March 19, 2024, 01:59:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711896 times)
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »

EXCELLENT point Jess star!  Most people dont really "know" the law and I am def. not making excuses, and given only the statements we have been privy too .. who in their wildest dreams would have thought that child was in that kind of danger?  I am guessing the Aunt probably wasnt happy about this, but figured maybe, hey when  brother gets back, we will get this settled, so to speak?  I dont know?  Its just hard to wrap your head around anyone thinking anyone would possibly be leaving a child in danger? 

In my opinion, the thing here is the laws for this type of crime as well as "paternity, custody" issues need to be re evaluated! 

That baby's death needs to be a voice to change the laws so this doesnt happen again. 

There are ALOT of children out there that do not have a COURT ORDERED CUSTODIAL PARENTS, which possibly puts them in peril from the get go.

ok, I ma rambling, just mad, because this could have been prevented on so many levels from the "parents" to the school etc.

I only hope to see some changes because of this and I will be glad for it to start with ME and legislation. Not sure how, but more than willing to do SOMETHING!

i agree, the laws are so confusing, and a lot of times unless you have money to spend on a good lawyer, it is so hard to navigage the murky waters of family court for custody issues.... in fact, did you know that there are actually FOUR different types of legal fathers...yes FOUR. it is insane. the laws are in place for  a reason tho, and so many times i feel like the laws protect the parents more than the innocent children. 
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »

************WARNING  - THIS ARTICLE IS VERY UPSETTING!!!!!!***********

Some Claim Shaniya Davis Was At Risk And Needed A Better Home

Fayetteville, N.C.
Several people who were close to 5-year-Old Shaniya Davis and her father Brad Lockhart say they tried to intervene in the child’s life, because they felt the youngster was at risk.

A close friend of Brad’s, and his ex-father in-law both say they offered to take in Shaniya rather than let her live with her mother, because they say when the child was in the custody of her mother, bad things happened to her.

“My wife says she saw cigarette burns on Shaniya's arms,” said Lockhart’s friend Tim Allen who says he is very angry over what happened.

Byron Coleman, Brad Lockhart's ex-father in law,  said Shaniya “had burns on her legs, arms and things” after visits with her mother.

“She had a cigarette burn on the corner of her eye which she claimed her grandma did when she went over there,” added Shaniya’s half sister Cheyenne Lockhart.

The three all claimed to NBC-17 that the 5-yr-old suffered physical abuse while in the custody of her mother.

“When you wanted sex that's where you went,” said Coleman. “You knew what the girl was doing. You knew what she associated with, so why place your daughter in that situation?”

Because of that, Brad Lockhart’s ex-father-in-law blames Lockhart for Shaniya’s death.

“To me Shaniya would be alive today if she wasn't placed in that situation,” claims Coleman.

Coleman says he offered to give Shaniya a home, but says Brad Lockhart declined his offer.

Tim Allen tells a similar story.

“He had an alternative, I gave him a way out,” but Allen said Lockhart would not let him take care of Shaniya.

“I'm fighting mad. All this could have been avoided,” said Allen.

Allen had already taken in Shaniya’s half sister Cheyenne, because she said her dad wouldn't take care of her.

And Cheyenne says Brad Lockhart did not provide for Shaniya.

“He didn't take care of her, his girlfriends took care of her, she said. “He loved her, but she was raised by other people. “He hasn't been in her life.”

Meanwhile, the Cumberland County Department of Social Services says at this time, it can't comment on what it was doing with regard to Shaniya Davis because those comments might compromise the on-going criminal investigation.

VIDEO AT THIS LINK AS WELL

http://johnston.mync.com/site/johnston/news%7CSports%7CLifestyles/story/44620/some-claim-shaniya-davis-was-at-risk-and-needed-a-better-home

WOW, Northern Rose,
That article is very telling, and even Cheyenne confirms what the men are saying.
My heart aches for that poor baby.  She was only five years old.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »

Shaniya Davis's death can bring attention to trafficking of children

The tragic tale of Shaniya Davis focuses attention on a problem that no one wants to talk about, the reality of human trafficking.

The death of an innocent 5-year-old fills our hearts with sorrow. Her autopsy results may lead us down unspeakable pathways.

Shaniya's mother faces charges that make us fume, allegedly selling her little girl's dignity and self worth.

At least it forces us to think about the disgraceful statistic, the number of children in the nation who suffer the same fate.

Approximately 200,000 American children are at risk of being trafficked into the sex industry each year.

