March 19, 2024, 12:05:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711863 times)
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »

It Pizz me off when a mother says they do not know how much their child weighs

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »

Hey, Monkeys......didnt we read here and hear that Shaniya had a big scar on her foot....did we ever know what happened there??   we need to see if we cant find something out about that to....wonder if that happened at the hands of the Mother too...we need to find out about that scar...it must be pretty big if they used it as identifying messures....hmm

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »

Jesus! how many times does the mom <<<used loosely>>> have to tell 911 that Shaniya knew how to unlock the doors! NG  just said it ! she must be logged onto here! tee hee!

anyways...I believe that the mom meant the 5:30 p.m. time till the operator corrected her...someone else on here had said this earlier as well...

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2009, 08:12:57 PM »

Shaniya Davis' death is second tragedy for the child's father

By Gregory Phillips, The Fayetteville *******, N.C.

Nov. 17--The death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis is the second time her father, Bradley Wayne Lockhart, has dealt with tragedy.

In 1998, Lockhart's wife of seven years was murdered along with her 19-year-old sister at a home on Graham Road. The two women were bound, gagged and shot with a shotgun in what police said was a robbery.

Three others were also shot; one, 24-year-old David Epps, also died.

Lockhart and his wife, Vickie Sue Lockhart, had three children together. Since the murders, the children have mostly stayed with their grandparents in the Remington subdivision behind Seventy-First High School.

"We've had a lot of tragedy in our family," said Byron Coleman, the father of Vickie Sue Lockhart and Channel Coleman. That's about all he could bring himself to say, after the discovery of Shaniya's body Monday near Sanford.

Two men were later convicted and sentenced to life in prison for the 1998 killings.

Shaniya had spent most of the past three or four years living with Bradley Lockhart at his home in northern Cumberland County. Lockhart has said he didn't have much of a relationship with Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis.

Last month, Lockhart let Shaniya live with her mother after she had appeared to get her life together, he said. Davis and another man are now implicated in Shaniya's disappearance.

Byron Coleman and his 13-year-old grandson helped in the search for Shaniya, which began Sunday morning along N.C. 87.

Coleman said he also spent Saturday night driving back roads between Sanford and Siler City looking for any sign of Shaniya. The former Marine said he had talked to officials at Camp Lejeune about helping with the search about an hour before Shaniya's body was found.

"It made my stomach just turn," said Phyllis Coleman, Byron's wife, of hearing the news. "It was heartbreaking to us ... We loved Shaniya, too."

The Colemans said Bradley and Vickie Sue Lockhart's three children -- Byron III, 20; Cheyenne, 17; and 13-year-old Chivas -- are handling the loss of Shaniya as well as they can. They are Shaniya's half-siblings.

"Cheyenne just broke up," Phyllis Coleman said. "That was the only sister she ever had."

Staff writer Gregory Phillips can be reached at phillipsg@fayobserver.com or 486-3596.

-----
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/137877100

Heart
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »

Good Evening Monkey Friends
I think someone else was at the Comfort Inn when  MM took Shaniya there, I guess I just have my doubts that this scum would spend the money for a room, when the non caring egg donor could have easily let him do what he wanted right there in the mobile home. Idk I still have question that someone else was at the Comfort Inn.
You are not alone, I feel the same way.

ITA.  He was either taking Shaniya so he got the profit, or was sharing the profit with AD.  Either way they are both scum.  I still think we will hear about the 60 year old in the future.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2009, 08:14:19 PM »

It Pizz me off when a mother says they do not know how much their child weighs

me too!

it sounds like Shaniya had the long blue t shirt on when she was last seen by the mom and it appears to be the same thing that she had on when video saw her with MM...and when she was found

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »

Jesus! how many times does the mom <<<used loosely>>> have to tell 911 that Shaniya knew how to unlock the doors! NG  just said it ! she must be logged onto here! tee hee!

anyways...I believe that the mom meant the 5:30 p.m. time till the operator corrected her...someone else on here had said this earlier as well...

I said that also Cookie, that jumped out to me and I think AD was just going along with morning since the 911 operator said it.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »

The 911 call on NG right now, I swore when AD was describing what Shaniya was wearing she started to say "she was wearing a blue velvet..... a blue shirt"

I think she damn well knew she was wearing the blue velvet dress we are seeing in the elevator images as she dressed up nice and pretty. 

