March 18, 2024, 10:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711829 times)
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1600 on: December 01, 2009, 09:49:20 AM »

Wait a minute. I am sorry he may be ok. It says that he was found did not say dead or alive. So sorry. I feel like a dummy
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1601 on: December 01, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »

I think Brad is suffering plenty without being attacked... JMO.

I think she was very rude to Brads attorney (Freed?). That little crack: "You're a very good lawyer because you change your subjects", was uncalled for. I like what NG stands for, but she has a LOT of misguided anger...
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1602 on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »

O/t but I posted in luke finch thread. I just found out that the coast guard found him in the water. That is all the email said. It came from wesh I just don't get why just someone tell me why?  Jeez

Here's Luke's thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6586.new#new

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1603 on: December 01, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »

I think she was very rude to Brads attorney (Freed?). That little crack: "You're a very good lawyer because you change your subjects", was uncalled for. I like what NG stands for, but she has a LOT of misguided anger...

I agree about NG.  Seems she gets worse as time goes by.  Am thinking it's long past time for her to bow out of that show, get a replacement (Mike Brooks etc), and get herself into some much needed therapy.  IMO.

Hmmm.. Brad's attorney is Freed?  Somer Thompson's mom has an attorney with that last name too.     Very weird if it's the same attorney, considering they aren't even in the same state! 

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1604 on: December 01, 2009, 11:43:56 AM »

Shaq Pays for Funeral of NC GirlAP
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (Nov. 26) Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal paid for the funeral of a 5-year-old North Carolina girl after being moved by national news coverage of the case of Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped and killed.
The Cleveland Cavaliers player was touched by the stories he saw and got in touch with the family to see what he could do to help, a spokeswoman for O'Neal said Thursday.
More than 2,000 people attended the girl's funeral Sunday. Her body was found Nov. 16 beside a rural road.
Her mother, Antionette Davis, who had reported the child missing six days earlier, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution. Mario McNeill is charged with murder, rape and kidnapping in the case.
``I was sitting at home watching it on the news and the story brought a tear to my eye,'' O'Neal told The Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper.
Corey Breece, of Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, which handled the service, declined to tell the Fayetteville ******* newspaper how much it cost but added that a child's funeral ``averages around $4,500.''
A man who answered the phone at the funeral home Thursday told the AP that only the owner could comment and that he was away.
Shaniya Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, and his family had set up a trust fund in memory of Shaniya to help raise money to pay for the funeral. Lockhart was not available to talk Thursday, said a man who answered the phone at his home.
O'Neal is recovering from a shoulder injury that has sidelined him for six straight games since getting hurt Nov. 12 against Miami.

Hi everyone, just catching up on all the threads after being awol for the holiday.
It was a  generous gesture for O'Neal to pay for the funeral but I sure don't see why the family accepted or even asked for donations. Might be petty of me but the house, cars and look of dad's lifestyle didn't appear to be one of being the least bit needy. Sometimes these tragedies seem to confuse me. Shaniyas dad is sort of a victim in a sense (and I don't want to start the dad debate again) BUT, ultimately he didn't see or check for her well being, it seems like paying for her funeral should have been his responsibility, he isn't living near the poverty line. oh well, guess it's not the real issue, making sure that the rapists/pimps/killers pay for the crime is. Shaniya deserves that.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1605 on: December 01, 2009, 02:54:35 PM »

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (Nov. 26) Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal paid for the funeral of a 5-year-old North Carolina girl after being moved by national news coverage of the case of Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped and killed.
The Cleveland Cavaliers player was touched by the stories he saw and got in touch with the family to see what he could do to help, a spokeswoman for O'Neal said Thursday.
More than 2,000 people attended the girl's funeral Sunday. Her body was found Nov. 16 beside a rural road.
Her mother, Antionette Davis, who had reported the child missing six days earlier, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution. Mario McNeill is charged with murder, rape and kidnapping in the case.
``I was sitting at home watching it on the news and the story brought a tear to my eye,'' O'Neal told The Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper.
Corey Breece, of Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, which handled the service, declined to tell the Fayetteville ******* newspaper how much it cost but added that a child's funeral ``averages around $4,500.''
A man who answered the phone at the funeral home Thursday told the AP that only the owner could comment and that he was away.
Shaniya Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, and his family had set up a trust fund in memory of Shaniya to help raise money to pay for the funeral. Lockhart was not available to talk Thursday, said a man who answered the phone at his home.
O'Neal is recovering from a shoulder injury that has sidelined him for six straight games since getting hurt Nov. 12 against Miami.