We need more extensive training of law enforcement to investigate human trafficking. We also need legislators to pass tougher laws.

Maybe one of these days a statute will be named "Shaniya's Law."

http://www.examiner.com/x-19663-LA-Legal-Examiner~y2009m11d17-Shaniya-Daviss-death-can-bring-attention-to-trafficking-of-children
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2009, 11:39:43 PM »

Your right NR, very upsetting.  I did just read that he has 5 children from 3 different mothers?  None of them are with him?  Not sure of the circumstances.  Afraid that the more that comes out, the worse this will be. 

All that can be done at this point is change the laws and at VERY LEAST, the d@mn death penalty in cases that involve giving up children for the sex slave industry.  WAAAAAY  harsher punishment for people even remotely involved in this type of crime.

Yes and Social Services does not have clean hands either.
"Social Services is reported to have a history with the family, only recently allowing the children to stay with their mother."

with all due respect, social service agencies arent psychics. it is not legal to put cameras in peoples homes 24/7 to monitor every behavior of the parents and children. there are so many legal issues involved, it is not fair to blame social services.  if child protective services removed every single child from a home that they got a report on a lot of people would not have their children, including a lot of innocent people who have the been victims of false reports to child protective services. 

rachcresp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »

I thought when I saw the footage of the father crying at the vigil that it seemed a little fake. Not that I don't think that he was sad but it just didn't seem like how a normal person in mourning would act. Also, tonight on Nancy Grace he didn't talk at all but came outside when his son was talking and was hugging and kissing his son a lot. I think it's because he knew people were talking about how he didn't treat the daughter well and he knew it was all going to come to light and was trying harder to make himself look like a good dad.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »

Yep I am mad as he**  that he allowed her to go with that pos. But I also look @ it like this he was NOT the one pimping his daughter out. Was not the one that was letting men hurt little shaniya. But I also understand if she was never there none of this would have happen. Omg I am so angry. Right now I could punch a wall. Jeez wth is wrong with people why can they not open there eyes and just kept them open. It is like I always tell everyone be aware always think real hard b 4 u react.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2009, 11:42:33 PM »

I thought when I saw the footage of the father crying at the vigil that it seemed a little fake. Not that I don't think that he was sad but it just didn't seem like how a normal person in mourning would act. Also, tonight on Nancy Grace he didn't talk at all but came outside when his son was talking and was hugging and kissing his son a lot. I think it's because he knew people were talking about how he didn't treat the daughter well and he knew it was all going to come to light and was trying harder to make himself look like a good dad.

I got the feeling he was controlling his son and wanted to remind him not to talk about certain things. 
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »

This baby didnt have a chance.  Cant say I blame all the responsibility on the Aunt.  There is PLENTY of blame to go around in this case.  Regardless of that ... I would like to see changes in the law for "selling" or what ever you call giving up children for that purpose.  I am not sure how just yet, and I can only speak for myself, but I will figure out a way to make this case MATTER as far as trying to at least get laws changed at least for harsher punishment.  IT IS the most heinous of crimes.  Perhaps that is what Coe meant by "educated people figure it out"  perhaps she was just a prostitute, doing what she does and selling her own child?  God have mercy on her soul because she and everyone involved with the demise of this child is going to need it!!

rachcresp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2009, 11:46:02 PM »

From what I just read I feel like the dad is just as much to blame. Of course, he didn't commit the crime but he knew she was being abused when she went there. Sounds to me like he just didn't feel like taking care of her anymore. He pawned his other daughter off on a neighbor. Who does something like that? I also said before that Murchison Road which is the road Sleepy Hollow park is off of is a terrible area. It's a very high crime area. People call it "The Murk" and it has always had a bad rep. If I was the kid's parent, I wouldn't let her anywhere near there. This dad knew he was putting her in a bad situation. In my mind, he is just as bad.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2009, 11:46:58 PM »

I got the feeling he was controlling his son and wanted to remind him not to talk about certain things. 

Earlier today when a reporter asked him about Cheyenne's statement that they knew Antionette
was still doing drugs, he said something like she's not allowed to talk about that.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
rachcresp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2009, 11:48:54 PM »

Earlier today when a reporter asked him about Cheyenne's statement that they knew Antionette
was still doing drugs, he said something like she's not allowed to talk about that.

