March 19, 2024, 01:39:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711891 times)
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1420 on: November 24, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »

Thanks Wyks.  I suspect that obit was written by members of Antoinettes side of the family.

You're welcome, Klaas!  And yes, sure seems like it! 

Ty for your research...that was a job I am sure...now why is the Davis name so popular in this mix...whowas Brad to marry by the last name Davis?

You're welcome, Mymonkey!  Yeppers, it's a job and a half.  Still not done, have been reading thru media interviews etc til my eyes are blurred, lol.  Have read from locals that the Davis name is as common in that area as is Smith/Jones elsewhere.  Same with the McNeil name.  Some of these Davis folks are not related in any way, some perhaps by marriage.  The fun part is figuring em all out.   Brad's former fiance is Tyrongella (Ty) Nekia Judd Davis.  She wasn't 'born' a Davis, she is related to a Davis by marriage, either hers or her mom's.  Her mom is now or has been, a Turner.   

I've been keeping some notes on who's who as well so if I cna help you please let me know.

4getUnot - Awesome!  If you and any other monkey wants to compare notes on this, please email me at Myst_Wyks@yahoo.com .  When we have a list that's as confirmed as possible, we can make a Who's Who thread, then update in there as needed.   

O/T
WYKES, I left you some more smileys on Elizabeth's thread. 

Fanny - On my way!  Thanks, my monkey friend!    

Wyks I'm ready when you are so - you have nanners!!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: November 24, 2009, 08:31:49 AM »

Morning all...
Wyks...that would be awesome if you can compile the list of who is who in Shaniya's family tree...You and a few other monkeys did that for Haleigh Cummings and it was so useful to go back and look at to see who was who in her life...

one thing is bothering me about Brad/Carrie saying that neither of them knew that Shaniya was taken out of her school...Did they specifically say that they did not know that she was unenrolled in her school that she had been attending or did they say that they did not know that she was not attending school while with the bio or both? Cause if they had talked with Shaniya at all in the 5 weeks since she had gone to the bio's, wouldn't they have asked Shaniya about her new school and how she liked it? or asked bio how Shaniya liked her new school? Or did they assume that the bio mom was commuting Shaniya to her old school every morning and picking her up? did they ever ask? I don't even know this bio and I can tell you that she does not appear to be the type of "mom" who would get her butt out of bed every morning to take Shaniya to school...sigh....
I thought that I heard Brad say that he had not talked to Shaniya since she went to live with the bio...that would have been 5 weeks since he had talked with her...and now he will never hear her voice again   Shaniya must have felt so lonely and abandoned...

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1422 on: November 24, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »

Brad on the Today show right now and M. Viera asking him if he thought that in hindsight does he think he might have had some culpability in Shaniya's murder by not checking into egg donor a little more and all he can say is sometimes we make bad decisions.  Bad decision?  Yeah, no, ya think?  I paraphrased all this but that's all I gathered and he threw the Lord's name around again.  Wonder if he was a God fearing man before all this?  I know it's a good thing to find God but I have always had a problem with people who find him AFTER they have done wrong.  Prisoners always find God behind bars!  If He was in their life before maybe they wouldn't have committed a crime.  Feeling Snarky today...too many beautiful children gone and there's bio dad doing the media tour a la Anthony.  What next, a foundation?  Just help and support all those excellent missing and exploited children foundations already in existence.  I'd like to see one parent not get in it for the dough!  I'm going to work before nanners get pitched at me all the way down here in FL!  See ya'll later.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: November 24, 2009, 09:00:22 AM »

Brad on the Today show right now and M. Viera asking him if he thought that in hindsight does he think he might have had some culpability in Shaniya's murder by not checking into egg donor a little more and all he can say is sometimes we make bad decisions.  Bad decision?  Yeah, no, ya think?  I paraphrased all this but that's all I gathered and he threw the Lord's name around again.  Wonder if he was a God fearing man before all this?  I know it's a good thing to find God but I have always had a problem with people who find him AFTER they have done wrong.  Prisoners always find God behind bars!  If He was in their life before maybe they wouldn't have committed a crime.  Feeling Snarky today...too many beautiful children gone and there's bio dad doing the media tour a la Anthony.  What next, a foundation?  Just help and support all those excellent missing and exploited children foundations already in existence.  I'd like to see one parent not get in it for the dough!  I'm going to work before nanners get pitched at me all the way down here in FL!  See ya'll later.

no nanners from me! right there with ya! I also had wondered if Brad was into religion before this happened? if so, he talked the talk but did not walk the walk in my opinion....
I also agree with you about the media tours etc. and  why not contribute any money to the foundations already established as well...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1424 on: November 24, 2009, 09:12:24 AM »

Thanks Wyks.  I suspect that obit was written by members of Antoinettes side of the family.

You're welcome, Klaas!  And yes, sure seems like it! 

