March 18, 2024, 10:56:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711838 times)
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1720 on: December 10, 2009, 01:22:50 PM »

Shaniya Davis Case Update: Mario McNeill Dec. 9 court appearance, future date has been set
December 9, 1:20 PM Loretta Arnold

Dec. 9, 2009 - The new information surrounding Mario McNeill's court appearance brings Mario McNeill back into the spotlight.  In today's news Mario McNeill is closer to his verdict.  With new dates set the trial of murdered Shaniya Davis is right around the bend.

Mario McNeill has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and first-degree murder in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Mario McNeill will return to court on January 20, 2010 surrounding the kidnapping charges.  The criminal division on the Cumberland County Courthouse has updated their system this afternoon offering details on the next date Mario McNeill will appear over the rape and murder charges.  That court date will be January 27, 2010 in courtroom 2B at the Cumberland County Courthouse.

Antoinette Davis is currently located in the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women, just 2.44 miles from where Mario McNeill is located.  Mario McNeill remains in Raleigh's Central Prison.

On December 3rd Davis requested for a motion to continue.  That next court date will be on January 18, 2010 also in courtroom 2B.  A process for felony offenders to travel through when requesting a motion to continue depends upon the court's panel.

It's a legal waiting game that is necessary.

5-year-old Shaniya Davis was reported missing by her biological mother Antoinette Davis.  A week later Shaniya Davis was found dead in a wooded area off of Walker Road in Lee County.  The authorities closed in on Antoinette Davis and Mario McNeill before the young North Carolina girls had been found.

The Fayetteville Police Department charged Antoinette Davis with human trafficking, felony child abuse involving prostitution, filing a false police report and interfering with an investigation resulting in two felonies and two misdemeanors.

Mario McNeill was first charged with first-degree kidnapping.  However, after Shaniya Davis was found the autopsy proved a swift change in charges.  Mario McNeill was then charged with first-degree rape and first-degree murder to add to the first-degree kidnapping charge.

Shaniya Davis will always be remembered as a shy fun loving little girl.  Question is, will Antoinette Davis receive the 25 plus years in prison for handing over Shaniya Davis to Mario McNeill contributing to Shaniya's death?  Will Mario McNeill receive life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death penalty?

Stay tuned for more on the latest developments, Mario McNeill updates, and Antoinette Davis updates surrounding the Shaniya Davis case.

As for the upcoming court dates for Mario McNeill and Antoinette Davis the world is watching in a waiting game of verdicts.

http://www.examiner.com/x-17800-Raleigh-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d9-Shaniya-Davis-Update--Mario-McNeill-Dec-9-court-appearance
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1721 on: December 10, 2009, 01:32:40 PM »

Seems to me there alot of question regarding North Carolina's Dept of Children Services..Im going to give a couple of links here for reading if you would like....the first is from the examiner, I posted yesterday, but if you look to the right and down for blogs you will see a list of stories:

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m12d7-DA-and-Police-Department-ask-the-SBI-to-investigate-Cumberland-County-DSS

This particular link is for another case in North Carolina....
http://stopcorruptdss.wordpress.com/

In our country we are having a problem with DSS, DCS or whatever the agency is called in certain areas of the US.  From outsourcing, to being just overworked, to who cares...to who knows what else.  I could say alot more but it would be just opinion...but we have a real problem.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1722 on: December 10, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »

Here is another article from Bill Kirby, In my opinion he will stay on this case and fight for Shaniya and all other children:

Published: 07:52 AM, Wed Dec 09, 2009
Red flags prompt closer look at DSSBill Kirby

Tom Bergamine has raised a red flag. He's the city police chief.

So has Ed Grannis. He's the county district attorney.

They are concerned about whether the Cumberland County Department of Social Services isfullycooperating with police in the investigation of slain 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

"Based upon the information provided to me and my senior staff by the Fayetteville Police Department concerning these issues," Grannis writes to County Manager James Martin, "I share their concern, and I have requested the assistance of the SBI to assist us in this regard."

Brenda Jackson is director of the Social Services agency that a family member of Antoinette Davis says previously investigated Davis with regard to her 7-year-old son.

Davis is the mother, too, of Shaniya, who was allegedly abducted Nov. 10 from her home in the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park and found six days later raped and asphyxiated in Lee County.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, is charged with kidnapping, rape and murder in the case. Antoinette Davis, 25, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

Jackson has been tight-lipped about her agency's investigative involvement with the mother, citing confidentiality restrictions. She said earlier that her agency was assisting Fayetteville police in the case.

Evidently, the chief and his investigators do not believe Jackson and her agency are cooperating, or cooperating as they should. Neither does the district attorney.

