March 18, 2024, 11:12:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711843 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1840 on: March 05, 2010, 04:22:46 AM »

Yep, I agree with both of you! 

And am totally surprised and disgusted that she's been allowed to bond out.  This is outrageous! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1841 on: March 05, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »

Comment from Bossip

It’s unbelievable that this woman is free after sending her own child into “sexual servitude.” Even worse, Antoinette Davis was pregnant at the time of her arrest. Can you imagine any court allowing her to mother another child after this? We can’t fathom a jury finding her not guilty of these atrocities — but law enforcement had better keep an eye on her — pregnant or not, this woman could definitely pose a flight risk.

http://bossip.com/221387/mother-of-slain-five-year-old-shaniya-davis-released-on-51000-bond/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More comments from readers at wint.com
http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/85246607.html?storySection=comments

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1842 on: March 07, 2010, 05:01:03 AM »

So poor Brad did not help with the bail, sorry I find that questionable. He says that
he had to pay for the headstone, well how much was that??? Shaq paid for the
funeral and personally I wonder if Shaq paid for the headstone also.
Brad if you had not past that poor child back to this so called mother this would not
have happened. I blame you for giving that poor child back to her. Also she is having
a baby to a man that is HIV positive. What does that do for the health of the baby.
I hope you feel guilty every day of your life. Your sister would have taken Shaniya
in a heartbeat and you know it. She loved that little girl and will probably feel the
same way we do.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1843 on: March 07, 2010, 10:17:54 AM »

So poor Brad did not help with the bail, sorry I find that questionable. He says that
Brad if you had not past that poor child back to this so called mother this would not
have happened. I blame you for giving that poor child back to her. Also she is having
a baby to a man that is HIV positive. What does that do for the health of the baby.
I hope you feel guilty every day of your life. Your sister would have taken Shaniya
in a heartbeat and you know it. She loved that little girl and will probably feel the
same way we do.

yep...lots of adults in Shaniya's family failed her...
and, don't most parents pay for the headstone of their beloved child's grave? most even pay for the funeral....
..Brad in my opinion, did not want the responsibility of caring for Shaniya any longer...even though Carrie would have taken her...from what we read, he was on the road a lot, had a new fiancee...didn't have any of his children living with him except Shaniya...he was moving on imo....dump her at her egg donors house...all just my opinion! I don't like Brad for his part in all of this...worse hatred for her murderer and for Antoinette for being an accessory to her murder...she needs to still be in jail! this case makes my blood boil every time I think about it!

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1844 on: March 07, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »

same way we do.

yep...lots of adults in Shaniya's family failed her...
and, don't most parents pay for the headstone of their beloved child's grave? most even pay for the funeral....
..Brad in my opinion, did not want the responsibility of caring for Shaniya any longer...even though Carrie would have taken her...from what we read, he was on the road a lot, had a new fiancee...didn't have any of his children living with him except Shaniya...he was moving on imo....dump her at her egg donors house...all just my opinion! I don't like Brad for his part in all of this...worse hatred for her murderer and for Antoinette for being an accessory to her murder...she needs to still be in jail! this case makes my blood boil every time I think about it!

I agree Cookie...
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1845 on: March 08, 2010, 09:04:06 AM »

Hi JG!

I can't let go of my anger in this case!

Ciana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1846 on: March 09, 2010, 01:32:51 AM »

I find it questionable that people are even speculating that Brad helped with Antoinette's bail. That sounds kind of ridiculous. Regardless of what kind of parent people think Brad was, there's no reason to make unfounded accusations like that.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1847 on: March 09, 2010, 01:46:41 AM »

Hi JG!

I agree Cookie... I cannot let go of the anger either... however, my anger is not aimed at Brad even though he made poor decisions.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1848 on: March 09, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »

Hi JG!

I agree Cookie... I cannot let go of the anger either... however, my anger is not aimed at Brad even though he made poor decisions.

hi bananas....I am mad at all of them! but that is just me...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1849 on: March 09, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »

Hi JG!

No, I doubt it's just you.......I will never understand WTH he was thinking giving Antoinette custody, IMO he is guilty of negligence for handing that precious baby over to a dope head

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: March 09, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »

Hi JG!

No, I doubt it's just you.......I will never understand WTH he was thinking giving Antoinette custody, IMO he is guilty of negligence for handing that precious baby over to a dope head

IM...I will never understand what he was thinking either...what any of the idiots were thinking...

