March 19, 2024, 12:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711868 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2009, 08:11:18 AM »

I thought when I saw the footage of the father crying at the vigil that it seemed a little fake. Not that I don't think that he was sad but it just didn't seem like how a normal person in mourning would act. Also, tonight on Nancy Grace he didn't talk at all but came outside when his son was talking and was hugging and kissing his son a lot. I think it's because he knew people were talking about how he didn't treat the daughter well and he knew it was all going to come to light and was trying harder to make himself look like a good dad.

I got the feeling he was controlling his son and wanted to remind him not to talk about certain things. 

Earlier today when a reporter asked him about Cheyenne's statement that they knew Antionette
was still doing drugs, he said something like she's not allowed to talk about that.

I caught that too Magnolia.  We are seeing a totally dysfunctional extended family and Shaniya paid the ultimate price.

Cheyenne mentioned on NG show that "she wasn't suppose to have any kids" referring to A.D.
I haven't hear anyone commenting on her statement, I thought that was powerful..if Cheyenne knew or claims to have known
A.D. was supposed to have any kids around.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »

No matter if the father was around, by all appearances, Shaniya was happy and well taken care of by her Aunt.  Why on earth did they allowed her to live with her mother even for a short time is beyond my comprehension. 

The greedy mother was a good actress...common sense didn't rule with the father.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Razzy1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2009, 08:43:13 AM »

************WARNING  - THIS ARTICLE IS VERY UPSETTING!!!!!!***********

Some Claim Shaniya Davis Was At Risk And Needed A Better Home

Fayetteville, N.C.
Several people who were close to 5-year-Old Shaniya Davis and her father Brad Lockhart say they tried to intervene in the child’s life, because they felt the youngster was at risk.

A close friend of Brad’s, and his ex-father in-law both say they offered to take in Shaniya rather than let her live with her mother, because they say when the child was in the custody of her mother, bad things happened to her.

“My wife says she saw cigarette burns on Shaniya's arms,” said Lockhart’s friend Tim Allen who says he is very angry over what happened.

Byron Coleman, Brad Lockhart's ex-father in law,  said Shaniya “had burns on her legs, arms and things” after visits with her mother.

“She had a cigarette burn on the corner of her eye which she claimed her grandma did when she went over there,” added Shaniya’s half sister Cheyenne Lockhart.

The three all claimed to NBC-17 that the 5-yr-old suffered physical abuse while in the custody of her mother.

“When you wanted sex that's where you went,” said Coleman. “You knew what the girl was doing. You knew what she associated with, so why place your daughter in that situation?”

Because of that, Brad Lockhart’s ex-father-in-law blames Lockhart for Shaniya’s death.

“To me Shaniya would be alive today if she wasn't placed in that situation,” claims Coleman.

Coleman says he offered to give Shaniya a home, but says Brad Lockhart declined his offer.

Tim Allen tells a similar story.

“He had an alternative, I gave him a way out,” but Allen said Lockhart would not let him take care of Shaniya.

“I'm fighting mad. All this could have been avoided,” said Allen.

Allen had already taken in Shaniya’s half sister Cheyenne, because she said her dad wouldn't take care of her.

And Cheyenne says Brad Lockhart did not provide for Shaniya.

“He didn't take care of her, his girlfriends took care of her, she said. “He loved her, but she was raised by other people. “He hasn't been in her life.”

Meanwhile, the Cumberland County Department of Social Services says at this time, it can't comment on what it was doing with regard to Shaniya Davis because those comments might compromise the on-going criminal investigation.

VIDEO AT THIS LINK AS WELL

http://johnston.mync.com/site/johnston/news%7CSports%7CLifestyles/story/44620/some-claim-shaniya-davis-was-at-risk-and-needed-a-better-home

Good Morning Monkeys, decided to login to address this. I don't believe a word of it. Yet

1. What real friend goes to a reporter and talks this crap? Not a real friend, imo

2? If there was cig burns her Aunt Carey when giving her a bath would have seen it, it would have given her reason to stop Shaniya from going to her birth mom's house.  or her teacher would certainly would have noticed it.

3. IMO Cheyenne has issues with Brad, she's a teen maybe he did throw her out, who knows, we don't know that facts, they can say anything to a reporter, just like Cheyenne said to Nancy, it was her opinion, she had no 1st hand proof. She just wanted to get on Nancy Grace show. She didn't impress me. How did these people see the burns but no one else did?

I believe since Aunt Carey had Shaniya alot she would have noticed any abuse and would have not only reported it but probably went over and beat the egg donors a$$.IMO
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2009, 08:53:01 AM »

Good morning Monkeys! 