Shaniya had on an oversized navy blue t-shirt (possibly long sleeve). I least that is what I think I saw in the pics.

Heart
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2009, 08:17:13 PM »

Not entirely correct. Whether the dad had a legal right to shaniya is not determined exclusively by the birth certificate. He was legally presumed to be the father based on his relationship with her and the fact that he'd raised her, supported her, educated her, and so forth.

You can give your kids to anyone to raise, just get a certified letter saying you are giving guardianship to so and so and that is all that person needs to be able to receive government assistance, file them on taxes, register them in school, take them to the doctor, etc.  But unless the papers are filed in a court giving them legal guardianship you can go get your kid back at any time and there isn't jack that the person that was raising them can do without taking you to court to get the child/ren back which we all know takes time and money.  So he could be legally presumed Shaniya's father because he has done all this stuff but he would still only be able to get her back by taking the mother to court, which if he had filed right away (and he said it was his descision to give her to her mom) he would still be waiting for that court day that would never come now, because it takes months.  And only then would his legal right to her, birth certificate or no, then be decided.  Shaniya never had a chance.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »

Published: 07:41 PM, Tue Nov 17, 2009

A community grieves, but where are mom's tears?

Bill Kirby

Timidly, she stood before the judge. She wore a tan detention garment, and she was surrounded by five deputies.

"Are you Antoinette Davis?" District Court Judge Talmadge Baggett asked.

Yes, she acknowledged.

"You are charged with two felonies," the judge said during Davis' first appearance in court Monday. "Do you understand?"

Antoinette Davis had little expression.

"Yes sir," she said.

Baggett continued to read the accusations against the 25-year-old mother, when a lawyer, Susan Hall, requested the judge forego reading the charges.

The judge gave pause. Not for long. No, he ruled.

These were charges of human trafficking and felony child abuse involving prostitution, and this was the child's mother who was being arraigned.

This, the judge reasoned, was a heinous crime. This, the judge deemed, was an egregious crime. This arraignment, the judge understood, was about an innocent child - a victim of evil ways.

Good for this judge.

This is about as despicable a crime as Cumberland County has come to know; as 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis' body was discovered just an hour earlier Monday in a wooded area off N.C. 87 in Lee County.

Antoinette Davis is the child's mother, who reported her daughter missing in the early morning hours nine days ago from the mobile home park where the family lived, just off Murchison Road.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, is charged with first-degree kidnapping, after police say he admitted to being in a Sanford hotel some 40 minutes after the mother reported last seeing her daughter.

Antoinette Davis, as she listened to the judge, nervously clasped her hands. She munched her lips.

She knew, according to a sheriff's department spokeswoman, that a child's body had been found.

There was no emotion from Antoinette Davis inside the Cumberland County Detention Center, where the judge scheduled a probable cause hearing for Dec. 3 and appointed her a public defender.

There were no tears.

Just a countenance of the surreal across her face before being led back to a 10 by 8 jail cell with a cot, toilet and sink/water fountain.

Outside, an aunt grieved.

"She's only five," Yvonne Mitchell, 36, said about little Shaynia, who was identified Tuesday as the lifeless child discovered in the woods south of Sanford. "What could she have done? This is a child."

Yet, Mitchell says the family stands behind Antoinette Davis, who is accused of - forget the legal terms - offering her child for sexual servitude.

"Maybe she met somebody crazy," she said. "But I don't think she had anything to do with it."

Meanwhile, the words of Bradley Lockhart, the child's distraught father, should haunt us most.

"Drop her off at a hospital, a police station," he pleaded Monday on national television. "At a Walmart."

It was evil enough to take this defenseless child from her home for sexual bondage, but to take her innocent life and leave it like garbage among kudzu and deer carcasses ...

... She was, for God's sake, a kid with a cute smile and dashing brown eyes who weighed 40 pounds.

It's unconscionable.

