March 19, 2024, 12:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711876 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »

Well, that only took me 10 minutes to post  Keep getting locked up/out

Me too...it makes me so angry....gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 07:17:37 PM »

Police have new information in Shaniya Davis case

Although it was no surprise, authorities officially announced today that the body they found on Monday was that of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Also today Fayetteville police said they had "new information" about the case, prompting them to cancel a news conference scheduled for this afternoon. Police also reiterated that new, additional charges are expected to be filed in the case.

The only details the police department would reveal prior to this tomorrow's press conference is that they believe Davis was alive when she left the hotel.

The body of 5-year-old Davis was found yesterday in a wooded area off of a North Carolina highway. Police say it was reliable information from a tip that led investigators to where the body was found.

Davis was reported missing from her Fayetteville, NC mobile home park around 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 10. Her mother says she last saw the girl that morning around 5:30 a.m. She was seen shortly after at a hotel with Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, who was arrested and according to police confessed to her kidnapping.

Authorities have also arrested Antoinette Nicole Davis, Shaniya's mother for human trafficking, child abuse involving prostitution and filing a false police report. She made her first appearance in court on Monday where the judge explained the charges against her, and she requested a court appointed attorney.

Early on in the case police had arrested the mom's boyfriend, Clarence Coe, 30, for kidnapping, but released him after McNeill was arrested.

The press conference has been rescheduled for Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. It will be held in front of the police station.

http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-Crime--Media-Examiner~y2009m11d17-Police-have-new-information-in-Shaniya-Davis-case
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 07:17:55 PM »

I think it's pretty clear what happened here. Shaniya was never going to make it back to dad. We will find out that the egg donor had been prostituting her since she got her. I'm sure there were very obvious, outward signs of abuse. And there's no way they were going to risk getting caught by giving Shaniya back. And they would have. In cases like this, thank God for dumb criminals.
God bless you, Shaniya. This world has become and evil,evil place.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »

I think it's pretty clear what happened here. Shaniya was never going to make it back to dad. We will find out that the egg donor had been prostituting her since she got her. I'm sure there were very obvious, outward signs of abuse. And there's no way they were going to risk getting caught by giving Shaniya back. And they would have. In cases like this, thank God for dumb criminals.

It's such a sick and scary thought, but I bet it's true. This little girl's fate was sealed weeks ago. All it took was her dad to make a surprise visit, or for someone to care and stop the madness. Sadly that never happened. Poor Shaniya.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »

Police have new information in Shaniya Davis case

Although it was no surprise, authorities officially announced today that the body they found on Monday was that of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Also today Fayetteville police said they had "new information" about the case, prompting them to cancel a news conference scheduled for this afternoon. Police also reiterated that new, additional charges are expected to be filed in the case.

The only details the police department would reveal prior to this tomorrow's press conference is that they believe Davis was alive when she left the hotel.

The body of 5-year-old Davis was found yesterday in a wooded area off of a North Carolina highway. Police say it was reliable information from a tip that led investigators to where the body was found.

Davis was reported missing from her Fayetteville, NC mobile home park around 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 10. Her mother says she last saw the girl that morning around 5:30 a.m. She was seen shortly after at a hotel with Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, who was arrested and according to police confessed to her kidnapping.

Authorities have also arrested Antoinette Nicole Davis, Shaniya's mother for human trafficking, child abuse involving prostitution and filing a false police report. She made her first appearance in court on Monday where the judge explained the charges against her, and she requested a court appointed attorney.

Early on in the case police had arrested the mom's boyfriend, Clarence Coe, 30, for kidnapping, but released him after McNeill was arrested.

The press conference has been rescheduled for Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. It will be held in front of the police station.

http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-Crime--Media-Examiner~y2009m11d17-Police-have-new-information-in-Shaniya-Davis-case

A RANT!!!!  I detest it when people have no more respect for the dead than to refer to them by their last name only...her name was Shaniya Davis...not just DAVIS you Ahole!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »

Okay, my opinion may not be popular and I am way behind on here, but regarding the aunt that took her to the "mom".

She took her with clothes for two days, "mom" calls and says you won't ever see her again..etc. The aunt in my opinion had no legal control over the situation and if the Dad's name is not on the birth certificate, neither did he once they let Shaniyah off at the house. Should they have not taken her there, YES, but once she was there they had NO way to get her back except through the court system.