Hi everyone, just catching up on all the threads after being awol for the holiday.
It was a  generous gesture for O'Neal to pay for the funeral but I sure don't see why the family accepted or even asked for donations. Might be petty of me but the house, cars and look of dad's lifestyle didn't appear to be one of being the least bit needy. Sometimes these tragedies seem to confuse me. Shaniyas dad is sort of a victim in a sense (and I don't want to start the dad debate again) BUT, ultimately he didn't see or check for her well being, it seems like paying for her funeral should have been his responsibility, he isn't living near the poverty line. oh well, guess it's not the real issue, making sure that the rapists/pimps/killers pay for the crime is. Shaniya deserves that.

mizjay...I agree.. don't know why this family had asked for donations...I had kindof thought at the time that by Brad paying for her final resting place would be something that her family would want to do for her....but I guess if Shaq really wanted to do it for Shaniya, how could the family turn him down? hopefully Brad and his family will pay it forward and help another child's family out who might need it....

Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1606 on: December 01, 2009, 03:07:39 PM »

I agree about NG.  Seems she gets worse as time goes by.  Am thinking it's long past time for her to bow out of that show, get a replacement (Mike Brooks etc), and get herself into some much needed therapy.  IMO.

Hmmm.. Brad's attorney is Freed?  Somer Thompson's mom has an attorney with that last name too.     Very weird if it's the same attorney, considering they aren't even in the same state! 

I didn't realize- he's the same guy- Mike Freed.

Diena & Freed on 'Today'
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33881227#33881227

^ Skip to 2:48

Brad & Freed on NG

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2009/12/01/ng.father.speaks.cnn.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1607 on: December 01, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »

wonder if Somer's mom reached out to Brad when Shaniya was found and things sortof went from there about the attorneys? talking, exchanging support for one another....

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1608 on: December 01, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »

mizjay...I agree.. don't know why this family had asked for donations...I had kindof thought at the time that by Brad paying for her final resting place would be something that her family would want to do for her....but I guess if Shaq really wanted to do it for Shaniya, how could the family turn him down? hopefully Brad and his family will pay it forward and help another child's family out who might need it....

COOKIE   Well, I would tend to agree that Shaq's offer to kindly relieve them of that burden would be hard to refuse but IIRC the fund was already set up before his help was given. I don't know why it irritates me, I was one of the big dad supporters in the beginning but somehow I feel like it exploits her death by becoming financially needy after your child has been murdered when prior to that the family appeared to live very comfortably. Especially when Shaniya's death would most likely not happened had there been more concern for the situation she was delivered into, personally I would've felt so much responsibility for it, as my terrible final parental act to her I would want to pay for her services.
So, I guess I'll try to let it quit annoying me and hope like you said they'll pay it forward for somebody else in need.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1609 on: December 01, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »

mizjay's post:

COOKIE   Well, I would tend to agree that Shaq's offer to kindly relieve them of that burden would be hard to refuse but IIRC the fund was already set up before his help was given. I don't know why it irritates me, I was one of the big dad supporters in the beginning but somehow I feel like it exploits her death by becoming financially needy after your child has been murdered when prior to that the family appeared to live very comfortably. Especially when Shaniya's death would most likely not happened had there been more concern for the situation she was delivered into, personally I would've felt so much responsibility for it, as my terrible final parental act to her I would want to pay for her services.
So, I guess I'll try to let it quit annoying me and hope like you said they'll pay it forward for somebody else in need.

mizjay...I totally get you and what you are feeling and saying...a lot of my own feelings expressed by you...

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1610 on: December 01, 2009, 04:23:47 PM »

Thank you for saying what I didn't have the courage to say...I think the least daddy could do was pay for his little girls funeral expenses, no fund was needed IMO.  If he had done his job in the first place he wouldn't be begging for cash now..It isn't like he is even close to being needy unless it's the need to get in front of a camera and perform. Can't believe people feel sorry for him. If this was a mother she would have been pilloried. Why is everyone giving him a free pass. He needs to own up to his neglect. As for Shaq, he is and always will be a very gracious human being.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1611 on: December 01, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »

MIKI      At this point in the tragedy that should never have happened in the first place, i totally agree with you. He should man up and accept his responsibility and his culpability
for what happened. I would respect him for owning up to his poor choice, I would feel sympathy for his anguishing guilt, I would know that he recognized his failure but it rings hollow to me all this talk of forgiveness and being such a big hearted fellow to want to give Antoinette a crack (pun intended) at being a mother.
I would be crazy with guilt and anger.  Maybe when the camera isn't rolling he feels that way or he has mastered all of these hateful impulses that I would have??  I do admire peaceful, turn the other cheek folks but in a situation like this I don't understand it. I don't want to come across like a heathen or anything but ....