Ty for your research...that was a job I am sure...now why is the Davis name so popular in this mix...whowas Brad to marry by the last name Davis?

You're welcome, Mymonkey!  Yeppers, it's a job and a half.  Still not done, have been reading thru media interviews etc til my eyes are blurred, lol.  Have read from locals that the Davis name is as common in that area as is Smith/Jones elsewhere.  Same with the McNeil name.  Some of these Davis folks are not related in any way, some perhaps by marriage.  The fun part is figuring em all out.   Brad's former fiance is Tyrongella (Ty) Nekia Judd Davis.  She wasn't 'born' a Davis, she is related to a Davis by marriage, either hers or her mom's.  Her mom is now or has been, a Turner.   

I've been keeping some notes on who's who as well so if I cna help you please let me know.

4getUnot - Awesome!  If you and any other monkey wants to compare notes on this, please email me at Myst_Wyks@yahoo.com .  When we have a list that's as confirmed as possible, we can make a Who's Who thread, then update in there as needed.   

O/T
WYKES, I left you some more smileys on Elizabeth's thread. 

Fanny - On my way!  Thanks, my monkey friend!    

Goodmorning Monkeys and Guests,

St.Mary's County, Maryland, info on Aunt C. (2003 domestic) it would be tacty to post it before the funeral, so I waited.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1425 on: November 24, 2009, 09:45:29 AM »

I really wish Brad would back away from his tv appearances, he doesn't help himself in the least, imo.
Razzy1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1426 on: November 24, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »

as far as I know, we have never been told who took Shaniya out of her school...for all we know, Brad or Carrie could have taken her out...if Shaniya was going to live with her bio as Brad has stated, then it would make sense for him to have unenrolled Shaniya at her school...jmo...also, I doubt that bio mom would even know what school Shaniya was in let alone getting herself together enough to even think about calling the school to unenroll her...jmo...

also, if Brad's older children both said and knew that bio was into drugs, why wouldn't Brad have known? that doesn't make sense to me...He knew..he is just trying to make it seem that his mistake wasn't as obvious as it was...Not taking away from the fact that bio and MM are the 2 who did the awful thing to Shaniya...Dad has some culpability...he should have checked to see if Shaniya was happy in her new school, how she was adjusting  since her move...it sounded like he had not talked or seen Shaniya since she had gone to live with bio...how does that happen? how could you not be depressed and missing that little girl that you would not want to call her everyday that she wasn't with him? just to hear her little voice...she was only 5 years old... she deserved so much more...

If the school would have notified the parent who enrolled her, or a parent on the emergency list, or called and verified that it was ok that Shaniya was being withdrawn from school this would have never happened. I don't really trust anything that Cheyanne says ( she has a tude with daddy imo), she said devilmom was sweet, smoked weed, and I think she said maybe did coke. How long ago was this? years ago? 1 yr? 4 yrs? How many sweet moms sell their child to be raped and murdered.ICK  Many children live with dads who have to travel alot and have to be away from home alot, many live with the quality time with with dads. From pics I seen, seems Shaniya had quality time with and family. If Brad would have told that devileggdonor no, you can't have her for an extended period of time, wonder how fast she would have ran to court.JMO

Hey Razzy...honestly, if Brad would have told the devileggdonor no, that she couldn't have Shaniya, I don't think that devileggdonor would have done a darn thing...I don't think that she would have taken Brad to court at all...she would have backed down in my opinion...and if she would have taken him to court, then he should have said, bring it on. he could have proven that her home was not fit for Shaniya to be there...he could have shown that he was more able to support Shaniya, he had decent care for Shaniya while he had to travel for work, he had a stable home for this little girl  and on and on...jmo of course....He could have rolled the dice and seen what happened...Shaniya would have had a better chance than she got by him just turning Shaniya over to bio without a fight...my opinion was that he just didn't want to have the day to day  responsibility of a child any longer. None of his children lived with him other than Shaniya...so if she went with bio,,he would have his freedom and not have a child to worry about...Carrie deserved this baby ....she loved her madly...I can feel her connection with her. She will have the worst time getting over this imo....

Good Morning! Brad didn't have day to day responsibilities for Shaniya.  I do believe he did want her to have a relationship with her mother, but I don't believe he was sending her there for good or he would have sent her with more of her clothes, and her favorate personal belongings. Since the devileggdonor seems to be a liar, perhaps she told Brad she didn't have a cell phone and used other peoples cell(even I don't have one) to contact him. Aunt Carey may have left messages with devilmoms family members for Shaniya to call ( just speculation ) I believe if Aunt Carey was really concerned something was wrong(not knowing about school, or hearing from Shaniya) she definitley would have called the police in a NY moment.