That's your red flag, Mrs. Jackson.

That's why Grannis has called in the State Bureau of Investigation.

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but when it comes to neglect or abused children, this is a zero-tolerance district attorney with zero-tolerance assistants, notably Margaret "Buntie" Russ, by his side.

The death of a Spring Lake child in March 2006, and that town's poor police investigation of the case, is what prompted Grannis' role in the ultimate demise and reconstruction of the Spring Lake Police Department.

Apparently, Grannis got the attention Monday of Jackson and Chet Oehme, the Social Services board chairman, as well as county commissioners.

Jacksonnow"will see that DSS personnel fully cooperate with the authorities in resolving this matter," we learn through Sally Shutt, a county spokeswoman.

Well and good, but this is about the abduction, rape and murder of a child who was brutally violated, her breath constricted out of her fragile 40-pound body.

I expect to hear from the Social Services director and just how her agency will cooperate with investigators. Chet Oehme and DSS board members Lyn Green, George Hendricks, Mary Deyampert-McCall and Marvin Rouse and county commissioners should expect as much.

We all can respect confidentiality in child abuse cases, but we also can expect assurances from the Social Services director - not a spokeswoman - that she and her case workers are assisting investigators and helping identify events or suspicions that may have led to this awful crime.

I'll not rest.

Not as long as there are red flags, and not until there is justice for this child.

Bill Kirby can be reached at kirbyb@fayobserver.com

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/12/09/959017
  This is what we need. Someone who will keep up a fight for justice.
Thanks for the article SloSthrnStyle
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1723 on: December 10, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »

I'm not a big fan of hers but when Hillary Clinton said that it takes a village to raise a child I'm sure that she didn't mean a village of idiots. Seems like Shaniya's father felt very comfortable farming out his kids. His circumstances were difficult at times but still he had resources that many don't. it's a fortunate thing that the older kids were left in permanent care of stable loving family members.  Poor Shaniya pulled the unlucky parents card and paid for it with her life.     

Yes...agree...
he had choices that others did not have...
Shaniya was the youngest.....the others were already farmed out...she was the only one left..his last responsibility...
Not sure yet why he didn't just let Carey have this baby...I feel that she would have taken Shaniya in a heartbeat...
I hope that he doesn't procreate  any more children..
Cookie~  I'm going to put a disclaimer on this comment before I write it~ Not A Judgement But Just An Observation

It looks like (from the outside anyway) that Brad immersed himself in the black community. His way of talking even changes when he has been filmed when he's been in the comfort zone of his church friends and others. Or it could be that his way of talking changes when he's giving updates to news ppl. Whichever way it is, I wonder if he didn't want Shanya to be raised in a  black community however I think I remember one of his good friends, a black gentleman, who offered to care for her. He apparently didn't take the guy up on the offer. Possibly he felt Carey couldn't give Shaniya enough exposure to her cultural heritage??
We will probably never know and for sure never understand why he made the decisions that he did but I'm with you on hoping he doesn't make any more babies.

I had noticed that as well! He does change the way that he speaks...why is that?

but like you say, we will probably never understand why he made the decisions that he made...

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1724 on: December 10, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »

I know I have posted alot on the request into Child services  but I think its important,  I have posted this particular link in the "Links" thread, here it is for this thread.

Official Request letter from DA to investigate child services handling of information:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/12/07/6564754/DA_Letter_to_County_Manager.swf

ITA  This is very serious if DSS if hiding, covering up, and refusing to disclose info in a Human Trafficking case.  Who, why, when, and how long???  This sure doesn't look good on them, does it???    

no it doesn't look good for them at all...
why can't the public see it? if everything was as it should have been, then why can't they disclose what they found or what they knew?
as far as i know and i could be wrong but once the person is dead all their private records can be released at the will of the legally bound entity... like if you kill yourself your shrink can now talk about your issues and your medical records can usually be released i would think dss records would be the same... those laws are to protect the party that they are about and once the party is dead there is no "legal contract" binding the party to secrecy
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1725 on: December 10, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »

an angelic monkey Prayers for you sweet angel girl.
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1726 on: December 10, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »

IMO they need to do something here with the charges. How can they say that AD gave the child away (the trafficking charge) and in the same breath say that he kidnapped her??? I am not saying that either should get off with anything please do not think that, but if I were one or the others lawyer I would definitely be bringing that up. I really see a conflict of the cases coming on here and am afraid that one of them will walk on certain charges if they don't hurry up with her charges, or change his from kidnapping.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1727 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »

IMO they need to do something here with the charges. How can they say that AD gave the child away (the trafficking charge) and in the same breath say that he kidnapped her??? I am not saying that either should get off with anything please do not think that, but if I were one or the others lawyer I would definitely be bringing that up. I really see a conflict of the cases coming on here and am afraid that one of them will walk on certain charges if they don't hurry up with her charges, or change his from kidnapping.