Last night my last thoughts before I went to sleep were Thank God, Shaniya was found.  Her murderer disposed of her like trash, but she's not there anymore.  She will have a proper burial.  Her family that loved her won't have to wonder where she is, or if she is still suffering.  In all of this horror, that is a blessing.

Please forgive if this has already been posted.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

Fayetteville police to add new charges in girl's death

Posted: Today at 7:35 a.m.
Updated: 19 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Investigators piecing together why and where a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl was killed plan to add new charges on top of one for selling the girl for sexual slavery.

Police plan to hold a news conference at 10 a.m. Wednesday to discuss the case and said new charges are pending in the death of Shaniya Davis.

WRAL.com will carry the news conference LIVE.

Authorities are trying to decide where the girl was killed and if the case will be prosecuted in Cumberland or neighboring Lee County.

Shaniya was reported missing from her home, at 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive, by her mother last Tuesday morning. Volunteer searchers found her body Monday afternoon in the woods off N.C. Highway 87 near the Lee-Harnett county line.

On Tuesday, the State Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that the body was Shaniya's. No cause of death has been released.

Two people have been arrested in her disappearance – charges against a third person were dropped – but no one has been charged with killing her.

Police said one issue holding up any charges is the question of jurisdiction in the murder case. Prosecutors must prove where a slaying occurred.

Lee County authorities have referred all questions to Fayetteville police.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »

This poor child didn't have a snowball's chance in hell.  The father absolutely disgusts me.  Five children with three different women and not one of them living with him.  What a loser.  What a total freaking loser.  And I can tell you one thing for certain, there is no way on God's green earth I'd leave my child living at some filthy resident where drugs and prostitution are going on.  The father CLEARLY didn't want to raise Shaniya.  I don't want to hear any more crying and carryin' on. 

Shaniya paid the ultimate price for being born to two people who gave two craps about her.  I feel awful for her aunt.  Just awful.  But I don't wanna hear anymore bs from the dad because that's what it is  bs.
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »

Gypsy DD.... that is basically what I was trying to say. 

I think everyone is just angry about this whole situation. 

It is a HUGE cry to have custody type issues and other protective measures in place to protect the ones that can not protect themselves.

Jennifer34 and Gypsy DD, I am very angry about this case also but I know you both are exactly right. Have gone through an almost identical custody dispute in my own family.  If you do not have a court order it does no good to call LE. If you remove a child from a birth mother without a court order, you will be the one going to jail for kidnapping.

I'd offer the following revision to the statement in red:  "If you remove a child from the CUSTODIAL birth mother without a court order, you will be the one going to jail for kidnapping."  This is an important distinction, as the issue of whether a parent can kidnap his or her own child boils down to the issue of whether the parent is entitled to custody, and whether removing the child is an attempt to deprive that parent of his or her custodial rights, not whether the mother is the birth mother or not.  For example, if the father has sole custody with the birth mother retaining visitation, the birth mother can kidnap the child by refusing to return the child to the father, and it would be the birth mother whose the one going to jail.
I'm not trying to argue Jess but it didn't happen that way with my son and grandson.  The mom didn't even have visitation and when she took my grandson even though my son had custody (she abandoned them) the LE, DA, Judge, DHR no one, not any one would lift a finger to help my son get his child back.  They finaly set a court date which she showed up for and after failing a drug test, on top of being in contempt, no job, no place to live, she walked out of there with my grandson.  And we've been fighting ever since.  The things that have taken place in this case I would never believe if I wasn't there to hear and see  for myself. 

I know that what you said is the way it is supposed to work but the reality is especially in the south, the courts, LE, and child services overwhelmingly favor the natural mother no matter how big a POS she is.  I'm glad you've been coming on I'd really like to get your oppinion of just what the Alabama Parent Child Relationship Act means. I've spoken with others about it and they have backed up what I thought even though the Judge refuses to enforce it.  She has moved several times in the past 8 months and one of those was an eviction, we've never received a notice of any kind.  My thinking is sooner or later that Judge will have to follow the law if he doesn't......
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »

************WARNING  - THIS ARTICLE IS VERY UPSETTING!!!!!!***********

Some Claim Shaniya Davis Was At Risk And Needed A Better Home

Northern Rose, thanks for posting this so we can see it.  However, am thinking that rather than voice my opinion on it, am gonna just  silent .   Seems to me that many have chosen up sides, and don't want to hear negative in any form about the dad.  Even IF it's just a discussion on why what the dad and aunt are saying, are not matching up.  Am gonna sit this out and just watch.. and wait. 

