March 19, 2024, 02:54:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711904 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1760 on: January 03, 2010, 05:46:23 PM »

Ciana...good post and welcome!

MizJay...I
 had a wonderful holiday...how bout you?

Cookie, it was great and without trying to sound all corny, after  keeping up with all these horrific cases I often would think how very lucky I was.
j
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1761 on: January 03, 2010, 05:58:51 PM »

Sdb-Try this please:

In the upper right hand corner of your screen left click on  PAGE.
                                      Click on Compatability Settings. To the left side of your screen a
                                      box pops up.
                                      Look at the bottom left of the box and click on Display all websites
                                      in Compatability View. A blue checkmark will appear. Click on Close.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works.   

ot...Muffers..does this work when using Mozilla firefox? I am not seeing Page in the upper right hand ..anyplace else that I could try that from? thanks...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1762 on: January 05, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/80565837.html
Posted: 4:28 AM Jan 4, 2010
January To Be Named Human Trafficking Awareness Month
Greenville Mayor Pat Dunn is drawing attention to human trafficking
The crime of human trafficking will be back in the spotlight Monday.

According to the group Eastern NC Stop Human Trafficking Now, Greenville Mayor Pat Dunn in scheduled to proclaim January as Human Trafficking Awareness Month, Monday.

The crime of human trafficking started getting a lot of attention after five-year-old Shaniya Davis of Fayetteville was killed last year. Her mother's accused of human trafficking, for prostituting her young daughter.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1763 on: January 11, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/01/09/966820
Published: 07:02 AM, Sat Jan 09, 2010
Don't blame DSS for child's murder
Bill Kirby

Martha Waldrep isn't sure what to make of the district attorney calling in the State Bureau of Investigation with regard to Cumberland County Social Services' cooperation, or lack thereof, in the Nov. 16 death of a 5-year-old child.

You'll find more comments on my blog, The Gospel Truth, I Think, at www.fayobserver.com.

Keep your phone calls and e-mails coming.

I'm listening.
Your turn: "I am confused about the 'red flag' issue you discussed in your Dec. 9 column," Waldrep writes. "DSS is being investigated by the SBI due to cooperating or not cooperating with the police department on the Shaniya Davis murder? From what I have read in The Fayetteville *******, Antoinette Davis was investigated with regard to her 7-year-old son. What does that investigation have to do with Shaniya? It appeared to me from the various articles in the paper that Shaniya did not live with her mother at the time of the investigation in regard to Ms. Davis' son. So did DSS even know about the existence of Shaniya? And even if they did know about her, why would they have notified Mr. (Brad) Lockhart about their investigation? I'm sure the social worker had no idea that Shaniya's father was going to let the child move in with her mother. Did Mr. Lockhart call DSS before he took Shaniya to her mother? Did he call any experts on child behavior to see how it could affect a small child to move her from a $250,000 house in a nice neighborhood to a dirty, single-wide trailer with a leaky sewage problem? DSS is not perfect (I worked there for 20 years, but not as a social worker. Welfare fraud was my area.) But let's not try to blame DSS for the death of Shaniya. If they messed up on the investigation of Ms. Davis' son, that is a problem But if they did not know of Shaniya's existence, then leave them alone."

My turn: No one, Mrs. Waldrep, is blaming DSS for the death of Shaniya Davis. Nor could I begin to answer all of your questions about DSS Director Brenda Jackson or her agency's involvement regarding Antoinette Davis' son or Mr. Lockhart's decision to allow his daughter to live with her mother. Here's what I do know. Tom Bergamine, the police chief, was concerned that DSS was not fully cooperating, or cooperating as it should, with his department in the investigation of little Shaniya's murder. Ed Grannis, the district attorney, agreed and registered his concerns with James Martin, the county manager. Grannis, who is a no-nonsense prosecutor when it comes to abused children, called in the SBI to look into the matter. As a result, Jackson says her agency will fully assist police in the investigation. Shaniya Davis' death was a heinous crime, and we should all be grateful that the police chief and the district attorney complained to the county manager and took action. All agencies investigating this tragedy should be working together in the name of this innocent child and others who could be victims. Thanks for your questions and concerns, Mrs. Waldrep.
Bill Kirby can be reached at kirbyb@fayobserver.com or 323-4848, ext. 486.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1764 on: January 11, 2010, 09:16:23 PM »

thanks Trimm...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1765 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:20 AM »

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=11804590
Huntsville woman spreads awareness of human trafficking
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 5:22 PM CST Updated: Jan 11, 2010 5:27 PM CST
By Trang Do - Bio | Email

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - Human trafficking in North Alabama is not as far fetched as you might think, according to one local activist.

Pat McKay organized Madison County's first-ever Human Trafficking Awareness Day and she has the support of several Madison County leaders.

McKay hoped to further spread the word on this issue at an event held Monday evening at Trinity United Methodist Church in Huntsville.

Human trafficking is usually a crime associated with war and poverty in Third World countries. But McKay said  the selling and kidnapping of people into sexual slavery is happening right here in North Alabama.

"It's an ever growing problem in the international scene," she said. "But unfortunately, it's becoming more of an issue here locally."

In December of 2009, 30-year-old Manuel Enrique Zelaya of Florence was indicted on federal sex trafficking charges involving a 15-year-old girl.

"When it becomes that close, it becomes personal," McKay said.
The issue made national headlines in November following the rape and murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, a North Carolina girl whose mother is now charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

Mckay said traffickers will often prey on the vulnerable.