Question~ why does Brad appear with a lawyer now? I've kinda stopped watching NG, my heathen impulses make me want to smack her sometimes.     
annemarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1612 on: December 01, 2009, 06:13:32 PM »

The lawyer is from Jacksonville Fla, I think...
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1613 on: December 01, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »

Annemarie - Thanks!  Seems weird to me that Brad got an atty from so far away from him.  And for that matter, weird that he got an atty from anywhere.  IMO.   

Justagirl - Thanks for finding those links!  So it is the same atty.  Hmmm..  Am wondering what the heck he needs an atty for. 

Cookie - Could be what you are wondering, perhaps Somer's did contact Brad.  Seem to remember something like that in the media, her offering support to him or some such.   It just surprises me that anyone who hasn't been accused of breaking the law would hire an atty. 

But I live under a rock anyway, what do I know.. 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1614 on: December 01, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »

Annemarie - Thanks!  Seems weird to me that Brad got an atty from so far away from him.  And for that matter, weird that he got an atty from anywhere.  IMO.   

Justagirl - Thanks for finding those links!  So it is the same atty.  Hmmm..  Am wondering what the heck he needs an atty for. 

Cookie - Could be what you are wondering, perhaps Somer's did contact Brad.  Seem to remember something like that in the media, her offering support to him or some such.   It just surprises me that anyone who hasn't been accused of breaking the law would hire an atty. 
But I live under a rock anyway, what do I know.. 

Media representative, maybe?

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1615 on: December 02, 2009, 12:03:22 AM »

I think media representative is probably most likely.  To make sure he doesn't say anything that could be misconstrued to the media?  He is not a public speaker and the public will take the least thing said incorrectly and jump all over it!!  Before you know it.... everything is blown out of proportion.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1616 on: December 02, 2009, 07:19:38 PM »

::MonkeyMad::Common sense tells me that if a man is going to be a serious father he would do the right thing from the beginning , such as, putting his name on the birth certificate, getting legal custody or at least a legal agreement between  mom and dad.  IMO there is no real reason as to why he would not have put her in Carey's custody. That would have been the best choice for HER.... unless he didn't want to be legally responsible for his child.  ::MonkeyMad::I too feel Carey will turn on Brad. His motive for letting Shaniya go to AD instead of other family members is suspect. I am implying that  he may have been thinking  only of HIMSELF when he made this "bad decision" and no more. Shocked
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1617 on: December 02, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »

::MonkeyMad::Common sense tells me that if a man is going to be a serious father he would do the right thing from the beginning , such as, putting his name on the birth certificate, getting legal custody or at least a legal agreement between  mom and dad.  IMO there is no real reason as to why he would not have put her in Carey's custody. That would have been the best choice for HER.... unless he didn't want to be legally responsible for his child.  ::MonkeyMad::I too feel Carey will turn on Brad. His motive for letting Shaniya go to AD instead of other family members is suspect. I am implying that  he may have been thinking  only of HIMSELF when he made this "bad decision" and no more. Shocked

yeppers....agreed....
Carey has probably already turned on him...jmo..

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1618 on: December 02, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »

I think media representative is probably most likely.  To make sure he doesn't say anything that could be misconstrued to the media?  He is not a public speaker and the public will take the least thing said incorrectly and jump all over it!!  Before you know it.... everything is blown out of proportion.

I think he has an attorney to broker the best deals.  I think Brad is out to make a buck anyway he can.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1619 on: December 03, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »

I think he has an attorney to broker the best deals.  I think Brad is out to make a buck anyway he can.
It does seem interesting/vulgar that the latest trend for parents of murdered children is to "join the club nobody wants to sign up for" and then set out on a media blitz. What happened to dignity and healing privately from the most traumatic event possible? It appears all of them strive to be the next John Walsh, not realizing that his respect and fame as a child advocate has come through years of dedication, first to find his son's murderer and then to help others.  The story of Tim Miller is a good example also. Grief and determination set him on a  life course , yes he does have some national recognition but BECAUSE of his tireless, selfless work, not because he goes and blabs it up on every talk shows couch.
As we've seen with the likes of the Anthonys, some see the huge goldmine that is easy to tap into because people are horrified about the mayhem that's going on and generously donate. Other's may rationalize that talking about their tragedy will help prevent another, but in this particular case, the prevention was as clear as day and solely on Lockhart's shoulders.   As always JMO.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.