I'll join you, and see what happens.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:57 AM »

Question..The daughter now says that AD wasn't supposed to have any kids.  I thought her 7 year old son was taken away prior to her arrest..or was it due to the arrest ?  If it was prior to the arrest, then wouldn't DSS have taken any other bio children of hers..checked on their well being, notified whomever they were with?  I am a little confused on that issue..anyone?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »

Question..The daughter now says that AD wasn't supposed to have any kids.  I thought her 7 year old son was taken away prior to her arrest..or was it due to the arrest ?  If it was prior to the arrest, then wouldn't DSS have taken any other bio children of hers..checked on their well being, notified whomever they were with?  I am a little confused on that issue..anyone?

The 7yr old was taken after Shaniya went missing but I think before Antoinette was actually arrested.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »

Can someone tell me where I can read the 911 call instead of listen. I saw it last night but I can't find it now. Ty
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »

Good Morning Monks.  I am really confused about Brad......when his son was on NG last night and he came out and put his arms around his son I got that Hinky feeling. Then after the break he was sitting in a chair next to his son but didn't talk. I got the impression he was there to make sure his son didn't say something he wasn't supposed to say. I felt he had been sitting inside watching the show and something his son said raised an alarm with him. It was just freaking weird to see him strolling up behind his son while the show was going on...hugging and kissing this 20 yo over and over.  I have not commented on my feeling about Brad, mainly because I am not sure what I think....but this really made the hairs on my arms stand up and say WTF.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »

Does anyone have a link for the press conference?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
allalone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »

does anyone know where I can watch the pd briefing? I believe it should be starting. I'm in Az and I think the time difference is 2 hrs.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2009, 10:00:24 AM »

wral says they will carry it live, but I don't see a link yet

allalone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »

TYVM!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »

Press Conf

http://www.wral.com/news/video/6445568/
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »

Good Morning Monks.  I am really confused about Brad......when his son was on NG last night and he came out and put his arms around his son I got that Hinky feeling. Then after the break he was sitting in a chair next to his son but didn't talk. I got the impression he was there to make sure his son didn't say something he wasn't supposed to say. I felt he had been sitting inside watching the show and something his son said raised an alarm with him. It was just freaking weird to see him strolling up behind his son while the show was going on...hugging and kissing this 20 yo over and over.  I have not commented on my feeling about Brad, mainly because I am not sure what I think....but this really made the hairs on my arms stand up and say WTF.

The father came out shortly after his son made this statement.....maybe the son was giving too much info..........

And my father recently gave her -- Antoinette a chance to -- give the mother a second chance to raise her daughter. I mean, because everybody deserves a second chance. Just like a convicted felon, I mean, he deserves a second chance because he could have changed. You never know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/17/ng.01.html

I'm getting the impression that the father may have just decided to let that filthy mother take care of Shaniya and now is trying to evade responsibility for doing that....
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2009, 10:04:07 AM »

Mother of Slain 5-Year-Old Is Pregnant
Antoinette Davis is accused of selling her daughter as a sex slave

Newser) – The North Carolina woman accused of selling her 5-year-old girl into sexual slavery—the girl's body was found yesterday—is pregnant. Antoinette Davis, 25, is being isolated from other prisoners as a result, reports WTVD. She has not entered a plea to charges of human trafficking, prostitution, and child abuse. Police say she sold young Shaniya to a man for "sexual servitude." Volunteers found Shaniya's body yesterday, and the man remains in custody, though not yet charged.

http://www.newser.com/story/74256/mother-of-slain-5-year-old-is-pregnant.html

This tells me there was no hand off as I suspected. sick sick sick people they are. I hope they rot in he11 for what was done to that baby girl.. I am sure the big boys in prison will show him what it feels like to be assaulted like that. They will change his name for him to ben dover.

I never did think it was a hand off. I am still wondering about the 60 yr old man the LE put the description out on. I wonder if he was seen with Shaniya at ANOTHER time. Ok, I just made myself mad again. 

Since there's been no other mention of this "60 year old man in the blue Toyota," my guess is he doesn't exist. He was nothing more than a potential defense for MM- and LE knows this. He may have admitted to dropping Shaniya off with this invisible man-per moms orders- hence the kidnapping charge. As a security measure, LE put out the BOLO, but knew they had the guilty man all along. That would also explain why it has taken so long to add more charges against him. I'm sure MM isn't volunteering info. and they have to go by the book. This is the only thing that makes a lick of sense to me re: no other mention of this 60 yr. old man.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »

Thank you. HLN keeps giving flashes of it. I hate it when the pressers are mostly about patting themselves on the back!!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2009, 10:05:55 AM »

I decided to go back to sitting on the fence, too.

Is there a live link for the presser?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.