Shaniya Davis Was At Risk And Needed A Better Home
Updated: Nov. 19 10:35 am

http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/news/story/44620/some-claim-shaniya-davis-was-at-risk-and-needed-a-better-home

Slain N.C. girl’s aunt says mom was neglectful 
updated 6:37 p.m. PT, Tues., Nov . 17, 2009

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33989586/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1349 on: November 22, 2009, 10:12:18 PM »

I agree.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1350 on: November 22, 2009, 10:12:33 PM »

Your right NRCG...it is up to the family and we should be glad we were able to see the funeral for those that wanted to....I did not watch either. The hard part for the family will be if this goes to trial.
How true what a nightmare for a family, no wonder some families break up when such horrible crimes happen, the pain and stress must be intolerable.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1351 on: November 22, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »

On that Wedding Channel site link someone posted it says that Lockhart is going to marry someone named Tyrongella Davis.  Another woman named Davis?  Wonder if she is related to Antoinette.  I recently learned that a good friend's first husband was the cousin of her second husband.  I guess she dumped the first one. So her children are not only half siblings, but cousins too I think.  It's hard to keep all these people straight, but it does appear that Brad Lockhart has a thing for people named Davis.  Coincidentally, his sister Carey married someone named Davis. This doesn't mean anything in particular, just odd.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1352 on: November 22, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »

I agree.

Janet

I agree with that, too, No Rose.  Whatever they want to do is appropriate for them.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1353 on: November 22, 2009, 10:22:50 PM »

NRCG I think it was just different from the funerals or memorials most have seen. There is no denying this family is very religious. The last preacher even commented that the father had more of a conviction then he and he was surprised at it. What I think people may be feeling, and this is coming from a several people I have had conversations/debates with today, not necessarily my opinion, But her death is being exploited to further a POV as if her life on earth had no meaning. I had one person tell me, as the person who killed her used her body, the religious fanatics are using her soul for their own purpose and she, the little girl was outright ignored her during her funeral. That was extreme but thought I would share.
I think for me, it is not my place to say whether it was too religious or not or if that is right or not as every family does things differently.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1354 on: November 22, 2009, 10:28:13 PM »

On that Wedding Channel site link someone posted it says that Lockhart is going to marry someone named Tyrongella Davis.  Another woman named Davis?  Wonder if she is related to Antoinette.  I recently learned that a good friend's first husband was the cousin of her second husband.  I guess she dumped the first one. So her children are not only half siblings, but cousins too I think.  It's hard to keep all these people straight, but it does appear that Brad Lockhart has a thing for people named Davis.  Coincidentally, his sister Carey married someone named Davis. This doesn't mean anything in particular, just odd.

And extremely confusing!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1355 on: November 22, 2009, 10:36:42 PM »

evening Monkeys....
I am disgusted that the bio mom was mentioned in the obit for this baby... sorry, but I just about puked when I say her name up there, right along with the father...and the Aunt  Carrie was not even mentioned??? the only one who probably did love this child the most...so very very wrong imo...
I have not brought myself to see the funeral yet...

Just to mention, the other night on one of the talk shows, Pat Brown the profiler said that the father  was negligent for allowing this child to be with this mother..,.,so it isn't just Monkeys on here and other people on the boards that think this way...It seems that everyone in Shaniya's family failed this beautiful child...I am so upset about this happening to her...it never should have happened to her...it could have been prevented..and I am just so sad over this..and angry !

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1356 on: November 22, 2009, 10:43:20 PM »

evening Monkeys....
I am disgusted that the bio mom was mentioned in the obit for this baby... sorry, but I just about puked when I say her name up there, right along with the father...and the Aunt  Carrie was not even mentioned??? the only one who probably did love this child the most...so very very wrong imo...

Just to mention, the other night on one of the talk shows, Pat Brown the profiler said that the father  was negligent for allowing this child to be with this mother..,.,so it isn't just Monkeys on here and other people on the boards that think this way...It seems that everyone in Shaniya's family failed this beautiful child...I am so upset about this happening to her...it never should have happened to her...it could have been prevented..and I am just so sad over this..and angry !

Cookie the Aunt read a poem she had writen about her relation with her, it was very touching. You can tell she loved her very much.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1357 on: November 22, 2009, 10:47:05 PM »

evening Monkeys....

Cookie the Aunt read a poem she had writen about her relation with her, it was very touching. You can tell she loved her very much.

no doubt in my mind that she loved her bunches...she is the one person that I can say is sincere in her grief and love for that little girl....so very sad..I wish that she would have had custody of Shaniya..it must pain her very much to have to think about the horror that Shaniya went through...this will haunt her for the rest of her life...she is going to miss Shaniya...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1358 on: November 22, 2009, 10:48:25 PM »

I plan on looking at the funeral tomorrow...I just don't want to see it right before I go to bed...too sad...

I bid you all a pleasant evening ...will talk with you all tomorrow...

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1359 on: November 22, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »

I won't be looking at the funeral at all.  I, too, am disgusted that the mother, who sold this beautiful child into slavery for a drug hit was even mentioned in the obit.
I have to say that looking at all of the pictures of Shaniya, she is always so meticulously dressed and looks so well taken care of.  With the exception of the white picture, where she looks so pretty and I think was in a studio, the background of the pictures shows homes and lawns well taken care of and nice places for Shaniya to be.  I think her aunt Carey is responsible for this and obviously took very, very good care of her.  I think she loved her very much and had no control over Shaniya going to her mother.  If Shaniya's father had knowledge of what went on in that trailer and allowed her to go without a court battle, then he also bears some blame for her fate. But not knowing the whole story, and if it is true that his name was not on Shaniya's birth certificate as the father, I don't think he could control what the so-called mother decided to do with Shaniya.  Courts do favor bio mothers and maybe he thought it would be better to avoid a court battle and let Shaniya visit that dreadful place.  He certainly should have gone inside, if he didn't, and not let Shaniya stay there if he could help it.  There are so many unknowns.  However, we do know who killed her and brutalized her and we know who sold her into that fate.  So for now, I blame those two monsters, Antoinette Davis and Mario Macneil and I hope they get what is coming to them in this world and the next.  As for the others, I'll just wait and see what develops before judging them guilty.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.