AnnetteInMn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1851 on: March 14, 2010, 05:29:41 PM »

I was just thinking about all the injustices done to this child and I am so saddened by it.  On the other hand though I am SO VERY VERY angry with her mother.  I just can not comprehend how a mother could knowingly put her child in the hands of someone she KNEW was going to sexually molest her daughter.  And to think that our justice system let this monster out on bond!  Something needs to change.  As far as I am concerned she should never see the light of day again.  I just have to keep in mind that Shaniya's justice will eventually come and she's safe with Jesus now.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1852 on: March 14, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »

I was just thinking about all the injustices done to this child and I am so saddened by it.  On the other hand though I am SO VERY VERY angry with her mother.  I just can not comprehend how a mother could knowingly put her child in the hands of someone she KNEW was going to sexually molest her daughter.  And to think that our justice system let this monster out on bond!  Something needs to change.  As far as I am concerned she should never see the light of day again.  I just have to keep in mind that Shaniya's justice will eventually come and she's safe with Jesus now.

an angelic monkey  Hi Annette...nice to meet you...I agree with you!

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1853 on: March 16, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »

Shaniiya had HIV?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1854 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:05 PM »

Shaniiya had HIV?

huh? where did you read that at Cecilita?  the father of the baby that Antoinette is expecting was said to have HIV if I recall correctly, but I have not heard that Shaniya had HIV...

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1855 on: March 18, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »

Shaniiya had HIV?

huh? where did you read that at Cecilita?  the father of the baby that Antoinette is expecting was said to have HIV if I recall correctly, but I have not heard that Shaniya had HIV...
Hi cookie,
I would like to know if shaniya was tested for HIV. If she was infected it means that she was abused for the boyfriend too. It is weird that shaniya went to doctor's visit.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1856 on: March 18, 2010, 10:26:25 PM »

Shaniiya had HIV?

Hi cookie,
I would like to know if shaniya was tested for HIV. If she was infected it means that she was abused for the boyfriend too. It is weird that shaniya went to doctor's visit.

hmmmm...would not put it past that crowd, but I had not heard about HIV or the doctor visit in regards to Shaniya...
poor baby girl...

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1857 on: March 23, 2010, 07:49:16 PM »

Hi JG!

Me either, Cookie!  This case haunts me.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: March 23, 2010, 11:45:08 PM »

Hi JG!

Me either, Cookie!  This case haunts me.

haunts me too Mags...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1859 on: March 25, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/03/24/985965
Published: 07:00 AM, Thu Mar 25, 2010
Man gets probation in Shaniya Davis donations case
By Drew Brooks
Staff writer
A Cumberland County man who was charged with misleading the public while collecting donations for Shaniya Davis has been placed on probation.

Donald Lee Roddy Jr. and his lawyer, Larry McGlothlin, said a misunderstanding led to Roddy's arrest on Nov.18.

Roddy was originally charged with obtaining property by false pretenses, a felony. On Wednesday, that charge was reduced to attempted misdemeanor larceny.

McGlothlin said Roddy never pleaded guilty to the charge, but he didn't resist a verdict. Effectively, that equates to a guilty plea in the eyes of the court, he said.

Roddy was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation and 10 hours of community service, McGlothlin said. He also must pay a $100 fine and $125 in court costs.

Roddy, 37, of the 7300 block of Hypony Trail, was charged days after Shaniya's body was found in Lee County.

Fayetteville police said he was soliciting roadside donations in their name. A police spokesman said at the time that Roddy did not have permission to use the department's name, nor did he have any affiliation with the police.

McGlothlin said Roddy did not believe he was doing anything wrong and was only trying to help.
oddy collected $27 while standing near the corner of Skibo and Yadkin roads. He said he hoped the money could have gone toward paying for Shaniya's funeral.

That funeral was ultimately paid for by basketball superstar Shaquille O'Neal.

Roddy called the sentence "fair" and said he was shocked when police arrested him.

"I am not a scam artist. I am not a liar," he said. "I figured 'How many people have life insurance on a 5-year-old? Nobody.' So I took it upon myself to try and raise money."

Following his arrest, family members said Roddy thought he was doing the right thing.

His sister said Roddy suffered from several mental disorders that affect his judgment.

"In his mind, he was doing what was right and what was good," she said.
Offers to help

Shaniya disappeared Nov. 10 from her mother's home in the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park. Her body was found Nov.16 in woods south of Sanford.

Roddy, a dog trainer, said he has lost several customers since he was charged.

His involvement with the Shaniya case began the night she went missing, when he says he offered the services of two of his dogs - a yellow lab named Abby and a Belgium Malinois named Lucas.

Those services were declined, according to Fayetteville police.

Later, when authorities were searching for Shaniya's body, Roddy said he was allowed to help.

Roddy said the Shaniya case struck a chord with him and he wanted to help in any way he could.

He also donated a hand-crafted mirror with an image of Shaniya on it to the family, his
awyer said.

McGlothlin said he was contacted by Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, and told the family did not wish to prosecute Roddy.

McGlothlin became involved because he knew Roddy through Roddy's uncle. He said his client never should have been charged with a felony.

"He was really upset (about being charged)," McGlothlin said. "He just wanted to do what he could to help out."

Two people were charged in Shaniya's disappearance and murder.

Mario Andrette McNeil was charged with killing and raping Shaniya.

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, is accused of prostituting her daughter.
Staff writer Drew Brooks can be reached at brooksd@fayobserver.com or 486-3567

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.