The aunt and Dad are not blameless, BUT what if the mom had come to the house to get her? She would have every right to take her home and there would be no reason for LE to keep her from getting Shaniyah. 

JMO, JSM  BTL

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
allalone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »

Okay, my opinion may not be popular and I am way behind on here, but regarding the aunt that took her to the "mom".

She took her with clothes for two days, "mom" calls and says you won't ever see her again..etc. The aunt in my opinion had no legal control over the situation and if the Dad's name is not on the birth certificate, neither did he once they let Shaniyah off at the house. Should they have not taken her there, YES, but once she was there they had NO way to get her back except through the court system.

The aunt and Dad are not blameless, BUT what if the mom had come to the house to get her? She would have every right to take her home and there would be no reason for LE to keep her from getting Shaniyah. 

JMO, JSM  BTL

You are completely correct.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2009, 07:32:35 PM »

Not entirely correct. Whether the dad had a legal right to shaniya is not determined exclusively by the birth certificate. He was legally presumed to be the father based on his relationship with her and the fact that he'd raised her, supported her, educated her, and so forth.

allalone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009, 07:33:35 PM »

I am wondering, and hoping someone can answer my question.

Because there has been talk about drug use, would the jail have tested AD for drugs when the took blood? If they did and she tested positive, could they add extra charges because of the pregnancy?
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »

Allalone, do you mean add charges for taking drugs while pregnant?  There is no such crime as far as I know.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »

Allalone, do you mean add charges for taking drugs while pregnant?  There is no such crime as far as I know.

maybe not a legal crime but certainly a moral crime...as we would all agree on that one!
Hi Jess!!

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »

klaas, I am bringing this over here from the last thread and thanks for posting it. I know that I had read an article last night that Shaniya was alive when they left the hotel, but I grew more weary trying to find it again.

Still trying to catch up.

Thanks again, you saved me. I was beginning to think that I had misread or that the article was in error. 

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/952898

More charges expected today in Shaniya Davis case

SANFORD - Shaniya Davis was alive when she left a Sanford motel, Fayetteville police said this morning in a news release.

Heart
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »

Endangering the life of a fetus is a crime in some states, I think.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 07:46:32 PM »

JMO, JSM  BTL

You are completely correct.

Which brings up the next question of why neither of the egg donors sought legal custody of this child.

Another child that did not stand a chance!

Heart
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »

Endangering the life of a fetus hasn't been a crime since Roe v. Wade.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »

its not a crime to take drugs while pregnant.  the reason its not kinda goes back to the whole "when does life begin?" debate.  if taking drugs while pregnant was criminalized it would bring up major problems with abortion laws, roe vs. wade and all sorts of stuff.  we get calls all the time from people that want to report women who are pregnant for child abuse/neglect, but until the baby is born there is nothing we can do about it unless there are other living children in the home and the mother is using drugs.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »

Those are my thoughts as well JessStar.

Heart
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »

its not a crime to take drugs while pregnant.  the reason its not kinda goes back to the whole "when does life begin?" debate.  if taking drugs while pregnant was criminalized it would bring up major problems with abortion laws, roe vs. wade and all sorts of stuff.  we get calls all the time from people that want to report women who are pregnant for child abuse/neglect, but until the baby is born there is nothing we can do about it unless there are other living children in the home and the mother is using drugs.

Pregnant South Carolina Women Go to Jail for Drug Use | Pregnancy ... Oct 27, 2009 ... Should Pregnant Drug Users Be Jailed For Endangering the Fetus? ... should be prosecuted for endangering the life of their unborn child? ...

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 07:55:48 PM »

Not entirely correct. Whether the dad had a legal right to shaniya is not determined exclusively by the birth certificate. He was legally presumed to be the father based on his relationship with her and the fact that he'd raised her, supported her, educated her, and so forth.
Sorry, I am not smart so I don't know the ins and outs of the law. My mistake, that is why I lurk.

But it happened to a friend of mine who was raising her nephew. The parents show up and there was nothing she could do but give him to the parents. Sorry for the confusion.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 07:56:01 PM »

drug use is illegal whether preggers are not...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.