Lenie...I get what you are saying...I had wondered the same...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1728 on: December 11, 2009, 02:43:28 PM »

Good afternoon!  Believe it or not, there is no conflict in the charges regarding the kidnapping. First, to believe a kidnapping didn't occur, you have to believe the perp. To believe it did occur you have to believe the "mom."  However, putting that aside for a moment, remember that the police stated Shaniya left the hotel alive. Under no theory of consent did the killer have "permission" to take her from the hotel and kill her. Therein lies the kidnapping. You have to look at every event separately, not bunch them together into a single event.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1729 on: December 11, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »

Good afternoon!  Believe it or not, there is no conflict in the charges regarding the kidnapping. First, to believe a kidnapping didn't occur, you have to believe the perp. To believe it did occur you have to believe the "mom."  However, putting that aside for a moment, remember that the police stated Shaniya left the hotel alive. Under no theory of consent did the killer have "permission" to take her from the hotel and kill her. Therein lies the kidnapping. You have to look at every event separately, not bunch them together into a single event.

AHHHHHHHHhuh!! thanks for clearing that up Jess...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1730 on: December 12, 2009, 09:06:54 AM »

AHHHHHHHHhuh!! thanks for clearing that up Jess...

You Bet!!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1731 on: December 13, 2009, 02:37:17 AM »

beautiful pics Jess...Little Naveah and Sandra are both are such beautiful little girls
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1732 on: December 13, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »

beautiful pics Jess...Little Naveah and Sandra are both are such beautiful little girls

Thank you Tracygirl.  They are beautiful.  Sometimes my heart gets so darn heavy and I have such a hard time dealing with all of this evil.  They're all children, for God's sake.  Precious beyond compare, gifts from God, like all of us are to our parents.  I just don't understand. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1733 on: December 13, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »

JessStar, those pictures are breathtaking.  I do praise God for receiving in His embrace these beautiful gifts.  I share your pain and your agony -- as well as others -- I will never understand on this earthly journey why it rains on the just and the unjust.  I do however stand with you and others in believing we will see the precious ones again and what a delight it will be to skip down the road with Sandra.
Blessings.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1734 on: December 13, 2009, 11:27:18 PM »

JessStar, those pictures are breathtaking.  I do praise God for receiving in His embrace these beautiful gifts.  I share your pain and your agony -- as well as others -- I will never understand on this earthly journey why it rains on the just and the unjust.  I do however stand with you and others in believing we will see the precious ones again and what a delight it will be to skip down the road with Sandra.
Blessings.

Thank you Sister. 

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1735 on: December 16, 2009, 01:34:15 PM »

http://rippdemup.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-gift-for-shaniya-davis.html

A Christmas Gift for Shaniya Davis
Tuesday, December 15, 2009

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1736 on: December 16, 2009, 01:40:09 PM »

R.i.p Shaniya Davis

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rN8ElfIerag&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rN8ElfIerag&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1737 on: December 17, 2009, 01:35:22 AM »

http://rippdemup.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-gift-for-shaniya-davis.html

A Christmas Gift for Shaniya Davis
Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thank you for sharing this!  I have even posted it on my web site and expect it will most likely generate quite a number of signatures.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1738 on: December 17, 2009, 03:10:30 PM »

hi guys O/T but i did mention this case here before so i thought i'd post an update... this is the saddest local (to me) case i've heard of...
http://www.telegram.com/article/20091217/NEWS/912170626/0/FRONTPAGE
perfect text book example of child murder where dss looks the other way to past records and the courts places a child with bio parent that was never involved in the childs life and within weeks the child is dead at the hands of bio dad... also this happened a long time ago and he is just now being indicted...
i hope this sob gets what's coming to him and just in time for christmas
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1739 on: December 18, 2009, 01:19:30 AM »

hi guys O/T but i did mention this case here before so i thought i'd post an update... this is the saddest local (to me) case i've heard of...
http://www.telegram.com/article/20091217/NEWS/912170626/0/FRONTPAGE
perfect text book example of child murder where dss looks the other way to past records and the courts places a child with bio parent that was never involved in the childs life and within weeks the child is dead at the hands of bio dad... also this happened a long time ago and he is just now being indicted...
i hope this sob gets what's coming to him and just in time for christmas

Thanks for the update Penny.... I hope you take the time to send the electronic letter to stop child trafficking in hotels in the US.  It only takes a moment!  I hope all monkeys will take a few moments to do this. 

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.