It seems to me the school should have asked to see a judgement of custody since she didn't enroll her. Can any parent just walk in a school with a birth certificate and remove a child who doesn't have custody just because their name is on it? As for devilmama going to court I think she would have. Take my word for it rarely do people have to prove anything to a judge, they let a scum of the earth have custody, or unsupervised visitation, then are exempt from lawsuits when they make a wrong decision.JMO
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1427 on: November 24, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »

Morning all...
Wyks...that would be awesome if you can compile the list of who is who in Shaniya's family tree...You and a few other monkeys did that for Haleigh Cummings and it was so useful to go back and look at to see who was who in her life...

one thing is bothering me about Brad/Carrie saying that neither of them knew that Shaniya was taken out of her school...Did they specifically say that they did not know that she was unenrolled in her school that she had been attending or did they say that they did not know that she was not attending school while with the bio or both? Cause if they had talked with Shaniya at all in the 5 weeks since she had gone to the bio's, wouldn't they have asked Shaniya about her new school and how she liked it? or asked bio how Shaniya liked her new school? Or did they assume that the bio mom was commuting Shaniya to her old school every morning and picking her up? did they ever ask? I don't even know this bio and I can tell you that she does not appear to be the type of "mom" who would get her butt out of bed every morning to take Shaniya to school...sigh....
I thought that I heard Brad say that he had not talked to Shaniya since she went to live with the bio...that would have been 5 weeks since he had talked with her...and now he will never hear her voice again   Shaniya must have felt so lonely and abandoned...

It seems to me that the school would have called when Shaniya missed school.  My children's school did that.
Maybe Carey told the school that Shaniya had gone to live with her mother.
I remember reading somewhere that there was a meeting scheduled on Wednesday, Nov12, to see why Shaniya
was not enrolled in school.  Kindergarten is mandatory in NC if the child is 5 by Sept 1st.

Brad makes me sick.  I think he should be charged with child neglect at the least.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1428 on: November 24, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »

JMO I am just gonna throw this out there. I know for a fact that in the state of Ohio if a parentage DNA test is done and no father is listed on the birth certificate, then if that test comes back and shows that man A is the father then his name is put on the birth certificate. Could Brad not have been the father of Shaniya? Could he be afraid of Shinaya being taken away from him for good by AD? Remember this was just suppose to have been a one time thing and AD was reportedly rather loose with her goods. It just seems rather strange that Brad or Carrie either one could have registered her in school as legally neither of them were relatives. I personally think that if AD went into the school and said this is my daughter, his name is not on the birth certificate she could have done about anything that she wanted.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1429 on: November 24, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »

There are a lot of lessons to be learned from Shaniya's death. I hope they don't fall short or on deaf ears because people don't want to see what could have been done to prevent this. The dad screwed up first by not taking this woman to court to gain full custody and 2nd by not doing his due diligance in checking out this situation.

Does anyone recall Aunt Carrie said the mom called (so there is proof there was a phone) and said she would not see Shaniya again? I want to know what happened after that? Was this told to the dad and if so what did he do about it? Did he try to contact her?

In regards to school. I don't think the aunt or the dad could have signed Shaniya up for school without the mom signing since they didn't have legal guardianship. This makes sense that she could just dis-enroll her.

He said he made a mistake? A bad decision? Ok, yeah considering the child is dead I suppose you can say he made a bad decision but I think it started a long time ago.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: November 24, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »

Considering Carey Lockhart-Davis was the designated guardian of Shaniya ... I would have assumed that she would have been contacted the first day that Shaniya did not turn up to kindergarden.

My youngest son and wife are teachers in the public school system in our district.  Two of my grandkids attend an independent school  In both systems ... there is a protocol in regards to students who are absent. 

1.  Parents/guardians are required to phone in prior to the beginning of class if the child in their care will not be attending school that day.
2.  Taking attendance is the first thing on the morning agenda for teachers.
3.  Absentee students are listed and ... the list is sent to the office.
4.  The list is then compared with the list of phoned-in absentee students.
5.  The caregiver of any absentee student who was not been reported absent is then contacted.

Considering Carey did not know that Shaniyia was not attending kindergarten ... she may have assumed that AD had enrolled her in a kindergarten class locally.

If Carey had contacted Shaniya once in that five week period and inquired about the little girl's activities ... the truth would have been revealed.

Janet

++++++

Questions swirl after girl's body discovered
Police have mother in custody on sex-trafficking and abuse charges, but aren't detailing suspicions.
Posted: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2009

Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs ...

Last Tuesday, Lockhart rang his sister with bizarre news. A neighbor called him to say that police were looking for Shaniya.

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/1060102.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: November 24, 2009, 01:18:36 PM »

The following quote of Carey Lockart-Davis speaks volumes to me.  Why was there no contact with her niece for almost five weeks?  The father did not talk to his little girl in that five week period she was with her mother.  Shanyia's siblings  ... who have express concerns regarding AD's life style on Nancy Grace ... did not talk to their sister in that five week period.   Something is not right with the family dynamics.