And unforgivable.
Bill Kirby can be reached at kirbyb@fayobserver.com or 323-4848, ext. 486.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953042

Heart
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »

What does the law say?
Currently there is only one state, South Carolina, that holds prenatal substance abuse as a criminal act of child abuse and neglect. Other states have laws that address prenatal substance abuse:

Iowa, Minnesota, and North Dakota's health care providers are required to test for and report prenatal drug exposure. Virginia health care providers are only required to test.
Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Utah, and Rhode Island's health care providers are required to report prenatal drug exposure. Reporting and testing can be evidence used in child welfare proceedings.
Some states consider prenatal substance abuse as part of their child welfare laws. Therefore prenatal drug exposure can provide grounds for terminating parental rights because of child abuse or neglect. These states include: Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Some states have policies that enforce admission to an inpatient treatment program for pregnant women who use drugs. These states include: Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
In 2004, Texas made it a felony to smoke marijuana while pregnant, resulting in a prison sentence of 2-20 years.
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/illegaldrugs.html

For those interested in the most updated summary of the law in every state, see http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/drugexposedall.pdf

You'll quickly see that the law requires the birth of the child as a prerequisite to the crime.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2009, 08:20:33 PM »

I said that also Cookie, that jumped out to me and I think AD was just going along with morning since the 911 operator said it.

I knew that someone had said it but I couldn't remember who it was...

has anyone done a background check on Dad? just out of curiosity...I  tried to do one but there was a charge so I didn't do it...I am sure that he is clean..
just makes me wonder why a guy like him would have unprotected sex with a prostitute...a 1 night stand as he put it...
not trying to bash the dad, just nosy I guess...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2009, 08:20:48 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30485355&op=1&o=all&view=all&subj=177802057491&aid=-1&oid=177802057491&id=1233451030

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2009, 08:22:07 PM »

I also think someone else was at the comfort inn. And what ever happen about the 60 ish year old man driving a blue toyota what is up with that why has nothing been said about that? Or has it and I just don't know about it?
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »

OMG...thats a beautiful picture Texas....look how nice and clean and well cared for she is...and again.,,,,,,nothing wrong with her ears here either...thats why I said I think that was the ends of MM hair in the pict in the hotel or the light reflecting off the earring in her ear...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »

So did I just read that the egg donor was a prositute when she got preggo with shaniya?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »

I also think someone else was at the comfort inn. And what ever happen about the 60 ish year old man driving a blue toyota what is up with that why has nothing been said about that? Or has it and I just don't know about it?

It may have been a false tip, we just don't know.  Keep in mind that even after her body was found they were getting tips that she was seen alive places.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »

Not entirely correct. Whether the dad had a legal right to shaniya is not determined exclusively by the birth certificate. He was legally presumed to be the father based on his relationship with her and the fact that he'd raised her, supported her, educated her, and so forth.

You can give your kids to anyone to raise, just get a certified letter saying you are giving guardianship to so and so and that is all that person needs to be able to receive government assistance, file them on taxes, register them in school, take them to the doctor, etc.  But unless the papers are filed in a court giving them legal guardianship you can go get your kid back at any time and there isn't jack that the person that was raising them can do without taking you to court to get the child/ren back which we all know takes time and money.  So he could be legally presumed Shaniya's father because he has done all this stuff but he would still only be able to get her back by taking the mother to court, which if he had filed right away (and he said it was his descision to give her to her mom) he would still be waiting for that court day that would never come now, because it takes months.  And only then would his legal right to her, birth certificate or no, then be decided.  Shaniya never had a chance.

Sorry, Ariana.  After 16 years of practicing law, I have to disagree with you.  You're talking about something completely different.  You're talking about turning over legal guardianship to someone, not a determination of parenthood.  No one contested that the dad was the dad.  And if he had a hint that Shaniya was in danger, he could have filed for a TRO and had the child back within an hour.  Now, I'm just talking from my experience, which might not be the same everywhere.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »

well papers or no papers ......custody or no custody...if I thought for one second that my child was in danger at the hands of this woman.....trust me....I would have gone there and gotten my child back,,,,,one way or the other.....it might have not been legal...but I would have her.......promise you that,.......been there...done that.......

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »

Now we know what Angels look like... ::MonkeyAngel::I have never seen a more beautiful child. I know God held her in his arms  and took away the pain while these monsters did what they did to her...that is my prayer for Shaniya. I also think this horrific crime will bring changes in our laws I think Shaniya's family will see to it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.