March 18, 2024, 11:08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711842 times)
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1580 on: November 27, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »

o/t but just goes to show how close you have to keep your kids these days
http://www.telegram.com/article/20091125/NEWS/911259988/1116

Thanks Penny, I found this too be very interesting especially because of the last name, it could belong over in Sandra Cantu's thread.

Klass Do you think this should alos be posted on Sandra's thread.  Note the offender's last name.
what? why? i don't get it...

In Sandra's case a Timothy Lawless was arrested about the same time Melissa Huckaby was and had similar horrible charges against him.  A thread was started to see if those two were related.  There is a lot of research done over there.  The last name of the offender in the article you found had come up numerous times over there.  If you look the last thread in Sandra's case it may explain better than I can.
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1581 on: November 27, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

o/t but just goes to show how close you have to keep your kids these days
http://www.telegram.com/article/20091125/NEWS/911259988/1116

Thanks Penny, I found this too be very interesting especially because of the last name, it could belong over in Sandra Cantu's thread.

Klass Do you think this should alos be posted on Sandra's thread.  Note the offender's last name.
what? why? i don't get it...

In Sandra's case a Timothy Lawless was arrested about the same time Melissa Huckaby was and had similar horrible charges against him.  A thread was started to see if those two were related.  There is a lot of research done over there.  The last name of the offender in the article you found had come up numerous times over there.  If you look the last thread in Sandra's case it may explain better than I can.
okay gotcha...
although gomes is like a hispanic smith and worcester mass is clear across the country from sandra
i had just posted it as an example of no matter how careful you think you are it is never enough when people have a more sinister plan that involves your child.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1582 on: November 27, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

Shaq Pays for Funeral of NC GirlAP
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (Nov. 26) Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal paid for the funeral of a 5-year-old North Carolina girl after being moved by national news coverage of the case of Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped and killed.
The Cleveland Cavaliers player was touched by the stories he saw and got in touch with the family to see what he could do to help, a spokeswoman for O'Neal said Thursday.
More than 2,000 people attended the girl's funeral Sunday. Her body was found Nov. 16 beside a rural road.
Her mother, Antionette Davis, who had reported the child missing six days earlier, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution. Mario McNeill is charged with murder, rape and kidnapping in the case.
``I was sitting at home watching it on the news and the story brought a tear to my eye,'' O'Neal told The Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper.
Corey Breece, of Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, which handled the service, declined to tell the Fayetteville ******* newspaper how much it cost but added that a child's funeral ``averages around $4,500.''
A man who answered the phone at the funeral home Thursday told the AP that only the owner could comment and that he was away.
Shaniya Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, and his family had set up a trust fund in memory of Shaniya to help raise money to pay for the funeral. Lockhart was not available to talk Thursday, said a man who answered the phone at his home.
O'Neal is recovering from a shoulder injury that has sidelined him for six straight games since getting hurt Nov. 12 against Miami.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1583 on: November 27, 2009, 09:50:58 PM »

I haven't seen this posted yet.  It's a video by the police chief.  My POS internet service that goes slower than a hamster in a wheel, is refusing to load it.  Anyone want to watch and give the run down on it?  Thanks in advance!    

Fayetteville police chief reflects on month

Wednesday - 4:06pm

Fayetteville police continue to follow up on leads in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis, Chief Tom Bergamine said Wednesday.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6497955/

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1584 on: November 27, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »

I haven't seen this posted yet.  It's a video by the police chief.  My POS internet service that goes slower than a hamster in a wheel, is refusing to load it.  Anyone want to watch and give the run down on it?  Thanks in advance!    

Fayetteville police continue to follow up on leads in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis, Chief Tom Bergamine said Wednesday.

Watched the video and I like the chief!!

Does not expect any more suspects to be arrested, but they are getting lots of tips and are following up
on all the leads that they get.
Reporter asked if there would be additional charges anainst AD.  Chief said:  No comment
The chief said that even hardened police officers have had a hard time dealing with the charges against AD.
Chief is proud of all of the law enforcement bodies involved.  All have worked together to help solve the case.
Reporter asked the chief if they ever considered putting Antoinette on TV to appeal to the public for the
safe return of Shaniya.  Chief got a sly grin on his face and said: NO!
Reporter asked about Shaniya not being in school.....chief said that is all part of the investigation.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1585 on: November 28, 2009, 07:21:10 AM »

http://www.afro.com/tabId/551/itemId/5405/Father-of-Slain-NC-Girl-Speaks-Out.aspx

Father of Slain N.C. Girl Speaks Out
Last Updated Nov 2009
Printer Friendly Version

By AFRO Staff
(November 27, 2009) - The father of a five-year-old North Carolina deeply regrets his decision to send the child to live with her mother, according to an Associated Press report.

Bradley Lockhart sent his daughter, Shaniya Davis, to live with her mother in early October just before leaving for an out-of-state business trip. Antoinette Davis reported her daughter missing on Nov. 10.

But police have charged Davis with prostituting the child, and Lockhart believes she was trafficked to settle one of her mother’s drug debts, according to ABC News. Police believe Shaniya Davis was raped and killed the same day she went missing.

“We obviously make decisions in life that sometimes have repercussions or adverse situations that drift from our decision,” Lockhart told the AP. “We just have to continue to believe in God and hope that our decisions are the correct ones.”