When AD informed Carey that she was not sending Shaniya back to her after a two day visit ... I assume Brad was contacted and ... Carey was told to let it be.  However ... I cannot comprehend why Carey never took over Shaniya's clothes and belongings that would be required for an extended stay?

There are so many aspects of the Shaniya story that does not make sense.

Janet

++++++

Nancy Grace - November 17, 2009

CAREY LOCKHART-DAVIS, SHANIYA DAVIS` AUNT: The last time I saw Shaniya was four weeks ago on a Friday. I went to visit her mother. I packed her with two days` worth of clothes. I got her out of the car, and I kissed her good-bye, and I told her to be a good girl. She turned back to me and said, "I love you, Aunt Carey, and see you later."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/17/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1432 on: November 24, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/34124816#34124816

Video from the todays shows interview.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1433 on: November 24, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »

Janet I agree there are pieces missing in this story. In the interview I posted from the today show the dad says when he said good-bye to Shaniya on 10/2 he told her to be a good girl and call him every night.

So was she calling him every night and if she wasn't did this worry him?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: November 24, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »

Brad was on the Today show...he said that he didn't really see/miss any red flags about the bio mom.. and Meredith asked him about Carrie's having concerns about the bio mom...Brad says that Carrie had not expressed that to him and that Carrie's concerns were probably not that bad or she would have mentioned it to him...   <<<< again! He last talked to Shaniya on October 2nd..about 7-8 days later she went to live with the bio...what happened in those 7-8 days that he decided to give her to the bio? I still say that Brad wanted to be done with his responsibility for awhile with Shaniya...he is engaged now, works out of town and he wanted to be more carefree....where does the fiancee live at? out of town? he appeared on the show with his attorney...Maybe he is going to be charged with something as well...like neglect...jmo

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1435 on: November 24, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »

Janet I agree there are pieces missing in this story. In the interview I posted from the today show the dad says when he said good-bye to Shaniya on 10/2 he told her to be a good girl and call him every night.

So was she calling him every night and if she wasn't did this worry him?

Tracygirl...too funny! you were posting this info the same time that I was...glad that you provided the clip for others to see, just in case my typing it out from memory wasn't spot on...
there definitely are pieces to this story missing!!! totally agree!  He said that October 2nd was the LAST time that he had spoken with Shaniya if I recall so that would mean that he/she had not spoken by phone imo....

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1436 on: November 24, 2009, 01:29:03 PM »

Brad was on the Today show...he said that he didn't really see/miss any red flags about the bio mom.. and Meredith asked him about Carrie's having concerns about the bio mom...Brad says that Carrie had not expressed that to him and that Carrie's concerns were probably not that bad or she would have mentioned it to him...   <<<< again! He last talked to Shaniya on October 2nd..about 7-8 days later she went to live with the bio...what happened in those 7-8 days that he decided to give her to the bio? I still say that Brad wanted to be done with his responsibility for awhile with Shaniya...he is engaged now, works out of town and he wanted to be more carefree....where does the fiancee live at? out of town? he appeared on the show with his attorney...Maybe he is going to be charged with something as well...like neglect...jmo

You know what he did in that interview? He made it clear that the aunt was not responsible for Shaniya by admitting she allowed him to make the decisions for his daughter.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: November 24, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »

You know what he did in that interview? He made it clear that the aunt was not responsible for Shaniya by admitting she allowed him to make the decisions for his daughter.

Yes! he did, didn't he!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1438 on: November 24, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »

Yes and then he went on to say that we make decisions and others with bad intentions get in the way...First he takes responsibility and then he throws it out.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: November 24, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »

snip from Razzy's post above to avoid stacking posts:

Good Morning! Brad didn't have day to day responsibilities for Shaniya.  I do believe he did want her to have a relationship with her mother, but I don't believe he was sending her there for good or he would have sent her with more of her clothes, and her favorate personal belongings. Since the devileggdonor seems to be a liar, perhaps she told Brad she didn't have a cell phone and used other peoples cell(even I don't have one) to contact him. Aunt Carey may have left messages with devilmoms family members for Shaniya to call ( just speculation ) I believe if Aunt Carey was really concerned something was wrong(not knowing about school, or hearing from Shaniya) she definitley would have called the police in a NY moment.

Jazzy...Brad has said himself that he was letting Shaniya go live with the bio so that she could have a chance to be a mother..and just to add, he had not spoken to Shaniya since he dropped her off at aunt Carries house on October 2nd...7-8 days later, she was sent over to bio's house while Brad was still out of town...Carrie took her...what happened in those 7-8 days for Brad to decide to send her over to bio's mom when she was perfectly fine with Carrie? ...couldn't it have waited till he got back into town? what was the big hurry to get her over to the bio's house?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.