"Unfortunately, it's children and women, as it is in a lot of other crimes," she said.

She's gotten Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle to sign a proclamation declaring January 11th Human Trafficking Awareness Day in Madison County.

"I wanted to make sure that my neighbors were informed and that's my mission today," McKay said.

Leaders from Huntsville, Madison, Madison County, and Redstone Arsenal attended the awareness event.

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1766 on: January 12, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »

Autopsy confirms Shaniya Davis raped
Updated at 01:34 PM today

CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner released its autopsy report Tuesday in the murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

It confirmed what investigators had already said - that the girl was raped and strangled.

Shaniya disappeared from her Fayetteville home on November 10, and her body was found days later in a wooded area just south of Sanford.

According to court documents, 29-year-old Mario McNeill killed the girl the same day she was reported missing.

Shaniya's mother, 25-year-old Antoinette Davis, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7214019

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1767 on: January 12, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »

Thanks Nut.   

~ Peter Frampton
Ciana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1768 on: January 12, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »

This article has more details ,if anyone wants them, than the one on ABC.

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/01/12/967609
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1769 on: January 12, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »

I hope that the guards turn their backs, and let the other prisoners have at him, that way I will feel confident that this monster Mario Andrette McNeill, gets what is coming to him 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1770 on: January 12, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »

Autopsy: Slain girl was sexually assaulted
Shaniya Nicole Davis

Posted: Today at 1:10 p.m.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was kidnapped and killed two months ago was sexually assaulted, according to an autopsy report released Tuesday.

Shaniya Nicole Davis was reported missing from her home on Nov. 10. Her body was found in a patch of kudzu off a rural road near the Lee-Harnett County line six days later.

An autopsy determined she died of asphyxiation and that injuries she suffered were consistent with a sexual assault. The autopsy report noted she was wearing only an adult-sized black sweatshirt and panties when her body was found.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, of 2613 Pine Springs Drive, has been charged with first-degree murder, first-degree rape of a child and first-degree kidnapping in the case. Police have characterized him as a family acquaintance.

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, has been charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse–prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing a police investigation. Arrest warrants state that Davis "did knowingly provide Shaniya with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6791748/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1771 on: January 12, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

This article has more details ,if anyone wants them, than the one on ABC.

Thanks Ciana and welcome!

Autopsy report: Shaniya Davis' injuries consistent with sex assault

By Nick Needham
Staff writer

Injuries suffered by 5-year-old Shaniya Davis are consistent with a sexual assault, according to an autopsy report released this afternoon by the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

The report lists asphyxiation as the likely cause of Shaniya's death.

Shaniya went missing from her home off Murchison Road on Nov. 10.

Surveillance cameras show McNeill holding Shaniya at a Sanford motel that morning. The child's body was found Nov. 16 in woods near Walker Road and N.C. 87 in Lee County.

The autopsy report says Shaniya's body was in the early stages of decomposition when it was found, covered in leaves, twigs and vines.

Bruises were found around her sexual organs, as well as one on her face, according to the report.

Shaniya's clothes and a hair taken from her left elbow were given to the Fayetteville Police Department as evidence, the report says.

Shaniya's mother, Antoniette Davis, 25, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution in her case.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, is charged with first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child in Shaniya's death.

Davis and McNeill are being held in isolation cells at Central Prison in Raleigh until their next scheduled court appearances.

Heart
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1772 on: January 12, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »

I hope that the guards turn their backs, and let the other prisoners have at him, that way I will feel confident that this monster Mario Andrette McNeill, gets what is coming to him 

I'm with you on that one. 

~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1773 on: January 12, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »

And I hope that the inmates are not in a rush, I hope that they are extremely slow and methodical if you know what I mean. 

May the wheel of inmate justice turn oh so slowly.

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1774 on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »

And I hope that the inmates are not in a rush, I hope that they are extremely slow and methodical if you know what I mean. 

I agree...
I am so angry over this..this should have never happened to this or any other little child...my heart breaks....

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1775 on: January 12, 2010, 09:22:28 PM »

What he gets in prison will be nothing compared to the eternal hell he faces after death.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1776 on: January 12, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »

What he gets in prison will be nothing compared to the eternal hell he faces after death.
Very true
Ciana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1777 on: January 12, 2010, 09:41:07 PM »

If these two sorry SOBs have anything remotely close to a soul left, they KNOW that they deserve to die a slow and painful death for this.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1778 on: January 18, 2010, 10:44:38 AM »

http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Program+teaches+children+self-defense%20&id=5580103&instance=homesecondleft

Program teaches children self-defense

SANFORD — After the death of Shaniya Davis, Gene Vining wanted to do something to help the community.

Vining, owner and instructor of Brick City Martial Arts Academy, decided to organize a child safety program for Lee County families and received support from law enforcement, local organizations and retailers for Saturday’s expo at Grace Chapel Church.

“After Shaniya Davis was killed, I decided I wanted to do something to educate the children,” he said. “This was all in response to Shaniya. To be honest, she didn’t have a chance.”

He wanted to make sure other children would know what to do if in a situation like Davis’. Vining taught basic self-defense moves to a group of about 15 children who showed up to the program Saturday. Parents listened and watched their children as Vining provided tips.

(snipped)

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1779 on: January 19, 2010, 06:46:28 AM »

Shaniya's suffering and betrayal from the one person who should have been her ultimate advocate shakes me to the core to this day.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.