One of Davis’ acquaintances, Mario McNeill, is charged with the murder, rape, and kidnapping of the 5-year-old girl.

Lockhart said he had no reason to believe Shaniya wouldn’t be safe with her mother.

“I don’t think I really missed any [warning signs],” Lockhart said. “Of course there’s always speculation. There are always things you could look at and say, well maybe, maybe not.”

The North Carolina Child Fatality Task Force will review their records on Davis, who also has a seven-year-old son and is currently pregnant with another child.

“This is a family that was already known to social service workers down there,” task force co-chairman Tom Vitaglione said. “[The workers] are all very distraught about the whole thing.”
The task force will determine when local social services workers first contacted the family, the status of their case in that system and whether proper procedures were followed.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1586 on: November 28, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

Does not expect any more suspects to be arrested, but they are getting lots of tips and are following up
Reporter asked if there would be additional charges anainst AD.  Chief said:  No comment
The chief said that even hardened police officers have had a hard time dealing with the charges against AD.
Chief is proud of all of the law enforcement bodies involved.  All have worked together to help solve the case.
Reporter asked the chief if they ever considered putting Antoinette on TV to appeal to the public for the
Reporter asked about Shaniya not being in school.....chief said that is all part of the investigation.

Thanks Magnolia!  Wonder what kind of tips they are getting?  Sounds like Shaniya stole the hearts of LE as well!  I saw the reporter for HLN when they found her, had tears in his eyes. 
Thanks again for letting us know what was on this video!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1587 on: November 29, 2009, 12:18:45 AM »

Thanks Magnolia!  Wonder what kind of tips they are getting?  Sounds like Shaniya stole the hearts of LE as well!  I saw the reporter for HLN when they found her, had tears in his eyes. 
Thanks again for letting us know what was on this video!   

The Chief did not elaborate on what kind of tips, but he did say they have come in from tip lines
and Crime Watch.
He made it seem like they knew what had happened to Shaniya after just a few hours.
It seems that all of the different law enforcement groups have worked closely together on
the case because Shaniya did touch their hearts.
Seems like LE there thinks the same about the people involved as most Monkeys do.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1588 on: November 29, 2009, 09:04:32 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

This case just continues to rip my heart. I understand the reasons, but I wish that LE would answer more questions.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1589 on: November 29, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=1164
Shaniya Davis investigation causes state of North Carolina to review DSS contact with Antoinette Davis
Posted by Melissa Finlay  On November - 28 - 2009
Shaniya Davis investigation causes state of North Carolina to review DSS contact with Antoinette Davis

The Shaniya Davis investigation focuses on contact that DSS had with the slain girl’s family. The little five-year-old went missing from her Fayetteville, North Carolina home on November 10, 2009. Her body was discovered in a wooded area on November 16, 2009. Shaniya Davis had been raped and asphyxiated and Mario McNeill has been charged with her kidnapping, rape, and murder. However, her mother, Antoinette Davis faces charges that she sold her daughter into prostitution. Now, DSS wants to see how they missed signs that Antoinette Davis was an unfit mother.

According to reports, DSs had previously investigated Antoinette Davis regarding her care for her seven year old son. The case was closed and Antoinette was allowed to keep custody of her son. Though DSS officials refuse to comment publicly on the case as it is an ongoing criminal investigation, they have stated that are going to review all DSS contact with Antoinette Davis and will provide those results to the North Carolina Child Fatality Task Force. The North Carolina Child Fatality Task Force documents child deaths in the state of Florida then makes appropriate recommendations based upon the findings. The information is used to create laws that help protect children.
Though Mario McNeill has been arrested and charged, as well as Shaniya Davis’ mother Antoinette Davis, the investigation continues and authorities continue to follow up on leads in the case. The case will be prosecuted through Cumberland County, North Carolina and authorities are working to ensure that they leave no stone unturned.

Shaniya Davis’ father is scheduled to have a one on one interview with HLN’s Nancy Grace on Monday, November 30, 2009.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1590 on: November 29, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1591 on: November 29, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »

Levi Page Show.11/29/2009 10:00 PM     

It Happens Every Day: Inside the World of a Sex Crimes D. A." Robin will also give the prosecutors perspective on the explosive crime stories in the news, including the Shaniya Davis & Caylee Anthony cases.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2009/11/30/inside-the-life-of-a-sex-crimes-da
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: November 30, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »

Brad Lockhart is on Nancy Grace (HLN) right now.

Janet
5:05 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1593 on: November 30, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »

Brad Lockhart is on Nancy Grace (HLN) right now.

Janet
5:05 PM PT

what was said? I missed it I guess cause they are talking about Tiger Woods now...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1594 on: November 30, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »

Brad is on the show now..not really saying too much...NG is blubbering all over him..not asking him any hard questions so far...he seems to be coping well...is now talking with others in trying to stop child trafficking...

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1595 on: November 30, 2009, 09:03:57 PM »

I think Brad is suffering plenty without being attacked... JMO.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1596 on: November 30, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »

OT please ignore as I am testing how to do this stuff 

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1597 on: November 30, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »

attacked by whom?

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1598 on: November 30, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »

attacked by whom?

By Nancy Grace is what I meant....... 

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1599 on: December 01, 2009, 09:43:31 AM »

O/t but I posted in luke finch thread. I just found out that the coast guard found him in the water. That is all the email said. It came from wesh I just don't get why just someone tell me why?  Jeez
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.