Yeah but I doubt that the police told him not to talk about that. It's just because it makes him look bad. I hope that there are charges against the father also now.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2009, 11:48:53 PM »

I got a very uneasy feeling when the son was talking and the dad would not say anything you know would have let the dad talk, after last night when Cheyenne was on NG I thought oops you are saying to much.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2009, 11:50:43 PM »

Your right NR, very upsetting.  I did just read that he has 5 children from 3 different mothers?  None of them are with him?  Not sure of the circumstances.  Afraid that the more that comes out, the worse this will be. 

All that can be done at this point is change the laws and at VERY LEAST, the d@mn death penalty in cases that involve giving up children for the sex slave industry.  WAAAAAY  harsher punishment for people even remotely involved in this type of crime.

"Social Services is reported to have a history with the family, only recently allowing the children to stay with their mother."

with all due respect, social service agencies arent psychics. it is not legal to put cameras in peoples homes 24/7 to monitor every behavior of the parents and children. there are so many legal issues involved, it is not fair to blame social services.  if child protective services removed every single child from a home that they got a report on a lot of people would not have their children, including a lot of innocent people who have the been victims of false reports to child protective services. 

If it came across that I blame Shaniya's death on social services it was not my meaning or intent.  If the previous article is based in fact than many people knew the mother's home was not a safe environment.  If Shaniya was burnt at the house of her mother and talked about it then Brad was more culpable at letting her go back there than anyone.  I meant that for the 5 years of her life many people had let her down by not protecting her and with social services having a history with this mother and just recently letting the kids go back there they are one more of many who let Shaniya down.  I truly believe that her death could have been prevented had all the adults in her life protected her from a bad situation that was not a new bad situation by the sounds of things.  Brad should have not let her go back there unsupervised after coming back with burns and should have been jumping up and down about it once she was allowed to be with the kids again.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2009, 11:53:18 PM »

From what I just read I feel like the dad is just as much to blame. Of course, he didn't commit the crime but he knew she was being abused when she went there. Sounds to me like he just didn't feel like taking care of her anymore. He pawned his other daughter off on a neighbor. Who does something like that? I also said before that Murchison Road which is the road Sleepy Hollow park is off of is a terrible area. It's a very high crime area. People call it "The Murk" and it has always had a bad rep. If I was the kid's parent, I wouldn't let her anywhere near there. This dad knew he was putting her in a bad situation. In my mind, he is just as bad.

there is tons of blame that can go around in this case. if the people that were quoted in the recent article talking about shaniya's dad were so concerned then why didnt they call and make a report? if they were aware of what was going on then i believe they had a responsibility to report it.  it's possible they did, but why run to the papers now about it when they could have called in to the appropriate authorities when this was happening?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »

If it came across that I blame Shaniya's death on social services it was not my meaning or intent.  If the previous article is based in fact than many people knew the mother's home was not a safe environment.  If Shaniya was burnt at the house of her mother and talked about it then Brad was more culpable at letting her go back there than anyone.  I meant that for the 5 years of her life many people had let her down by not protecting her and with social services having a history with this mother and just recently letting the kids go back there they are one more of many who let Shaniya down.  I truly believe that her death could have been prevented had all the adults in her life protected her from a bad situation that was not a new bad situation by the sounds of things.  Brad should have not let her go back there unsupervised after coming back with burns and should have been jumping up and down about it once she was allowed to be with the kids again.

i agree. if it is determined that brad knew about this situation, and let her go there, then in my mind he is a perpetrator by omission.
rachcresp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »

I just read that Brad was paying child support for Shaniya? Why was he paying child support if she lived with him?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2009, 11:57:58 PM »

I caught that too Magnolia.  We are seeing a totally dysfunctional extended family and Shaniya paid the ultimate price.
rachcresp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »

there is tons of blame that can go around in this case. if the people that were quoted in the recent article talking about shaniya's dad were so concerned then why didnt they call and make a report? if they were aware of what was going on then i believe they had a responsibility to report it.  it's possible they did, but why run to the papers now about it when they could have called in to the appropriate authorities when this was happening?

I agree with you on this. They should have reported it. I know I would have myself in a heartbeat.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2009, 12:00:04 AM »

Well, I feel kind of stupid now, after watching the NG show tonight and reading the things that have come out.  Looks like dad is good at passing the buck.  He has all of these children, yet takes care of none of them physically??  Perhaps he just sends money?   Who knows?  Maybe I just want to think he is not to blame because that left that baby with no one.   

I better take a time out, because I am just plain furiously mad at the whole mess!
Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2009, 12:01:25 AM »

O/T
I just created this thread...don't know much but saw it on the news tonight...so sad this keeps happening...no perps at this time...and hardly ANY media coverage--(I had to use the search engine to find the story)
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6532.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.